Brittany Murphy Dies

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I hate to keep playing the diabetic card. But as a diabetic, I have my liver tested every 3 months (via blood test). Every 6 months I get an ultrasound of my liver and kidneys. This due to the meds I'm on. In my case I have a fatty liver, and I have to keep a close eye on it.

I would just be amazed that a layperson like me (with no huge amount of money to throw around) is getting tested. You would think that Brittany would be under good doctors care. When acting, the film companies would require physicals -- right? They would require her to be in good health or they wouldn't insure her. Right?

Looking back at the Michael Jackson (who was 50). He even had to pass a medical exam that was required earlier this year in order for promoter AEG Live to obtain the proper insurance from Lloyd's of London for Jackson's 50-show engagement at O2 Arena, which was supposed to kick off in July.

This is all too confusing to me, as MJ was obviously on that Propofol stuff and passed an exam -- so who the heck knows anymore.

Just another wait and see right now...

Best,

Mel

I am a Type I diabetic, and I'm always amazed by how good of care that I get from my care team. I, also, get all of my heart, liver and kidney stuff checked every 3 months. Interestingly enough, though, I'm dumbfounded when I find out that other diabetics are not getting these same panels done. In fact I've talked to some diabetics who only see their endocrinologist 1 or 2 times per year, whereas I see mine 4 times at a minimum.

In the rush-rush of Hollywood, I wouldn't be surprised that, even with her money, she was not receiving the proper amount of care.

I'm interested to see how this all turns out. The media releasing that she was a diabetic puts the fear of God in my wife, since I"m 32 also.

I don't know yet that Brittany had a drug problem...or that drugs killed her...but anyone that enables an addict is assisting in suicide, imo. That isn't love. That's assisted suicide...IMO

It's not that straight forward if they are both addicts, which I feel may have been the case here!

My first instinct was that drugs and/or an eating disorder were involved, but if it she was vomiting pretty severely, it's possible she got dehydrated. Severe dehydration can cause cardiac arrest. Still, someone her age dying from cardiac arrest doesn't seem right, no matter what. I really hope they do an autopsy with a full toxicological workup.

Drugs and eating disorders also cause severe dehydration.

this neighbor who saw her on the gurney says Brittany looked "totally yellow"...it's at the end of the video they have posted...why yellow? Do people turn yellow after death? I've never heard yellow...or maybe it was her poor health...?

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b158952_who_brittany_murphys_husband_really.html

That's usually a liver issue. A big overdose problem with vicodin is the amount of tylenol one consumes in order to get the amount of hydrocodone they want. It's very easy to ingest a fatal amount of acetaminophen that way.

Interestingly, vomiting might be a sign that a person is about to have cardiac arrest. Maybe she wasn't vomiting because she had the flu, but instead she was vomiting because she was about to have cardiac arrest?

"Chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea or vomiting, and dizziness were the most common heralds of an impending cardiac arrest. Some people began to experience these hours before the arrest. In 90% of the cases, symptoms lasted for at least five minutes. Only 25% of the victims had truly out-of-the-blue arrests that weren’t preceded by symptoms."
http://www.health.harvard.edu/press_releases/sudden-cardiac-arrest

Vomiting is also what happens when someone has taken too much APAP. An addict may keep taking more and more thinking it would make them feel better when in fact it was harming them. I know too many people that has happened too.

It doesn't make me think any less of Brittany and it doesn't take away from the sadness of her young death, but I would bet my last dollar that drugs are a strong contributing factor to her death....just like Anna Nichole, just like Heath Ledger, just like Michael Jackson, just like DJ AM.....and countless others.

Addiction is the biggest scourge on our planet.

Yep she was Daisy. I love her best in the ice cream shop scene (I'm not linking because all have bad language and some peeps get offended) But she is top notch in that movie IMO.

I completely understand. I will put a warning: contains offensive language - view at your own discretion.

It’s in memory of Ms. Murphy playing tribute to your art.

It’s was such a powerful performance by Brittany Murphy and the movie is based on a true story.

Thanks for posting the link arielilane. I've watched this movie with my DD on several occasions and never knew that Brittany played the role of Daisy. Gosh, Girl Interrupted was released in 1999, it doesn't seem that long ago. Here is a link Brittany's IMDB page. It is interesting and impressive to see all of her credits.

RIP Brittany, you will be greatly missed!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005261/

Such sad news. I really liked her in 8 Mile. And thought she and Ashton were such a cute couple. My sympathies to her family, especially her mom for having found her. No parent should outlive a child and and certainly not have to find their child like that in the shower.

I will be very surprised if this turns out to be a death ruled completely by natural causes. As it's been mentioned before it was a pretty open secret that Brittany had some serious drug issues. And that husband definitely didn't help the situation.

O/T: SuziQ, I am so sorry your husband died as a result of what a doctor did. My husband had a massive heart attack on a Sunday afternoon just before he was to see a cardiac surgeon the following Thursday. His heart doctor had told his nurse to schedule the appointment and I had to remind her after a few days that she did not have the appointment set yet. The doctor had told her to set one for as soon as possible. That was on a Friday when I called her and he died on Sunday afternoon. He had 2 stints already. What I did do after a few weeks was call the doctor and tell him of my husband's death and scheduling the appointment having been forgotten about for a few days.
He apologized profusely but it did not help. I just wanted him to know my husband was dead. Certainly not the same thing you went through, but still maybe something that could have been prevented had the doctor hospitalized my husband. He was having discomfort and some irregular chest pains at the doctors office.

As for Brittany; I really liked her. She was so cute in that movie with Ashton Kutcher (sp.). So young and beautiful. It is such a shame. May she rest in peace.

GB her family and friends.

OMG...I know this post is older but I had to respond...my heart aches for you, such a sad story...:( thanks for sharing La...the importance of prompt medical care is screaming at me through your post...*HUGS*

Another report of the 'yellow' from the neighbor via US mag...and they have a photo of Monjack at a hospital (see no cell phone signs) but he appears to be wearing a bracelet, might be from when he was in hospital or did he see a DR, too? Unsure, here...I, as yet, do not see what she saw in him...I wonder if her liver stopped working...would that cause heart problems, I wonder? It's going to be a long 6 weeks...waiting for results...

But Staples says it seemed too late.

"She was really yellow," she tells Us. "They were holding her head back to keep the tube down her throat. She looked dead."

Sad...
Staples recalls seeing Murphy's mother at the scene as well.

"She was carrying clothes for her," says Staples. "I don't think she realized how bad it was."
An official cause of death may not be determined for some time, since toxicology tests will be required, but "it appears to be natural

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...daze-as-paramedics-tried-to-save-her-20092112

Alot of liver related issues will make you feel like you have the worst flu ever. My husband thought he had the flu then docs misdiagnosed him as having gallbladder problems. He was actually suffering from an adverse drug reaction to acetaminophen and the docs sent him home with hydrocodone apap. The hydrocodone apap the docs sent him home with was putting a gun to his head and killed him.

IMO, Brittany's flu could have been a liver issue and the docs could have misdiagnosed her and sent her on home with meds.

I'm very, very sorry. I had a problem with tylenol myself. I don't know if you know but some people are allergic to tylenol. No where near the recommended dose sent me to the hospital. Not a safe drug.

This interview was apparently days before her death...

Murphy’s frail appearance at the December 3 opening party of contemporary label Tt Collection's first pop-up retail location in Los Angeles raised a few eyebrows.

“I am a bit thinner now then what I would like to be,” Murphy told Tarts.

Murphy, who also seemed to be a bit distracted and dazed, had been dealing with an array of personal stresses.

In November, rumors circulated that she was fired from a film in Puerto Rico, which her rep told Tarts at the time was not true.

Then her husband Simon Monjack was rushed to hospital after their return flight in which he became gravely ill and “incoherent.”
Despite admitting to being a few pounds underweight, Murphy was very enthusiastic about her workout regimen, crediting her slender physique to plies and pirouettes.

“I was a ballerina for a long time,” Murphy said. “I still take ballet lessons now – what it does to your body is incredible.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-counts-blessings-final-interview/?test=faces

EVERYBODY is claiming to be the 'last appearance' here's one on Dec 20th??? That was the night before she died, wasn't it? ETA>>>wrong date on article of appearance, it was the 3rd...

Brittany Murphy's last public appearance was December 20 at an event for Tt, a haute coture fashion label that has a signature line called Skinny Stretch.

On the Tt website, they display a picture of Murphy in one of their dresses in an article by InTouch Magazine discussing the fact that she looked very thin. (It is currently the third image shown)

At the event, People Magazine reports that Murphy said "As far as having a New Year's resolution, I'd love to have a child next year,but that's kind of a large one!" Included in the story is an image of her looking impossibly thin in the dress from Tt.

http://www.examiner.com/x-32679-All...d-very-thin-at-last-appearance-in-Los-Angeles

Link to photo...3rd image...it appears to be the same dress and appearance I posted yesterday...but interesting that people knew she was in bad shape...

http://www.ttcollection.com/press/

Photo of Brittany on December 3rd at Tt show...http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2009/12/last-photo-brittany-murphy

OT
SuzieQ and LaLaw,
Thank you for sharing your stories. I am so sorry for your losses. Hugs and blessings, wm

I have learned much from this thread as I have had health issues these past several years. I now know that if I pass out and vomit bile that I should be taken to the ER. I just wrote it off as another symptom of autoimmune disease when this happened to me in Dec. a few years ago. After fainting and falling thru my bf's arms to the floor, my DD ran in an grabbed a cold rag for my face and brought me around. When I came to, I crawled to the bathroom and vomited and then the only thing I wanted to do was take a warm bath. All I was doing at the time was watching 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' and making a PB&J sandwich. I spoke to my Dr about it during my next visit and he acted as if it was no big deal!?

Anyway, thanks for all the input and personal stories. I've learned alot from all of you!

wm

SNL did a skit on Brittany a couple of weeks ago. It was not kind...the video has been pulled from the net...

A “Saturday Night Live” sketch that satirized the actress Brittany Murphy has been pulled from Internet sites like hulu.com, provoking disagreements among viewers about whether the video should be allowed to remain on the Web, and whether “SNL” should have performed the skit at all.

In a segment that appeared on the Dec. 5 episode of “Saturday Night Live,” Seth Meyers, the show’s Weekend Update anchor and head writer, noted reports that Ms. Murphy had recently been fired from a film project called “The Collar.” He was soon joined at the Weekend Update desk by his cast mate Abby Elliott, who was impersonating Ms. Murphy. The fictional Ms. Murphy seemed to be disoriented and still under the impression she was on an episode that the real-life actress had hosted in 2002. (“You are not the host,” Mr. Meyers told Ms. Elliott throughout the skit.)
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ut-brittany-murphy-disappears-from-web-sites/

Brittany's Dad speaks...'that Simon"...the "that' says something, imo...

Her father, Angelo Bertolotti, tells Us Weekly that he hadn't seen his daughter in three years, blaming their estrangement on her marriage to Simon Monjack.
"Ever since she married that Simon, I lost contact with her," he tells Us. "But I always kept track of her to make sure she was OK in case she needed me. She married him and everything changed. After that, we weren't so close
http://www.theinsider.com/news/3125810_Brittany_Murphy_s_Father_I_Don_t_Understand_How_She_Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89