Brittany Murphy Dies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can they say 'natural causes' without the autopsy/toxicology? How does a woman of 32 die of 'natural causes"? Is an overdose classified as "natural causes", as well? Help me out, someone...I'm confused...again...;)

Report: Brittany Murphy May Have Died of Natural Causes

According to a new report, actress Brittany Murphy may have died of natural causes.

The AP reports that the Los Angeles Coroner's office told them that it appears that Murphy died of natural causes and that they are looking into the actress' medical history. An official cause of death will not be announced for some time due to the need to perform toxicology tests, the AP reports.

<<SNIP>>>more at link

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/12/82210/

Could Britney have had the swine flue???? :waitasec:

OK her husband was a low life loser...based on all I have read today.
but until we get an autopsy and know what happened he just may be a grieving husband.
I just hope her assets are not hooked to him. I also hope that if he gets a penny
it is not because he helped to cause her demise. :(

I just read that article and thought the same thing about the swine flu. It could be so many things really & most have been mentioned in this thread as possibilities.

My husband's cousin just died of heart failure and she was only 42. Years ago a male friend of mine died from heart failure while out jogging. He was as healthy as it gets and in his thirties. It happens.

If we add other factors into the mix, like possible prescription drug use/abuse; not eating properly etc., heart failure seems more likely than not but would they conclude natural causes if they find too many drugs in her system? I don't have a clue.

How can they say 'natural causes' without the autopsy/toxicology? How does a woman of 32 die of 'natural causes"? Is an overdose classified as "natural causes", as well? Help me out, someone...I'm confused...again...;)

My first instinct was that drugs and/or an eating disorder were involved, but if it she was vomiting pretty severely, it's possible she got dehydrated. Severe dehydration can cause cardiac arrest. Still, someone her age dying from cardiac arrest doesn't seem right, no matter what. I really hope they do an autopsy with a full toxicological workup.

Brittany was a fabulous actress. I didn't realize she played Daisy Randone in a favorite movie of mine: Girl, Interrupted.

pixel-vfl73.gif
Girl, Interrupted - "We don't need your daddy's money..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98akrEa6eVw

Yep she was Daisy. I love her best in the ice cream shop scene (I'm not linking because all have bad language and some peeps get offended) But she is top notch in that movie IMO.

this neighbor who saw her on the gurney says Brittany looked "totally yellow"...it's at the end of the video they have posted...why yellow? Do people turn yellow after death? I've never heard yellow...or maybe it was her poor health...?

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b158952_who_brittany_murphys_husband_really.html

Wow, yellow skin tone would indicate something going wrong with her liver. Jaundice to be specific. Now what could caused her to have gone jaundice is yet to be determined.

MY FIL passed away from cirrhosis and he was yellow many times in his life from his liver failing.

This may have already been posted, and if so I apologize...

Here is what Brittany's ex-boyfriend, Ashton Kutcher, 'tweeted' on his Twitter this morning, after hearing of her death...

"2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband and her amazing mother Sharon."

Ashton finished it off with this last line to Brittany,"I'll see you on the other side, kid".

Brittany Murphy bought the house she died at from Britney Spears in 2003.

Wow, yellow skin tone would indicate something going wrong with her liver. Jaundice to be specific. Now what could caused her to have gone jaundice is yet to be determined.

MY FIL passed away from cirrhosis and he was yellow many times in his life from his liver failing.

Could Hepatisis cause a yellow look?

[bbm]

I don't know how under wraps it was ... I've seen quite a few pics of them posing together

just imagegoogle their names together

YES but not before they got married. The relationship was pretty much under wraps as was the engagement.
MOO - he wanted it that way so that people who do know his reputation will not be talking her out of it.

This may have already been posted, and if so I apologize...

Here is what Brittany's ex-boyfriend, Ashton Kutcher, 'tweeted' on his Twitter this morning, after hearing of her death...

"2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband and her amazing mother Sharon."

Ashton finished it off with this last line to Brittany,"I'll see you on the other side, kid".

Ashton, Ashton Ashton :beats: :beats: :beats:
you made my eyes well up. - You beautiful young man.

Acetaminophen can destroy your liver within six hours, but can take a few more days to kill you. It can happen so fast that the damage is done before symptoms become apparent. It would be rare for someone to die at home from this as it makes most people so sick they seek medical help.

I'm no doctor, don't know all the facts, autopsy not in -- but from what I've heard so far:

- she's way too skinny (IMHO).
- diabetic
- "possibly" had the flu/swine flu/or possibly pneumonia?

Dehydration can easily cause heart fluctuations - including heart attack. A diabetic already has a strike against them if they're sick. Also if you don't have the physical resources to fight off an illness (ala being a waif who doesn't eat enough) you can easily die. This would be considered natural causes.

It will be interesting to hear the outcome. For some reason I don't want to think drugs were involved -- but that's just my opinion.

Rest in peace Brittany.

Mel

Yes. Traditional hepatitis doesn't cause a quick death like this though. However, a drug caused liver failure can cause a quick death.

There could be a number of reasons for yellow skin.
"Pathologic jaundice is the name given when jaundice presents a health risk, either because of its degree or its cause. Pathologic jaundice can occur in children or adults. It arises for many reasons, including blood incompatibilities, blood diseases, genetic syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, bile duct blockage, other liver diseases, infections, or medications. The term also applies to physiologic jaundice exaggerated by dehydration, prematurity, difficult delivery, or other reason."
http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/003243.htm

Only guessing...she looked yellow, and maybe they could conclude it was not an OD.

Yep, any disease or injury to the liver can cause jaundice.

http://www.medicinenet.com/jaundice/article.htm

JJ is correct, we don't have an explanation but, yellow skin is always defined as jaundice. Usually we hear this term most commonly with newborns. It can happen to adults as well. It certainly gives the coroner an exact area to start with. He needs to look at her liver first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefunee