Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't think the judge and the PO are running to cover their butts for fear of a law suit. There will be an invetigation and I am assuming they will be cleaning house. If the judge is elected, I doubt she will be re elected.

One of Brooke's friends who was interviewed at the wake last night made an interesting comment about Brooke's personality.

The double use of the word 'didn't' is a little confusing, but this makes me wonder if Brooke was able to fight back enough to have left scratches or cuts or even bite marks on MJ.

Article is here.
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/16826010/detail.html

I hope she left scars all over him!!!!!
I pray she got at least one good swing at him.

But the :chicken: chit probably used a taser on her, if she got out of control.

Or someone was pressuring the new PO to release Jacques.
I could believe that if the reasoning was something unrelated to him, like a case-load/understaffing issue.

I'm just not sure this weasel had the kind of personal clout that could influence how his case was handled. Is his family that prominent?

I really don't think the judge and the PO are running to cover their butts for fear of a law suit. There will be an invetigation and I am assuming they will be cleaning house. If the judge is elected, I doubt she will be re elected.
By the winter I would bet there are lots of people out of jobs that had a hand in this .

There is nothing so far to say that might not happen down the road.

In my book they both were accomplices. Denise implicated herself already, so it could be. I'm sure after the funeral today anything could happen.

While Michael Jacques continues to be the focal point of the investigation into the death of his niece Brooke Bennett, Vermont corrections officials are re-examining the decision to release Jacques from probation earlier than his 1993 conviction for kidnapping and raping a young female allowed.
In an interview yesterday, Vermont Commissioner of the Department of Corrections Rob Hofmann said that while the judge who approved Jacques's early release indicated in her ruling that a probation officer supported the decision, internal documents show the department was opposed to letting Jacques off probation. Hofmann said the department is investigating the discrepancy. (more at link)

I hope Brookes father & stepmother sue the pants off the state of Vermont, if this is the case. I am so outraged at the laws in this state, makes me want to go to Montpelier and B**chslap every single one of those idiots sitting in office!

I hope Brookes father & stepmother sue the pants off the state of Vermont, if this is the case. I am so outraged at the laws in this state, makes me want to go to Montpelier and B**chslap every single one of those idiots sitting in office!
I'd be cheering you on!!!:clap: Not one of them would get a free pass either.

In my book they both were accomplices. Denise implicated herself already, so it could be. I'm sure after the funeral today anything could happen.
doesn't Vermont have child endangerment laws?

O/T a bit, but I was wondering if there could be threads started on different topics. It's very hard for some people to keep up before having to read through hundreds of posts. Everything is all on threads without separate topics. I think, it would be much easier to access information and to find what we are looking for. This thread is #16 and there are pages and pages of information that I'm sure could be spread out. Just a suggestion.

Are all RSOs prevented from being around children? Or, just the RSOs where the child is the victim?

Yes & I feel they both need locked up with their adoring hubbie & Ex hubby!!!
Truer words have never been spoken cheko1. Every state has problems or lack of their laws but it is up to us as parents to protect our children in every way. We can not place blame on everyone else for what happened. Us as a society have to speak up. Parents can not just sit back and say they have done all they can do. One cannot say "I cannot keep up with my children 24-7" We as parents have to put our kids first and be involved in their lives even to the point of being over protective. These parents(all of them) knew what they had around them and their children. It was not up to the state of Vermont to say "You kids can not go anywhere around MJ" PARENTS MUST THINK!!!!!

Brooke's father also knew Jacques was a RSO. He said it wasn't an issue.

I can't agree there, everyone in the family including the father knew full well that Jacques was a sex offender, and they all chose to let Brooke associate with him including sleep over at his home.

The real fault lies with Cassandra and Denise not the state of Vermont.

How are you going to sue the state when you knowingly let your 12 year old daughter spend time with a known rapist?

I'm just not sure this weasel had the kind of personal clout that could influence how his case was handled. Is his family that prominent?

The family has been in the area for many generations and owns land, and a couple of businesses, but IMO it would be quite a stretch to say "prominent."

Below is a link to the post from regarding the PO's comment. Bold is by me.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2350264&postcount=185

Below is a link to the post from the PO, it's on page 4, July third 4:39PM by Paul McNaughton. It's too long to post here. You really need to read the entire comment.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2...e-always-a-pedophile/comment-page-4/#comments

(snip)
I was Michael Jacques Probation Officer for a number of years, His conviction was not for an assault against a child. His victim was a young woman - a fellow employee at his workplace. However it was a violation of a position of authority and trust, just as it is with pedophiles and child molesters. His offense involved kidnapping and aggravated sexual asault It was a pre meditated crime. He had assembled a “rape kit” which he kept in his car. He raped and mentally tortured his victim for the entire night. At daybreak he took her to his killing spot, in the woods at his grandfather’s farm, put her on her knees, pulled her head back from the rear and placed a knife against her neck, actually drawing blood in the process. The victim managed to get him to relent at the last possible moment after promising to fabricate a story. (more at link)

Below is a link to the post from regarding the PO's comment. Bold is by me.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2350264&postcount=185

Below is a link to the post from the PO, it's on page 4, July third 4:39PM by Paul McNaughton. It's too long to post here. You really need to read the entire comment.

Thank you so much, SuziQ.

It is chilling to me that he took this woman to his grandfather's farm, to approximately the same place he buried Brooke.

O/T a bit, but I was wondering if there could be threads started on different topics. It's very hard for some people to keep up before having to read through hundreds of posts. Everything is all on threads without separate topics. I think, it would be much easier to access information and to find what we are looking for. This thread is #16 and there are pages and pages of information that I'm sure could be spread out. Just a suggestion.

Hi MrsMush! There are several (2 pages) threads already started on different topics pertaining to Brooke's case, i.e., photos; affidavits; myspace links; media; etc.:blowkiss:

Fox News just showed a portion of the funeral....said they are getting the feed from their local Fox affiliate. Cassandra, Savanna, Jim Bennett and Janet were shown....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member