Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Vermonter who was a teenager not too terribly long ago, I take going to party to mean get drunk and/or hang out with friends.

I just discovered who the probation officer was. He's also the officer in charge of the RSO living next door to my town's busiest school bus stop. That's comforting. Not.

:clap:Boy Christine, you rock! Thanks all of you for the new threads!!! I think they should help all of us-esp peeps that are just getting on board with this case. I swear i don't remember one that needed this many threads/involved this many people (both on the periphery as well as extended family members) Whew!!!

:clap:Boy Christine, you rock! Thanks all of you for the new threads!!! I think they should help all of us-esp peeps that are just getting on board with this case. I swear i don't remember one that needed this many threads/involved this many people (both on the periphery as well as extended family members) Whew!!!

Yes, my thanks too Christine, and everyone's work! I still need alot of catching up to do..renovating my bathroom all week kept me away from the board...I'd rather be here, lol ! :)

Yes, my thanks too Christine, and everyone's work! I still need alot of catching up to do..renovating my bathroom all week kept me away from the board...I'd rather be here, lol ! :)

Okie dokies then, let's trade for a couple of days ;) :blowkiss:

Evaluating Vermont's First Amber Alert-B. Bennett

Burlington, Vermont - July 11, 2008

It's construction season in Vermont-- and if you didn't know it-- all you'd have to do is read the electronic billboards... billboards that should have been displaying an Amber Alert when Brooke Bennett went missing two weeks ago.

"They just didn't contact us. If we'd been contacted, we would have put our system in place," said John Zicconi of the Vt. Agency of Transportation.

Vt. State police say they forgot to contact the Agency of Transportation.

"There may have been a little breakdown in communication," admitted Vt. State Police Lt. Mark Lauer

First they Vermont DOC release the and then when he kidnappes a child the State Police "forget" to call the Agency of Transportation to activate the electronic billboards!!!!

And they are investigating this case!!! YIKES

It just keeps getting better

We're going to to have to agree to disagree on the relevance of knowing the names of various minors and relatives in photos, AR's half sister's names, and so forth in terms of the actual case of Brooke Bennett's abduction and murder. The only exception I would make is information on AR's boyfriend because he IS involved in the case and information about him could be helpful to figure out what he might have known or not known, but he's a minor and so far LE hasn't given the faintest hint that he had any knowledge of Brooke's fate.

I wasn't speaking of this web site as voyeristic and narcissistic, more of the FaceBooke/MySpace generation that will post and blog about the most private information, their sex lives, drug use, post photos of themselves in compromising situations and seemly not care that it will be available for anyone who has a mind to find it forever.

I am going to come in here and say that there is a line between natural curiosity and morbid curiosity....I have no appetite for the continued presentation of details in this case that have nothing other than salaciousness to recommend them-the names of half siblings and the names and locations of other possible sexual assault victims come to mind. We have been comfortable in the past not only on these threads but on others with using initials. We have always masked or chosen to send by PM myspace pages etc...I realize that I am beating a dead horse, and I will let it go. Let's continue to theorize and toss ideas back and forth...let's go find the safe, lol. Let us channel our energy into finding a way to keep safe the remaining children who are still at the mercy of the adults involved in this monstrocity....just a thought.

I am facinated by the reports from those who are in the community regarding family dynamics, as well as the posts that give me a feel for the location and distances...so please do not stop giving us the scoop!!!

Peace to all....

Evaluating Vermont's First Amber Alert-B. Bennett

Burlington, Vermont - July 11, 2008

It's construction season in Vermont-- and if you didn't know it-- all you'd have to do is read the electronic billboards... billboards that should have been displaying an Amber Alert when Brooke Bennett went missing two weeks ago.

"They just didn't contact us. If we'd been contacted, we would have put our system in place," said John Zicconi of the Vt. Agency of Transportation.

Vt. State police say they forgot to contact the Agency of Transportation.

"There may have been a little breakdown in communication," admitted Vt. State Police Lt. Mark Lauer

First they Vermont DOC release the and then when he kidnappes a child the State Police "forget" to call the Agency of Transportation to activate the electronic billboards!!!!

And they are investigating this case!!! YIKES

It just keeps getting better

:eek:

A little breakdown? That sounds like being a little pregnant.

I hate to think about the possibility that this missed opportunity may have resulted in a better outcome in this case!

I wonder really how much it could've helped!? Any ideas, anyone?

I guess, it may be hard to say, given that a TOD has not been released yet.
But, there would've been more eyes out there, at least!

I hate to think about the possibility that this missed opportunity may have resulted in a better outcome in this case!

That was my first thought also BUT since we know she was taken right back to the house & wasn't out in public.... I doubt it would have made a bit of a difference.

We have no idea WHEN Brooke's family expected her home from her sleepover at Brooke's... it makes sense that MJ & AR would have made sure her mom expected she would spend the next day & evening w/ AR.

If they didn't expect her until that night... I can understand why they didn't start to worry right away. Kids have fun & stretch the curfew all the time.... the kid is with her cousins.

That was my first thought also BUT since we know she was taken right back to the house & wasn't out in public.... I doubt it would have made a bit of a difference.
We have no idea WHEN Brooke's family expected her home from her sleepover at Brooke's... it makes sense that MJ & AR would have made sure her mom expected she would spend the next day & evening w/ AR.

If they didn't expect her until that night... I can understand why they didn't start to worry right away. Kids have fun & stretch the curfew all the time.... the kid is with her cousins.

...but we don't really know when she was taken back to the house...all we really know is what AR said in the affidavits, and I'm not sure we can believe everything she said..I think she may be minimizing her part in this. Just a thought.

When reading through the 18-page affidavit, there are several anomalies which caught my eye. One of those was the expression "going to party" verses "at the party". Perhaps it is a typographical error on the part of someone [note: I will have to locate the reference to say just who] at one point however it could be exactly what it was intended to be i.e. going to party. Further on in reading, we learn from an exchange between E and AR, that AR's "plan" calls for Brooke to be inticed by the prospects of having sex with Sam who theoretical has the "hots" for Brooke.

All this seems to contradict the belief that Brooke was naive, or was an innocent player in the upcoming events leading into June 25. Perhaps she was partly mentally prepared but also wary.

There's also a place in the e-mails where AR is suggesting ways they might get "the problem" (Brooke) where they want her, and she says: "I guess you could have some hot guy pick her up adn [sic] say that he is going to **** her at his house then he brings her to his house, which is really to you."

What do you make of that? "Some" guy? "say that he is going to **** her at his house"? And also, "you could have some hot guy pick her up,"

What do you make of this?

I will say this, even in a small town in Vermont, there are kids that "grow up" 'way too fast.

...but we don't really know when she was taken back to the house...all we really know is what AR said in the affidavits, and I'm not sure we can believe everything she said..I think she may be minimizing her part in this. Just a thought.

That's true BUT it's a pretty safe guess they either took her directly to the house OR some hidden location where the attack would take place.

My point is that this wasn't the type of kidnapping where the victim is out in public for any length of time. The Amber Alert couldn't have saved her.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would have helped Brooke or made a difference in her outcome. But making sure it never happens again will help someone else.

]

.....and her uncle, the convicted kidnapper and rapist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CouchdetectiveC