Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Olepi and Starr58 for the info. I greatly appreciate it.

You're welcome lightinthedark. I suppose it may be a good thing as it gives LE more time to track down any loose ends (ie. the safe in the landfill).

There's no indication of what Jacques may have told Gagnon, which is why he may have been forthcoming with LE/FBI. I'm not giving him a pass, but Jacques is clearly one manipulative .....uh, person...for lack of a more printable word.
Just use ... that is what he is.... person is just too good.

Are you kidding me? At the request of defense attorneys. Wonder what they are waiting for or what they have up their sleeves.

According to their motion, they have to be in another court. This is easy for the judge to verify, so I doubt that they are fudging. With the threat of the death penalty, finding a "death qualified" defense attorney in VT is probably a challenge, so it isn't like they can just look up another guy in the phone book.

Apparently, MJ's attorney has a scheduling conflict. Hopefully, they'll reschedule as soon as possible.

This doesn't mention Gagnon.....is he still on for 2pm?

It says which have long been scheduled, I guess he didn't check his schedule, It's still hot he probably like all the publicity.

My bad It's still hot he probably DOES'NT like all the publicity.

Gagnon's lawyer for the first hearing was John L. Pacht. I don't know if he is still his lawyer or not. His list of clients include bank presidents, lawyers, doctors, psychologists, college students and professors plus.... Mr. Pacht is the only attorney in the state who, within the last forty five years, has defended individuals each time a federal death penalty case has been brought in Vermont.

Wonder if he'll stay with the case....

link to John L. Pacht....http://www.hoffcurtis.com/attorneys.php?xid=11

Gagnon's lawyer for the first hearing was John L. Pacht. I don't know if he is still his lawyer or not. His list of clients include bank presidents, lawyers, doctors, psychologists, college students and professors plus.... Mr. Pacht is the only attorney in the state who, within the last forty five years, has defended individuals each time a federal death penalty case has been brought in Vermont.

does that mean there are no other death penalty qualified attorney in Vermont? its rather odd that this one would have them all unless it just doesn't come on the table often.

The last DP I remember in Vermont was the Fell case in 2003 I believe. I don't believe there have been a great number of them. Gagnon and Jacques have Federal Public Defenders. I don't have the names.

Phillip Hoff was once Governor of Vermont

Speaking of Gagnon,did he say in his affidavit that MJ had sent him pictures of AR and Juv2 having sex,Did Juv2 not know that he was being photographed.
It's entirely possible J2 didn't know. In one of the affidavits, AR mentioned that Jacques had tied her wrists and they had sex in the "computer room".

I'm thinking maybe a live webcam, run through a program that lets you record streaming video. Any number of people could have been watching - and recording - a feed posted on a private chat room.

However, I didn't see any comments made by AR in any of the released affidavits as to whether she was aware of a webcam or any other recording device.

Although now that I think about it, AR did say that she received emails and phone calls from members of Breckenridge advising her on things "to work on".

Someone pass me the brain bleach.

MJ's lawyer also needs more time to confer w/ the government's attorneys.

Could they possibly be making a deal with him?

He pleads guilty & tells everything AND avoids the death penalty?

Former stepfather of Vermont girl indicted
Houston Chronicle - United States
July 16, 2008, 6:46PM

SAN ANTONIO — The former stepfather of a 12-year-old Vermont girl found dead earlier this month was indicted Wednesday on child *advertiser censored* charges.

A grand jury indicted Raymond Gagnon on charges of transporting child *advertiser censored* in April 2007 and possessing a computer containing child *advertiser censored* on July 1, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a release.

Former stepfather of Vermont girl indicted
Houston Chronicle - United States
July 16, 2008, 6:46PM

SAN ANTONIO — The former stepfather of a 12-year-old Vermont girl found dead earlier this month was indicted Wednesday on child *advertiser censored* charges.

A grand jury indicted Raymond Gagnon on charges of transporting child *advertiser censored* in April 2007 and possessing a computer containing child *advertiser censored* on July 1, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a release.
So they found his laptop? I'm confused. Are they basing this on what may have been sent to him? Oh, I think he's guilty as all get out, but this sounds flimsy to me.

Wasn't Gagnon due in the Vermont district court tomorrow afternoon? Did he get a delay too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member