Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they found his laptop? I'm confused. Are they basing this on what may have been sent to him? Oh, I think he's guilty as all get out, but this sounds flimsy to me.

Who knows how many computers might be involved?

They could have evidence BESIDES the laptop in question.

They might have him confessing to the charges.

Is it suspected that Gagnon was molesting Brooke before her disappearance?

How long have he and Brooke's mother been seperated/divorced?

Thanks in advance. This case is mind boggling. So many twists and turns.

RIP Brooke.
Can't remember exactly how long, but it's been awhile since they've been "apart". However, it's been mentioned here that Cassandra would "see" her ex whenever he was in the area.

MJ's lawyer also needs more time to confer w/ the government's attorneys.

Could they possibly be making a deal with him?

He pleads guilty & tells everything AND avoids the death penalty?
I sure as hell hope they're not making a deal with him. Unless he's able to pin the murder on someone else, what info could he have that would trump a murder conviction?

No word in a news story from Dallas as to the whereabouts of Gagnon's computer.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D91V8I580.html

Is this a ham sandwich indictment based on Gagnon's admissions?

Wait - they did find computers in Alabama. But would they indict him in Texas for that?
Seems to me they could come up with a whole lot more than this...but at least Texas did something about him. It still confuses me.

And, I'm sorry, how busy can MJ's attorney be? Especially when you've known for a couple of weeks. I think they're still trying to work out some sort of deal...which kinda makes me sick to think of anything less for this guy than the DP.

Texas, apparently Gagnon has or had a heavy-hitter.

Gagnon's lawyer for the first hearing was John L. Pacht. I don't know if he is still his lawyer or not. His list of clients include bank presidents, lawyers, doctors, psychologists, college students and professors plus.... Mr. Pacht is the only attorney in the state who, within the last forty five years, has defended individuals each time a federal death penalty case has been brought in Vermont.

Wonder if he'll stay with the case....

link to John L. Pacht....http://www.hoffcurtis.com/attorneys.php?xid=11

Texas, apparently Gagnon has or had a heavy-hitter.
Wow...this is news to me...wonder when he got this guy...if it was recently than I can see that he has a right to delay...any word on MJ? Did he switch as well? And how the heck can Gagnon afford that guy?!

Can't remember exactly how long, but it's been awhile since they've been "apart". However, it's been mentioned here that Cassandra would "see" her ex whenever he was in the area.
Coincidentally (?), Cassandra separated from Gagnon when Brooke was around 8 years old, about the same time his "good friend" Jacques started abusing AR.

Could there be a connection? She packed up the kids and moved far away, back to Vermont.

Dearest Miss lisa,:blowkiss:
No, KG would not be able to visit. Due to the investigation.
I posted Gagnon's attorney's name a few threads ago along with Jacques attorney name.
They both have Federal Public Defenders. Nolan.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Now this was as of a couple of days ago.

Wow...this is news to me...wonder when he got this guy...if it was recently than I can see that he has a right to delay...any word on MJ? Did he switch as well? And how the heck can Gagnon afford that guy?!
MJ's attorney (the one who requested the delay because of a scheduling conflict) doesn't appear to be nearly as esteemed. I also thought he had a public defender (which if I recall caused much kvetching the other day when his $90,000 yearly salary came to light).

The WCAX link says that both probable cause hearings have been postponed:
BURLINGTON, Vt. -- Probable cause hearings that had been scheduled for Thursday in U.S. District Court in Burlington for Raymond Gagnon and Michael Jacques have been postponed at the request of defense attorneys.

Jacques' attorney, who applied for the continuance olepi posted in #258, is a Federal Public Defender.
http://www.nynd.uscourts.gov/documents/AdminOfficerVTFPD.pdf

Fox News reported on July 4th:
Lawyer John Pacht argued unsuccessfully that Gagnon cooperated with authorities who questioned him in Texas and should be released.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,376383,00.html

Inaccurate reporting, or was Gagnon questioned in Texas before he left for Alabama the day after Brooke's disappearance, and then went on to Vermont?

And is Pacht out of the picture now?

From above article:

Brooke's Death

Without autopsy results, authorities won't comment on what caused Brooke's death. It thus remains unknown what happened between June 25, when Jacques allegedly took her to his house, and when her body was moved to a shallow grave along a dirt road about a mile away. The body was found Wednesday.

Authorities expressed doubt that state murder charges would be filed anytime soon, saying that the federal prosecution for kidnapping with death resulting might suffice.

Does this mean there could be no murder charges??

Although now that I think about it, AR did say that she received emails and phone calls from members of Breckenridge advising her on things "to work on".

Someone pass me the brain bleach.

:hug: I love that-sums things up perfectly.

From above article:

Brooke's Death

Without autopsy results, authorities won't comment on what caused Brooke's death. It thus remains unknown what happened between June 25, when Jacques allegedly took her to his house, and when her body was moved to a shallow grave along a dirt road about a mile away. The body was found Wednesday.

Authorities expressed doubt that state murder charges would be filed anytime soon, saying that the federal prosecution for kidnapping with death resulting might suffice.

Does this mean there could be no murder charges??

That is exactly what that means. It also means that even if they had a COD it won't help them put a person to it.... something isn't right with that statement.
what is the penalty for murder in Vermont do they have the DP for state charges?

I would think the Federal charges would stand above any state charges. The kidnapping charge is federal and a murder charge would be state. If they get the death penalty on the kidnapping charge there would be no need to file state murder charges.

I would think the Federal charges would stand above any state charges. The kidnapping charge is federal and a murder charge would be state. If they get the death penalty on the kidnapping charge there would be no need to file state murder charges.
That would be true if they know its the same person. Which would come out in the Federal trial. The charge is kidnapping that results in death... so we will find out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member