Brooke Bennett, 12 yrs. old Randolph, VT #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This must be so hard on Jim and his wife.

I was wondering what you know about the story that Brooke told "family members" she was going with a friend to visit someone in the hospital. Did she tell that to only her uncle (the one that's arrested) or did she tell it to other family members? We've all been wondering if it is a story that the uncle made up.

Also - you may have answered this already, but I was wondering how you are related to Brooke? TIA

What we have been told was that that was the story the uncle gave the police. I am janets cousin. Her mother is my mothers sister. I have been close with Brooke since she was Two years old.

Just listening to Janet's interview tells me a lot about Brooke's dad and step-mom. When she started to choke up, it made me feel so badly for her. This family is hurting badly.

FWIW, the child I knew who was molested, also ran away, rather than telling her mom what had happened. Her five year ordeal of abuse had stopped a few years prior to her running away, however her mom, unknowingly was going to try to make the marriage work. This is what triggered the girl's reaction of running. Fortunately, she was located, she told her mom, and her mom fled with her child.

After watching Brooke, with the uncle, in the convenience store video, it almost looks, to me, that their going in the store, walking out the door, he going one direction, Brooke another, like it was done for the camera.

The uncle didn't even turn to say 'good-bye,' Brooke just bolted the other way. PLUS, Brooke looked protective in her stance at the register behind the uncle. MO, the uncle is the key.

Hope, Brooke is hiding somewhere and will come forward soon.

JMHO
fran

Maybe we should get a Mod to change the spelling on your screenname, Aunt. It could lead to people thinking you are not who you say you are. (hint hint Christine.)

What we have been told was that that was the story the uncle gave the police. I am janets cousin. Her mother is my mothers sister. I have been close with Brooke since she was Two years old.

Yes, and it was the SAME person who gave LE the clothes.

The uncle knows something, IMO. Hope LE gets him to talk.

JMHO
fran

Thanks. So it really sounds like the uncle just made up the story, probably so no one would notice she was missing until long after the fact.

Makes me wonder why we haven't seen or heard of DCF taking custody of every child in their households or them being put into protective custody by LE. Very strange.

Perhaps because they are protecting the identity of the kid's, trying to give them a small amount of privacy and a chance to recover from this.

Yes, and it was the SAME person who gave LE the clothes.

The uncle knows something, IMO. Hope LE gets him to talk.

JMHO
fran

Remind me his charges, or do we know yet? What's he facin'....that will play into whether he will talk or not :bang:

http://www.sentinelsource.com/main.asp?SectionID=31&SubSectionID=37&ArticleID=192728

(snips)
Asked Tuesday at a news conference if the arrests of Jacques and Gagnon are leading police closer to finding Bennett, Col. James Baker, director of the Vermont State Police, said, "I believe they are." He declined to elaborate.
Baker also said a sex charge against Gagnon could be filed later.
"That is still sitting out there," he said.

Tuesday night, FBI agents and members of the Vermont State Police were seen searching near a sugarhouse in the woods about a mile from the Jacques home. Authorities on the scene declined to comment.

Ray Gagnon is no longer listed as an inmate? Is that because they are moving him for the arraignment today?

Remind me his charges, or do we know yet? What's he facin'....that will play into whether he will talk or not :bang:

Right off hand I believe it's sexual abuse charges against someone 'other than' Brooke, AR and he's facing LIFE.

From what I recall from yesterday, it was the uncle who gave up the former step dad.

JMHO
fran

Brooke's aunt,

I was wondering where you are in relation to Jim and Janet. Do you live in the same area? Are you helping with the search? Also - do you know what Brooke's mom told or Janet about the fact that her uncle by marriage is a sex offender?

I'm just wondering, not trying to blame Jim for anything. I'm divorced and have been on both sides of the custody issue - and I know how hard it is when you are not the parent with primary custody to be able to do anything about how the parent who has primary custody parents the child. My ex caught my youngest son several times with drugs and never even took the car keys away from him. He gave him NO consequences for his behavior and unfortunately, my son learned the hard way that bad behavior does have consequences.

Thanks. So it really sounds like the uncle just made up the story, probably so no one would notice she was missing until long after the fact.

That's exactly what happened cricket. She was gone for twelve hours before LE was contacted.

JMHO
fran

PS......wonder if the uncle went to work directly from dropping Brooke off and how long he was there?:confused:

Right off hand I believe it's sexual abuse charges against someone 'other than' Brooke, AR and he's facing LIFE.

From what I recall from yesterday, it was the uncle who gave up the former step dad.

JMHO
fran

I didn't hear that? Where did you? ( not saying you didnt but I missed something). I thought Gagnon was charged because of what they found on that computer and that he destroyed evidence, besides the sex charge that will come after the federal charges.

I reread this and missed something: MJ told AR that if she didnt do these things that they would kill her mother while she was on a business trip? God, I hope Brooke ran!

http://blackpearl.wcax.com/documents/Jacques_affidavit.pdf

When I read that the first time it was really shocking, still is. And the girl is now 14, will turn 15 in October. When you read the things that were said to her, that she believed and went along with (until early June), I go back to what I said earlier, it blows my mind someone of 12, 13, 14 can survive on the streets. Sexually and physically perhaps mature, but not mentally or emotionally. For this girl, that seemed to stop at age 9 when her nightmare really began.

That's exactly what happened cricket. She was gone for twelve hours before LE was contacted.

Yes, and that is a LONG time. She wasn't reported missing until the last possible moment when visiting hours with this fake friend would have been over.

Brooke's aunt,

I was wondering where you are in relation to Jim and Janet. Do you live in the same area? Are you helping with the search? Also - do you know what Brooke's mom told or Janet about the fact that her uncle by marriage is a sex offender?

I'm just wondering, not trying to blame Jim for anything. I'm divorced and have been on both sides of the custody issue - and I know how hard it is when you are not the parent with primary custody to be able to do anything about how the parent who has primary custody parents the child. My ex caught my youngest son several times with drugs and never even took the car keys away from him. He gave him NO consequences for his behavior and unfortunately, my son learned the hard way that bad behavior does have consequences.

I live in Connecticut. I am not involved in the search i have two young children who are close to brooke and do not understand what is going on so for now we are staying put. I dont know however how long i am going to be able to do that.

I didn't hear that? Where did you? ( not saying you didnt but I missed something). I thought Gagnon was charged because of what they found on that computer and that he destroyed evidence, besides the sex charge that will come after the federal charges.

That is correct. The state sex charges are still pending and may come later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485