Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...#2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I, honestly, believe everyone and anyone should be who they choose to be and find happiness. I have an issue with Bruce/Caitlyn doing the interviews, VF spreads, and reality shows. Just as I have an issue with the Kardashians doing the same. But that has nothing to do with him/her being he or she. JMO.

She has a platform, why shouldn't she be allowed to take advantage of that fact to help bring awareness and help others? If she can help save one life, then it is worth it IMO. Let us not forget about Leelah Alcorn and the many like her who committed suicide, Leelah's suicide note was even removed from her Tumblr account, it can be read in the link below.

Suicide note of 17-year-old transgender girl is DELETED from her Tumblr page after her Christian parents demand message blaming them for her death be removed
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Tumblr-page-candlelit-vigils-held-honor.html

CAITLYN JENNER REVEALS HERSELF TO THE WORLD AND WHY IT MATTERS!
https://youtu.be/Tep5rs9y_ik?t=1s

#CallmeCaitlyn Caitlyn Jenner on the cover of Vanity Fair
https://youtu.be/ez71WTp41uM?t=1s

For the most part (not accounting for chromosomal abnormalities) a biological male will never be female and a biological female will never be male. Even with sex reassignment surgery you still retain the chromosomes you were born with.

One of the conversations between Kris and Bruce that struck me when watching part 2 of About Bruce, was his statement that he withheld the truth because he didn't want to hurt her. I so felt for both of them in that moment. And you could see on her face that she was struggling between her own pain and empathizing with the pain he must've been in all those years. Is there anyone here that has never withheld a truth about themselves to someone they loved because they didn't want to hurt their beloved?

Look, I get that Bruce was a crappy dad to his first four children. But that fact is certainly not the privileged domain of MTF Transgenders! In other words, you don't have to be gender dysphoric to be a bad parent, or a bad spouse.

For the most part (not accounting for chromosomal abnormalities) a biological male will never be female and a biological female will never be male. Even with sex reassignment surgery you still retain the chromosomes you were born with.

True as far as it goes, but that doesn't take the complete picture into account IMO.

"Gender dysphoria is a condition where a person experiences discomfort or distress because there is a mismatch between their biological sex and gender identity. Biological sex is assigned at birth, depending on the appearance of the genitals. Gender identity is the gender that a person "identifies" with or feels themselves to be."

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gender-dysphoria/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I, honestly, believe everyone and anyone should be who they choose to be and find happiness. I have an issue with Bruce/Caitlyn doing the interviews, VF spreads, and reality shows. Just as I have an issue with the Kardashians doing the same. But that has nothing to do with him/her being he or she. JMO.

Caitlyn has been a public figure for decades. I don't really know how else this could have been handled, truly. Fake Bruce's death? And then Caitlyn goes off and lives in a cave somewhere for her remaining days so that no one ever knows? I know that's not what you were implying, but your post got me thinking about how under the radar this actually could have been handled.

The Jenner children from the first two wives have voiced love and support for their Dad, regardless of past difficulties. As of the Diane Sawyer interview, they seemed to have forged a very good relationship with Bruce, and plan to continue in that relationship. So I don't believe saying he is a crappy parent is accurate. They all admitted that there was a period where he was absent, but they have reconciled and moved on from that, and they seem to be firmly on her side even if they decline to be on the reality show.

When talking about the Bruce of the past and the Caitlyn of the present, it is challenging to get all the pronouns correct, but Bruce told Diane he wasn't really hung up on that. And he told his kids he will always be "Dad" to them. It can be hard to wrap one's head around the whole thing, that I will admit.

She has a platform, why shouldn't she be allowed to take advantage of that fact to help bring awareness and help others? If she can help save one life, then it is worth it IMO. Let us not forget about Leelah Alcorn and the many like her who committed suicide, Leelah's suicide note was even removed from her Tumblr account, it can be read in the link below.

Suicide note of 17-year-old transgender girl is DELETED from her Tumblr page after her Christian parents demand message blaming them for her death be removed
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Tumblr-page-candlelit-vigils-held-honor.html

CAITLYN JENNER REVEALS HERSELF TO THE WORLD AND WHY IT MATTERS!
https://youtu.be/Tep5rs9y_ik?t=1s

#CallmeCaitlyn Caitlyn Jenner on the cover of Vanity Fair
https://youtu.be/ez71WTp41uM?t=1s

Caitlyn has been a public figure for decades. I don't really know how else this could have been handled, truly. Fake Bruce's death? And then Caitlyn goes off and lives in a cave somewhere for her remaining days so that no one ever knows? I know that's not really what you were implying, but your post got me thinking about how under the radar this actually could have been handled.

My opinion of Bruce has been "tainted" due to his involvement with the media whorish Kardashians. This may be unfair to Caitlyn. It is what it is. She is just as much connected to them and the papparazzi as Bruce was. IMO.

And again, I am happy for her. Hope this is what makes her life happy and complete.

I was listening to the VF author Buzz Bissinger being interviewed on NPR this afternoon, and he was talking about the older Jenner kids not wanting to participate in Caitlyn's docu-series that she's filming. He related that she reluctantly agrees that she wasn't a real great dad to the older kids.

"Caitlyn's son Burt makes no excuses for what Vanity Fair describes as Caitlyn's subpar parenting — a charge she accepts, remorsefully — telling the magazine that he "has high hopes that Caitlyn is a better person than Bruce. I'm very much looking forward to that."" [ETA link: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/enterta...er-vanity-fair-pronouns-parenting-paparazzi/]

And this is a bit of a long read but there's some good stuff on her Olympic fame, growing up [I wasn't aware of the dyslexia], and how she motivated herself as an athlete. http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/06/caitlyn-jenner-photos-interview-buzz-bissinger

Caitlyn Jenner Reveals the "Mistakes" She Made During Her Marriages to Kris Jenner and Linda Thompson

<snipped>

After welcoming two children and experiencing four years of marriage, Caitlyn finally told Linda about her gender dysphoria.
"The gender issues were big at that time," Caitlyn recalled in the new issue out June 9. "I had ignored them for so long, but I was aging." She ultimately started going on hormones, had her beard removed and had plastic surgery on her nose.

"I thought my pain doesn't compare to the pain that he's in," Linda told the publication after realizing the circumstances. "At least I'm comfortable living in my own body." The couple ultimately divorced in 1986 before Caitlyn stopped her transition four years later.

<snipped>

"When I met Bruce, he told me that he had done hormones back in the early ‘80s. This was a conversation that took place in the early ‘90s," Kris explained. "So, what he was telling me happened a decade earlier, and he never really explained it…Nobody mentioned a gender issue."

Looking back, the self-proclaimed momager wishes her ex would have explained her gender dysphoria before they were divorced. "It was the most passive-aggressive thing I think I've ever experienced," Kris told the publication.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/shows/kardas...r-marriages-to-kris-jenner-and-linda-thompson

Caitlyn Jenner on Not Undergoing Genital Surgery: ''If You Have a List of 10 Reasons to Transition, Sex Would Be Number 10''

<snipped>

In addition to undergoing facial surgery, Jenner also got breasts. However, there's still one major procedure Jenner has yet to have done: genital surgery.
"If you have a list of 10 reasons to transition, sex would be number 10," Jenner tells the mag adding that she has no immediate plans to have the procedure done.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/662060/...-reasons-to-transition-sex-would-be-number-10

Caitlyn Jenner Reveals the "Mistakes" She Made During Her Marriages to Kris Jenner and Linda Thompson

<snipped>

After welcoming two children and experiencing four years of marriage, Caitlyn finally told Linda about her gender dysphoria.
"The gender issues were big at that time," Caitlyn recalled in the new issue out June 9. "I had ignored them for so long, but I was aging." She ultimately started going on hormones, had her beard removed and had plastic surgery on her nose.

"I thought my pain doesn't compare to the pain that he's in," Linda told the publication after realizing the circumstances. "At least I'm comfortable living in my own body." The couple ultimately divorced in 1986 before Caitlyn stopped her transition four years later.

<snipped>

"When I met Bruce, he told me that he had done hormones back in the early ‘80s. This was a conversation that took place in the early ‘90s," Kris explained. "So, what he was telling me happened a decade earlier, and he never really explained it…Nobody mentioned a gender issue."

Looking back, the self-proclaimed momager wishes her ex would have explained her gender dysphoria before they were divorced. "It was the most passive-aggressive thing I think I've ever experienced," Kris told the publication.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/shows/kardas...r-marriages-to-kris-jenner-and-linda-thompson

And there you have it - HIS upbringing and all his life experiences have nothing to do with the new and improved "Caitlyn" who is gathering all his past relationships around him - and they think this will last? A leopard does not change HIS spots. I am sorry, but I am not buying what he is selling. On the Diane Sawyer interview his sister said she had not seen him in years. This guy got plastic surgery and female hormones and suddenly he has a new personality!! He always wanted to be in the spot light and the Kardashians totally pushed him out of the picture, so now he showed them!! Sadly, I will always think of Bruce Jenner as an Olympic Gold Winner who had more chances in life than most of us will ever get, 3 loving wives, 3 sets of children, plenty of money, television career, proudly representing the USA at the Olympics and it just wasn't enough for him. His case is probably very different than most transgender cases, don't you think?

What the hell, am i seriously reading that Jenner is to be given the Arthur Ashe award for courage, seriously i would be embarrassed to be american over that, what a joke.

Well I think that people who transition in the public eye probably have to be quite brave, knowing how much vitriol they'll have to face.

Mentality of the world

65 year old ordinary guy who lives down the street becomes a woman- weirdo.

65 year old Celebrity guy becomes a woman - bravery award winner.

Mentality of the world

Ordinary guy down the street - you don't know them you don't talk to them so yeah you think hummmm.

Celebrity guy- you watch news, paparazzi stalk, you see pictures of him crying in the car, you hear in his own words the struggle over the 65 years. <-----This helps you understand ordinary guy down the street and next time you see her you wave and smile because you never know what struggles they endured. In fact you start smiling and waving at a lot more people because you realize that hey everybody is just like me they want love and acceptance.

At least thats how I look at it:).

Mentality of the world

correction: Mentality of YOUR world

Not mine

thanks for not speaking for me

Mentality of the world

I think the people who think he's a weirdo are a big part of the reason why both the ordinary guy and the celebrity guy need a lot of courage to transition.

correction: Mentality of YOUR world

Not mine

thanks for not speaking for me

Well firstly i didn't say a single word for you.

Secondly, no that is not the mentality of my world.

For the record i think what "Bruce" has done is a disgrace, once you have fathered children it is to late to suddenly decide to become a woman, there's nothing brave about the man, i feel for his kids and near family for the embarrassment and hurt he has caused them, whatever they say on the outside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin
Back