Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her husband? He is dead. I am pretty sure dead people can't insure cars.

How long has he been dead? Do we know?
If he just died recently it may still be insured in his name.
You can buy a year of insurance at a time.
It can also apply to anyone who drives the car. :twocents:

Because in some states you insure the car not the driver.
Was the car in her name?

In California you can not insure the car if the driver is unlicensed. You can not register the car if the owner is unlicensed. If the car belonged to someone else, even if the car were insured, it would not be covered by insurance if the driver was unlicensed.

How long has he been dead? Do we know?
If he just died recently it may still be insured in his name.
You can buy a year of insurance at a time.
It can also apply to anyone who drives the car. :twocents:

The insurance does not apply if an unlicensed driver is driving it.

I don't text when i drive. But sometimes I do have google maps or the traffic app WAZE up on my cell screen when I am in gridlock. I drive the Pacific Coast highway a few times a week. I always use WAZE because if it is closed due to an accident or a rockslide, you are screwed. You can be stranded for hours unless you find it in time to cut back over the canyons. I wonder if the victim might have had a map or a traffic app on her cell at the time?
Suggestion: get an in-dash or dash mounted GPS. We got one installed when I wanted a back-up camera installed. My GPS also has Bluetooth, so I have all 3 on my dashboard: GPS, Bluetooth, and Backup Camera as well as stereo/CD player.

I think the roads were wet. It might not have been raining at the moment of the accident, but I believe it was raining all morning on the coast. I am just 8 miles inland, and it was raining for hours already. And I think it was a coastal storm that morning. So I think the roads were slick. JMO

ETA: I just read further along and apparently there were some skid marks...
BBM. That's what I had been wondering because we had a major storm up here in the Bay Area at the time.

In California you can not insure the car if the driver is unlicensed. You can not register the car if the owner is unlicensed. If the car belonged to someone else, even if the car were insured, it would not be covered by insurance if the driver was unlicensed.
That is not necessarily true. There are different things that come into play.
While the driver is usually met with large consequences I am not sure that the insurance is automatically voided because the CAR is covered.

Who Is Covered When Driving Your Car?
http://www.dmv.org/insurance/when-another-driver-has-an-accident-in-your-car.php

When Could You Be Liable?
As stated above, if a driver that’s been excluded from your policy takes your car and causes an accident, you can be held liable.

Also, you can sued for damages if:

You let an intoxicated/impaired driver operate your vehicle.
You allow an unlicensed driver to take your vehicle on the road.

Here is the same thing from US msm.

"According to the DMV, Howe had not had a valid driver’s license since 2007, when it expired. Jenner, who rear-ended Howe’s vehicle, has a valid license, the DMV said."

She had no valid license since 2007, when it expired. Did she have any insurance? If she didn't have a license, how could she have had insurance?
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-bruce-jenner-texting-fatal-crash-20150209-story.html
Sounds like this woman had no business driving. I got my former neighbor arrested for driving on a suspended license, which I knew about because I had reported him for erratic driving for that!

That is not necessarily true. There are different things that come into play.
While the driver is usually met with large consequences I am not sure that the insurance is automatically voided because the CAR is covered.

No, the car is not covered if the driver is unlicensed. At least, in Calif that is the case.

ETA: the car is covered, EXCEPT under a few conditions. If you allow a drunk driver or an unlicensed driver, to take your car, the ins will not cover it.

Sounds like this woman had no business driving. I got my former neighbor arrested for driving on a suspended license, which I knew about because I had reported him for erratic driving for that!

You called the police on your neighbor for that? Interesting.

We haven't heard the car WAS insured. Maybe it was not.
If she was okay driving without a DL for EIGHT years... insurance likely wasn't a huge concern either. :twocents:

A child's, Her husband?

A friend, A business. Many people.

She was a widow, her husband is dead. She had no children.

I don't know what friend is going to insure a car for someone who has no valid license. That insurance wouldn't be valid anyway.

We haven't heard the car WAS insured. Maybe it was not.
If she was okay driving without a DL for EIGHT years... insurance likely wasn't a huge concern either. :twocents:

I would be surprised. The cops here stop anyone/everyone with out registration stickers. You cannot register a car w/out proof of insurance. Cannot get ins w/out valid license.

I think the car was registered by a family member. Maybe she borrowed it? I am not sure why she did not just renew her license. She lived in a multimillion dollar home in a very wealthy gated community. Why not drive 'legally'?

She was a widow, her husband is dead. She had no children.

I don't know what friend is going to insure a car for someone who has no valid license. That insurance wouldn't be valid anyway.

It could be her business or company. Someone was insuring this car and registering it.

Has anyone said the car was in HER name?
I was suggesting that perhaps the car was not even hers. :twocents:

How do you know the car had any insurance?

Because it had plates and registration. To have those things you need proof of insurance. There is a chance that it was not current but someone had to prove it was insured to have those things on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces