Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would not matter. We have bought cars in other states and taken them back home to our state and had them registered there and had our state tags.

Cali is greedy about their taxes. You cannot drive an out of state car indefinitely here. But if she had AZ plates and AZ license and a residence there, she would have been fine. I am curious to see if she had a valid license in AZ.

From what I can see the license plate on the Lexus looks to be from California.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/vr/insurance_suspension

•As of January 1, 2006, all insurance companies are required to report insurance status information to DMV for all private use vehicles (CVC §16058).
•As of July 1, 2006, law enforcement and court personnel have access to DMV records to verify that your California registered vehicle is currently insured (CVC §16058.1).
•Effective October 1, 2006, your vehicle registration is subject to suspension if the liability insurance is cancelled, OR if your insurance company has not electronically provided evidence of insurance when you purchase and register your vehicle, OR if you provide DMV with false insurance information (CVC §4000.38).

How horrifying this must have been for her. No matter what she didn't deserve to die. I am wondering if the Hummer was speeding?? They really pushed her far down the road.

A Hummer would push a Lexus at any speed in a head on collision IMO.
Does anybody know what the speed limit on that part of the highway is?

ETA: I don't really see from the pictures that the Lexus was pushed far down the road.

A Hummer would push a Lexus at any speed in a head on collision IMO.
Does anybody know what the speed limit on that part of the highway is?

Pretty sure it is 55 mph. Although some portions are 45 mph, where there are more businesses and traffic lights. But this portion is North of the business section of Malibu, so I think it was probably 55 mph.

Pretty sure it is 55 mph. Although some portions are 45 mph, where there are more businesses and traffic lights. But this portion is North of the business section of Malibu, so I think it was probably 55 mph.

Ok. Thank you. I don't think that Hummer even saw her coming. IMO the Hummer could have been going 35 mph and the driver wouldn't have been able to miss her when she was pushed into his lane.
I bet she pretty much came out of nowhere, in his lane.

IMO the driver of the Hummer shares 0% liability in this.
And I think he/she is the only driver that does.

JMO

I have not found anything saying she lived in Az. I have seen that she lived in Calabasas, and owned a few Malibu properties. I have not seen any thing that said she lived out of state. jmo

I have not found anything saying she lived in Az. I have seen that she lived in Calabasas, and owned a few Malibu properties. I have not seen any thing that said she lived out of state. jmo

Neither have I. The only thing I found is that she would go visit friends in AZ. But she lived in CA.

How do we know she lived in AZ? She lived in CA as far as I can tell.

If I owned a $4 million dollar home in Calabasas, and three properties on the ocean in Malibu, there would be no way I would be living in Phoenix. LOL

Looks like there is a 2015 registration sticker on the license plate. They are yellow this year in California. Definitely California plates, I can see the cursive red California.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/bruce-jenner-involved-fatal-four-vehicle-crash-gallery-1.2107383?pmSlide=1.2107375

Someone had to show the DMV a valid license and some insurance. Wonder who the car was registered to? She could not have registered a car in Cali without a valid Cali license. She could not have registered a car in Cali with an AZ drivers license either.

Looks like there is a 2015 registration sticker on the license plate. They are yellow this year in California. Definitely California plates, I can see the cursive red California.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/bruce-jenner-involved-fatal-four-vehicle-crash-gallery-1.2107383?pmSlide=1.2107375

So how could the car be registered if her license expired in 2007? If somebody gave her this car to drive, they could be on the hook, because their insurance won't cover unlicensed driver even if the car has insurance.

If I owned a $4 million dollar home in Calabasas, and three properties on the ocean in Malibu, there would be no way I would be living in Phoenix. LOL
Me too, but then I'm a lifelong Californian and hate the desert, just sayin'...

Just checked, they recycle the registration sticker colors every 5 years. Could it be orange? They were orange in 2008 and 2013.
http://www.andrewturnbull.net/plates/sticker.html

She would've been ticketed for having a registration sticker older than 2014. It'd stick out like a sore thumb, but I couldn't tell from that photograph. The only thing I could tell was that the rear plate appeared to be white background with blue lettering, which would be a California plate.

I found an AZ address for her. House bought in 1993, does not appear to have been sold since.

i couldn't see the sticker but 2015 is more like golden orange yellow than yellow.

Tags for 2015 are yellow not orange but one could argue "golden". DH just got tags in January. Tags for 2016 are dark red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces