Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You called the police on your neighbor for that? Interesting.

I have called police on erratic drivers before. I had an elderly neighbor, a lovely man, that used to drive like a maniac. He almost ran over my kids one day when they were on the sidewalk, as he jumped the curb trying to turn into the cul de sac. I called the police immediately. I was doing him a favor. :cop:

Because it had plates and registration. To have those things you need proof of insurance. There is a chance that it was not current but someone had to prove it was insured to have those things on the car.

But if she has not had a license since 07 then it was not registered by her.

What year was the Lexus?

I think her husband died in 2003.

But if she has not had a license since 07 then it was not registered by her.

Yes but it had to be registered to someone. Or nothing would be up to date and she would have been pulled over and stopped from driving at some point in the last 7 years. Someone had this car registered and insured.

I have called police on erratic drivers before. I had an elderly neighbor, a lovely man, that used to drive like a maniac. He almost ran over my kids one day when they were on the sidewalk, as he jumped the curb trying to turn into the cul de sac. I called the police immediately. I was doing him a favor. :cop:

That is different to me than reporting someone's paperwork.. But to each their own.

Maybe her plates were expired? Anyways, sounds like she has deep pockets so her estate will be sued if she has no insurance. Hopefully she has a big umbrella policy and it covers her if she is driving uninsured and without a license. Otherwise her estate will probably take a big hit.

Maybe her plates were expired? Anyways, sounds like she has deep pockets so her estate will be sued if she has no insurance. Hopefully she has a big umbrella policy and it covers her if she is driving uninsured and without a license. Otherwise her estate will probably take a big hit.

But the odds of her not being caught in 8 years???
Someone was taking care of this for her.

If this is true. It just kind of seems implausible.

I would be surprised. The cops here stop anyone/everyone with out registration stickers. You cannot register a car w/out proof of insurance. Cannot get ins w/out valid license.

I think the car was registered by a family member. Maybe she borrowed it? I am not sure why she did not just renew her license. She lived in a multimillion dollar home in a very wealthy gated community. Why not drive 'legally'?
Because some people think they are above the law, or perhaps it got taken away from her, like DUI's??? I'll be very interested as to what DMV information turns up about this woman. I'm now thinking she was alot more at fault than Bruce J. I still think the Prius driver is at fault for coming to a dead stop on PCH while not at a signal.

Because some people think they are above the law, or perhaps it got taken away from her, like DUI's??? I'll be very interested as to what DMV information turns up about this woman. I'm now thinking she was alot more at fault than Bruce J. I still think the Prius driver is at fault for coming to a dead stop on PCH while not at a signal.

He hit her and put her into traffic and she was struck and killed. She did not put herself in the line of fire as far as I can see it was the Prius who caused this accident.

No, the car is not covered if the driver is unlicensed. At least, in Calif that is the case.

ETA: the car is covered, EXCEPT under a few conditions. If you allow a drunk driver or an unlicensed driver, to take your car, the ins will not cover it.
Okay, well we know she was unlicensed, so even if she was somehow insured, it shouldn't be covered.

She is from Arizona. I bet she had cars at both places--surely she did not drive all the way from AZ to CA

It might be one of those 'perfect storm' situations where everyone makes a stupid mistake and it is amplified into a horrible outcome.

She is from Arizona. I bet she had cars at both places--surely she did not drive all the way from AZ to CA

So Possibly she had a valid AZ license??? Maybe that is why she did not have one in CA?

Why not? It's not a horrendous drive from LA. I think 6-8 hours, IIRC. We used to do it every Christmas Eve, drive from LA to Phoenix to see our cousins and the only song on the radio was Little Drummer Boy, UGHHHH! Californians think nothing of drives that long. I routinely drive it from the Bay Area to LA & back, and it's about equally as far to drive to Portland, which we do occasionally do.

But the odds of her not being caught in 8 years???
Someone was taking care of this for her.

If this is true. It just kind of seems implausible.

Someone had to be because it was a pretty new car. Before it was driven off the lot someone had to have a valid license and proof of insurance.

It might be one of those 'perfect storm' situations where everyone makes a stupid mistake and it is amplified into a horrible outcome.

That's what it's appearing to be developing to me too.

Someone had to be because it was a pretty new car. Before it was driven off the lot someone had to have a valid license and proof of insurance.

But now we know she lived in AZ also she could have had a license there.

Or someone might have been enabling this woman. My grandmother had Alzheimer's and shouldn't have been driving, yet my aunt would coach her so that my grandmother could pass the written test.

Were the plates on her car from AZ?

That would not matter. We have bought cars in other states and taken them back home to our state and had them registered there and had our state tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces