Bruce Jenner Becoming a Woman and more...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2015 California sticker is YELLOW. I know because I just recently covered it up with the 2016 sticker which, not having it right in front of me at the moment, I think is a blue color.

Most of the time in California you can renew your auto registration online and under most circumstances it does not require one to show an ID of any kind. If you register a car from a different state, that's a whole different thing.

When you purchase your auto insurance your insurance company provides you with a document titled 'Proof of Insurance' which you are supposed to carry in the car. In my case, the insurance is renewed every six months and has been that way for years.

The 2015 California sticker is YELLOW. I know because I just recently covered it up with the 2016 sticker which, not having it right in front of me at the moment, I think is a blue color.

Most of the time in California you can renew your auto registration online and under most circumstances it does not require one to show an ID of any kind. If you register a car from a different state, that's a whole different thing.

When you purchase your auto insurance your insurance company provides you with a document titled 'Proof of Insurance' which you are supposed to carry in the car. In my case, the insurance is renewed every six months and has been that way for years.

No, 2016 is red, just checked.

No, 2016 is red, just checked.
It is??? Holy smokes, this will require a trip to the car to see.

Edit to add:
Well, I probably should have checked before I said it was blue because the 2016 sticker is actually a very pretty red color and the sticker underneath it from 2015 is yellow as previously stated.

I don't see where if she was driving with a license or not has any bearing on if she was responsible for the accident. It is irrelevant IMO.

BJ rear ended her vehicle, pushing her into an oncoming lane where she was hit head on by another vehicle resulting in her death.

Honestly, at this point the only infractions I can see her responsible for is following too close to the Prius to stop in order to avoid an accident and rear ending the Prius and driving without a license (if she doesn't have license). BJ was driving a very heavy SUV and towing a trailer. This combination is very difficult to stop and he should have taken the precaution to allow extra space between his vehicle and the vehicle ahead of him.

Unfortunately this deceased woman can not give her story to LE. I do not know if the Prius was totally stopped or just traveling at a slower speed when hit by the Lexus. Since there is little visible evidence to the front-end of the Lexus then I suspect the Prius wasn't totally stopped at the moment of impact. It has been stated that roads were slick, this as well could make stopping even more difficult for the Lexus as well as the SUV. I think it is very plausible that BJ could have hit the Lexus and pushed it into the rear of the Prius. If the right side of the rear was hit by BJ's SUV as reported then impact could have sent the front end of the Lexus into the oncoming left hand lane, directly into the path of the Hummer.

Years ago I was driving an MG midget and was stopped behind a car stopped to wait to turn left. A car hit the back of my tiny car and knocked it under the car in front of me. If I had not been completely stopped I would have also received a citation according to LE.

This is just my take on this accident and my opinion only.

I saw/heard late last night that she had homes in CA and AZ and she had a place on the beach with a mold problem. I will see if I can find it.

So, the Lexus did steer slightly left after hitting the Prius. Although it has been said here that the wheels were straight, they were not. That's why it was pushed to the left when Bruce hit it... Perfect example of why we can't look at a few photos and know what happened. This investigation will take a while.

And now we know the approximate speed of the Hummer. 50. Not speeding.
"Brooks" in the snippet below is Sgt. Philip Brooks of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-82764527/

The Lexus, Brooks said, steered slightly left. The momentum from the impact and the direction of the tires sent the car into the path of a Hummer that was headed south on PCH at 50 mph.

I don't see where if she was driving with a license or not has any bearing on if she was responsible for the accident. It is irrelevant IMO.

BJ rear ended her vehicle, pushing her into an oncoming lane where she was hit head on by another vehicle resulting in her death.

Honestly, at this point the only infractions I can see her responsible for is following too close to the Prius to stop in order to avoid an accident and rear ending the Prius and driving without a license (if she doesn't have license). BJ was driving a very heavy SUV and towing a trailer. This combination is very difficult to stop and he should have taken the precaution to allow extra space between his vehicle and the vehicle ahead of him.

Unfortunately this deceased woman can not give her story to LE. I do not know if the Prius was totally stopped or just traveling at a slower speed when hit by the Lexus. Since there is little visible evidence to the front-end of the Lexus then I suspect the Prius wasn't totally stopped at the moment of impact. It has been stated that roads were slick, this as well could make stopping even more difficult for the Lexus as well as the SUV. I think it is very plausible that BJ could have hit the Lexus and pushed it into the rear of the Prius. If the right side of the rear was hit by BJ's SUV as reported then impact could have sent the front end of the Lexus into the oncoming left hand lane, directly into the path of the Hummer.

Years ago I was driving an MG midget and was stopped behind a car stopped to wait to turn left. A car hit the back of my tiny car and knocked it under the car in front of me. If I had not been completely stopped I would have also received a citation according to LE.

This is just my take on this accident and my opinion only.

No. The Lexus hit the Prius first. Many links have been provided that quote LE.

Here is just one. There are many others ...

Authorities say the crash happened when a Lexus slammed into a Prius that had stopped on PCH near Corral Canyon Road in Malibu.

"Why it was stopped has yet to be determined," Brooks said. "If the light ahead was red and traffic backed up, then it's hard to believe the Hummer would have come at a substantial speed, as it did.”

No. The Lexus hit the Prius first. Many links have been provided that quote LE.

Here is just one. There are many others ...

Authorities say the crash happened when a Lexus slammed into a Prius that had stopped on PCH near Corral Canyon Road in Malibu.

"Why it was stopped has yet to be determined," Brooks said. "If the light ahead was red and traffic backed up, then it's hard to believe the Hummer would have come at a substantial speed, as it did.”

OK, so she hit the Prius first. It doesn't change anything. The Lexus was still hit by BJ's SUV because, like her, he couldn't stop in time. The impact from BJ's SUV towing a trailer was what sent the Lexus into the oncoming lane.

It will be interesting as to why the Prius came to such a sudden stop that far from the light.

OK, so she hit the Prius first. It doesn't change anything. The Lexus was still hit by BJ's SUV because, like her, he couldn't stop in time. The impact from BJ's SUV towing a trailer was what sent the Lexus into the oncoming lane.

It will be interesting as to why the Prius came to such a sudden stop that far from the light.

Agreed.
Kim and Bruce both rear ended the car in front of them.
And we now know her wheels were turned slightly to the left. So the impact pushed her car to the left.

Sad for all involved.

I think LE (from what I've read) is pretty sure the Prius stopped suddenly trying to make an illegal u-turn.

Agreed.
And we now know her wheels were turned slightly to the left. So the impact pushed her car to the left.

Sad for all involved.

I think LE (from what I've read) is pretty sure the Prius stopped suddenly trying to make an illegal u-turn.

It sounded to me like LE was saying the Lexus steered left when it was hit by BJ

It sounded to me like LE was saying the Lexus steered left when it was hit by BJ

It says the momentum of the impact and the direction of the tires...

To me, that means the direction at impact.

I guess it wouldn't matter when. The tires were turned to the left.
IMO neither impact would have turned the tires. They would have had to be steered that way.

JMO

Agreed.

Sad for all involved.

Very tragic. an illegal u-turn...............FGS.

She bears responsibility for hitting the Prius, and she had no business driving to begin with, without a valid license. Not trying to bash the dead, but the victim isn't blameless here.

She bears responsibility for hitting the Prius, and she had no business driving to begin with, without a valid license. Not trying to bash the dead, but the victim isn't blameless here.
It isn't known if she had an AZ license yet.

It isn't known if she had an AZ license yet.
That will only cover her for short period of time if she had just moved. She clearly is a California resident-4 properties and hasn't had a valid Caifornia license in 8 years. I'd like to know why. I tend to think it was taken away for some reason rather than just her not renewing it. She could have had it taken away due to DUI's, head injury, Alzheimer's, any number of reasons. In the case of my neighbor, he was a paranoid schizophrenic who used drugs and terrorized the neighborhood in his huge 4x4 pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces