BSL - More Victims????

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not yet convinced that he has a string of victims; for one, it would depend what his "trigger" is, if he has one. Maybe he reacts to some event in life that prompts him to "hunt" and kill. Also, he has not had a spectacular record in getting away with the three crimes for which he has been charged since 1999; he was immediately identified in the first one, immediately a suspect in the second one, and made myriad mistakes in Mickey's case, allowing himself to be ID'd by the public as a possible suspect. I just don't think he is that bright.

But I am willing to keep an open mind.

As far as cases such as Ali Lowitzer in Texas, for instance; he would have had to be just at the spot between her bus and her house that day in 2010, in broad daylight, and somehow, very quickly, either taken her or convinced her to get in voluntarily. Her abduction occurred just a short time after he went off supervised parole, or whatever it was he was on. It seems unlikely that he would be on the spot in that particular case. Not ruling it out entirely, but he would have had to have an immense amount of "luck", IMO.

Just want to give a shout-out to my fellow WS sleuthers. We just made the local news here in Houston. One of the local stations did a segment on possible connections between Mickey's and Ali Lowitzer's disappearances. (didn't realize there was a DWT in that case, also)

Anyway, they went on to say that a PI was following tips that had been generated on an internet website, and they showed a screenshot from WS. (it was the actual post from the PI with the Shrek avatar)

Just wanted to let all you dedicated sleuthers know that what you're all doing here really does matter. Woot!!

jennapuppy just posted on the New Developments thread regarding this.

http://m.click2houston.com/wap/news...ith=1&title=Top+Stories&headtitle=Top+Stories

New leads possible in case of missing Spring teen

Searches, tips and leads have never provided concrete evidence as to what happened to Lowitzer. But a source close to the investigation said one of the early tips in the case put a white pick-up truck in the area.

I'm not yet convinced that he has a string of victims; for one, it would depend what his "trigger" is, if he has one. Maybe he reacts to some event in life that prompts him to "hunt" and kill. Also, he has not had a spectacular record in getting away with the three crimes for which he has been charged since 1999; he was immediately identified in the first one, immediately a suspect in the second one, and made myriad mistakes in Mickey's case, allowing himself to be ID'd by the public as a possible suspect. I just don't think he is that bright.

But I am willing to keep an open mind.

As far as cases such as Ali Lowitzer in Texas, for instance; he would have had to be just at the spot between her bus and her house that day in 2010, in broad daylight, and somehow, very quickly, either taken her or convinced her to get in voluntarily. Her abduction occurred just a short time after he went off supervised parole, or whatever it was he was on. It seems unlikely that he would be on the spot in that particular case. Not ruling it out entirely, but he would have had to have an immense amount of "luck", IMO.

No less likely than any other random crime of opportunity. Had he been stalking Mickey? For that matter, he might have stalked Ali or Samantha. Ali did make it home from school the day she went missing, and then texted her mother to say she was going to walk to the Burger Barn to pick up her pay. Maybe BSL spotted Ali at the Burger Barn a couple of days earlier and lurked in the parking lot until she finished her shift, then followed to see where she lived. Maybe he made small talk with her at the BB, and seemed like a nice guy, so when she saw him again her guard was down. Maybe he enlisted her help in some way, a la Bundy, and being a nice kid -- and 16 years old -- she knew she shouldn't but took a chance, anyway. I could go on all night listing possible scenarios based on facts from other cases. It wouldn't be the first time a perp newly released from probation re-offended. :moo:
Lowitzer said on the Monday Ali went missing, she went to school, just like any other day, came home on the bus, then texted her mother to say she was going to walk over to the Burger Barn where she was working on a cash basis to pick up her pay and see if she might work that evening.

http://www.ultimatespringtx.com/stories/335830-events-father-is-steadfast-for-missing-daughter

jennapuppy just posted on the New Developments thread regarding this.

http://m.click2houston.com/wap/news...ith=1&title=Top+Stories&headtitle=Top+Stories

New leads possible in case of missing Spring teen

Searches, tips and leads have never provided concrete evidence as to what happened to Lowitzer. But a source close to the investigation said one of the early tips in the case put a white pick-up truck in the area.
I can't believe I was typing my post when you posted this.

No less likely than any other random crime of opportunity. Had he been stalking Mickey? For that matter, he might have stalked Ali or Samantha. Ali did make it home from school the day she went missing, and then texted her mother to say she was going to walk to the Burger Barn to pick up her pay. Maybe BSL spotted Ali at the Burger Barn a couple of days earlier and lurked in the parking lot until she finished her shift, then followed to see where she lived. Maybe he made small talk with her at the BB, and seemed like a nice guy, so when she saw him again her guard was down. Maybe he enlisted her help in some way, a la Bundy, and being a nice kid -- and 16 years old -- she knew she shouldn't but took a chance, anyway. I could go on all night listing possible scenarios based on facts from other cases. It wouldn't be the first time a perp newly released from probation re-offended. :moo:

Lowitzer said on the Monday Ali went missing, she went to school, just like any other day, came home on the bus, then texted her mother to say she was going to walk over to the Burger Barn where she was working on a cash basis to pick up her pay and see if she might work that evening.
http://www.ultimatespringtx.com/stories/335830-events-father-is-steadfast-for-missing-daughter

All true, but first he has to be placed in Spring on that day. Really, without knowing his schedule and whereabouts, I don't know where one goes from here. I imagine LE is constructing his history as best they can.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, I haven't had time to go back through all of the threads. I was talking with a court counselor that I am friends with, asking her about the release of a sex offender. She informed me that the "norm" would be as follows: If you serve your entire sentence you are released directly from prison, however if you are released early, you would normally go to a half way house or a 3/4 house prior to release. Did he go to one of these? If so, would his release date be the date released from one of these homes or the date released from the actual jail?

The man that molested my daughter in LA (and plead guilty) was only given 6 mths of jail time. He was out after a couple of months. He didn't get sentenced to any half way house. He did get *sentenced* to some therapy and he has to register.....(which is a joke and outdated) Oh yeah, his jail time was just a detention center.

You know, something's been bothering me. Perhaps it's been mentioned, but there's so many darn threads.

The vehicle list that ACI posted had two GMC Sierras. I'm very concerned with the time frame with those registrations.

EDIT: Found it.

Automobile knowledge, coming soon!

After a preliminary glance and sorry for this.

MS was the 2009 and 2011 Silverados. 2011 was registered on 10/28/11 and the 2009 was on 6/13/2012.

Similarities?

Well, I would say the two Sierras, but I'd be wrong. Why? Two different body styles.

I think the Equator was a replacement for the 2008 Sierra (Reg. date 10/31/08) and a trade for the 2005 Sierra. (Equator reg. date 5/28/09 and Sierra is 12/17/09). For this reason, I want to find out what happened to that 2008 Sierra.

As for the older cars, my gut tells me that he was fixing and selling these. Wasn't the Stealth found on his property? I thought I saw the Galant too. Can someone find me the link to his property when the police were there and non-police (his) vehicles were shown?

I started up my google earth and made a map of key locations to include two other missing girls, just in case they turn out to be true and if anyone wanted to add to it but I do not know how to get it in regular google map so I can link it. right now I only have the google earth KML or whatever file. Can anyone help me figure this out?

After a preliminary glance and sorry for this.

MS was the 2009 and 2011 Silverados. 2011 was registered on 10/28/11 and the 2009 was on 6/13/2012.

Similarities?

Well, I would say the two Sierras, but I'd be wrong. Why? Two different body styles.

I think the Equator was a replacement for the 2008 Sierra (Reg. date 10/31/08) and a trade for the 2005 Sierra. (Equator reg. date 5/28/09 and Sierra is 12/17/09). For this reason, I want to find out what happened to that 2008 Sierra.

As for the older cars, my gut tells me that he was fixing and selling these. Wasn't the Stealth found on his property? I thought I saw the Galant too. Can someone find me the link to his property when the police were there and non-police (his) vehicles were shown?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178516&page=63 post 1566
and http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180088&page=41 post 1009

Photos of vehicles in BSL's yard.

Clicking on the post number will open the post in a different window and therefore you can copy that link that will take the person to the post in question:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8147590&postcount=1566"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #35[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8217164&postcount=1009"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40[/ame]

I believe the silver car is a Chevy Cobalt.

And I think the white vehicle in the back (with the red Stealth) is either a Chevy S10 or a Chevy Blazer.

This guy loves GM, eh?

I believe the silver car is a Chevy Cobalt.

And I think the white vehicle in the back (with the red Stealth) is either a Chevy S10 or a Chevy Blazer.

This guy loves GM, eh?
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8204504&postcount=338"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #40[/ame]
ACI's list of BSL's vehicles:
Here's the list. This is everything that's ever been in his name. I had to remove all the private information of course (plates, vins, social etc)

Description: 2009 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 6/13/2012

Description: 1991 Dodge Stealth - Hatchback 2 Door
Registration Date: 1/6/2012

Description: White 2011 Chevrolet Silverado - Crew Pickup
Earliest Registration Date: 10/28/2011

Description: 1999 Mitsubishi Galant - Sedan 4 Door
Registration Date: 8/22/2011

Description: 2005 GMC Sierra - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Registration Date: 12/17/09

Description: White 2009 Suzuki Equator - 4 Door EXT Cab PK
Title Issue Date: 5/28/2009