BSL - More Victims????

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I also want to say that from the info we have, bsl showed signs of learning from his past crime, being prepared with knowledge of dump sites and tools to commit and hide crimes. He showed signs of intelligence and of stupidity, signs of desperation and of planning.
If he has done this in the past I think something he had not planned on happened with Mickey. Perhaps this caused him to make mistakes he did not in the past.

There appears to be a good chance he did it in the past with Lisa and got away with it for over a decade. I would love to know what they have on him for Lisa's case. Apparently several things did happen that were different from his plans: He got severely injured; The case received massive local media attention; His vehicle was caught on video
Because he needed medical attention, BSL's cover-up story of the mugging was hasty and not well thought out. He didn't have time to review it & perfect it, just relied on his natural ability to lie convincingly.

His charge of rape is much different than a murder charge.

I'm aware he spent time in prison.
You said what i said gave a faulty premise for anything that followed my statement, but that's not true. If it was, then his prison time for rape would be irrelevant, because he spent no time in prison for murder.

You're saying he's doing a lot wrong, if he got put behind bars for his rape charge. But forgetting that he has gone this amount of time with no murder charge, while he was immediately convicted on rape.

He wasn't able to cover up a 1999 rape, but was able to get by a 1999 murder charge. Totally different things, and obviously he has more knowledge on how to cover one rather than the other. Wanting to not be put into prison again could be why he turned one fascination (Rape) into another (Murder).

So I fail to see how what i stated was a faulty premise for anything I wrote after that.

So I fail to see how what i stated was a faulty premise for anything I wrote after that.

Oh, sorry, I meant it for this limited premise ('he hasn't been put behind bars') and conclusion ('so he's not an idiot').

There appears to be a good chance he did it in the past with Lisa and got away with it for over a decade. I would love to know what they have on him for Lisa's case. Apparently several things did happen that were different from his plans: He got severely injured; The case received massive local media attention; His vehicle was caught on video
Because he needed medical attention, BSL's cover-up story of the mugging was hasty and not well thought out. He didn't have time to review it & perfect it, just relied on his natural ability to lie convincingly.

I think that he murdered Lisa after being arrested for aggravated oral assault but before going to jail for it. That makes me think he "learned" from the crime for which he was arrested. So, he looked for a victim he did not have a connection to, someone who lived alone and no one would miss right away and to kill the next time so there was no witness. Also, the timing of Lisa's murder makes me think he had a strong compulsion to do this. He was about to go to jail, local le were aware of him yet he took Lisa.

Oh, sorry, I meant it for this limited premise ('he hasn't been put behind bars') and conclusion ('so he's not an idiot').

Well, saying he is an idiot or uneducated because he was put behind bars for his 1999 rape charge is equally as "limited" and under thought, since he wasn't put behind bars for a MURDER charge.

What solid proof do we have from his house?

Ted Bundy gave up the location of victims, and so have many other prolific killers. At first, people thought this was an accident. Then it began to seem maybe not. Then Brandon was arrested, and people still questioned if it was an accident. Then he was indicted for the murder of Lisa Pate in 1999 and people once again re thought if BSL was a serial killer.

You really think that a man that has killed a girl in 1999 and now in 2012,hasn't had many girls in between those two?... If he had not been in prison, chances are he would've been convicted on multiple counts of murder a long time ago

I see why you think he isn't a serial killer.
But using the fact that he gave up the location of a body as means of why he isn't doesn't make sense. He didn't do it out of compassion. That would have been a whole different thing.

Sorry, but I will think he has more victims until I'm proven otherwise. Solid proof of two murders, along with numerous things belonging to many women hiding in his home, makes me believe he has killed or at least planned to kill more.

In relation to Lisa and Mickey, I personally don't know what they have to charge him with from his home.
But enough to charge him with aggravated kidnapping and first degree murder before a body was even found. And enough to bring up a 1999 case, and positively link him to it.

So for their individual cases, i just stand by LE in them saying they have solid proof. And I can't wait to hear exactly WHAT the solid proof is.

As for the items belonging to other girls, unless you know someone whose things were found or your personal items were found at his home, they probably won't release that until trial.
Everything is going to be sealed shut, unless it leaks out, which it probably will.

But we do know they have enough proof to convince a grand jury indictment for Lisa and Mickey, and seemed to have been spot on with assuming Mickey was dead.

I don't know what they have in relation to Mickey and Lisa, only regarding some of the found items belonging to women, but I believe things in his home might have been enough to possibly give them insight on other crimes he may have committed.

I don't like to use terms such as mastermind or genius when it comes to sick rapists and killers. In fact, I think they are all weak minded cowards that cannot control their urges and take out their insufficiencies in life on an innocent victim.

There are some that are better at playing the sick game than others. What makes them better at it is having more control at the beginning, catching victims at the right time, making sure DNA is contained, not changing their routine, etc. Brandon did none of these things.

He likely did destroy most of the evidence when the truck was burned but at the same time, it is also a big part in why he was caught. Burning the truck was not an intelligent move in my opinion, it was an act of desperation.
In all actuality, I don't think Brandon is extremely intelligent or extremely stupid. I think he's more like any one of us---average. Perhaps it's not so scary for us to believe that he is anything but average...

this is a little off topic, but i'm curious about these photos/pictures and their locations. it looks as thoughthe "camera man" manages to get on the other side of the gravesite in separate news reports.

this really isn't important, i guess. but i am curious on others' perception of this. just trying to figure out where they are taking their pictures

see the photo of the CSI behind the tape
http://www.theind.com/news/11143-lpd-feel-strongly-body-is-shunicks

this video, "history on cemetery" at 1:32
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/11/

this is a little off topic, but i'm curious about these photos/pictures and their locations. it looks as thoughthe "camera man" manages to get on the other side of the gravesite in separate news reports.

this really isn't important, i guess. but i am curious on others' perception of this. just trying to figure out where they are taking their pictures

see the photo of the CSI behind the tape
http://www.theind.com/news/11143-lpd-feel-strongly-body-is-shunicks

this video, "history on cemetery" at 1:32
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto[gallery]/11/

Im slightly confused as to what you're getting at.
Can you explain for us who are confused haha

I really hope they never release pictures of Mickey deceased. Sadly, it happens in most national coverage cases. It would be so disrespectful to the family and anyone who followed this case.

In my opinion, BSL probably got lucky early on when he committed his earlier crimes, and then being sent to prison kind of threw LE off his radar a bit, idk. It seems criminals early on are a bit disorganized and as they evolve and learn from mistakes they try not to repeat actions that may put them at risk of being discovered. They'll find better hiding spots etc... How much all of this has to do with intelligence or street smarts or survival skills I cannot say. Again MOO

'Criminal profiles are only one tool in LE's arsenal, but serves many purposes; from narrowing a suspect down to throughout the prosecution'. Imo, this is a very interesting read:

http://law.wustl.edu/journal/54/Ingram_.pdf

IF THE PROFILE FITS:

II. CRIMINAL PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILING

Criminal psychological profiling has its initial roots in Sir Arthur
Conan Doyle’s and Agatha Christie’s crime novels.18 The detective
characters in those novels would pay close attention to crime scene
details and then would formulate a profile of the type of person most
likely to commit the crime.

Police detectives began to mimic their
fictitious counterparts in these novels by occasionally seeking
psychologists’ impressions after observing crime scene evidence of a
perpetrator’s personality. This procedure proved helpful in Criminal
Personality Profiling in the Investigation of Violent Crime: Recent Advances and Future
Directions, 10 BEHAV. SCI. & L. 475, 475 (1992).

apprehending criminals and, with profiling’s increased popularity, the
FBI’s Quantico, Virginia training facility began looking into different
profiling techniques.

After years of researching the criminal mind
and borrowing from the fields of psychology and sociology, criminal
psychological profiling became an important part of the FBI’s
investigations into serial and sexual offenses.

* The first modern case involving a criminal psychological profile (though not termed as
such) was the “Mad Bomber” case in the 1950s.

24. See John E. Douglas et al., Criminal Profiling from Crime Scene Analysis, 4 BEHAV.
SCI & L. 401, 402 (1986).
25. Profiles assist with the prosecution of offenders in ways other than admitting the actual
profile into evidence. For example, profiles have been used in several cases to establish probable cause to search a residence. Investigators have also used profiles to elicit
confessions from suspected offenders.

See JOHN E. DOUGLAS ET AL., CRIME CLASSIFICATION
MANUAL: A STANDARD SYSTEM FOR INVESTIGATING AND CLASSIFYING VIOLENT CRIMES 306-
08 (1992). Along with the typical contents of a profile, investigators will also include suggestions of how to interview an apprehended offender. See id. For example, an officer who has the criminal psychological profile of a person he is interviewing will know certain personality traits of the offender that can be exploited to secure a confession.

CRIMINAL PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILES 243
assessment of the offender, (2) the evaluation of belongings found in
the suspected offender’s possession, and (3) suggesting strategies for
interviewing the suspected offender upon apprehension.26 Although
criminal psychological profiling is helpful with the investigation,
apprehension, and prosecution of an offender, only certain types of
offenses lend themselves to profiling.27 Such offenses include
“motiveless” murder,28 rape and sexual assault, and arson.

Profiles assist in the investigations of these crimes because offenses of these
types tend to reveal something about the offender’s personality and behavior.

John Douglas has set forth the qualifications of a typical profiler.
He indicates that most profilers have a background in
psychology and organized criminology.

In addition, the profiler is an organized thinker, has field experience in criminal investigation, and exhibits the ability to make judgments based on instinct.

read more - much more..

I am not convinced there were more victims than the ones we already know about - but the subject of this thread is to discuss that possibility. The possibility also exists that there could be many more victims based on the SK sociopathic nature of the ones we know about already. I don't see any negatives to running with this possibility. We could learn something or make a connection that could bring answers.

I am not convinced there were more victims than the ones we already know about - but the subject of this thread is to discuss that possibility. The possibility also exists that there could be many more victims based on the SK sociopathic nature of the ones we know about already. I don't see any negatives to running with this possibility. We could learn something or make a connection that could bring answers.

http://www.katc.com/news/former-cellblock-mate-of-brandon-scott-lavergne-speaks-out/

Former "Cellblock-Mate" of Brandon Scott Lavergne Speaks Out

Imo, if Serial killer BS Lavergne was being investigated for 3 womens murders in 2005 that occured prior to his rape conviction. It would be logical to conclude that there are more unknowns.. Many more, imo...

The CajunNet has it that items belonging to women other than MS and LP were found in BSL's trailer. I questioned the rumor when it came up, and received answers that satisfied me that this was true.

I add to this info the lighting-quick charges of two counts of murder one, meaning that substantial evidence was found during the search, and I have to think, sadly, that there may be another victim out there, if not more than one.

I also see how tight-lipped LE has been about the trailer search, and conclude that they are investigating all this as I post.

I pray that there are no more victims, and that if there are more victims, that LE found enough evidence to bring peace, of a sort, to the families.

That is crazy! I've read 99 many times! We really need to put pressure on our media to check the facts, not just copy from some other article.

So Danielle died a year BEFORE Lisa? Not the same year?

I agree, kgeaux. Although when high profile cases like this come along, the media/journalists, even as thick skinned as they have become. Can be overwhelmed....
After following many high profile serial murders, I would have to give the Lafayette MSM at least a B+, in their attempt at transparency and asking the hard questions.

You can not believe the media in many areas of many states that are only mouthpieces for LE, and are afraid to ask the hard questions. They are either silent or provide tragic missinformation to the public.

In the Meredith Emerson(GA_2008) case, the MSM reported that she & Ella was only lost on Blood Mountain, although the GBI & UCSO knew that she had been abducted.

Sheriffs from other counties only waved at SK Gary Hilton when passing.. Such a tragedy...

Mickey Schunick's abductor was identified & apprehended due to the mutual cooperation between MSM & LPD, imo..
I can't salute the LPD Men/Women in Blue enough for the transparency in this investigation. "they gave their all"!..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQbgJK1pnH0"]FBI Director Mueller's Police Week Message - YouTube[/ame]

The CajunNet has it that items belonging to women other than MS and LP were found in BSL's trailer. I questioned the rumor when it came up, and received answers that satisfied me that this was true.

I add to this info the lighting-quick charges of two counts of murder one, meaning that substantial evidence was found during the search, and I have to think, sadly, that there may be another victim out there, if not more than one.

I also see how tight-lipped LE has been about the trailer search, and conclude that they are investigating all this as I post.

I pray that there are no more victims, and that if there are more victims, that LE found enough evidence to bring peace, of a sort, to the families.

Yes, there supposedly were items other than ID's but I don't know what those items were. And that a couple of women received calls from police stating that their items were found. I am just SO curious how he obtained the ID's and any other items (if true)!! I keep thinking about it and cannot come up with a plausible scenario. Maybe a gym locker room? It would have to be somewhere unattended. Or maybe he bribed someone at the DMV for a copy of a certain persons ID? Perhaps a connection to a burglar that stole womens purses? I SO want to know!!

Yes, there supposedly were items other than ID's but I don't know what those items were. And that a couple of women received calls from police stating that their items were found. I am just SO curious how he obtained the ID's and any other items (if true)!! I keep thinking about it and cannot come up with a plausible scenario. Maybe a gym locker room? It would have to be somewhere unattended. Or maybe he bribed someone at the DMV for a copy of a certain persons ID? Perhaps a connection to a burglar that stole womens purses? I SO want to know!!

I so want to know too! One thought that has crossed my mind is that RB, who bsl was said to have robbed graves with in highschool has been arrested for stealing things from homes in the area. Maybe his old friend gave him things??
I can't say I believe this to be the case, it is just a thought.

I so want to know too! One thought that has crossed my mind is that RB, who bsl was said to have robbed graves with n highschool has been arrested for stealing things from homes in the area. Maybe his old friend gave him things??
I can't say I believe this to be the case, it is just an thought.

I was scared to come out and say that but it was exactly what I was getting at.

I never leave my purse unattended unless it would be a gym locker in which it would be locked up. The only way someone could ever get a hold of my ID and me still be alive would be to steal it or illegally have a copy made.

I was scared to come out and say that but it was exactly what I was getting at.

I never leave my purse unattended unless it would be a gym locker in which it would be locked up. The only way someone could ever get a hold of my ID and me still be alive would be to steal it or illegally have a copy made.

Great minds.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back