Bulgaria - Lars Mittank, 28, German tourist, Varna airport, 8 July 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That is actually a bizarre idea for an antibiotic to cause such side effects, from my experience in the medical field. Also, from my research on that particular antibiotic, it would not cause side effects such as paranoia or psychosis. I can honestly say I have never heard of an antibiotic causing such side effects as this. And, although I also have a background in psychology , I am not licensed, so it's only my educated opinion, not a professional one. So, if he was experiencing such effects from any drug it would have to be from some other drug. IMO.

Some possibilities:

If the Dr. was in the organ trafficking business, and gave him something claiming it was an antibiotic, but instead it was something else to cause psychosis, paranoia, and hallucinations.
If someone in the hotel drugged him while he was there.
If he had been given drugs beforehand, but it's strange they would have such a prolonged effect.
If he was voluntarily taking drugs himself.
If, he had a mental breakdown, associated with Schizophrenia not previously diagnosed. Which, btw, I find hard to believe if he had never exhibited pre-existing signs of Schizophrenia.

All JMO. I would give anything if we had more information.

FYI: I am a retired RN and only have a bachelors in psychology. Just to let you know I'm not promoting myself as a professional in any way, this is all only my opinon.

I'm not familiar with the RX process in Bulgaria, but what if the "organ trafficking" link was through a pharmacy. They could fill a prescription bottle with altered capsules. The adverse effect could be cumulative if he was ingesting the pills on a regular schedule.

Let's just say he did take drugs or was drugged. Why run away how he did and to the woods? And also, stay away? Did the drugs not wear off? Did he not think of ever calling his mom again? Just doesn't make sense. Not saying he wasn't drugged, because something made him act strange for sure, but it had to be something else tied in for him to just literally run away and stay away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping that the attention Anton is receiving in the press right now, will help bring eyes and ears to missing Lar's case too.
Who knows, maybe he is hanging around some sports fields somewhere, perhaps overlooked as a street-person?
Anton was trying to get to a library in Argentina.
speculation, imo.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?329051-Anton-Pilipa-missing-5-years-found-wandering-on-Brazilian-highway
Anton Pilipa, missing 5 years, found wandering on Brazilian highway

bbm

It did for me. I spent a whole evening the other night watching several videos about Lars' disappearance, and plan to read up on this case as much as possible. Being in Europe right now I want to really keep my eyes open for him.

Let's just say he did take drugs or was drugged. Why run away how he did and to the woods? And also, stay away? Did the drugs not wear off? Did he not think of ever calling his mom again? Just doesn't make sense. Not saying he wasn't drugged, because something made him act strange for sure, but it had to be something else tied in for him to just literally run away and stay away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless he was being drugged in order to take advantage of him for nefarious reasons, and whoever it was was watching the airport and followed after him. I can't think of anything else other than :

He purchased weed from the hotel and it was laced with something dangerous.

and/ or

He got lost and eventually deceased due to the elements and dehydration

or

He lost his memory and is wondering the streets somewhere.

Such a strange and sad case. :(

Do we know where in 'Northern Germany' Lars is from?

Good video in English, with transcript - it mentions the town in Germany where Lars worked, perhaps he also lived there or nearby?
rbbm
[video=vimeo;161478569]https://vimeo.com/161478569[/video]
Lars Mittank had a good job at the coal-fired power plant in Wilhelmshaven, where he had been working since 2007.

28 years of age, Lars traveled to Varna with four friends. One of them also happened to be a former classmate, from the same high school, from which they graduated in 2003.
They stayed at a posh resort near the beach, at which they had an all-inclusive reservation. All food, and all drinks, including alcohol, on the house. During the day they split their time between the beach, and the hotel pool.
At night, they would visit the discotheques, and the bars. One of his friends described Lars as easy-going, but also a guy who likes to drink. One night they ended up at a saloon called, the "Rock Bar". It was the summer of the World Soccer Cup, and Lars got into a confrontation, with a group of German soccer club fans. When Lars backed off, the argument subsided. Or, so everybody thought.
Among the last to leave the bar, Lars and his friends then went, to a fast food restaurant. Lars said he would wait for them on a bench outside the restaurant. But when his friends turned around, Lars was gone. All they could do was go back to the hotel, and hope that he showed up soon.
When they woke the next morning, Lars was there. But he was injured. He told them he was attacked by some local men, who were speaking either Bulgarian, or Russian. These ****s were hired, he said, by the Bavarian soccer club fans, with whom he had argued, in the Rock Bar. After he got punched in the head, his ear began to hurt

Good video in English, with transcript - it mentions the town in Germany where Lars worked, perhaps he also lived there or nearby?
rbbm
[video=vimeo;161478569]https://vimeo.com/161478569[/video]

Thank you! That is only about 2 hours from where I am now. He probably lived in the area too, Europeans don't tend to have too long commutes for work since there is generally a lot of traffic. I.e. from my town to the nearby city is only 9 miles, but during rush hour it can take you 30-45 minutes (highway) to get there. And that is in a part of the country that's considered 'quiet' and is not as densely populated as near the big cities.

Anyway, thinking of Anton's case and maybe Lars could be wandering through Europe... maybe trying to still make it home? Maybe just going to a somewhat more familiar area? I don't know how much I believe that could be the case... but it doesn't hurt to keep my eyes open, we sometimes do travel towards that area although not all the way there.

Jmo but it sounds like Lars had a mental illness. He may have wandered off and sadly died somewhere or he may be living on the streets somewhere.

Unless he was being drugged in order to take advantage of him for nefarious reasons, and whoever it was was watching the airport and followed after him. I can't think of anything else other than :

He purchased weed from the hotel and it was laced with something dangerous.

and/ or

He got lost and eventually deceased due to the elements and dehydration

or

He lost his memory and is wondering the streets somewhere.

Such a strange and sad case. :(

Forgot to add, Possible closed head injury that gradually became worse. If he wondered off and deceased due to head injury or the elements, I'm just so surprised he wouldn't have been found.

I can't remember what the terrain is like there, and the climate and temperatures during that time. Also how far from water. Does anyone else remember, or when I have time I'll go back and check. TIA

Forgot to add, Possible closed head injury that gradually became worse. If he wondered off and deceased due to head injury or the elements, I'm just so surprised he wouldn't have been found.

I can't remember what the terrain is like there, and the climate and temperatures during that time. Also how far from water. Does anyone else remember, or when I have time I'll go back and check. TIA

http://www.holiday-weather.com/sunny_beach/averages/
[h=1]Sunny Beach: Annual Weather Averages[/h] July is the hottest month in Sunny Beach with an average temperature of 23°C (73°F) and the coldest is January at 3°C (37°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 11 in July. The wettest month is November with an average of 56mm of rain. The best month to swim in the sea is in July when the average sea temperature is 24°C (75°F).

Do we know where in 'Northern Germany' Lars is from?

He is said the be a fan of Werder Bremen, the football (soccer) club of Bremen. It's very likely he is from Bremen or the surrounding area. Bremen to Wilhelmshaven is only a one hour drive (~100 km).

I just quickly want to come back to the antibiotics that were said in the below video to have psychological side effects which I initially translated as "confusion and paranoia" (see quote below).

Although this video is not in English, it is still comprehensible through the visuals, and of course Lar's mom anguish is understandable in any language. imo.

[video=youtube;OxikJx1vPJ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxikJx1vPJ4[/video]

- the antibiotics given to him a day earlier are known for sometimes having side effects such as confusion and paranoia.

snipped by me

That is actually a bizarre idea for an antibiotic to cause such side effects, from my experience in the medical field. Also, from my research on that particular antibiotic, it would not cause side effects such as paranoia or psychosis. I can honestly say I have never heard of an antibiotic causing such side effects as this. And, although I also have a background in psychology , I am not licensed, so it's only my educated opinion, not a professional one. So, if he was experiencing such effects from any drug it would have to be from some other drug. IMO.

respectfully snipped by me

Listening to it again, what is claimed is that "in rare instances it triggers delusions", at 5.35 min in the video. Does that sound plausible to you neesaki?

Well Varna is a seaside resort and has a port. And then there is Lake Varna about 4km south of Varna airport. The airport is surrounded mainly by fields. I wonder how thoroughly that area has been searched. He might well have succumbed to whatever he ingested somewhere out there, just hasn't been found.

The airport he vanished from was the one in Varna, is that right? Because in one video they are saying he vanished from the Bulgarian capital which would be Sofia.

I just quickly want to come back to the antibiotics that were said in the below video to have psychological side effects which I initially translated as "confusion and paranoia" (see quote below).

Listening to it again, what is claimed is that "in rare instances it triggers delusions", at 5.35 min in the video. Does that sound plausible to you neesaki?

My apologies, I don't remember ever learning of these type side effects so it's new to me, or maybe I need a cognitive evaluation for memory problems, LOL. But, yes, after reviewing further it is possible for antibiotics to cause confusion, delirium, delusions and hallucinations. So, I'm presently in the process of eating my hat along with a healthy serving of crow. It never ceases to amaze me how educational Websleuths is. :blushing:
http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/201...etween-antibiotics-and-delirium-in-patients#1

In the CCTV footage there is a guy in blue near lars as he's walking into the dr's office. He looks behind and stares at lars as he walks past. If lars was right, and he really thought that people was after him could he be one of them? Was he followed from the hotel he was staying in? The man in blue has no luggage with him so why is he at the airport? He may be innocent and may have a friend looking after his bags but as always with this case there are more questions than answers

He is said the be a fan of Werder Bremen, the football (soccer) club of Bremen. It's very likely he is from Bremen or the surrounding area. Bremen to Wilhelmshaven is only a one hour drive (~100 km).

German newspapers are reporting him as living Wilhelmshaven. He was originally from Marne. Back in 2014 his mother still lived there.

ETA so it seems that he moved to Wilhelmshaven for his job that he held since 2007. There's no way to commute that daily from Marne, it's about a 3 hour drive - without traffic. So IF he might have memory problems but maybe remembers his childhood, he might be trying to go to Marne. All speculation on my part, and probably a long shot, but who knows.

My apologies, I don't remember ever learning of these type side effects so it's new to me, or maybe I need a cognitive evaluation for memory problems, LOL. But, yes, after reviewing further it is possible for antibiotics to cause confusion, delirium, delusions and hallucinations. So, I'm presently in the process of eating my hat along with a healthy serving of crow. It never ceases to amaze me how educational Websleuths is. :blushing:
http://www.webmd.com/brain/news/201...etween-antibiotics-and-delirium-in-patients#1

Oh okay, thank you for the link! No need for hats and crows for breakfast though! Lol! I'm just glad we sorted it out because I now think it's quite likely that Lars suffered from some kind of terrible psychological effect, and we know he got that antibiotic, whereas we can only speculate whether he took other drugs or alcohol as well. Add to that the woman who gave him a lift who observed dilated pupils, and the picture becomes clearer as to why he bolted the airport doctor's office. The airport he was so intent to get to suddenly became a unsafe place, in his mind, presumably when the uniformed airport worker entered the doctor's office. The doctor in the video said, Lars panicked when he saw that guy, and they tried to calm him down and explain who the guy is, to no avail.

My best guess as to where he ended up is now, sadly, that he died somewhere in the surrounding area, due to an accident, perhaps, or other physical side effects? From your link:

Those with delirium are more likely to have longer hospital stays and suffer other complications such as falls and death

Bhattacharyya and his colleagues combed through case reports going back to 1946, finding 391 cases where patients given antibiotics developed delirium and other brain problems. While nearly half suffered delusions or hallucinations, 14 percent had seizures, 15 percent had involuntary muscle twitching and 5 percent lost control of body movements. One quarter of those with delirium also suffered kidney failure.

bbm

In the video I listened to yesterday it was mentioned that he was an athlete, so the fence he climbed would have been no real hindrance to him. I would further assume that running for a long time would also not faze him much. He was fit. So he might have run far, and then collapsed at some point?

Do we know whether he had anything with him? I know that he left all his bags behind and he does not have anything in his hands when exiting the airport. But did he have anything in his trouser pockets?

See if this link works, Varna airport:

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place...727941c71a58b7c!8m2!3d43.2140504!4d27.9147333

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back