Burke Files 150 Million Dollar Lawsuit Against Werner Sptiz???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LW gave the date of 10/26/16 to CBS but no action since early Oct. I check daily and even lurk on twitter. LW has not said anything about the R's in several weeks after BR sued Spitz. My speculation that he IS in fact a public figure even before the Dr.P debacle. No way to prove in 2 weeks that WS's comments affected his life/work. The timing of BR going ahead of the CBS special did him no favors. People speculated even before the case of. So, I plan to see that dropped. IIRC there was mention BR was going to take a lie detector to prove his innocence. I forget if it was just a sensationalized headline or a quote from Woody. However, the fact we hear boo, when Woody can't seem to hold back on proclaiming the innocence of the R's and promoting PW book- may be telling. IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! The sudden silence from the Ramsey camp is deafening!
I guess John is too busy working to worry about the horrific death of his daughter and the new evidence uncovered.... :waiting:
I hope this can of worms isn't closed again. I hope it spills out all the dark secrets that's been hidden for 20 years.
That's 20 years that was taken away from JonBenet and 20 years the killer has been allowed to go about their life as if nothing happened.
Time to pay the piper.

The lie detector line was just a bluff from LW. He'll "consider" it if the police ask. Right.
“If the Boulder Police Department called me and said we’d like to talk to Burke and have a lie detector test done, yeah I’m happy to consider it.

“But that’s never going to happen because the Boulder Police and the Boulder District Attorney’s Office have recognised that Burke Ramsey is not even a possible suspect."

“Anyone who thinks there is a basis for Burke Ramsey to take a lie detector test because of an accusation on a TV show is an idiot.”
You'd think similarly someone who launched a $150 Mil lawsuit over someone who made himself a public figure in an embarrassing Dr. Phil interview because of an accusation on a TV show is also an idiot.

The lie detector line was just a bluff from LW. He'll "consider" it if the police ask. Right.

You'd think similarly someone who launched a $150 Mil lawsuit over someone who made himself a public figure in an embarrassing Dr. Phil interview because of an accusation on a TV show is also an idiot.

:laughing::laughcry::ditto:

I love how LW loves to point out (as well as the Ramsey's, IDI, and Dr. Phil) that us average citizens are idiots. Or bored housewives.
Actually we are a legion of citizens who aren't idiots and aren't stupid enough to believe the BS they try to feed us. We are male and female.
We are married and single. We are parents and adults without kids. We are teens and elderly and everything in between. We are retired, working, professionals, houseparents, and everything in between. The difference between us and the Ramsey supporters is WE CARE. WE WANT JUSTICE. We are exactly what would make up a jury pool that may be deciding your clients fate one day. So be careful LW. Be careful who you try to insult and belittle. We may just be the ones who end your career and your client's 20 year run from justice. Be careful who you lay your hat on. They may be the ones who cause you to loose your business. People do pay attention. People don't forget.
Until this case is solved, there will be questions asked.
To those who possibly watch these threads and are possibly involved in the case personally, please sit down and think hard about who you are protecting and why.
Is it in the name of The Ramsey's that you remain silent? Why should you remain silent or be asked to remain silent if there is nothing to hide?
Why have the Ramsey's changed their story so many times?
Why have they thrown previously dear friends under the bus? When will it be your turn to also be thrown under the bus? Because eventually you will.
If you stand together and speak out as a group, the Ramsey's can't sue everybody. If you know the truth or some aspects of the truth, I urge you to come forward with
anything you know that may be helpful to the investigation.
Do it for JonBenet. Let her voice be heard.
JMOO.

I love how LW loves to point out (as well as the Ramsey's, IDI, and Dr. Phil) that us average citizens are idiots. Or bored housewives.
Actually we are a legion of citizens who aren't idiots and aren't stupid enough to believe the BS they try to feed us. We are male and female.
We are married and single. We are parents and adults without kids. We are teens and elderly and everything in between. We are retired, working, professionals, houseparents, and everything in between. The difference between us and the Ramsey supporters is WE CARE. WE WANT JUSTICE. We are exactly what would make up a jury pool that may be deciding your clients fate one day. So be careful LW. Be careful who you try to insult and belittle. We may just be the ones who end your career and your client's 20 year run from justice. Be careful who you lay your hat on. They may be the ones who cause you to loose your business. People do pay attention. People don't forget.
To those who possibly watch these threads and are possibly involved in the case personally, please sit down and think hard about who you are protecting and why.
Is it in the name of The Ramsey's that you remain silent? Why should you remain silent or be asked to remain silent if there is nothing to hide?
Why have they thrown previously dear friends under the bus? When will it be your turn to also be thrown under the bus? Because eventually you will.
If you stand together and speak out as a group, the Ramsey's can't sue everybody. If you know the truth or some aspects of the truth, I urge you to come forward with
JMOO.

:goodpost::clap:

JMOO.

AMEN! Big applause from me!

The fact that there is no news re rhe suits is bothering me. ITA with S. Thomas this time, if something doesn't happen around this anniversary it's over. I feel the same. I am afraid that after the anniversary there will be a deadly silence all over this case. I HOPE I am wrong! Pls God. For Jonbenet.

The fact that there is no news re rhe suits is bothering me. ITA with S. Thomas this time, if something doesn't happen around this anniversary it's over. I feel the same. I am afraid that after the anniversary there will be a deadly silence all over this case. I HOPE I am wrong! Pls God. For Jonbenet.
I agree. I had so much hope for this year. I expected an avalanche of info that had previously been withheld to come out and maybe even some sort of closure....even if no arrests. This is the main reason I was so disappointed in the CBS doc.It was supposed to be the 'big enchilada'. As its already been pointed out(even by a few BDI members), it was nothing but 'entertainment'. It made no serious attempt to prove that theory. It was mainly done for the shock value, attention, and ratings. It showed less evidence than previous documentaries. IMO it took one small step forward by showing an alternate theory the mainstream wasn't aware of but two huge steps back as far as the case in general is concerned. It sort of left things hanging in limbo. The cherry on top were the standard IDI docs spewing horse manure. Now the public has moved on and the last thing they heard was about the lawsuit.

We have two months to go but the sand in the hourglass is quickly fading. Once 2017 rolls around the case goes back into purgatory where certain people involved want it to stay. This should've been the year. BPD should have dove into a new investigation of the case and reinterviewed all the key players in the case and maybe even asked for FBI assistance. THis was also the year that all the corruption going on since day one should've been exposed.

The spotlight will never shine this bright on Jonbenet again. There might be some attention on the 25th anniversary but nothing to this extent.

John Ramsey probably has an ear to ear grin on his face over how things turned out this year. Burke and IDI theories don't make John a dull boy. Just an added layer of confusion for a public that has already moved on to the next story. I want the grin wiped off of his face before he's dead.

Shame on all the people involved in this case who didn't come forward this year. ALL of them.

Just popping in to echo everyone else's sentiments. We all wish there could still be more movement in this case, and more details to come out, and it feels like it's now or never this year. I'm ever the patron saint of lost causes, so I refuse to abandon all hope, but that hope is dwindling rapidly!

It feels hopeless, but it's worth remembering that there have actually been some positive steps recently- just not in the way or as far as we all hope. For example, the likes of Kolar, the CBS team, Steve Thomas, Judith Phillips- all speaking out to a certain extent, and at least finally giving us confirmation of who they believe is JB's killer- BR.

From this, we also now know of the family's involvement in the coverup, and some possible reasons why, and we also know about the depressing political shenanigans that have gone on. The intruder theory has also been discredited. We also have a rough timeline of events, some evidence tying family members to certain things (such as BR with the pineapple and being up in the night, PR and the ransom note, etc)

As SuperDave recently made a very good point about, there is lots of evidence in this case, but unfortunately it's mostly circumstantial. It's almost impossible to tie things down to a certain family member, let alone times and dates, when all 3 family members live in the home together, and are hellbent on covering for each other. For these reasons, I can't see any sane prosecutor or politician taking the case on now, and therefore can't see JR or BR having to testify in court.

There are many cases where there are no outside witnesses and the evidence is largely circumstantial, and some of them do still achieve successful prosecutions, but it is certainly much harder to prove anything. It is possible to infer what most likely happened through circumstantial evidence, but it's much harder to overcome the issue of reasonable doubt.

In my humble opinion, there are several things left that would make a real difference to getting more answers- the case being declared officially closed and the entire case files being opened; the family's complete medical records being unsealed (if they even still exist); the knot in the garotte being untied and tested for dna (again, if anyone even still has it), to tell us who made the garotte and therefore performed the strangulation; and finally, people feeling free to speak out, including Holly Smith who was there at the scene. The big problem, is that I personally can't see any of those things happening, either!

As many are saying, frustrating though it is, we probably have to accept the things we do now know, and also the many things we still don't, and likely never will.

Just popping in to echo everyone else's sentiments. We all wish there could still be more movement in this case, and more details to come out, and it feels like it's now or never this year. I'm ever the patron saint of lost causes, so I refuse to abandon all hope, but that hope is dwindling rapidly!

It feels hopeless, but it's worth remembering that there have actually been some positive steps recently- just not in the way or as far as we all hope. For example, the likes of Kolar, the CBS team, Steve Thomas, Judith Phillips- all speaking out to a certain extent, and at least finally giving us confirmation of who they believe is JB's killer- BR.

From this, we also now know of the family's involvement in the coverup, and some possible reasons why, and we also know about the depressing political shenanigans that have gone on. The intruder theory has also been discredited. We also have a rough timeline of events, some evidence tying family members to certain things (such as BR with the pineapple and being up in the night, PR and the ransom note, etc)

As SuperDave recently made a very good point about, there is lots of evidence in this case, but unfortunately it's mostly circumstantial. It's almost impossible to tie things down to a certain family member, let alone times and dates, when all 3 family members live in the home together, and are hellbent on covering for each other. For these reasons, I can't see any sane prosecutor or politician taking the case on now, and therefore can't see JR or BR having to testify in court.

There are many cases where there are no outside witnesses and the evidence is largely circumstantial, and some of them do still achieve successful prosecutions, but it is certainly much harder to prove anything. It is possible to infer what most likely happened through circumstantial evidence, but it's much harder to overcome the issue of reasonable doubt.

In my humble opinion, there are several things left that would make a real difference to getting more answers- the case being declared officially closed and the entire case files being opened; the family's complete medical records being unsealed (if they even still exist); the knot in the garotte being untied and tested for dna (again, if anyone even still has it), to tell us who made the garotte and therefore performed the strangulation; and finally, people feeling free to speak out, including Holly Smith who was there at the scene. The big problem, is that I personally can't see any of those things happening, either!

As many are saying, frustrating though it is, we probably have to accept the things we do now know, and also the many things we still don't, and likely never will.
It is hard to swallow for sure!
But the evidence is there. I know they have to have it in all that evidence. It needs to be re examined with fresh eyes. Someone needs to stand up and start the dominoes. It CAN happen if they really want the case closed.

I am new here. I have just posted my theory (on Member's Theories) as to what could have happened on the night JBR was killed.

As for BR suing CBS for £150M - well unfortunately he probably WILL get a substantial pay-out because CBS cannot actually PROVE that his killed his sister. That's a nice little earner for him.

If indeed BR was the killer of JBR then the pay-out will ensure that he will never confess. If he did then he would have to re-pay CBS.

Incidentally, does anyone actually know what this young man has been doing for the last 20 years? JR insists he is employed in a "high tech industry" but I wonder?

I am new here. I have just posted my theory (on Member's Theories) as to what could have happened on the night JBR was killed.

As for BR suing CBS for £150M - well unfortunately he probably WILL get a substantial pay-out because CBS cannot actually PROVE that his killed his sister. That's a nice little earner for him.

If indeed BR was the killer of JBR then the pay-out will ensure that he will never confess. If he did then he would have to re-pay CBS.

CBS does not have to prove anything. The burden would be on Burke to prove CBS lied with actual malice when they concluded that Burke may have struck JonBenet that night. CBS can afford to defend any lawsuit and they have stated very clearly they will. The discovery process will require Burke to testify under oath and may also involve testimony of witnesses that we’ve never heard directly from. Like the Fleet Whites for example.

Despite threats, it does not appear Lin Wood has sued CBS, although he did sue Werner Spitz directly. The status of that case is unknown, but the burden for Burke is the same.

Also, if somehow Burke did prevail and was awarded damages but later confessed, it isn’t accurate to say he would have pay back any award or settlement that occurred previously. They’re final settlements/judgements.

Incidentally, does anyone actually know what this young man has been doing for the last 20 years? JR insists he is employed in a "high tech industry" but I wonder?
:welcome6:
Glad you're here!

I'm not sure if this link will take you to the exact recording but if it doesn't, it's the one called "Burke doesn't have to get a job".

If you'd like to listen, it's a very short clip of John Ramsey in a recent interview, confirming that they filed multimillion $ lawsuits on behalf of Burke against the tabloids when he was about 13, and Burke's alleged response.

There's some other good ones on that site worth listening to.

https://soundcloud.com/juror13

Speaking for myself, I'd be fine not knowing every single microscopic thing as long as the big stuff was resolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb
Back