Burlap and Forensics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree burlap can be store flat in a barn .I asked if the police ckecked for any initials on burlap to tell age also if it was thick or thin ?

Somebody in farming or had a person or family member in farming had access to burlap bags and can store them Logo would be important at least a tracking mechanism Also I believe the girls in nj that were murdered in the same way play a important part in this burlap wrap

U are right why I am not sure seems strange they got more than one serial killer in this area and basically no leads sad

Somebody in farming or had a person or family member in farming had access to burlap bags and can store them Logo would be important at least a tracking mechanism Also I believe the girls in nj that were murdered in the same way play a important part in this burlap wrap

Guardian can you give link to that NJ case (It's not the Atlantic City murders right?)

I do think he has moved on ,he is near Water, not sure he will use burlap he is trolling for same type of girls/ women but with family who will not miss them

I'm so glad to see all the new posters! Welcome to all.

It would be a great help if everyone gets used to using the "reply with quote" option, if they are responding to a post. When a post starts with a comment like "couldn't agree more" I hate to be left wondering who/what they agree with.

Please don't let my comment discourage posting. I do not want to do that!

It would be a great help if everyone gets used to using the "reply with quote" option, if they are responding to a post. When a post starts with a comment like "couldn't agree more" I hate to be left wondering who/what they agree with.

I couldn't agree more! ;)

I don't think the killer has moved on. He might just be dormant. It happens more than people think. With all the exposure, especially now, it would not surprise me if the killer waits for the media attention to die down.

Burlap bags don't have serial numbers on them like plastic bags. Burlap is used at most nurserys, used by landscapers

I heard through word of mouth (generally unreliable, I know) that a retired NYPD officer named [named snipped] was someone who was being questioned about the murders by police. The man I talked to knew the family very well, he went to school with both of his sons and was their friend, he said that the man lived behind Carter's Christmas Tree Farm in Bellport. A commonly used item at a tree farm is burlap bags. The family's house backed right up to the farm, they lived on Fox Glove Rd in Bellport, NY. The father committed suicide and shot both of his sons when being "questioned" about the murders in the middle of a family party in August of 2016. I personally have not delved too far into the matter myself, but thought that any information should be shared to be further investigated.

I heard through word of mouth (generally unreliable, I know)
RSBM (Respectfully Snipped By Me)

Great of you to share all this. Have these people been mention in MSM through the investigation? I'm not as familiar as others with the case but that sounds substantial. Thank you very much for joining and I hope you keep pitcing in.

Burlap bags don't have serial numbers on them like plastic bags. Burlap is used at most nurserys, used by landscapers

Welcome Hollyb143. Completely agreed. Thank you for bringing this up. You may enjoy this thread with lots of information compiling about just this.

A thread, for your consideration:

Burlap and Forensics

:welcome3:​

RSBM (Respectfully Snipped By Me)

Great of you to share all this. Have these people been mention in MSM through the investigation? I'm not as familiar as others with the case but that sounds substantial. Thank you very much for joining and I hope you keep pitcing in.

Welcome Hollyb143. Completely agreed. Thank you for bringing this up. You may enjoy this thread with lots of information compiling about just this.

A thread, for your consideration:

Burlap and Forensics

:welcome3:​

I also wonder if the doctor was a participant in Mr Brewers late night parties where he could have easily supplied drugs? Shannon Gilbert was disoriented to have ended up in that field. The phone call she mad makes sense !!!!!

Good point!
( my tiny pet peeve)

:banghead:

On another thread - scratching my bald head, not sure which one - someone brought up that furniture manufacturing, upholstering, etc. use bulk burlap by the yard. So I am unsure if victims were actually wrapped in burlap or in burlap sacks. These days it seems that what are commonly called burlap bags are actually plastic.

Actual jute burlap seems it would be more common in bulk usage like furniture, or at the very least scavenged from old furniture?

ETA; appologies if this has been discussed before.:lookingitup::findinglink:

I've got lots of catching up to go, but my initial rough brainstorming thoughts are:

1. Import / export business
2. Rice?
3. Look back to see what type of green lettering has been sleuthed, I thought I saw a flash of that somewhere on the show's stills
4. Boat / boathouse / warehouse.

He might not be that far away. Somewhere he can revisit. (22ish miles maybe, just something I've noticed in other cases, no scientific basis, jmo).

Question, note to self...how many sks leave their residences to dismember, meaning don't they usually do it at the residence (of either the victim or killer?) Does he have an external, additional chopshop? That would require moving the bodies. Maybe a shed on his property or something, garage..Do houses have basements there? I'm thinking he has his own chopshop on the premises, idk...so, if so, how would the burlap fit in? Like people have certain kinds of ropes and duct tapes in their basements and garages, he has burlap. Burlap. I look forward to reading this thread, what you guys have come up with. Thanks for your posts in advance.

I feel a possible international import export vibe. Who knows.

Okay been researching and haven't watched YET the new episode but I'm about to! Y'all are doing an AMAZING job helping these victims find justice. SO PROUD OF WEBSLEUTHS AND THE PRODUCERS OF THIS SERIES! :tyou::tyou:Ok so two long posts really quick before I start watching!

Researched burlap bags and sheets. Here's some info I found while digging. (this is probably mentioned before so forgive me! Trying to familiarize myself with this case. lol)

This may seem random and with no straight lines but I was noting as I was reading.

Burlap Sack uses- vegetable and nut bags, seafood transportation, making sandbags

Burlap fabric uses- in the garden, use in concrete curing, agriculture uses to keep soil from washing away.
Burlap can also be treated to keep it from rotting or molding.
Also used to keep grazing animals away from crops. Used in covering root balls in plant nursies.
Used as shade screens also.
Could the reason the first 4 were wrapped in burlap mean that he only had a small supply of burlap? Once he ran out he changed his MO?
Used in covering dog areas to protect from wind and elements.
provides UVA and UVB protection
Used in sporting events.
Used in furniture making as previously stated by another poster.
Beekeepers use it by burning it to put bees in a hypnotic state.

"Used burlap bags can be found in markets that sell vegetables, fruits, and coffee as well as agriculture distribution outlets and
both are more than willing to give them away for reuse."
http://nyp-corp.com/blog/tag/burlap-2/

Used in highway construction to prevent erosion.
It is also biodegradable.

Use in agriculture examples, - germination, weed control, raised beds, easy composting
http://nyp-corp.com/blog/how-to-use-burlap-bags-in-the-garden/#more-1232

Rolled Textiles, Rolled Carpet and Rugs, Conveyor Belting, Rubber Hose, Rolled Roofing,Engineered Parts, Flag and Lightning Poles,
Baled Textile Waste, Straw Erosion Wattles

NYP Corp locations- http://nyp-corp.com/contacts-locations
(Their headquarters are in NJ.)
"NYP Corp. is one of the few remaining wholesale converters of burlap, cotton, and related industrial textiles, in the USA.
Originally founded as New Yorker Bag and Burlap by Gerald LaBelle and Nelson Gudema, these two young WWII veterans started
their new business with a VA certificate to purchase surplus materials from the government."
http://nyp-corp.com/our-company/

The garment district is an interesting lead also.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garment_District,_Manhattan
List of places to buy burlap
http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/product_company_list.cfm?prod_code=9001212&region=New-York-NY

This is a pdf that shows some of the sizes available.
http://www.columbiaburlap.com/product/CBBC-DBBC_Industrial_Catalog_Web.pdf

So what does this tell us? First we must know if it was in fact BAGS being used. Or was it rolls of Burlap (which makes more sense
if the SK rolled them up in burlap) Also this would be important to be able to search for a possible lead and not go down rabbit holes.

Burlap has a wide range of uses in agriculture, transporting goods and vegetables and seafood, used in landscaping, used in construction,
used in making sand bags. Also used to provide protection in many ways.
I believe if we can source where the burlap came from, then you may be able to track your killer. He either has a lot of access to Burlap or
buys it often. An employer would know if burlap was going missing I would think.( Maybe he was fired from this job and no longer had access to the burlap. A burlap supplier would notice a repeat customer that
maybe set off alarm bells for some unknown reason.
JMOO

Meaning of burlap sack:

Schwally assumes that in prehistoric times the loin-cloth was the usual and sole garment worn by the Israelites. In historic times it came to be worn for religious purposes only, on extraordinary occasions, or at mourning ceremonies. It is natural that, under certain circumstances, the Prophets also should have worn the saḳ, as in the case of Isaiah, who wore nothing else, and was commanded by God to don it (Isa. xx. 2). Old traditions easily assume a holy character. Thus Schwally points to the circumstance that the Moslem pilgrim, as soon as he puts his foot on*Ḥaram, the holy soil, takes off all the clothes he is wearing, and dons the*iḥram....

Haram means sacred place or sacred soil. Is LISK cleansing the women?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back