Burlap and Forensics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thinking it likely belonged to the victim, the necklace, but who knows, it was a thought someone made and I was like yeah ARS did that, left a pendant on the victim.
All these initials get me confused lol
Who is ARS?

The use of burlap has always been an unusual and intriguing element of this case. What I initially thought would easily lead to LISK now points in myriad directions.

Was burlap used because it's not noisy? Plastic makes noise when wrapped, rustled, or moved. Burlap, not so much. If LISK is in a home where others are sleeping or perhaps his neighbors live extremely close by, he wouldn't want noise from the plastic to disturb them. Likewise with loading and removing a plastic wrapped body from a vehicle; the less noise, the better in case someone, anyone is around.

And maybe the burlap is occupationally related but how??? It's relative in a way that wouldn't draw attention but identifying the occupation is the trick.

Is LISK, as one theory suggests, a science teacher? That would satisfy the use of burlap and the killer's seasonal nature. It could also explain his speech patterns/tones in phone calls. Teachers often meter their words and temper tonality to be best understood in the classroom; some speak almost methodically.

Is there any details on the burlap ? Markings ? Like from a roll ? Or a actual potato or coffee sack?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I believe the burlap bags were used for faster decomposition. This is also why LISK doesn't kill in the winter months while on Long Island. The bodies would just freeze if he did. He wants to get rid of the evidence and anything that can trace back to him as fast as possible.

But what I do wonder is why he specifically chose the spot he did to place the GB4? That strip of land js so big. Why that one section of the parkway for all 4 bodies? There has to be a clue there as well. Does he turn around there? That might help us figure out where he's coming from.

Another question I have is how can he fit any of these girls into one burlap sack? Were they chopped up? Or were more than one bag used with each girl? No DNA on these bags either? Hairs? Anything?

Another question I have is how can he fit any of these girls into one burlap sack? Were they chopped up? Or were more than one bag used with each girl? No DNA on these bags either? Hairs? Anything?

Super Sleuth, how did he assure that animals or storms wouldn't move his precise placements? It seems impossible to me that he didn't have some cover activity where being around this area wouldn't expose him. What kind of activity would give him cover to move around in that area with containers of stuff that could have the burlap wrapped remains of his victims in them? Sailing, landscaping, beach combing, sanitation, just tanning and reading a book, even, on and on...? I'm sure sleuthers have given this aspect lots of thought already, so please pardon my repetition as I follow you.

I hope people who would have an idea are made more aware and come up with some leads they may now feel like sharing. You never know what sparks just the right memory in just the right person?

Thank you. The point being as to specifics and not generalities. Specifically it would be helpful to reference where we get the 'cross pendant' ' the pig pendant' , etc. where does the information come from from that it was placed, was owned, etc.and can we cite the reference. Or whether it has grown legs from speculation.
I just remember as a guest that these kinds of specifics helped me to distinguish facts from speculation, and ultimately prompted me to join WS ( possibly to the chagrin of many, lol)
Some references regarding jewelry.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/03/4-years-17-victims-later-police-cant-catch-the-gilgo-beach-killer/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283333

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11872112

In episode 3 of the A&E special, they briefly show a burlap sack at the Bissett Nusery. The burlap bag shown is absolutely big enough to hold an entire human body of a petite individual.

Killers, depending on the circumstances may use whatever murder tools and disposal mechods available more often if the murders aren't planned, imo. Killers who intend to kill from the get-go use murder tools and disposal methods of choice, usually what fulfills their sick fantasies and/or what they feel most comfortable using. Though, burlap is fairly easy to come by, some of us on websleuths didn't know that, and together we represent community statistics. How many serial killers would think of and use burlap bags? Generally, if a murderer disposes of victims via bags, it is most often plastic garbage bags. But, not LISK. I think whomever murdered the GB4 was familiar with burlap bags prior to the murders, regardless of how easy it might be to obtain said burlap. MOO.

I am familiar with LI and lived there for a number of years until recently. I would buy horse grain packaged in burlap. Nurseries, upholsterers, and others use burlap. Overall, the use of burlap bags seemed relatively limited on LI, however. Therefor the choice for LISK to use burlap? This stands out to me like like a stop sign.

In episode 3 of the A&E special, they briefly show a burlap sack at the Bissett Nusery. The burlap bag shown is absolutely big enough to hold an entire human body of a petite individual.

:welcome6: yes, absolutely they would fit in those sake shown, especially as gruesome as the suggestion would therefore be, if they've been dismembered and then decayed, wrapped and disposed of apart.

Good info in this early post which quotes The New York Times. Bodies were wrapped in burlap bags. Investigators believe(d) perp had access to a supply of burlap sacks.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7613836

FYI: Many of the same Q&A's coming up now were asked, and some answered, in early posts. I'd recommend reading through about the first 100 posts of this thread.

One idea I found interesting is the mention of burlap sacks used on those giant slides found at carnivals and amusement parks.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7146096

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7146519

I believe the burlap bags were used for faster decomposition. This is also why LISK doesn't kill in the winter months while on Long Island. The bodies would just freeze if he did. He wants to get rid of the evidence and anything that can trace back to him as fast as possible.

But what I do wonder is why he specifically chose the spot he did to place the GB4? That strip of land js so big. Why that one section of the parkway for all 4 bodies? There has to be a clue there as well. Does he turn around there? That might help us figure out where he's coming from.
Rbbm

Maybe the first time he placed a victim there was for some of the reasons you suggest, but perhaps seeing that the area was undiscovered, decided it was a secure spot to put the others, ie " If it aint broke, don't fix it "
Since the "trophy garden" has been discovered, the scary part now is where might he/she/they, might now put their victims.

Are the police or forensic investigators not able to trace the burlap bags to their manufacturer . Don't manufacturers have numbers they put on their products. It could lead to a list of distributers or company that purchased them . Just a thought.

Were the bags actual jute fiber burlap? I have never been to Louisiana.
most of the ones we got down south were coffee sacks. just called my neighbor he use to own commercial fishing boats in
jersey and said they bought sacks in bundles but doesnt seem to remember where they got them. I would think any fishing supply store would have them .

Killers, depending on the circumstances may use whatever murder tools and disposal mechods available more often if the murders aren't planned, imo. Killers who intend to kill from the get-go use murder tools and disposal methods of choice, usually what fulfills their sick fantasies and/or what they feel most comfortable using. Though, burlap is fairly easy to come by, some of us on websleuths didn't know that, and together we represent community statistics. How many serial killers would think of and use burlap bags? Generally, if a murderer disposes of victims via bags, it is most often plastic garbage bags. But, not LISK. I think whomever murdered the GB4 was familiar with burlap bags prior to the murders, regardless of how easy it might be to obtain said burlap. MOO.

I am familiar with LI and lived there for a number of years until recently. I would buy horse grain packaged in burlap. Nurseries, upholsterers, and others use burlap. Overall, the use of burlap bags seemed relatively limited on LI, however. Therefor the choice for LISK to use burlap? This stands out to me like like a stop sign.
I am long island born lived 48 yrs there mainly east end. Grew up doing fishing, farming, gardening and all around rural stuff. I used or saw burlap on a regular basis. I've even used it in large yardage for Halloween projects, art work, and displays at a old fashioned candy store I ran. It was always around.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

most of the ones we got down south were coffee sacks. just called my neighbor he use to own commercial fishing boats in
jersey and said they bought sacks in bundles but doesnt seem to remember where they got them. I would think any fishing supply store would have them .

I was wondering about natural Jute fiber vs the woven synthetics bags we have now. Farm supplies and garden centers here in the northeast only have the synthetic ones.

The reason I wonder is the decomp. factor. Curious...

I was wondering about natural Jute fiber vs the woven synthetics bags we have now. Farm supplies and garden centers here in the northeast only have the synthetic ones.

The reason I wonder is the decomp. factor. Curious...
Jute would be fine grained but rough.Burlap would be larger and more open if that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back