Burlap and Forensics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But it is interesting to note that possibly multiple serial killers used this as their dumping ground. What attracted them to this area besides its desolation?
Also interesting that whomever dumped the torsos in the woods went all the way to gilgo beach to dump the rest of the remains.
More and more I am beginning to feel that SG was actually being pursued by more than one man intent on killing her that night. I feel the driver knows more than he's saying honestly. Who leaves the person who hired them stranded and alone in an area unfamiliar to them?
Unless he was afraid for his life or was threatened into leaving?
When exactly did SG start using this driver instead of her boyfriend and why? Did he drive for other call girls too?
JMOO

You know I am really unsure about driver...I had read (in a town minutes document somewhere in this forum!!) that an Oak Beach resident had summoned the driver for her to arrive that night. This is what the police were saying. So did she know this driver before or was this her 1st time meeting him?

OT...how do you snip from a quote (such as news article or only a part of someone's post) and put it into blue box?

You know I am really unsure about driver...I had read (in a town minutes document somewhere in this forum!!) that an Oak Beach resident had summoned the driver for her to arrive that night. This is what the police were saying. So did she know this driver before or was this her 1st time meeting him?
Excellent question. Was he often used to bring "victims" to the area? Maybe driving a nice vehicle to make the call girl feel special and safe?
It would be interesting to know if he had drove other victims too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OT...how do you snip from a quote (such as news article or only a part of someone's post) and put it into blue box?

I don't think you can do it from a phone exactly but from the comp look for a small quote symbol that will put it in the quote box. To shorten another's post, delete what you don't want in the quote but make sure not to delete the [ quote ] or the [. /quote. ]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I did it!! Never knew what that little quote mark was for!! Thanks Positive Light!!

Hoping this works. I just took a picture of the ceiling at Black Eyed Sally's in Hartford Connecticut. The ceiling is covered in burlap. My first thought was this thread.

5eeb66e047723a3ded9212895ed0f46f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I believe the burlap bags were used for faster decomposition. This is also why LISK doesn't kill in the winter months while on Long Island. The bodies would just freeze if he did. He wants to get rid of the evidence and anything that can trace back to him as fast as possible.

But what I do wonder is why he specifically chose the spot he did to place the GB4? That strip of land js so big. Why that one section of the parkway for all 4 bodies? There has to be a clue there as well. Does he turn around there? That might help us figure out where he's coming from.

Burlap was handy, it would break down faster than plastic and not be detected. It would blend in with the under brush.

IF the killer was from Oak Beach for example, the area is between a couple of convenient turn-arounds on the OP. An easy 2 minute drive if he ever wanted to visit the site again.

Burlap was handy, it would break down faster than plastic and not be detected. It would blend in with the under brush.

IF the killer was from Oak Beach for example, the area is between a couple of convenient turn-arounds on the OP. An easy 2 minute drive if he ever wanted to visit the site again.
Yup or someone who lived at Oak Beach and worked at Jones Beach. He would do that trip every day

Did the police say whether the burlap was in sheets or bags? There is a bulk burlap manufacturer, NYP Burlap. They are in Nassau County. Landscapers use sheet burlap. Horse feed used to come in burlap. Don't know if they still do. Was there3 any printing on the burlap?

Coffee beans are carried in burlap too. Just a thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, burlap bags are used for various things. But placing victims bodies in the manner the perpetrator(s) did seems more like someone was trying to camouflage bodies like making it look like sand-bags. This seems to indicate to me that the person is familiar with the beach and preventing flooding by sand-bagging in burlap bags, and more likely to live or familiar with coastal area and prevention of flooding. I'm sure it could be gardeners or landscapers like others have speculated. It's just my hunch that the person(s) could be narrowed down to community/flooding prevention staff that assist with beach flooding using burlap bags. The fact that the bodies were fairly close to roadway also makes me think the person has long-time familiarity with the area that he knew it's remoteness or low probability of victims being found and shows his arrogance/lack of concern about getting caught. His lack of concern also seems to show his pathological sexual deviance/issues.

I agree that females or even males think something is off about him and he probably has some record like sexual abuse or even something like peeping tom reports, or some incident in high school/college. I don't know if he would abuse his wife/gf though. He may separate/hide his sickness and criminal activity from wife/significant other (ie like Jerry Sandusky), so he can keep doing it. He strikes me as more calculating against certain types of women. all jmo and thoughts.

Like a night watchman working on the beach or park service? Or strictly city worker?

I think the killer used burlap because it blends in with the landscape. It may be why he chose to dump the bodies during the summer months. Full foilage.

I'm trying to remember if the child was found in the burlap sacks?

"Of the ten bodies or sets of remains found since late 2010, the four discovered in December 2010 have been identified as missing prostitutes who all advertised their services on Craigslist. They had all been strangled and their bodies wrapped in burlap sacks before being dumped along Gilgo Beach.[25] All are believed to have been killed elsewhere."

If they were "wrapped" in burlap and not inside the bags, then that could be something worth pondering.
Why did they only wrap them? Was this person (LISK) normally seen with burlap in his truck? Was his job and truck identifiable as someone who uses burlap often? Like a seafood or landscaping business for example.
In other words, no one would question piles of burlap in the bed of his truck.
I would think the bags of sand at Gilgo Beach would be difficult to empty of sand. Most of the time they harden and/or are fragile from being in the elements.
One of the bodies date back to 1996 if I'm not mistaken? The fire island victim? If so there's no way they have the right age bracket for the unsub. He would be a baby when the fire island victim died. I'd place him more in the 40-60 age range. If the fire island victim is in fact a victim of LISK of course. What bugs me is where were some of her remains located prior to being dumped later at the site of the other victims.
I remember reading a book by James Patterson, "Kiss the Girls" where two SK's were communicating and compare their kills and bragging. They were on opposite coasts. Of course its not a true crime story but I've always wondered if in fact some SK's do communicate with others. Maybe the bodies found in the woody area that had some of the remains also on Gilgo was another SK trying to take credit for those bodies too. Kinda like a turf war.
I'm sure that now with technology as it is, there are underground networks where they can brag about their killings etc.
It's a dark world out there and nothing surprises me anymore.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer

I have had those same exact thoughts. The Texas killing fields is said to have had several whom prowled together and the like, seems like a plausible thought, and that LE has been so hush and on the backside because of the same problems with LIs LE. So sad for all these women who lost there lives because they hurt and looked to the lows of life to get by. [emoji20]

don't know if this question has been asked by anyone, haven't read through the entire discussion on the case. has any other DNA been found other than the deceased i.e. that would perhaps link a possible suspect.

I think the killer used burlap because it blends in with the landscape. It may be why he chose to dump the bodies during the summer months. Full foilage.
Speaking of summer, I wonder why there was no detectable smell from the bodies. Even a small dead animal, the stench goes pretty far. Of course the shoreline does have that low tide smell of its own. Was any trace of lime or quick lime detected in any of the sites?

I don't think the smell would be odd for anybody driving down the highway. I've smelled the odors of dead deer, skunks, etc without thinking twice that it was something other then animals.

Speaking of summer, I wonder why there was no detectable smell from the bodies. Even a small dead animal, the stench goes pretty far. Of course the shoreline does have that low tide smell of its own. Was any trace of lime or quick lime detected in any of the sites?

It's funny you mention that because when they began to expand their search I thought for sure that more bodies would be found at the north end of the Robert Moses Causeway because for two summers in a row there was a horrible odor there.

Thinking that even if there was an odour, people would be reluctant to check it out to see if it was deceased animals or humans, maybe they did not really want to know.
imo, speculation.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...h-long-island-in-serial-killer-investigation/

“It could be two men who do this together. One of them doing the killing and the other much more interested in the sex.”
Through dense poison ivy bramble and tick-infested undergrowth a phalanx of Suffolk County investigators intensified the search for the missing New Jersey woman, 24-year-old Shannan Gilbert of Jersey City, and what they found was almost beyond comprehension
Oak Beach residents have said that their property values are suffering as a result of their neighborhood being used as a murderer’s dumping ground.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...roperty-values-decreasing-after-bodies-found/
Gus Coletti, the former president of the Local Homeowner’s Association, said Brewer’s house is on the market for half of its estimated value. He said the home was worth $850,000 two years ago.

About a dozen other homes are now listed for sale in the area.
“Nothing has been selling,” Coletti said. “Right now we’re known as the dumping ground.”

rbbm.

Like a night watchman working on the beach or park service? Or strictly city worker?

I see "official" trucks in and out of the area at all hours. Bay constables, oil spill remediation and so on. Some are state, some Babylon Town, some county trucks too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back