Burlap and Forensics

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Long rolls of burlap are used in construction work for drying concrete quicker and in agriculture. Farmers layer it for weed barriers.

Long rolls of burlap are used in construction work for drying concrete quicker and in agriculture. Farmers layer it for weed barriers.

Bodies wrapped in burlap make more sense and rolled burlap is probably easy to find at job sites. It is used for wind breaks to protect new plantings, erosion control, etc. It will break down eventually with exposure to the elements. Exactly how the bodies were found might be something withheld by LE.

People Magazine says: "Barthelemy, Brainard-Barnes, Costello and Waterman were discovered wrapped in burlap and found within about 500 feet of each other."

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/crime/long-island-serial-killer-gilgo-beach-fbi-profilers-experts/amp/?client=ms-android-sprint-us

"Wrapped in burlap" could also suggest jute carpet backing. Robert Shulman used this for one of his victims.

Wrapped in Burlap or in a Burlap sack?? Which is it? Maybe the LE don't even know if the material had disintegrated significantly.

You can buy vast rolls of the stuff on eBay as i'm sure you know
attachment.php

Attachments

• burlaprolls.JPG
    burlaprolls.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 74
Wrapped in Burlap or in a Burlap sack?? Which is it? Maybe the LE don't even know if the material had disintegrated significantly.

You can buy vast rolls of the stuff on eBay as i'm sure you know
attachment.php
yeah that's the stuff!

Whoever did this sounds like a landscaper to me. No one just goes and buys burlap to wrap people in. I don't think the serial killer thought things out that thoroughly. I think he just happened to have burlap lying around and that's what he used. He definitely won't use it again if he kills again. Only if he wants to taunt the police and FBI he will. Or a copycat will use that.

I think that's the main reason why police don't like to reveal such clues. To prevent copycats from making things more difficult.

Whoever did this sounds like a landscaper to me. No one just goes and buys burlap to wrap people in. I don't think the serial killer thought things out that thoroughly. I think he just happened to have burlap lying around and that's what he used. He definitely won't use it again if he kills again. Only if he wants to taunt the police and FBI he will. Or a copycat will use that.

I think that's the main reason why police don't like to reveal such clues. To prevent copycats from making things more difficult.

Maybe he actually sat down and thought about this. "Where can I do my dirty work for a while that is isolated yet convenient" idea comes and just so happens rolls of burlap are there too. ?? Whatcha think?

I mention the jute carpet backing because I didn't realize how much it resembles burlap. I imagine this stuff is easily bought in bulk from Home Depot or Lowes. It also ties to a method used by Robert Shulman, which points to my POI. I have found a lot of similiarities between Shulman's methods & the dismembered victims along OP & elsewhere. This jute mention was the first time I found a similarity between Shulman's victims & G4.

I disagree. I think the GB killer is an organized killer.

Assuming SG and the gb4 were killed at oak beach, its also possible that bisset knew a local there if he were attending these parties and at some point, that local asked bisset to bring him or her a few rolls of burlap to plant seagrass or whatever. Obviously all speculation but a possibility. I know firsthand that if you live in a private beach community on the north shore of LI and you want to do any work on your beach.. you have to check with the state DEC first. One time we had to repair an area of the bluff and the DEC told us we had to lay out rolls of burlap in order to plant seagrass. Maybe somone at oakbeach was doing a similar project and happened to have extra burlap around.

I'm wondering if the burlap could have come from a local coffee place or a fish and chip joint.These places receive bulk coffee and potatoes in burlap sacks.Also,these types of businesses hire seasonal workers for their busy season June,July,August, and September, also known as The Klling Season. A restaurant worker would get off work later in the evening and that would explain the late calls to the missing women requesting their services.

I wonder, could the use of burlap be some how religious or spiritual? Possibly apart of a ritual of some sort?

The question I ask is, what is the significance of the burlap?

I wonder, could the use of burlap be some how religious or spiritual? Possibly apart of a ritual of some sort?

The question I ask is, what is the significance of the burlap?
I think the killer used burlap to camouflage the victims.

I think the killer used burlap to camouflage the victims.
I agree. LISK does camouflage them during the disposal of the bodies and to get enough time to get away. Somehow i don't see any of the characters we've been talking about in differents threads, Hackett and the JBs, getting rid of these wrapped corpses practically in their backyard.
That's why I'm certain the killer is someone else we've don't know yet. Someone who feels comfortable and knows his way around Gilgo, Ocean Parkway's, even Mannorville's surroundings. And dunno, this man has no problem with disposing of the bodies in a zone that may cause the neighbors became a suspect in the killing.
He may even enjoy to cause trouble because he feels the apparently wealthy OP's folks deserve to be charge with the "*advertiser censored*" murder because they have "a perfect life" and that's not fair

or something

And perhaps that's why he stopped dismembering them? The light bulb went off in his sick twisted but very intelligent mind that would require less work and less risk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

And perhaps that's why he stopped dismembering them? The light bulb went off in his sick twisted but very intelligent mind that would require less work and less risk?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
The bodies would not have been found if a handler and a dog were not looking for SG. They would of been discovered after Hurricane Irene or Sandy hit.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back