By Accident Or On Purpose Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

By Accident or on Purpose Who Killed JonBenet Ramsey?

• An Intruder Killed JonBenet and Covered Up the Crime

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Patsy Ramsey Acted Alone in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

Votes: 23 4.3%
  • John Ramsey Acted Alone in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

Votes: 4 0.7%
  • Burke Killed JonBenet with Patsy and John Helping to Cover Up the Crime

Votes: 394 73.4%
  • John and Patsy Acted Together in Killing JonBenet and Covering Up the Crime

Votes: 30 5.6%
  • Other/I Don't Know

Votes: 48 8.9%

• Total voters
Yes I think the strangulation/garotte was part of the cover up.

Okay. Now, this is where I draw the line ~ :thinking:

A child is bashed in the head but the strangulation that killed her was a cover up.

For what, may I ask, was being covered up?

I don't think any of those above referring to BDI as "absurd" truly meant it as an insult to any BDI members here. I find BDI in general(especially BDI did all) to be absurd as well although those who believe in it do make some good points, valid observations, and there are some damn good contributors to this site who are BDI. In fact, some of my favorite members here believe Burke killed her although eventually those buddies will stop going down the wrong path. :laughing:

THis case has an almost infinite amount of layers to it and the fact so many people believe in different scenarios is one of the reasons there are so many good discussions here on the case.
Did somebody say BDI is absurd? Hmm, I guess I must have missed that. Oh, and I didn't use the word "absurd" in my post. I was just talking about not insulting others and how we're all on the same team...

But now you're saying "I find BDI in general(especially BDI did all) to be absurd".

um... Ok.

Not sure how you missed it since it was right above your own post and then replied about how no one should insult other members.
No. I don't tell other people what they should/shouldn't do. I only spoke for myself.

:sigh:

After talking to kanzz in PM I would like to address something in regards to BDI in general....

Whether its PDI, JDI, BDI, etc. there are literally tons of different types of theories for each "DI". On the surface someone saying they are "BDI-all" means they literally think Burke did everything but there are actually sub-categories for "BDI-all" such as....

Burke bludgeoned her, strangled her, and the parents did the rest
Burke bludgeoned her, strangled her, did part of the staging and the parents did the finishing touches
Burke literally did it ALL......including writing the ransom note

That last category is only believed by a very extreme minority but if/when someone sees a fellow member have a less than positive reaction to reading Burke did it all, its because each person has a different opinion on what that member is saying and how far they are going with Burke "doing it all".

I've seen worse arguments here. I've insulted others here and regretted it. If we all agreed, this case would be solved.

Unrelated to any disagreement:

DeeDee, you posted a question earlier. I'm sure you can come up with several reasons why the strangulation was used to cover-up. People sometimes make really bad decisions in a moment of panic. An entire string of events can get worse and worse. I'd like to understand how a sober driver can hit someone, drive away from the scene and try to hide their car. Desperation is a bad thing. I've known many people who always try to cover-up their mistakes. Granted, I haven't known anyone who committed a murder and tried to cover it up, but there's still time. I have, however, met a man who toppled a pastor with stories of meth and sex--kind of odd when you're sitting next to someone at a birthday party and he's talking about how many Law and Order episodes he inspired. And I was actually naive enough to wonder if he was a writer. It was the Edith Bunker "O" moment.

How could a 9 year old Burke. Kill his baby sister with blunt trama and strangulation without leaving his dna behind?

How could a 9 year old Burke. Kill his baby sister with blunt trama and strangulation without leaving his dna behind?

Oh, that's too easy. The family's DNA is everywhere in the house they live in. It's not a surprise if the police find the family's DNA. The reason why a family match hasn't been leaked--because it won't mean anything. "Hey, we found John's DNA on the door knob and we also found Burke's DNA on his golf clubs, in the basement bathroom, and on the paint tote." Now if it was blood or other unique bodily fluids, you'd have something that would have to be investigated.

We don't have any inside keys to the case. It's hard enough to separate fact from fiction. 20 years of speculation has generated some facts that are like urban legends--they get repeated and repeated until everyone thinks they're true.

Don't forget his tDNA was on her nightie. His prints were on the bowl and glass. I'm willing to bet he left much more evidence than we're aware of.

A child is bashed in the head but the strangulation that killed her was a cover up.

The Rs were selling the story of abduction, making themselves the victims before the police started suspecting them. My guess is that the intention was to find her when the police were convinced of their non involvement. But an invisible head injury does not sell the story, so they used a garrotte. It's very interesting that they chose the only weapon on the planet that you would leave behind. Could have shot, stabbed, hand strangled, or any other method, but there is no shock value in that.

Think of the RN. Does Patsy say "your daughter will be killed"? No, she says "beheaded". They are simply painting a picture that surely couldn't point to themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen worse arguments here.
Absolutely and it wasn't much of an argument...especially the PM exchange. I started to realize that kanzz was right.....not fair for those of us not BDI to simply label BDI as "absurd"(or something worse). Its bordering on insulting their intelligence and we all know that some very intelligent people believe in that theory.

BDI a bit similar to IDI as you cant really lump all IDI together as its theories always ran the gamut from the extreme to something logical(IDI not logical but you get my point).

Fair point but Bold Bear gave the right answer to that question.

More interesting than DNA is how John and Patsy's fibers are in all the key places on her body. This can also be explained away due to them all living together like with the DNA but those fibers were in spots they technically shouldn't be.

Its bordering on insulting their intelligence and we all know that some very intelligent people believe in that theory.

Thank you for saying that. I doubt anyone would call Kolar stupid either. Speaking of Kolar, I checked Amazon and it says his updated book arrives "before Christmas." I'm dying here. Just my luck it would be 11:55PM on the 24th.

More interesting than DNA is how John and Patsy's fibers are in all the key places on her body. This can also be explained away due to them all living together like with the DNA but those fibers were in spots they technically shouldn't be.

46617357.jpg

I don't think any of those above referring to BDI as "absurd" truly meant it as an insult to any BDI members here. I find BDI in general(especially BDI did all) to be absurd as well although those who believe in it do make some good points, valid observations, and there are some damn good contributors to this site who are BDI. In fact, some of my favorite members here believe Burke killed her although eventually those buddies will stop going down the wrong path. :laughing:

THis case has an almost infinite amount of layers to it and the fact so many people believe in different scenarios is one of the reasons there are so many good discussions here on the case.

Right. The person who first mentioned "absurd" was actually referencing PDI'ers. I simply used the same word to illustrate my point: we all have theories here, but honestly, no one knows exactly what happened here and no one's theory should be labeled "absurd" in the first place without a little self-evaluation/self-perspective first. Quite honestly, any theory can be technically defined as "absurd" -- that was my broader point.

Absolutely and it wasn't much of an argument...especially the PM exchange. I started to realize that kanzz was right.....not fair for those of us not BDI to simply label BDI as "absurd"(or something worse). Its bordering on insulting their intelligence and we all know that some very intelligent people believe in that theory.

BDI a bit similar to IDI as you cant really lump all IDI together as its theories always ran the gamut from the extreme to something logical(IDI not logical but you get my point).

You want to know the ironic part? It wasn't even me who first used the word "absurd." And the person who used it was saying it in reference to PDI'ers (specifically about the garrotte). Anyways, sorry if I caused a rift between anyone -- like you said, I am not BDI but some of the best posters here are and I have a lot of respect for them. Cheers everyone.

Nailed it, singularity. In the long haul, I think the exchange proved to be positive because cooler heads prevailed between the two of us and all of it lead to something better. Yeah, it truly wasn't an argument. And singularity didn't start anything, btw.

One thing's for sure -
We are all on Team JB. All fighting for the same cause.

One thing's for sure -
We are all on Team JB. All fighting for the same cause.

We all are. Sorry if my saying the garotte and strangulation was part of the cover up annoyed anyone.

We're all entitled to an opinion.

An accident.

It seems extreme I know, but fact is often stranger than fiction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back