CA - 10 children rescued from horrible conditions, Fairfield, 31 Mar 2018 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
California dad charged with sex crimes after 10 kids rescued from filthy home

The father of 10 children who authorities say were violently abused and living in "horrible" conditions in their Fairfield, California home has been charged with four counts of committing lewd acts with a child under the age of 14.

The new charges were filed against Jonathan Allen, 29, on Thursday as he appeared in Solano County Superior Court with his wife, 31-year-old Ina Rogers.

California dad charged with sex crimes after 10 kids rescued from filthy home

Mom Of 10 Kids Found Living In Squalor Calls Charges Against Her, Husband 'Appalling'

(FAIRFIELD, Calif.) — After 10 children were found “living in squalor,” their mother and her husband were arrested and the children were taken into protective custody, police said Monday.

[...]

The children’s mother told reporters that police have the wrong idea and that she tore apart her own house looking for her missing 12-year-old son, ABC station KGO-TV reported.

“I was afraid that I could not find him. Once that fear sets in, you don’t know what to do,” she said.

She denied that either she or Allen had abused the children.

“Not only do I have 11 children and I’m 30 years old, but I also homeschool all of my children and people don’t agree with that lifestyle and so I’ve had many people question my right to parent and I just feel like this whole situation was exploded,” she told reporters.

Rogers has 11 children, she said, KGO-TV reported. The oldest, a 14-year-old, did not live at home, according to KGO-TV.

“This is absolutely appalling,” Rogers said. “I strive, I thrive on being a good parent to my children. My husband has a lot of tattoos. He looks like a scary individual, and that’s why people are so quick to judge him. But my husband is an amazing person. I am an amazing mother.”

The 10 children were initially placed in the care of Solano County Child Welfare Services, but are now staying with Rogers’ sister and mother in the Bay Area, according to KGO-TV.

Allen is being held on $5.2 million bail, KGO-TV reported.

Video at link: Mom of 10 kids found living in squalor calls charges against her, husband 'appalling'
Just curious.. but don't you have to prove to state about their education? That's what had me confused with that family of 13 in CA. Why didn't state check homeschool? No accusations towards you just curious how many regulations must you follow?

Just curious.. but don't you have to prove to state about their education? That's what had me confused with that family of 13 in CA. Why didn't state check homeschool? No accusations towards you just curious how many regulations must you follow?
And if they had any state assistance, I'd think the house had to have certain amount of space. I know in Michigan it's true.

I checked before and I think you just have to sign an affidavit to homeschool.

MOO

Last edited:
And if they had any state assistance, I'd think the house had to have certain amount of space. I know in Michigan it's true.

not like that in CA its so expensive ppl live w other families and in smaller quarters than expected.

in fact I enrolled my son in kindy for next year the other day, and they had a special affidavit for families who don't have utility bills in their names due to living w other ppl.

not like that in CA its so expensive ppl live w other families and in smaller quarters than expected.

in fact I enrolled my son in kindy for next year the other day, and they had a special affidavit for families who don't have utility bills in their names due to living w other ppl.
Thanks..laws very so much state to state..that's big problem maybe if we all have universal standards we'd get better reaction from family services..like communication from state to state.. good luck with kindergarten..

The parents of 10 children who are accused of multiple felony child abuse charges were ordered Thursday at the close of their probable cause hearing to stand trial.

Ina Rogers, 31, previously pleaded not guilty and has been in jail since May with bail set at nearly $500,000.

Her husband, Jonathan M. Allen, 29, also faces seven counts of torture, four counts of committing lewd acts on a child and nine counts of child cruelty causing injury. He is being held in lieu of $5.2 million bail.

The Judge ended the hearing by ordering Rogers and Allen to return to court Jan. 11 when dates for a jury trial may be set.

Judge orders parents of 10 to stand trial on abuse charges

I’m so glad the 12 year old was able to get away and it resulted in their rescue. I am not at all surprised that additional charges were added. It has been over 4 months and the children are feeling safe so they will share now. I hope they’re all finally seeing how it is supposed to be - loved, fed, educated, clean, happy, playing.

I’m so glad the 12 year old was able to get away and it resulted in their rescue. I am not at all surprised that additional charges were added. It has been over 4 months and the children are feeling safe so they will share now. I hope they’re all finally seeing how it is supposed to be - loved, fed, educated, clean, happy, playing.

I agree!

I'm saddened at how many mothers will just do nothing while their significant other abuses their kids. :(

I agree!

I'm saddened at how many mothers will just do nothing while their significant other abuses their kids. :(
I always considered myself a pacifist, until I had kids. The thought of anyone ever abusing them-- anyone. I'll just think and not say what would await that person, but, you catch my drift. I amaze myself with that and am not proud of it I admit, but, man.

It's still crazy to me how people can birth 10 children (or more), let alone provide for all of them and actually parent them, spend time with them. And I mean no disrespect at all, to the loving and caring parents with that many children, it's just that's super hard to grasp for me. Those loving and caring parents have to have superpowers of some sort. As for these fools that keep popping children and abusing them, I have no words.

I hope they bury them under the jail.

Jonathan Allen and Ina Rogers, both 30, appeared in Department 11 for a readiness conference in front of Judge William J. Pendergast, who rescheduled the proceeding for 8:30 a.m. Dec. 13. He also set a hearing in the case for 10 a.m. Dec. 17.

Court records also indicated the couple will face a trial management conference at 8:30 a.m. Jan. 30 and a jury trial at 9 a.m. Feb. 3, as previously scheduled.

New court dates for Fairfield couple in child torture, assault, endangerment case – Times-Herald

Jonathan Allen, who was scheduled to appear Tuesday in Department 11 for a trial setting, will return to Judge William J. Pendergast’s courtroom at 8:30 a.m. April 13 in the Justice Center in Fairfield. He remains in Solano County Jail, with bail set at $5.2 million.

Ina Rogers, who has been charged with 10 counts of willful child endangerment and pleaded no contest in late 2019, was scheduled for sentencing Wednesday, but Pendergast reset the matter for 8:30 a.m. July 21. She is out of custody after her defense attorney, Barry K. Newman, submitted a motion for her release on Nov. 16 and the judge granted it. At sentencing, Rogers could face up to six years in state prison on one count alone and up to a $10,000 fine, if convicted of a felony.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back