CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess dads fb is closed now.......

Not surprised, David's FB is gone since his parents in W. Va. were traceable on there.

I'm worried since I heard in the presser that the Social Worker Mgr. said they like to eventually place the children with
family. YIKES! Seems to me the extended family may be as corrupted as DT and LT since they did not get involved
to help the children before now. These type problems are often generational. Wonder about DT and LT's upbringing.
IMO, they certainly did NOT have secure loving families.

"And as Louise Turpin’s relatives spoke out, further news emerged about the couple’s earlier lives in a Texas farmhouse where strange vents were found in the closets of the main bedroom.

Residents of tiny Rio Vista, near Fort Worth Texas, said vents in the Turpin’s former house may have been made to keep oxygen flowing to children locked in the closets.

When the family sold up, the new owner found it full of rubbish, indicated the couple were hoarders, just as one of the Turpins’ California neighbours have claimed."

Snip

"Ms Lee said Louise and David failed to attend the funerals of her parents, Phyllis Robinette and Wayne Robinette, who died within months of each other, both in their 60s, in 2016."

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-...r/news-story/534fd3c14ea6af4fdfcda4a1e9ac1307

BBM. oh... this case is getting worse already.

"Neighbours have said the children appeared "afraid" and some were seen digging for food in rubbish bins."

Snip

"Neighbours told CBS2 News that they saw some of the children digging for food in rubbish bins, and picking up trash around the family's home.

They said the children were shy and pale, but did not appear to be in poor health."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/

Ummmm...I think if I saw my neighbors' kids digging in the trash for food, I think I would call someone.

Yesterday, I said the neighbors were not to blame (and they are not, in it's entirety) but on what earth is it ok to not call someone when you see the neighbor kid looking for food in the trash?????????????????????????????????????????????

No, this is not ok to see and then say they didn't think anything was wrong or they didn't involve themselves.

Had she been planning this escape for a while?

"The teen, who was so small that deputies initially thought she was 10 years old, showed them photographs that led them to believe her story so they went to the home to check on the family, Fellows said."

Snip

"Fellows said the girl showed deputies pictures of the conditions inside the home where at least three of her siblings were chained to furniture."

http://www.fox2detroit.com/home/13-...-and-starving-in-perris-home-parents-arrested

THIS article. .... heartbreaking. :tantrum:

Elizabeth Jane, Louise's sister was just on Good Morning America this morning. Some of her comments follow:
She believes the 17 yr. old who escaped and reported is the child named after her (Elizabeth Jane).
Sister lived with Turpin family for a few months in Texas while sister was going to college. David, her BIL used to come
into shower area while she was showering and made a joke of it while making her feel uncomfortable. Creepy.
Sister thought they were "very strict" with their kids and treated sister like one of the kids.

Someone started a go fund me for the 17 year old who escaped. This person appears to make go fund me account quite frequently for people she doesn’t know personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am behind again (you late-nighters sure were busy!!), so I hope this hasn't been discussed. What I really don't understand is how two grown adults can allow this to happen. The thought of suggesting to my husband that we chain up one or both of our grown daughters is absolutely ridiculous. How do two crazies find each other to create a mess like this? The whole thing is so mind boggling...

Now, it's back to work. I'll have to catch up later...

From the director of the Corona Regional Med'l Center (where the 7 adult children were taken):

Dr. Fari Kamalpour and CEO Mark Uffer discuss the treatment of the seven adults siblings who California authorities found being held captive. (ABC News)MoreThe malnourishment that the siblings endured was "systematic" and occurred over a long period of time, Kamalpour said.
"This doesn't happen over three months or six months," Uffer said. "When you see malnutrition in people, it's years."
The malnutrition "absolutely" impacted the children's cognitive and physical development, and the staggering development tends to progressively get worse over time, Kamalpour said.

(From Yahoo link above.)

He was urging people to notice what's off--like when kids who don't go to school are laying sod in the front yard at night.

So, might this not apply to Facebook 'friends' as well? Some family members I've read were cut off from contact on Facebook, but didn't anyone view those videos on Facebook that the mom was posting? I haven't had the wherewithal to view them, myself, based on the comments in here about how awkward and heartbreaking they are. But either no Facebook 'friend' viewed them, or no one was as concerned at the time after viewing them.

It's a bit like the reports coming in now about neighbors seeing them forage in the trash for food. Maybe it's just more clear in hindsight...but certainly, if they were positive *at the time* those kids were looking for food (vs. recovering a lost toy or item), wouldn't they have called authorities? And certainly, if they were 100% sure those kids were being made to *march* around the house (as opposed to the frequent passing in the window of lookalike children), certainly they would have called, wouldn't they? It is true that often things look clearer in hindsight that seem less certain at the time they are happening. Sometimes it's a bad situation; more often (statistically) it's not something authorities need to address. But yes, if you see something that seems 'off,' *keep watching*--even actively so. (I've been doing it with someone on my Facebook acquaintance list for few years, now.)

Not surprised, David's FB is gone since his parents in W. Va. were traceable on there.

I'm worried since I heard in the presser that the Social Worker Mgr. said they like to eventually place the children with
family. YIKES! Seems to me the extended family may be as corrupted as DT and LT since they did not get involved
to help the children before now. These type problems are often generational. Wonder about DT and LT's upbringing.
IMO, they certainly did NOT have secure loving families.

Maybe I got this wrong but I thought she said that usually they like to try to place children, in these situations, with family members where they can but they had not looked at the family yet and she could not comment on this family right now.

Maybe I got it wrong but I hope not. I'm worried, as you said, enelram.

I wonder what they were fed when they were fed...bread? Crackers? And how often?

In an interview with a former neighbor in Texas, she said after the family moved out of their Texas home, they found dozens of empty Vienna sausage cans.

Maybe I got this wrong but I thought she said that usually they like to try to place children, in these situations, with family members where they can but they had not looked at the family yet and she could not comment on this family right now.

Maybe I got it wrong but I hope not. I'm worried, as you said, enelram.

I think the Soc Services person in the presser was speaking in generalities not specifically about this family.
It is going to be a long, long time before any future plans could be considered for these children IMO.

Elizabeth Jane, Louise's sister was just on Good Morning America this morning. Some of her comments follow:
She believes the 17 yr. old who escaped and reported is the child named after her (Elizabeth Jane).
Sister lived with Turpin family for a few months in Texas while sister was going to college. David, her BIL used to come
into shower area while she was showering and made a joke of it while making her feel uncomfortable. Creepy.
Sister thought they were "very strict" with their kids and treated sister like one of the kids.

I was a little disturbed, frankly, at the 'signing' photo sister supplied for the news article I linked upthread. Not sure how to phrase this delicately, and hope I don't cause offense here, but I'm really hoping, in that she is completely estranged from them, that she isn't seeing this as an opportunity to hawk the self-published books she's contributed to (concerning childhood abuse).

*Shudders

I was a little disturbed, frankly, at the 'signing' photo sister supplied for the news article I linked upthread. Not sure how to phrase this delicately, and hope I don't cause offense here, but I'm really hoping, in that she is completely estranged from them, that she isn't seeing this as an opportunity to hawk the self-published books she's contributed to (concerning childhood abuse).

She did say on TV this am that she wants to get in touch with the children. She also made a statement that made my hinky meter jiggle a bit, "I want them (Turpins) to know that our whole family is suffering also." Oh, so now she's a victim here. Sounds like she's inserting herself into this drama. She's suffering also. OKAY......

She did say on TV this am that she wants to get in touch with the children. She also made a statement that made my hinky meter jiggle a bit, "I want them (Turpins) to know that our whole family is suffering also." Oh, so now she's a victim here. Sounds like she's inserting herself into this drama. She's suffering also. OKAY......

Wow, I think she has forgotten who was locked up in that house. I cannot even think of her "suffering" while these children recover that those horrors. My god.

I've never had public water and sewer but the $60 monthly listed in the bankruptcy papers seems low for a house with 15 people. Does that sound normal?

I live by myself and mine is between $40-$50/month.

Sister (who wrote chapters in book compilations) was banned from seeing the kids or speaking to them. Says she's had no cintact for 19 years:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/53579...-kids-reveal-their-strange-secret-upbringing/

From your link: " My parents booked several flights to go see them but when they got there they wouldn't tell them where to go and my parents left crying every time."

Several flights? Why would her parents go to see them after the first time going there and not being told where to go, let alone several times? Wouldn't you think after the first time they would have found out where to go before booking another flight? What she's saying isn't making a whole lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member