CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awkward indeed, makes me so sad. These kids do seem happy at this moment (??), moo...

Did you guys notice in the "Don't be Cruel" video the girls' voices sound really high? Maybe its just me but they practically sound like toddlers...

I noticed this too, their voices are so young.

I wonder what they were fed when they were fed...bread? Crackers? And how often?

"The shocking case quickly prompted questions of how the victims, who ranged in age from 2 to 29 years old, could have been kept in such grim conditions without raising suspicions of neighbors or authorities.

But some experts said it may have been easier for the parents to shield their children from scrutiny because they were home-schooled.

“One of the things that was interesting was, he (Turpin) set up his own home school so the kids were accounted for and not really seen by anybody,” said Sherryll Kraizer, a child-abuse prevention expert and the founder of the Coalition for Children."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-of-13-starved-abused-siblings-idUSKBN1F519Y

This case is very distressing. Especially with more awful details coming out as time goes by. Those poor children. Scratched doors, vents in closets, shackled to beds and furniture, being starved, being isolated, forced to march or do garden work in the middle of the night, being made to memorize scriptures...who know what else went on out of the public eye.

Interesting that it is said they are undergoing cognitive tests as well. Just how developmentally stunted are these poor things?

One thing I noticed, in one or two of the renewal pictures, the eldest boy is kneeling with his hand on his knee. I think I see two bruises on the knuckles of the left hand.

With regard to the Rodrigues family, I am sorry but after checking out their blog and watching their 20th Renewal ceremony video I have a lot of concern for those twelve children as well. Their publicized video of the event gives off very similar vibes to the Turpin's. All of the children look under-nourished, with clothes hanging off the boys' frames and the girls' arms, elbows and shoulders looking even more emaciated than in this case - jmo.

ETA: I saw it tonight on the 6 o'clock news here in New Zealand too. Definitely global now.

Parents who ‘tortured and starved’ 13 children made them march around house for hours daily
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/17/paren...-made-march-around-house-hours-daily-7235702/

"‘They would march back and forth on the second story at night. ‘The light would be on the whole the time, and they would be marching the kids back and forth.’"

Snip

‘I never saw any toys or bicycles.’

Had she been planning this escape for a while?

"The teen, who was so small that deputies initially thought she was 10 years old, showed them photographs that led them to believe her story so they went to the home to check on the family, Fellows said."

Snip

"Fellows said the girl showed deputies pictures of the conditions inside the home where at least three of her siblings were chained to furniture."

http://www.fox2detroit.com/home/13-...-and-starving-in-perris-home-parents-arrested

This case is very distressing. Especially with more awful details coming out as time goes by. Those poor children. Scratched doors, vents in closets, shackled to beds and furniture, being starved, being isolated, forced to march or do garden work in the middle of the night, being made to memorize scriptures...who know what else went on out of the public eye.

Interesting that it is said they are undergoing cognitive tests as well. Just how developmentally stunted are these poor things?

One thing I noticed, in one or two of the renewal pictures, the eldest boy is kneeling with his hand on his knee. I think I see two bruises on the knuckles of the left hand.

With regard to the Rodrigues family, I am sorry but after checking out their blog and watching their 20th Renewal ceremony video I have a lot of concern for those twelve children as well. Their publicized video of the event gives off very similar vibes to the Turpin's. All of the children look under-nourished, with clothes hanging off the boys' frames and the girls' arms, elbows and shoulders looking even more emaciated than in this case - jmo.

ETA: I saw it tonight on the 6 o'clock news here in New Zealand too. Definitely global now.

I just noticed the bruises on his hand that you pointed out. I agree they're suspicious looking. In the same photo, the girl on the far right has bruising around her wrist. There are photos also circulating of one of the young girls with severe bruising around her eyes. Potentially shadows but very, very suspicious looking.

as for the Rodrigues family, the children looo very frail and underfed, I have to agree. They do however look like they get sun and I've noticed some of the children have braces so they have dental care. I'm not saying there is no concern at all just that these kids at least don't look as though they've been locked up with the key thrown away.

Parents who ‘tortured and starved’ 13 children made them march around house for hours daily
http://metro.co.uk/2018/01/17/paren...-made-march-around-house-hours-daily-7235702/

"‘They would march back and forth on the second story at night. ‘The light would be on the whole the time, and they would be marching the kids back and forth.’"

Snip

‘I never saw any toys or bicycles.’

I'm shocked this wouldn't prompt him to at least call for a welfare check. Not that he's responsible or liable... I just would have called myself if I was in those shoes.

"They told ABC News that the children were given "very strict home-schooling" and they would memorise long passages of the Bible, with some striving to memorise it in its entirety.

The grandparents last saw the family about five years ago when they visited them in California, saying the children "looked thin" at the time but the Turpins seemed like a "happy family".

Since then they had kept in touch with their son by phone, but they had not spoken to their grandchildren because their parents would often call when they weren't with the kids, they said."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/christian-couple-who-starved-held-11859360

Home schooling that involves memorizing long passages of the Bible also seems to suggest that the mother had absolutely no idea how or what to teach children, so she fell back on the Bible as her only curriculum source. I wonder if the children can read or if they just had to memorize through reciting.

This story seems to have gone world wide!! Just saw a report on Australian A Current Affair. This is going to be an awful trial!!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...exhibit-cult-like-behaviour-says-psychiatrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so glad to hear this news has gone global because hopefully it will make more people aware of what can go on behind closed doors. Maybe it will spark some questions with other neighbours or families who have concerns or suspicions.

We all seem to think it is unbelievable something like this is happening - but sadly it clearly is, this will not be a unique situation, rare maybe, but not unique. IMO we all have a duty of care to each other wherever we are. A fear of being considered nosy, interfering or just a desire not to get involved allows these situations to perpetuate.

I am horrified for the children of this family, I'm beyond words. I watched the presser yesterday and was so moved by the officials who are now caring for these children, their obvious concern and empathy for the life these children have silently endured. I am sure they will be treated with dignity, respect, care and love now.

Trying hard to keep up but this thread is moving so fast with more information. Thanks to all here. x

I just got on here, missed a bunch. But this is whole thing is getting scarier. omg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member