CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really see him as smiley per se. more of the “well here we are” face. I can’t really verbalize it. But when LT smiles, it appears to me like she’s genuinely amused or happy, not a care in the world about how she treated her children. Like it’s a big joke to her. JMO

ETA just watched the beginning of the video posted below and see him smiling and laughing. Gross. They are disgusting human beings and I can’t wait for justice to be served.

On the video that was on the Media live (they have a pool camera) only time I saw him smile was just in speaking with his attorney and it was just a causal not giggly. They even zoomed into his face (why not sure ) but he did not even look to the cameras. I sure it is intimidating, I take her actions as nervous not as enjoying. Lots of people have that. I have a nervous laugh at times. Sometimes ss of a video catches it different than it actually was in context. I feel pretty sure his attorney told him what to do and not do, it all about perception as you see, from peoples comments. JMHO

Hmm, I think she may be attracted to her lawyer, based upon her body language (like she is sitting close for protection) and her laughing response to him when he was turned toward her trying to get the March date confirmed. Plus nerves.

The Judge was asking for their approval to waive the speedy trial. He was just making sure she understood, and agreed. It was just nerves nothing more, jmho. She has to sit next to him. Notice he was at the end of table prior then moved over next to her for the proceedings.
Link statute waiving speedy trial.
http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/1382.html

On the video that was on the Media live (they have a pool camera) only time I saw him smile was just in speaking with his attorney and it was just a causal not giggly. They even zoomed into his face (why not sure ) but he did not even look to the cameras. I sure it is intimidating, I take her actions as nervous not as enjoying. Lots of people have that. I have a nervous laugh at times. Sometimes ss of a video catches it different than it actually was in context. I feel pretty sure his attorney told him what to do and not do, it all about perception as you see, from peoples comments. JMHO

ETA I saw the stills of them smiling at one another. I just took it as they probably glad to see on another, and love one another. Don't throw tomatoes - so far to me looks like they are not going to request for the cases to be split (different trials I mean).

I wonder what the documents that the People (State) subpoenaed the Court for (documents the Court had received)? They also wanted chain of custody of those documents. Judge said they would be provided copies.

2/23/18
The next court date in the case is March 23, to go over the status of proceedings. May 14 has been set aside tentatively for the preliminary hearing.

Lawyers for the Turpins walked away briskly, with David Macher, David Turpin's attorney, answering a string of questions with "I can't comment on that." He reiterated that both clients pleaded not guilty to the new charges and that "a lot of evidence" exists, likely postponing the preliminary hearing. https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/us/turpins-child-torture-case/index.html

Refresher Initials and birth order
1. (F) Jen 07/28/1988 *ancestry
2. (M) Jos 02/03/1992 * ancestry
3. (F) Jes 11/03/1993 * ancestry
4. (M) Jon 11/17/1995 * ancestry
5. (F) Joy 05/21/1997 * ancestry
6. (F) Jul 06/15/1998 * Texas birth index
7. (F) Jea 07/27/1999 *Texas birth index
8. (F) Jor *paternal grandmother obit
9. (M) Jam *paternal grandmother obit
10. (F) Joa *paternal grandmother obit
11. (F) Jol *paternal grandmother obit
12. (F) Julis *paternal grandmother obit ***JOLIS on the Complaint counts
13. (F) Jan *4/2015 *parents FB account photo

UPDATE
8. (F) Jor 11/16/2000 ** will be 18 Nov 2018 **complaint info
13. (F) Jan *03/20/15 ** Complaint

http://riverside.courts.ca.gov/media/first_amended_complaint.pdf
View attachment 130609
The above named defendants DAVID ALLEN TURPIN AND LOUISE ANN TURPIN committed a violation of section 206 of the Penal Code, a felony, in that on or about 6/11/2010 through and including 1/14/18, in the County of Riverside, State of California, the defendant(s) did wilfully and unlawfully and with the intent to cause cruel or extreme pain and suffering for the purpose of revenge, extortion, persuasion, or for any sadistic purpose, inflicted great bodily injury upon the person of another, to wit : (name of victims for this count)

13# stayed the same
That the above named defendant DAVID ALLEN TURPIN committed a violation of Penal Code section 288, subdivision (b), subsection (1), a felony, in that on or about 11/16/2012 through and including 11/15/2013, in the County of Riverside, State of California, the defendant did wilfully, unlawfully, and lewdly commit a lewd and lascivious act upon and with the body and certain parts and members thereof of JANE DOE (JOR.T), a child under the age of fourteen years, by use of force, violence, duress, menace, and fear of immediate and unlawful bodily injury, with the intent of arousing, appealing to, and gratifying the lust, passions, and sexual desires of the said defendant and the said child.

View attachment 130610
The above named defendants DAVID ALLEN TURPIN AND LOUISE ANN TURPIN committed a violation of Penal Code section 368, subdivision (b), subsection (1), a felony in that on or about ..... through and including 1/14/18, in the County of Riverside, State of California, the defendant(s) did wilfully and unlawfully, under circumstances and conditions likely to produce great bodily harm and death, cause and permit an elder and dependent adult, to wit (victim name), with knowledge that he/she was an elder and dependent adult, to suffer, and inflicted thereon unjustifiable physical pain and mental suffering, and having care and custody there of did wilfully cause and permit the person and health of the elder and dependent adult to be injured and placed in a situation where such person and health were endangered.

View attachment 130611
That the avove named defendants DAVID ALLEN TURPIN AND LOUISE ANN TURPIN committed a violation of Penal Code section 273a, a subdvision (a), a felony, in that, on or about .... through and including ..., in the County of Riverside, State of California, the defendant(s) did wilfully and unlawfully, under circumstances and conditions likely to produce great bodily harm and death, cause and permit a child (victim name), to suffer, and inflicted thereon unjustifiable physical pain and mental suffering, and having the care and custody of said child, did wilfully cause and permit the person and health of said child be injured and did wilfully cause and permit said child to be placed in such a situation that (his/her) person and health was endangered
View attachment 130612

That the above named defendants DAVID ALLEN TURPIN AND LOUISE ANN TURPIN committed a violation of Penal Code section 236, a felony, in that on or about 1/2015/15 through and including 1/14/2018, in the County of Riverside, State of California, the defendant(s) did wilfully and unlawfully, by violence, menace, fraud, and deceit, violate the personal liberty of (victim name)

That the above named defendant LOUISE ANN TURPIN committed a violation of Penal Code section 245, subdivision (a), subsection (4), a felony, in that on or about 1/15/2015 through and including 1/14/2018, in the County of Riverside, State of California, the defendant did willfully and unlawfully commit an assault upon JANE DOE (JOR.T.), by means of force likely to produce great bodily injury. *I spelled willfully just as they did, which were different in various places*

Counts:
1-12 = 206
13 = Lewd act Against JOR / David
14 - 20 = 368 " elder dependent"
21 - 29 = child suffering (not complete but was trying to split out counts)
30 - 41 = violated personal liberty
42 = against JOR / Louise

The kids who were under the dates on various charges end the day prior to 18th birthday. In the case of JOR she will be 18, Nov 2018. JOR is also the victim who escaped 1/14/18 and called 911

1 Jen = 1, 14, 30
2 Jos = 2, 15, 31
3 Jes = 3, 25, 32
4 Jon = 4, 17, 33
5 Joy = 5, 18, 21, 34
6 Jul = 6, 19, 22, 35
7 Jea = 7, 20, 23, 36
8 Jor = 8, 13, 24, 37, 42
9 Jam = 9, 25, 38
10 Joa =10. 26, 39
11 Jol = 11, 27, 40
12 Jolis =12, 28, 41
13 Jan = 29 (3/20/15 -1/14/18) dob ;)

So dates 6/11/10 is beginning date over all and ending is 1/14/18

Something happened 1/15/15 that started all the other charges as a start date. 2 months and 5 days before the baby #13 was born 3/20/2015,

ETA: the end date is 1 day prior to exactly 3 year mark. :thinking: So I am thinking that they are going back 3 years using Jan 15, 2015 like they did on birthday cut offs. So the baby being born some how is the time when Counts 14 - 42 happened. IIRC they said started planning 2 years ago?

Sure it could be partially nerves. But I see her as flirty and antsy. Yes DT was laughing when talking to his attorney, but I don’t think it’s appropriate for them to be laughing for ANY reason in their situation. I don’t think he looks intimidating, I think he knows he’s in deep doodoo and that his life is over.

What did his lawyer mean at the end when he was talking about the media and then said DT would appear as present?
Do they have him appearing somehow different than he is normally (daily in jail)? Do they have him drugged?
I'm (as usual) confused.

Usually, criminal defendants appear at all pre-trial hearings in their jailhouse orange jumpsuits.

The lawyer filed a motion to allow them to appear in street clothes, and it was granted so long as it is not an inconvenience for the jail.

It would be an inconvenience for the jail because the jailers have to make extra time for the Turpins to change clothes. They have to find them a room to change clothes--probably at the courthouse. (The jail and the courthouse might be in the same building.)

Do they have him drugged?

Oh, heavens no. Defendants need to be alert and sober when they appear in court so that any consent they may give will be voluntary.

yes, the question was" it is our understanding he will appear as he is in future Court hearings". My thought was that he would continue to wear his wig?. Because otherwise, it will be referencing street clothes, but judge followed with... it will be up to the sheriff about that.

I don´t think he wears a wig, this is his own hair.

UPDATE

Does anyone have a link to the paternal grandmother obit? I thought David's mom was still alive? (in West Virginia, saying they are good parents, etc)?

Harry Potter is fine, but I hope that the videos that the older ones are watching are not all fantasy/fiction......they have only known the netherworld..... There are wonderful nature and science documentaries, biographies, histories, etc.......JMO

UPDATE
Thank you for the update. Much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LT looked really nervous - spinning in her chair, smacking her lips, looking around. I think she knows she's going away for a very long time.
Because she is a genuine bonafide nutcase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Because she is a genuine bonafide nutcase.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

She may be hoping an insanity defense will work if she acts this way. Dream on, honey. Mentally ill or not, you knew what you did was wrong.

Does anyone have a link to the paternal grandmother obit? I thought David's mom was still alive? (in West Virginia, saying they are good parents, etc)?

You are correct it was DT grandmother's obit (kids great grandmother). I knew someone would and did correct after I had already posted. I hate that can't edit until after a certain period of time. But in some cases it makes sense because if did the correction would be way past what is current.
I also made another typo on the charges list. I posted Count 25 twice when it should have been 16. Both errors matter. Thank you for catching that.

1/18/18 is when initial Complaint was filed. Per DA presser prior to the Arraignment

12- 206 Torture
1 - 288(b)(1) Lewd act on a child under 14
7 - 368(b)(1) abuse of dependent adult
6 - 273(a)(a) child abuse/neglect
12 - 236 false imprisonment
For a total of 38 Counts -- 37 for both DT & LT and 1 for DT only

2/23/18 First Amended Complaint 42 accounts
12- 206 Torture
1 - 288(b)(1) Lewd act on a child under 14
7 - 368(b)(1) abuse of dependent adult
9 - 273(a)(a) child abuse/neglect *3 additional*
12 - 236 false imprisonment
1 - 245(a)(4) assault with means of force likely to produce great bodily injury (GBI)
For a total of 42 Counts -- 41 for both DT & LT (40 Counts they share and 1 ea for DT &
LT separately)

OK the 4 NEW charges are because for the charge of 273(a)(a) child abuse/neglect, originally they were going by dates 1) 1/1/2010 - 1/14/2018 and only for the 6 minors on 1/14/18.

In the First Amended they changed the the date beginning the 273(a)(a) child abuse/neglect FROM 1/1/2010 TO 1/15/2015.

This is 3 of the NEW Counts because 3 of the 13 were minors between 1/15/2015 until the day before their 18th birthday. So those 3 charges added
JOY 1/15/2015 until day prior to 18th birthday 5/20/2015 (count 21 on Amended Complaint 2/23/18)
JUL 1/15/2015 until day prior to 18th birthday 6/14/2016 (count 22 on Amended Complaint 2/23/18)
JEA 1/15/2015 until day prior to 18th birthday 7/26/2017 (count 23 on Amended Complaint 2/23/18)

1 NEW Count against LT 245(a)(4) assault with means of force likely to produce great bodily injury (GBI)
JOR 1/15/2015 - 1/14/2018 (count 42 on Amended Complaint 2/23/18)

JMHO from going over documents and making notes. http://riverside.courts.ca.gov/media/high-interest-cases.shtml

1 NEW Count against LT 245(a)(4) assault with means of force likely to produce great bodily injury (GBI)
JOR 1/15/2015 - 1/14/2018 (count 42 on Amended Complaint 2/23/18)

PC 245(a)(4) assault with means of force likely to produce great bodily injury (GBI)

Assault with means likely to produce great bodily injury (GBI) is charged where the defendant uses intentional force against against person that is reasonably likely to severely harm that other person. For example, pushing someone down a flight of stairs (PC 245(a)(4). Likely to produce great bodily injury means that if the defendant's attempt to harm another person was actually successful than more than ordinary harm would have occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueeyes1981