GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turpin abuse case: Attorney plans to request that trial be moved out of Riverside County

An attorney representing David Turpin ... is planning to ask a judge to move the couple’s 2019 trial out of Riverside County.
The motions, including a change of venue request, will be heard beginning Aug. 12.
The next court appearance is Feb. 22 for a trial readiness conference, at which time the judge will make sure both sides are on track, Macher said.

Their Sept. 3 trial is set to take place nearly two years after they were arrested.

“PERRIS, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California house where police say a couple tortured or abused most of their 13 children is for sale.

The auction for the four-bedroom house with an appraised value of more than $350,000 ends Wednesday.”

California house in tortured-children case is up for sale

The auction site:
https://www.hudsonandmarshall.com/property-details/160-muir-woods-road-perris-92570-ca-united-states
If the house is being sold, where did all of their stuff (and God, it was a ton of stuff) go to?

“PERRIS, Calif. (AP) — A Southern California house where police say a couple tortured or abused most of their 13 children is for sale.

The auction for the four-bedroom house with an appraised value of more than $350,000 ends Wednesday.”

The auction site:
https://www.hudsonandmarshall.com/property-details/160-muir-woods-road-perris-92570-ca-united-states
We had a couple of similar cases in New England. Both times, the house was demolished. One I know they put a memorial park up in its place. I don’t know if I could live there? Yikes! I hope the money goes into a trust for the 13.

We had a couple of similar cases in New England. Both times, the house was demolished. One I know they put a memorial park up in its place. I don’t know if I could live there? Yikes! I hope the money goes into a trust for the 13.

The money is probably going to the lender. I believe the house is in foreclosure.

This article talks about no disclosure of history of the house in the marketing of it.

Turpin ‘House of Horrors’ up for sale
“Although the alleged crimes were not included in the property’s description, a customer service representative for Hudson and Marshall told the Press-Enterprisethat the home’s past had been brought to their attention, and the company asked the property owner to provide that information.
However, according to a local real estate agent, state law only requires owners selling a property to disclose any deaths within the past three years or if there had been an exposure to a controlled substance, such as from a methamphetamine or fentanyl lab.
There is no legal requirement to reveal any other criminal actions related to a property, perhaps just an ethical one.”

Interesting...I was looking up one of the cases I was referring to, to see whatever happened to the awful lady that was convicted and see they made a TV movie about her - starring Kirstie Alley - no joke! Her and her husband, along with many other crimes and forms of abuse, kept a woman locked in their basement for 20 years, away from her children. Horrible. The misdeeds of mother

The auction site:

The house sold for $310K.
Here’s how much the house in Perris where children allegedly were tortured sold for – Press Enterprise

Well, I am actually really surprised that it didn't leak way earlier, I'm thinking they wouldn't let that happen until the house was sold. I'm not sure if it was the new owner, or the seller that allowed people to get inside and film the house, probably the seller because I can't really imagine they would sell this house with all of that inside(?). Looks like a ton of stuff was already taken out. Probably a bunch of that was actually taken by LE. That house had to be full of stuff because, just look how much of it was left behind... That drawing is, most likely saved in evidence, probably a picture was taken of it. They couldn't possibly remove all of the stuff and take it to evidence, they probably took pictures of the stuff that they didn't absolutely need to remove from the house.

Great, the Turpins can't claim "indigent", they can spend every dime on their defense.

The children can probably file a civil lawsuit against their parents to get the money.

Great, the Turpins can't claim "indigent", they can spend every dime on their defense.

The children can probably file a civil lawsuit against their parents to get the money.

The mortgage lender got the sale money as Turpins have not paid the mortgage since arrest....IMO. I don’t see how the children can get any of this money.

Yeah, David and Louise didn't get any money. It's quite possible that they have been missing payments way before the arrest was made, taking into consideration their horrid spending habits and multiple bankrupcies, but I'm just speculating at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisstressNifer