GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooookay. Not sure how that in any way will "explain" her treatment of the children. Or maybe the request is not at all related to the case; her lawyer is just tired of the googly eyes she makes at him.

Yeah, using that possible condition is a stretch at best. I think it was a long shot attempt by the attorney to avoid prosecution.

Sorry Skipper, I didn't see that you brought over the same information!

I'm surprised they're sitting next to each other. Is it just me, or was LT able to get her hair dyed?

Not a problem at all.
I was a little surprised to see them sitting next to each other as well. I wonder if that had to be approved beforehand? I think they should be kept apart, since it seems fairly obvious that they feed off each other.
Interestingly, if the ploy by the attorney had worked, it would have him facing the charges alone. Then I think we would have heard a lot of "he was at work, it was all her doing" arguments.
The ploy didn't work. And they both knew exactly what was going on for years.

Not a problem at all.
I was a little surprised to see them sitting next to each other as well. I wonder if that had to be approved beforehand? I think they should be kept apart, since it seems fairly obvious that they feed off each other.
Interestingly, if the ploy by the attorney had worked, it would have him facing the charges alone. Then I think we would have heard a lot of "he was at work, it was all her doing" arguments.
The ploy didn't work. And they both knew exactly what was going on for years.

At one point a female lawyer sits between them all the time. Unless she moved to talk to someone else. At one point one of the Turpins, usually LT, used to sit at the end of the table but that allowed them to have eye contact and they would try to communicate. I believe it was Louise that would try to talk to her husband. He usually looks down or away

Also, the guards have intervened and told the Turpins not to talk to each other in the past.

As to a hair dye....from what I remember in some jails, for court appearances hair care like cuts are allowed...I don’t know about hair coloring. I know some prisons have training beauty salons where approved inmates can get hair care like coloring, cut, etc done. The inmates have to have earned the privilege just as the inmates cutting the hair have to earn that privilege.

Not being funny, if she is allowed shoe dye, she may have used that or been given the okay to get her hair colored. Guess it would be up to the state, county, court, etc.
What ever tules they have

I am glad the Judge knew about the law and denied The defenses request for LT. What a way to get out of the crime.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Sorry about any mistakes in spelling and spacing my cursor is gone and all funny things are happening...so bye for now

I don't recall knowing for sure that DT was still employed at the time of his arrest but it sounds like he was. I hope the company sterilizes the laptop before issuing it to a new employee.

Leticia Juarez@ABC7Leticia
Replying to @ABC7Leticia
Other Court business: A trial readiness hearing has been set for Nov. 30th. Financial records from Fidelity released to prosecution. And the prosecution requested the release of David Turpin’s work laptop back to Northrop Grumman. They have copied it and the company wants it back​

At one point a female lawyer sits between them all the time. Unless she moved to talk to someone else. At one point one of the Turpins, usually LT, used to sit at the end of the table but that allowed them to have eye contact and they would try to communicate. I believe it was Louise that would try to talk to her husband. He usually looks down or away

Also, the guards have intervened and told the Turpins not to talk to each other in the past.

As to a hair dye....from what I remember in some jails, for court appearances hair care like cuts are allowed...I don’t know about hair coloring. I know some prisons have training beauty salons where approved inmates can get hair care like coloring, cut, etc done. The inmates have to have earned the privilege just as the inmates cutting the hair have to earn that privilege.

Not being funny, if she is allowed shoe dye, she may have used that or been given the okay to get her hair colored. Guess it would be up to the state, county, court, etc.
What ever tules they have

I am glad the Judge knew about the law and denied The defenses request for LT. What a way to get out of the crime.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Sorry about any mistakes in spelling and spacing my cursor is gone and all funny things are happening...so bye for now

Replying to my own post

I looked at LT hair today. It is very dark grey throughout. I do,not think she has been dyeing it. It could be simple things like lightening, when she was able, wash it last, shampoo she is able to use....any, all or none of the above gives an illusion of all dark hair.

I haven't seen anything in MSM recently regarding the siblings and how they are doing. I hope their education is progressing smoothly. I know it will be difficult. I also hope that they will be having the best Thanksgiving and Christmas season that they have ever had!

The harrowing story of the Turpin 13 will be told in the Channel 5 documentary, Tortured By Mum and Dad?: The Turpin 13. An official synopsis of the documentary reads: "This documentary investigates the shocking story of David and Louise Turpin, who kept their 13 children imprisoned in their own home until they were found in January 2018 when one of the siblings escaped and called the police. This programme shines a light on the mystery of how an unassuming suburban family in California managed to hide their dark and sinister secret for so long", reports the Radio Times.

Tortured By Mum and Dad?: The Turpin 13 airs on Channel 5 at 10 p.m. on Thursday 22 November.

Channel 5's Horrifying New Documentary Follows The Turpin 13's Escape From Captivity

Has anyone seen this?

The harrowing story of the Turpin 13 will be told in the Channel 5 documentary, Tortured By Mum and Dad?: The Turpin 13. An official synopsis of the documentary reads: "This documentary investigates the shocking story of David and Louise Turpin, who kept their 13 children imprisoned in their own home until they were found in January 2018 when one of the siblings escaped and called the police. This programme shines a light on the mystery of how an unassuming suburban family in California managed to hide their dark and sinister secret for so long", reports the Radio Times.

Tortured By Mum and Dad?: The Turpin 13 airs on Channel 5 at 10 p.m. on Thursday 22 November.

Channel 5's Horrifying New Documentary Follows The Turpin 13's Escape From Captivity

Has anyone seen this?

I haven't watched it yet but I found it posted online (oddly the images/text are reversed). Looks like it originally aired 6 months ago.

www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jochd

Friday, Nov. 30th:
*Trial Readiness Hearing for both (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018, Perris) - *David Allen Turpin (57) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 8 counts of perjury for "filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a fulltime education in a private day school. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
*Louise Ann Turpin (49) arrested & charged (1/18/18) with: 12 counts of torture, 9 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 5 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment, 1 count of felony assault. Plead not guilty. Bail set at $12M. Faces up to 94 years to life in prison.
1/24/18: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
6/21/18 Update: Judge dismisses 1 count of child abuse/endangerment against D & L for 2 yr. old, & accepted all other charges. Next post prelim arraignment hearing for 8/3.
8/3/18 Update: Children request their birth certs, IDS & a camera that was taken away from home to be returned to them. Judge grants requests. Defense asks for postponement for this hearing. Re-scheduled for August 31.

8/31/18 Update: A demur has been filed for David in regards to the perjury charges against him. The judge has determined the perjury charges can remain. Cites children's lack of education as related to other charges such as child abuse charges. Perjury charges stem from David falsely claiming he was homeschooling children. Both Turpins have entered not guilty pleas to all counts now. Will return to court on Friday October 5th for a trial readiness conference. Medical documents have also been subpoenaed from clinics that examined children. Hearing has ended.with the trial possibly starting within 60 days afterward.
10/5/18 Update: Judge denies the defense request to have LT diverted to mental-health court, she could have been treated for 2 years & the charges against her in the Perris torture case dropped. Claiming "Histrionic Personality Disorder". Financial records from Fidelity released to prosecution. And the prosecution requested the release of David Turpin’s work laptop back to Northrop Grumman. They have copied it & the company wants it back. A trial readiness hearing has been set for Nov. 30th.

This reminds me of the story of "Genie", a young girl abused and neglected by her parents for years. Genie was never able to take care of herself after being locked in a room for years. Apparently, there is a specific time frame for cognitive behavioral learning, and if the brain is not stimulated at that time, it is so "stunted", that subsequent learning is almost impossible.

I hope that the children will be okay. Genie lives in a group home for disabled adults. Ironically, Genie was also from California.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member