GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The siblings are trying to establish their own lives now. They requested and received permission to get their birth certificates, IDs, and a camera:

Turpin children request their birth certificates, IDs in court hearing

So glad to hear it. They have kept out of the spotlight, but they are moving forward.

I don't really understand that. Why don't they just apply for duplicate birth certificates, and then get new IDs. Somebody needs to help them with that, and get them cameras.

I don't really understand that. Why don't they just apply for duplicate birth certificates, and then get new IDs. Somebody needs to help them with that, and get them cameras.
Because it's their stuff... LE doesn't need it anymore, why shouldn't they be able to keep it? I don't really know how much work it actually takes to get that stuff done but I can imagine that getting new birth certificates might just be kind of annoying and too much bureaucracy. Also, people in the US don't have to pay to get that kind of stuff done (like, new ID's and birth certificates)? If so, half of them are dependant adults that, as far as we know, don't have a job, and the other half are underage children. As for the camera, it might be because they have pictures or videos there and want it back, which is understandable. At some point, all of the things found in the home that were not collected as evidence will need to go somewhere.

Because it's their stuff... LE doesn't need it anymore, why shouldn't they be able to keep it? I don't really know how much work it actually takes to get that stuff done but I can imagine that getting new birth certificates might just be kind of annoying and too much bureaucracy. Also, people in the US don't have to pay to get that kind of stuff done (like, new ID's and birth certificates)? If so, half of them are dependant adults that, as far as we know, don't have a job, and the other half are underage children. As for the camera, it might be because they have pictures or videos there and want it back, which is understandable. At some point, all of the things found in the home that were not collected as evidence will need to go somewhere.

I understand it's theirs, but it's also evidence, and it might take years for them to get the stuff back. They shouldn't wait that long. Yes there is a fee of about $25 to get the birth certificates, but the state could and I would think would waive the fees. If they don't waive the fees, some of the funds that were collected for them could be used to pay for it. That seems like a better solution to me than waiting until the legal proceedings are finished, which is going to be a long time.

Secret shame that sparked Turpin family horror

Louise's sister has written a book. (((((Yawn)))))

A new book by another one of Louise’s sister, Elizabeth Flores, detailed how the accused child abuser was obsessed with witchcraft, Satanic rituals and Ouija boards.

“She told me she was messing around with witchcraft. It just really freaked me out,” Ms Flores told the New York Daily News in an interview about the book Sister of Secrets.

60 Minutes will be covering this story tonight if anyone is interested.

I am glad they were finally caught and these children can live in peace. I really wish the sister didn’t release this book and then go on national TV to promote it. It is just so tacky to do that. The children don’t need to be reminded of the pain they went through.

I understand it's theirs, but it's also evidence, and it might take years for them to get the stuff back. They shouldn't wait that long. Yes there is a fee of about $25 to get the birth certificates, but the state could and I would think would waive the fees. If they don't waive the fees, some of the funds that were collected for them could be used to pay for it. That seems like a better solution to me than waiting until the legal proceedings are finished, which is going to be a long time.

Well for one, in CA, you need to get a notarized statement that you are the person on the birth certificate or someone who is allowed to receive a certified copy. It’s pretty hard to get something notarized without any ID. I am sure Texas also requires some form of ID in order to get a certified copy of your birth certificate.

Well for one, in CA, you need to get a notarized statement that you are the person on the birth certificate or someone who is allowed to receive a certified copy. It’s pretty hard to get something notarized without any ID. I am sure Texas also requires some form of ID in order to get a certified copy of your birth certificate.

Yup. State governments know about identity theft & and extremely careful with birth records.

Plus, those individuals were apparently denied their very personhood for their entire lives. They've made a simple request and I hope their documents are returned quickly.

I was under the impression that their request was to be met, since it was stated that LE didn't need those items anymore.

I was under the impression that their request was to be met, since it was stated that LE didn't need those items anymore.

Either way, I don't know why they are waiting for it. They could have gotten new birth certificates and IDs buy now.

Either way, I don't know why they are waiting for it. They could have gotten new birth certificates and IDs buy now.

I think too much is being made of this. I can see them contemplating getting a job or getting education or something, and talking to their caretaker about it, and the caretaker telling them that they would need IDs, and then turning around and asking the court if they can have their IDs before buying new ones, in case that wasn't necessary. A casual request, relayed to the court, and the court agreed.

BBM

Interesting misspelling, in the Freudian slip category.

Yes, we've talked about this enough, but this group of crime victims should not have to assemble needed documents in order to BUY documents that exist & are held by LE 7 no longer needed by LE.

Unless/until they start selling interviews or are able to qualify for disability (which requires a birth certificate, BTW) these individuals have no income, needed along with documents to buy new birth certificates....

BBM

Interesting misspelling, in the Freudian slip category.

Yes, we've talked about this enough, but this group of crime victims should not have to assemble needed documents in order to BUY documents that exist & are held by LE 7 no longer needed by LE.

Unless/until they start selling interviews or are able to qualify for disability (which requires a birth certificate, BTW) these individuals have no income, needed along with documents to buy new birth certificates....

LOL.

I think too much is being made of this. I can see them contemplating getting a job or getting education or something, and talking to their caretaker about it, and the caretaker telling them that they would need IDs, and then turning around and asking the court if they can have their IDs before buying new ones, in case that wasn't necessary. A casual request, relayed to the court, and the court agreed.

You are probably right. I just know that if it was me, and a court was holding my ID and birth certificate, I would just apply for new copies rather than going to court and trying to get the originals back. They could have already had new documents months ago.

I just looked through 3 pages there and didn't see it - if anyone can provide a direct link that would be great.

Yup. State governments know about identity theft & and extremely careful with birth records.

Plus, those individuals were apparently denied their very personhood for their entire lives. They've made a simple request and I hope their documents are returned quickly.

I had to get a birth certificate, back in the 80's in order to get a passport because the certificate I had with my little footprint was not sufficient. And I found out the hospital had burned down. I had to go through the govt bureau of census, and it took six weeks, and I had other established ID. A lot of red tape and verification.

Was everyone even born in a hospital? LE has copies. And, I think they have good guidance going forward.

These children might not, probably do not have social security numbers. I imagine they want to establish themselves, get on the radar, bank account, school possibilities, drivers license, photo ID, library card, etc.

Very empowering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member