GUILTY CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of LT’s siblings talking about adopting/wanting to adopt, I think they are coming from a sense of duty. These are Southerners. They feel that “family” needs to take care of family. They may not be the right ones to have custody (I agree they are not.) But they seem to mean well.

Given that they have families of their own, it makes sense to split the kids. This is the way extended families have always dealt with caring for kids when the parents couldn’t. One relative takes two or three, another takes one or two, etc. It goes back to medieval times or further. Family took care of their own, but they had to spread the burden.

I am not saying it would be good for the kids— And as I already said, I agree that the extended family members should not have custody. But I think these younger siblings of LT are trying to do what is right.

There is no talk of anyone adopting all 13 because it is rare to adopt adults. They are talking about adopting only the minor children. Interestingly, the teen who escaped and exposed the abuse will be turning 18 in Nov (?) and won’t be a minor.

I do understand that hardly anyone can take in 13 people. But how many underage siblings are there? 6? If they were planning on taking in half of the underage siblings each, that I would understand. But what about the adults? Are they just left to survive? Because they have nothing, no education, no life skills (as it has been reported). What is the plan for these adults? And what is the plan for the kids that don't really have an education either and, some of them, stand at high school age? This is hard and I don't think these family members understand that we're talking about very damaged people that really, really, really need the right help. I still think that no family member that is having contact with either David or Louise should have contact with any of the siblings as long as the case is still going. It really saddens me that one of the sisters is going out of her way to exploit her own nieces and nephews.

Tonight’s episode of “Law and Order: SVU” is based on the Turpins, FYI. They even mention, “Like the Turpin family our in California.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do understand that hardly anyone can take in 13 people. But how many underage siblings are there? 6? If they were planning on taking in half of the underage siblings each, that I would understand. But what about the adults? Are they just left to survive? Because they have nothing, no education, no life skills (as it has been reported). What is the plan for these adults? And what is the plan for the kids that don't really have an education either and, some of them, stand at high school age? This is hard and I don't think these family members understand that we're talking about very damaged people that really, really, really need the right help. I still think that no family member that is having contact with either David or Louise should have contact with any of the siblings as long as the case is still going. It really saddens me that one of the sisters is going out of her way to exploit her own nieces and nephews.

I agree that none of the relatives should have custody. And I definitely get badvibes from Elizabeth Flores, the one who visited DT and LT in jail and then wanted to visit the older kids so she could report on it all on TV.

However, I don’t think the two siblings who have been talking about adoption (Teresa and Billy) are ignoring the older kids or being self-entered when they are talking about splitting up the younger ones. I think they are trying to do what they think is right. They are in a very uncomfortable situation. I believe that they had no idea what was going on. I believe they feel guilty that they did not know.

They have apparently been in touch with the older kids. It is clear they aren’t abandoning them. They are more focused on the minors because they are assuming the older kids are adults and will control their own lives. They didn’t seem like the sort of people who would understand the kind of help the older ones might need long term.

I’ve finally watched the documentary, and I have to say that the Robinettes were clearly a troubled family.

The mother of Louise, Elizabeth and Teresa was sexually abused by a close family relative. In time, she allowed this same relative to abuse her three daughters.

According to Teresa’s account, their grandmother walked in on Louise (age 14) with this abusive relative on top off her on the sofa, but did nothing.

The girls were told to keep quiet to protect the family name, but there was also money involved. Teresa tells that the relative would pay money to her and to her mother after a session molesting her.

Teresa says that when she begged her mother not to take them to visit this relative, the mother said that she needed his financial help to support the kids.

This sounds like a family where girls and women had no control over their own bodies, and the person with money had almost unlimited power.

You can sort of see how it all could lead to where Louise and David did what they did and felt entitled. You can see how the family would not push too hard to find out more about the kids.

Tragic.

I’ve finally watched the documentary, and I have to say that the Robinettes were clearly a troubled family.

The mother of Louise, Elizabeth and Teresa was sexually abused by a close family relative. In time, she allowed this same relative to abuse her three daughters.

According to Teresa’s account, their grandmother walked in on Louise (age 14) with this abusive relative on top off her on the sofa, but did nothing.

The girls were told to keep quiet to protect the family name, but there was also money involved. Teresa tells that the relative would pay money to her and to her mother after a session molesting her.

Teresa says that when she begged her mother not to take them to visit this relative, the mother said that she needed his financial help to support the kids.

This sounds like a family where girls and women had no control over their own bodies, and the person with money had almost unlimited power.

You can sort of see how it all could lead to where Louise and David did what they did and felt entitled. You can see how the family would not push too hard to find out more about the kids.

Tragic.

I’m sure LTs attorney is happy that the sister divulged that info. Whether it’s true or not, idk. If true, it’s still no excuse whatsoever to torture and starve your own children.

I’m sure LTs attorney is happy that the sister divulged that info. Whether it’s true or not, idk. If true, it’s still no excuse whatsoever to torture and starve your own children.

I agree.
Plenty of people come from troubled pasts and they don't go on to torture and abuse their own children.

IMO

New Status Heang May 4, 2018

Preliminary Hearing May 14, 2018

Per The Press Enterprise March 23, 2018

Has that changed at all? If not I hope media will cover it.

(Sorry on Ipad and cannot link direct)

New Status Heang May 4, 2018

Preliminary Hearing May 14, 2018

Per The Press Enterprise March 23, 2018

Has that changed at all? If not I hope media will cover it.

(Sorry on Ipad and cannot link direct)

Thank you

Friday, May 4th:
*Status Hearing (Felony Settlement Conference) (@ 1:30pm PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018) - David Allen Turpin (57) & Louise Anna Turpin (49) - arrested & charged on 1/18/18 with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child-David only, 7 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 9 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 1 count of felony assault-Louise only.
1/24/18: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
Prelim hearing on 5/14.

I have been away from the case for awhile. Need more information about this documentary. Thanks!

Satch

So, what is going to happen on today's hearing?

IMO I think the Judge wants to know where the status of each side is....as far as sharing info that they must do, any testing done on parents, was it completed or not, any plea deals possible, any evidence or interviews done.....Judge wants to know if the lawyers are working on the case are the parents cooperating.....the list goes on.

Since the heating is not until this afternoon CA time we still have a bit of wait...hope media is there.

Hope the trial is soon. I do not think mom will plea, dad a big maybe IMOO

http://abc7.com/perris-torture-case-turpin-couple-expected-in-court/3429046/

above link info

attorneys are asking for more time because of another case

https://www.pe.com/2018/05/03/new-c...-during-upcoming-perris-torture-case-hearing/

above link info

"The Perris couple accused of torturing 12 of their 13 children through shackling, starvation and neglect could face additional charges Friday, May 4, when a new charging document is revealed."

"The amended felony complaint against David Allen Turpin and Louise Ann Turpin was filed April 30. John Hall, a spokesman for the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office, declined to say what was new in the complaint"

The preliminary hearing is where the Judge will decide if there is enough evidence to hold the Turpins for a trial

Today the attorneys will say if they are ready for May 14 preliminary hearing

Each are charged with 12 counts torture, false imprisonment, 9 charges of child abuse, 7 charges of cruelty to dependent adult

"David Turpin is additionally charged with one count of lewd acts on a child under 14 years old, and Louise Turpin is charged with one count of felony assault."

Turpins plead not guilty. No charges filed in charges with the 2 year old child who was fed.

Now we wait for what actually comes out of the hearing today...

https://www.pe.com/2018/05/04/perri...vid-turpin-to-be-charged-with-perjury-friday/

Perris torture defendant David Turpin will be charged Friday, May 4, with eight counts of perjury, his attorney said,

Friday’s new charges are believed to be related to the Private School Affidavit forms that David Turpin filed with the state Department of Education to establish the two home schools that instructed the couple’s children who were between ages 6 and 18. The couple have 13 children in all.

The eight perjury charges against David Turpin match the number of affidavits he submitted to register Sandcastle Day School, when the family lived in Perris, and City Day School, when the family lived in Murrieta.
Department of Education officials on Friday did not immediately know which statements on the four-page forms were believed to be false.

Could these charges come from the fact that those kids were nowhere near the level of their supposed grades? Or that doesn't seem likely at all?

http://abc7.com/perris-torture-case-turpin-couple-expected-in-court/3429046/

"The DA's office filed eight counts of perjury against Turpin for "filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a fulltime education in a private day school."

From the same article the Riverside DA Office posted:

"@RivCoDA
Follow Follow @RivCoDA
More
Our office today filed 8 counts of perjury against David Turpin for filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a fulltime education in a private day school"

So to answer claudianunes post134 asking "Could these charges come from the fact that those kids were nowhere near the level of their supposed grades?" IMO, yes. The children as students were to receive a full time education at home which was their private school. In the statement from the State Attorney, the dad committed perjury, so he lied, the children were not full time students....how much of an education the children got, we do not know at all (yet).

IMO, more charges will be coming....for other crimes.

Maybe more will be posted later by the media.

I agree that it is no excuse, and the sister was not presenting it as an excuse. In fact, she pointed out that she and Elizabeth had been abused also and did not torture their own kids. She also was very clear that Louise would have known that she what she was doing was wrong and that the way Louise lied and concealed the truth showed that she knew it was wrong.

It is possible, I think, to understand that Louise was the product of a sick family without excusing all the horrible things she did/allowed to have done to her kids.

I agree that it is no excuse, and the sister was not presenting it as an excuse. In fact, she pointed out that she and Elizabeth had been abused also and did not torture their own kids. She also was very clear that Louise would have known that she what she was doing was wrong and that the way Louise lied and concealed the truth showed that she knew it was wrong.

It is possible, I think, to understand that Louise was the product of a sick family without excusing all the horrible things she did/allowed to have done to her kids.

I don’t trust the motives of any of Louise’s siblings. JMO.

Eta - I’m watching the oxygen show again and the sisters facial expressions and eye movements don’t sit well with me for some reason. I just don’t trust her.

As I mentioned, I’m rewatching the show. The sister is SO fake to me. She can’t speak one sentence without looking up and making dramatic facial expressions. And the half brother saying “Louise didn’t just fail her kids, she failed all of us” (paraphrasing). What??!! Really dude? This isn’t about you. Your 15 minutes are up. Buh bye.

/endrant

Update in red:

Friday, May 4th:
*Status Hearing (Felony Settlement Conference) (@ 1:30pm PT) - CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home (Jan. 15, 2018) - David Allen Turpin (57) & Louise Anna Turpin (49) - arrested & charged on 1/18/18 with: 12 counts of torture, 1 count of lewd act on a child-David only, 7 counts of abuse of dependent adult, 9 counts of child abuse, 12 counts of false imprisonment & 1 count of felony assault-Louise only. Facing up to 94 years to life in prison; pled not guilty. Bail set at $12M for each.
1/24/18: DA Motion for Order of Protection for 13 survivors. A judge has issued a protective order to bar a Perris couple from having any further contact with their 13 children amid a torture and abuse case. Which is set to be effective until Jan. 24, 2021.
Prelim hearing was scheduled on 5/14.
5/4/18 Update: The DA's office filed eight counts of perjury against Turpin for "filing a Private School Affidavit with the Cal Dept. of Education in 2010-17 where he certified under penalty of perjury that the children in the home were receiving a fulltime education in a private day school. David Turpin didn't enter a plea to the new charges. The couple's preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 20 and will be held at the Hall of Justice in Riverside.

Tonight’s episode of “Law and Order: SVU” is based on the Turpins, FYI. They even mention, “Like the Turpin family our in California.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the episode first started and had the girl crawling from the window I thought, "Surely not..." And then it was. They must film them super quickly, about as close to real time as they can. I guess the "good" news is that the REAL case didn't turn out like the TV case did. At least all the real kids are getting a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shouldersbroad