CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also noticed some medical bills on the bankruptcy forms. Anesthesiology I believe was on one of the bills. So IT does seem atleast someone was seeking medical attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be from a hospital birth.

Never underestimate the power of human strength,courage, and love.
I need to add one more thing, let’s all remember that while they are now “free to grow and think like normal humans “,they will also be curious (and sensitive) about everything, including themselves, what people say and what people think... Websleuths and the big wide web is just a click away, please be sensitive to that fact when questioning certain things and how you phrase them. They are the biggest story in the world right now, let’s be sensitive to the fact that they are people with feelings that have been damaged and hurt enough...

Oh I hope they don;t google themselves. Makes me nervous to speculate about anything at all or to write about them.

In the press conference I believe it was the M.D. said all the children would need to be treated for PTSD.
I can't imagine that there won't be lifelong emotional scars on the bulk of these offspring.

I agree. Even given that we don't have very much information about what any of these kids endured, I'm guessing that the 17 year old who escaped might have the best chance of the older kids to recover.

She's already demonstrated incredible resilience, resourcefulness, and courage, in daring to leave, in knowing she'd be more likely to be believed if she brought proof, and in being able to hope for help.

I'm thinking what you're thinking. I think severe depression and manic episodes are a big part of this. They don't explain everything, but I do think depression/mania is a factor.

I think the mom had high hopes with each new child....only to be overcome with the responsibilities of motherhood. She drowned in the responsibilities - and part of drowning was surrounding herself with the hoards of stuff and grime. Once in awhile she would bounce up big and they'd go to Vegas. And then back down.

I think she was incapable from the start to run a household and it spiraled and spiraled and spiraled down.

Don't know about the father, though. I think he was just sorta "there." Others are seeing a patriarch, but I'm seeing a passive man. THIS IS SPECULATION probably based on the dorky haircut, which I admit is flimsy evidence! :slap:

jmo

I had a similar sense. Like one has a personality disorder and the other may be super passive, which can be typical for spouses of those with personality disorders, or he may even be on the autism spectrum, which some feel is not uncommon among engineers.

But I don;t know really except I think they are both utterly responsible for the horror that befell those sweet kids.

I agree. Even given that we don't have very much information about what any of these kids endured, I'm guessing that the 17 year old who escaped might have the best chance of the older kids to recover.

She's already demonstrated incredible resilience, resourcefulness, and courage, in daring to leave, in knowing she'd be more likely to be believed if she brought proof, and in being able to hope for help.

She is a rock star. A one in a million survivor and warrior. Intelligent, resourceful, determined, courageous.

I lived this life, not ready to tell my story yet... This hurts so much, I am now 48,and just when I thought the nightmares had stopped, this happens[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
I cannot reply or engage right now, but I will tell you this... Google Bill Gothard, Institute for Youth Conflict. Also google Alert, A..T.I.A - The advanced training institute of America headquarters in Wheaton, Illinois or Oakbrook Illinois. Immediately , when I saw her age, and heard the sister’ s comment about how their dad used to be a pastor, I got chills.... It is very possible that her parents were in the above referenced “Ministry”, of which and several “survivors”, call a cult... I have to take an emotional timeout now, I am too invested... Just know, that I am okay, that my children are okay, and that everyday it is my goal to be the parent I needed... The doubly ironic part is, I too ran away at 17, but I had to save myself....��[emoji25][emoji25]��

Yes--those are all names I have encountered before this. These are all folks who fly under color of religious protection and have done horribly abusive things to children. Some have even received public dollars to run residential "facilities" for "troubled" youth. Others operate on dollars from churches who believe that they are operating valuable ministries and by charging desperate parents who send their children to be "reformed" from a slew of ailments, from drug use to promiscuity to being gay. And depending on the state (and they choose states where they can get away with this stuff), they are free from regulation because they are not a mental health facility but rather a "religious school." This means that anyone, regardless of certification or education (or prior criminal record) can be a "teacher" or a "counselor." The "school" can use any, or no, curriculum. And unless someone makes it out with credible evidence of abuse going on, agencies like CPS or local LE, cannot come onto the property to inspect. http://www.newsweek.com/2017/03/10/...-christian-school-beatings-nudity-562257.html

Some (and I think Gothard is one) have set up operations overseas to get even further away from any regulation. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/13/books/review/jesus-land-her-brothers-keeper.html
http://www.kidnappedforchrist.com/

I am glad, Iona, that you are OK and have gotten some distance. And also glad that you shared. We need to hear from survivors like yourself.

I am wondering that if the parents were so controlling, how come none of the siblings reported the 17 year olds plans and/or escape? (Glad the didn’t)

I'm hearing things that raise red flags for me, with the extended family, so I am hoping these siblings have other options for care. From the different stories the sisters are telling, and the changing of stories (as with the parents flying out several times and being turned away changed to they called and were turned away.), I feel like there is a little drama/attention seeking happening. "It's all about me!" Which is in line with what I've seen in the videos. These siblings need people in their lives who focus on their needs, not the adults' needs.

And this. "David Turpin's mother, Betty, said she doesn't have any information about the case.
But she said "we feel like one side of the story has been reported. This is a highly respectable family."
For example, the siblings wore identical outfits based on gender to help "keep up with the kids" during outings, she said." http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/us/california-turpin-family-what-we-know-dont-know/index.html
What? "One side" and "highly respectable family"?????? No. Just No. This is NOT about public perception of your family. This is about what happened to these 13 children. There is NOTHING that makes what happened okay, and there is NO WAY that this was the children's fault. They could never have done enough to deserve this. (Not saying that's what this grandmother was saying, but it seemed like she was insinuating something.).

She's likely having a hard time wrapping her head around this. I think that it was his parents who were actually seen in the Anaheim Disney photos. There's two photos that look to have an extra couple, in the Disney photos, and I'm almost positive that one set is his parents. When they visited their son, The Engineer, I'd be willing to bet they didn't see the inside of their home. The parents may have even rented a place, while his mother and father were there. Anaheim is 50+ miles from Perris so staying in Anaheim wouldn't be odd if you're going to do a day or two at Disney parks.

She probably doesn't have any information about the case. They can't speak to their son, unless he calls them. To them, the kids probably looked well groomed, cute in the matching clothing, and the reason behind it is one that is ascribed to by public schools (matching shirts on big outings), and I've heard of/seen families dressing in similar, bright clothing, on outings to large public places. Supposedly, if a k id darts off it's easier to spot them (I'm not so sure, unless it's a really loud, tie dyed, shirt).

Also, with that many children, it would be difficult to keep track if you rarely saw them. Six years later and there's three more! Yes, they'd see they are petite boned, and short, but the mom is short. A couple of the kids are taller than mom. They may not have known that the eldest were even living at home. Even if they were that can easily be brushed aside. There's a bunch of kids who live in their parents' basements, either by choice, or b/c of monetary issues.

I can't remember exactly what was said or when the comment was made. Maybe someone else here remembers?

Cringe alert:

It was an OB/GYN in Texas - LT stated something along the lines of I miss you, haven't been wanting to reproduce without you.

I just finished the first thread. So no idea if this thought has been put out there in this thread.

If it had been the older ones that were shackled to keep them contained while the younger ones weren’t because they would need to be free to do school, maybe the 17 year old knew she was about to graduate or age into shackle time. So it was imperative for her to end this before she was trapped.

I just finished the first thread. So no idea if this thought has been put out there in this thread.

If it had been the older ones that were shackled to keep them contained while the younger ones weren’t because they would need to be free to do school, maybe the 17 year old knew she was about to graduate or age into shackle time. So it was imperative for her to end this before she was trapped.

Whoa. That's a thought.

I am wondering that if the parents were so controlling, how come none of the siblings reported the 17 year olds plans and/or escape? (Glad the didn’t)

Apparently she got out through a window (according to news reports). So, I am guessing she had to be pretty sneaky.

I'm hearing things that raise red flags for me, with the extended family, so I am hoping these siblings have other options for care. From the different stories the sisters are telling, and the changing of stories (as with the parents flying out several times and being turned away changed to they called and were turned away.), I feel like there is a little drama/attention seeking happening. "It's all about me!" Which is in line with what I've seen in the videos. These siblings need people in their lives who focus on their needs, not the adults' needs.

And this. "David Turpin's mother, Betty, said she doesn't have any information about the case.
But she said "we feel like one side of the story has been reported. This is a highly respectable family."
For example, the siblings wore identical outfits based on gender to help "keep up with the kids" during outings, she said." http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/16/us/california-turpin-family-what-we-know-dont-know/index.html
What? "One side" and "highly respectable family"?????? No. Just No. This is NOT about public perception of your family. This is about what happened to these 13 children. There is NOTHING that makes what happened okay, and there is NO WAY that this was the children's fault. They could never have done enough to deserve this. (Not saying that's what this grandmother was saying, but it seemed like she was insinuating something.).

I agree. Those kids need committed care form people with experience and no personal dysfunction or alliance with the perps, IMHO.

DNA thought.

How would authorities be able to distinguish whether all children were offspring of both parents or some were the offspring of a parent and a child? Much of the DNA would be identical between a parent and a child?

The authorities may never have checked that the parents were biological parents of all the children. They may have only checked to see if there was any outsider DNA, i.e. whether some kids were halfs or steps.

On the emaciation.

Several kids looked emaciated in the photos, but not all. Could it be that they were selected one by one for the starvation treatment? To keep the rest in line? At puberty to keep their bodies from getting out of hand? From attracting a parent?

They can absolutely tell who are the parents. Heck, sites like Ancestry DNA can tell you if you have a sibling out there, half or whole, if you have cousins, uncles,etc., based on DNA submissions. And DNA testing is sued to determine incest at times.

Most of our DNA is identical to each other anyway. Bu they can absolutely tell who belongs to who.

My thoughts to why she escaped when she did was that maybe one of her siblings was sick enough for her to know
they were seriously ill. that coupled with the comment from the hospital that the medical personnel were very "worried"
about the 29 yr. old, leads me to believe she could have been in a medical crisis. Starvation does eventually kill people. and eventually there is a point of no return when organs start shutting down.

Correction to my post in a previous thread: the 17-yr old escaped and called LE "minutes before sunrise," per this WaPo article: https://tinyurl.com/y7playzl

(I'd incorrectly stated she'd escaped and called at 12:05am - but looking at the article again in newschannel6now, it appears that was the news outlet's publishing timeline rather than a crime timeline.)

Additionally from the link above:

"Kimberly Trone, a spokeswoman for the Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley, said Tuesday that the minors were admitted into the pediatrics unit for treatment Sunday but that she could not comment on their conditions. However, she noted that the patients, who range in age from 2 to 17, were taken to the sheriff’s department before being transported to the hospital."

"[Teresa] Robinette said her sister left home at 16 to get married to David, who was eight years her senior. She said her sister and brother-in-law were very strict with their kids.

“They weren't allowed to date, or they didn't have a social life,” she said. “They weren't allowed to watch TV. They weren't allowed to talk on the phone, have friends over, stuff like that. Normal things that kids do.”

More here -- also has photo of family with adult children with faces unblurred. https://www.today.com/news/aunt-13-children-held-captive-parents-california-home-speaks-out-t121288

Also from the above link:

"Robinette said she had always asked her sister about the size of her children because they were so small.

“I always made comments to Louise, when I did talk to her about, ‘Gosh they're so skinny,’ and she would laugh it off. ‘Well, David's so tall and lanky. They’re going to be like him,’” she said."

https://www.today.com/news/aunt-13-children-held-captive-parents-california-home-speaks-out-t121288

cache.php

Louise and David Turpin often renewed their wedding vows, surrounded by their children. (Only the faces of the adult children are showed here.)

What is the date of the above (and below) pictures? Tia.

attachment.php

Attachments

• captive-kids-today-inline2-180117_5b6a10c1b7d1dd98d1ef04ff53755c96.today-inline-large2x.jpg
    captive-kids-today-inline2-180117_5b6a10c1b7d1dd98d1ef04ff53755c96.today-inline-large2x.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 139
  • tdy_news_miguel_captives_180117_1920x1080.today-inline-vid-featured-tablet2x.jpg
    tdy_news_miguel_captives_180117_1920x1080.today-inline-vid-featured-tablet2x.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 248
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member