CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Rokos
‏
Verified account

@Brian_Rokos
6s
More
David Turpin and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty in Perris torture case.

Brian Rokos
‏
Verified account
@Brian_Rokos
1m1 minute ago
More
Public defender requested media be banned from Perris torture case arraignment. Judge Michael B. Donner denied the request.

Zak Dahlheimer KESQ
‏

@ZakDahlheimer
52s52 seconds ago
More
Both David and Louise Turpin plead not guilty to all counts. #PerrisPrisonHome @KESQ @LocalTwo

Brian Rokos
‏
Verified account

@Brian_Rokos
2m2 minutes ago
More
The Public Defender will represent David Turpin; outside attorney will rep Louise Turpin in Perris torture case.

Someone mentioned that the kids appeared not to be able to snap their fingers in the Elvis vid. I wonder if that's partly from the neuropathy

Doubt it. I have significant neuropathy in both hands & feet, but it doesn't affect either coordination or movement.

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/RivCoDA/status/954109069773586432

Both enter not guilty pleas - UGH!!

[/FONT]

Zak Dahlheimer KESQ
‏

@ZakDahlheimer
30s31 seconds ago
More
Bail currently set at $12 million #PerrisPrisonHome @KESQ @LocalTwo

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet Like Direct message

Zak Dahlheimer KESQ
‏

@ZakDahlheimer
1m1 minute ago
More
Next court hearing for Turpins set for Feb. 23 #PerrisPrisonHome @KESQ

Brian Rokos
‏
Verified account

@Brian_Rokos
6s
More
David Turpin and Louise Turpin have pleaded not guilty in Perris torture case.

Attorney Joey Jackson (commentator on HLN) stated earlier that he expected the parents to plead 'not guilty' as a matter of "pro forma" i.e. standard procedure.

But why wait to escape until now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaycee Duggard had even gotten to the point where she went out in public with her captor's wife. In the end, I believe he was arrested when he went to a meeting with his parole officer (or something like that), taking Jaycee and the wife along (almost looked like he wanted it to all be over). Jaycee was pulled aside for questioning and couldn't even say aloud what she knew her true name was. She had to write it for them. That is what physical and emotional abuse can do to someone. Totally messes with one's head. Eventually the chains are inside.

I am catching up on posts still (at #375) but am watching the presser (little bit late).

I have been HERE for years. I have never been so emotionally, mentally and physically upset over a case like I am over this. And there are some seriously horrifying cases here at WS, as everyone knows. Maybe, it is because I can relate to some of this, although not at the level I am learning from the presser. I grew up in a very abusive and highly religious home. Just reading and listening to this presser is bringing back all kinds of things I actively push down and tuck away. Talk about triggers. I am not even sure I should be paying attention to this case (I am sure the few people in my life who know about my childhood would advise me not to), as I am highly sensitive to things like this. I tend to have panic attacks over another child who may get spanked, for example.

Obviously, I have not dealt with the crap I went through on a professional level. I cant even talk about it because that means im having to relive it all and I am not at a place I can handle that. But I seem to be forcing myself to read and watch this case as a way of trying to process my own hell I grew up in. Maybe? I think the pain I feel with this case is not really about me but more about my heart dying for these kids knowing the pain they have been living and will probably live with forever.

The youngest little boy (the ring barer) in the Vegas video, kills me. He looks like one of my brothers, when we were kids. And I witnessed him being abused. Seeing that little boy, I see my brother. That pains me more than the abuse I went through. My mother was the main abuser with my father not ever stepping in to help or stop it. He has his own violent issues though. I hated my mother from very very young age and never felt love for her nor from her. She was never a mother to me. I have felt actual hate for her most of my life. I cut off any legit contact with my parents so many years ago, even though they try and make contact now and then. My teenage daughter really doesnt know them. She doesnt really care to either.

Today I found out she has advanced neck cancer and is suffering from alzheimer's that the young age of 65 and diagnosis is very bad. My mind is a total clusterF today on how I am suppose to feel. I am not sure why I am here reading all of this.

I read Iona's story and it touched me on a deep level. Bless you (if you see this). Not sure why I am sharing this. Needed to get it out to strangers I guess as I dont really share this kind of stuff with anyone. Just too deep and painful.

Sorry for making something about ME on this horrifying case. Thanks for listening. Back to just reading.

please, prima.facie, don’t stay silent if you are ever able to add more in a case or about yourself. Your words help some of understand if we have never experienced these sort of abuses, and help those of us who may have been in horrible situations to not feel quite as alone. Being able to talk about what we have been through always seems to strike a chord in someone else and you never know if you may have saved one person from feeling as badly. So please know, your words do help others, and may even help you by sharing. As much or little, and as often as you feel able is always OK.

thank you so very much for sharing here. And please take this wth the love that it hopes to extend: :grouphug:

Brian Rokos
‏
Verified account

@Brian_Rokos
3s
More
Although the Perris torture defendants were in street clothes, they were in chains - just as authorities said the children of David and Louise Turpin were sometimes held.

Agree with you entirely about all 13 of them being kept on the other side of the universe away from "family" from either side.

About Genie (hands down one of the most horrific cases of abuse I've ever read about). One huge difference between Genie's abuse and that of these kids/adults is that Genie was entirely alone for all the years of abuse she was subjected to, which is why she could not, even after being rescued and with years of "help," learn how to talk.

These kids had each other, and from what we're hearing, it sounds like they kept each other going, and maybe, kept each other alive, even.

Yes. You're right. Huge difference.

Ya'll. I want to do something for these sweet kids. A letter writing campaign. Arrange to get them things they might enjoy. How can we do that? I'm in SoCal. A lot of us are. I'm sure many would be willing to facilitate but I'm not sure how to organize. Or if we can through here.

I'm just really horrified by this and can't stop thinking about them as I know you all are. It's hard to work.

[FONT=&amp]@Brian_Rokos: The Public Defender will represent David Turpin; outside attorney will rep Louise Turpin in Perris torture case.
Huh???:thinking:
[/FONT]

I don't understand why is that, does it mean they will be fighting in court to get the best possible deal for themselves, individually, and not "as a couple"? conflicting accounts and maybe even trying to put more blame on the other person? If this is the case I think we will be hearing many more horrible things about what happened inside that house :(

I must say I haven't given up hope these children -some of them- will be able to somehow recover from this horrific ordeal after what I have read on the newspapers. The fact the 17-year-old planned the escape for two years tells me they were supporting each other to keep their sanity.

We need a new thread soon. Probably better post a link to the rules again in the new thread, too, since we have so many new people.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Per HLN, both plead NOT GUILTY on all counts. :(

Next court date is Feb. 23rd.

But why wait to escape until now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They said it was part of a two year plan but that things had escalated over the years. There was also talk about the parents "saying goodbye" to neighbors. Things hit a tipping point. We may never know why.

I just thank God this kid was able to escape. My worst fears are death before escaping being trapped somehow. I'm glad they all survived to see light and eat food and feel comfort and care.

During the presser, he said that one child in early 20 yo's, an early teen and I think the last one, a tween were the 3 who had been chained.

Can't help but wonder if the number of male to female children were reversed in this family, would these parents even be alive after so much abuse.

I'm assuming more than those three have been chained over the years. Those three happened to be the ones restrained on the day of rescue. I could be wrong, of course.

jmo

I'm wondering if the journal writings were assignments - like writing about their "misbehavior" and how they deserve punishment??

jmo

I believe you're right bc at the presser he said that the 100+ journals are great evidence of what went on in the house!

Yes. You're right. Huge difference.

Ya'll. I want to do something for these sweet kids. A letter writing campaign. Arrange to get them things they might enjoy. How can we do that? I'm in SoCal. A lot of us are. I'm sure many would be willing to facilitate but I'm not sure how to organize. Or if we can through here.

I'm just really horrified by this and can't stop thinking about them as I know you all are. It's hard to work.

Maybe start a Facebook page that people can join to help you organize plans? Kind of like the Sherin Mathews group Facebook.

I am in the process of starting a new thread. I will bring over some of the newer posts on this thread too.

Hang tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member