CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've heard of cases of special needs children being locked in rooms or being held in crates, etc because people/parents don't know how to deal. I wonder if this might have happened here. Started as one thing and morphed into all out crazy. Something obviously happened.

Up thread old neighbors in Texas described catching frogs in a creek and only being allowed in their kitchen. So at some point the older kids had at least a friend and at least a play date. What happened that led from some "normalcy" to torture. So glad they allowed them to keep journals. How stupid of them.... They obviously didn't think they would be caught. But thank God they did.

Yes! And I really feel a sense that everyone working with them is extremely sensitive and loving. I think they're getting the best care possible. Poor lambs.

I hope they can really be cared for long term in a great way. Not forgotten like Genie.

OT I know.... but can you drop me a link to Genie? TIA...

Hello everyone, first post so I'm gonna give a few thoughts. I discovered websleuths years ago but never felt like joining. I've been reading all about this horrible case since thread 1 and finally decided to join!

First of all, I have no words. The absolute horror and devastation that these monsters have caused is far beyond comprehension. At first, like many of you, I thought it couldn't be worse than what we already knew. I really thought this would be a case of only (inexcusable) torture and starvation going back many years. I'm saddened to hear of the lewd conduct and other physical and mental abuse that went on in that house. I hope and pray that each and everyone of the siblings can regain their health, autonomy, and lives back although I know it will be a long journey.

Now, I would like to share a heartbreaking thought I had that puts the sheer horror of those final hours in that house into perspective:
As we know form the presser, the 17 year old daughter and the other siblings had been planning the escape for at least two years. For whatever reason, they decided to do it Sunday. The 17 year old and another sibling left the house in the early hours around about 5 or 6 AM with a cell phone that had photos documenting the abuse to get help. The sibling eventually ran back to the house out of fear while the 17 year old continued on. She called 911 and the cops came and then went to the Turpin house to investigate where the parents were arrested and the siblings freed.

Now, just imagine if you can, how it felt to be inside that house those last two hours. The siblings had to have known the 17 year old had left through the window and they knew why she left too. They must have known that there was a chance that hope was in the future, a chance that they were going to be out of their hell soon. I cannot begin to imagine the anticipation they all felt waiting to see if she returned, if the parents noticed before then, all the "what if"s and "what could be"s that must have been going through their minds.

We've been hearing they are relieved to be free and out of that house of horrors. This makes me so happy for them and I hope that they will have the ability to live to the fullest now.

I know my rambling might have not made sense but I just know those last hours must have lasted eternity and I am full of pride at the bravery and genius of the siblings to come together and plan this escape. I'm so proud the 17 year old continued forward and helped free her siblings.

It makes perfect sense. Post more often!

:fireworks: :welcome: :fireworks:

I really want to know more about the timeline of their life in Texas. I think it was 17 years?

LE said that the "parents" at one point (when? for how long?) didn't even live with their children, and during that time they "occasionally" dropped off food to their abandoned kids.

WTF? Their oldest child obviously couldn't have been older than 16 or 17 at the time. How is it possible nobody noticed the kids were on their own?! Where were the "parents" staying during this time?

I'm going to suggest the awesome journals that you can color in as well. You basically decorate the cover and the corners of each page yourself. It would be a way for them to truly make it theirs and get creative.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have added your link (and Gitana’s) and the list of items needed to the media thread at https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...O-DISCUSSION&p=13874652&posted=1#post13874652

Great idea, vmmming! Also, those adult coloring books would probably be nice for the older ones

ETA... went back to pick up where I left off and I see Gitana already had the same idea as mine. :facepalm:

I'll be watching if the lawyers advise him to cut his ugly hair. I know I sound flippant, but I'm serious. That hair is so off-putting that I can picture a lawyer telling a defendant that it has got to go.

jmo

And his nails! In the wedding photos they are longer than hers

So we've heard of cases of special needs children being locked in rooms or being held in crates, etc because people/parents don't know how to deal. I wonder if this might have happened here. Started as one thing and morphed into all out crazy. Something obviously happened.

Up thread old neighbors in Texas described catching frogs in a creek and only being allowed in their kitchen. So at some point the older kids had at least a friend and at least a play date. What happened that led from some "normalcy" to torture. So glad they allowed them to keep journals. How stupid of them.... They obviously didn't think they would be caught. But thank God they did.

I was thinking the same thing until I heard the presser. This is beyond being overwhelmed. Hogtying them. Taunting them with pies they couldn't eat. Beating, poor, emaciated waifs. How could you beat a skeleton?

I hate those monsters. Their toys got more care
and love than their children.

The Public Defender must have been asked a stupid question:

Speaking to DailyMail.com outside court, Jeff Zimel, the Riverside County Public Defender, said the couple would remain in separate cells at the Robert Presley Detention Center unless the Sheriff decides otherwise.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arents-kept-children-night.html#ixzz54aCZVyIb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The photo of Louise with a big smile as she looked up at her lawyer made me ill. It was almost like she was flirting with him! David looked like he had no clue what was happening. How can she afford a lawyer but he has a public defender? He looked uncomfortable with his shackles stretched over his belly. I hope she was equally uncomfortable. Too bad if the police forgot to remove them once they were back in jail. All JMO and my disgust with these two.
Does pleading not guilty mean that the children will have to face their parents at a trial?

Yes that ship has sailed for her.ick She was also trying to sound meek when she spoke.Both of them have dead eyes
The father had a tight angry mouth and she looked affronted. IMO

Like someone else posted, I think they are blaming each other. Gonna torture their kids more and make them get on the stand. jmo
SABBM

^^^^ * :censored: *
Hopefully not !

As to what has been requested for the children (I'm going to refer to them as "children", even though there are young adults) ... exactly what were they wearing when rescued ?
Rags ? :tears:
Also wondering (dislike typing this ! :( ) , if they were naked ?
Other thoughts are that their original clothing was filthy and had to be tossed out.
:moo:

Welcome! We're all glad you decided to join, just wish it wasn't for this :(

According to the Daily Mail link, http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5285723/House-horrors-parents-kept-children-night.html,
another sibling went with her but after they crawled out of the window, the other became afraid and went back inside. I pray the vile "parents" didn't know about that. Because if they did, they probably did something horrible to her.
I'm so very thankful the 17 year old pressed on. So many thoughts running through my mind.
Anyone see the police officers in the picture of them at arraignment? The officer in the middle is looking at him with utter hatred, they all are, but the middle one especially. I couldn't do their job. I would have done something that would have caused me to be put in jail myself.
BBM. My God, I didn't even think of that. I pray they had no clue. Those kids have been to hell and back, multiple times. This case is so heartbreaking, disgusting, inhumane. I really hope and pray that those kids (adult and minors) receive the best treatment possible and eventually move forward the best that they can.

(Thanks for the welcome btw! I wish it wasn't because of this too..)

SABBM

^^^^ *insert :censored: *
Hopefully not !

As to what has been requested for the children (I'm going to refer to them as "children", even there are young adults) ... exactly what were they wearing when rescued ?
Rags ? :tears:
Also wondering (dislike typing this ! :( ) , if they were naked ?
Other thoughts are that their original clothing was filthy and had to be tossed out.
:moo:

They were reportedly all wearing pajamas.

This case has had me in knots for days.
These poor victims are burnt into my mind and it's all-consuming right now. I'm coping but it's definitely affecting almost everything I do right now.
Each time I grab a snack or wash my hands I'm thinking about how lucky I am and how these victims haven't experienced this FREEDOM (!?) in a long time if at all.

Every now and then another aspect of the case floats into my brain and I have to pause and grapple with the magnitude of this all.

In my brief 20 something years on earth I've never been exposed to something so horrifying. For a Crime Follower it feels intense to be so taken back by one case more than any other ever.

During the arraignment, the judge stated he believes that public interest in this case will fade. I don't think that applies to me. I think I will be following this horror show for the rest of my life. I will never forget this abhorrent time.

Great idea!

I've already started putting together a care package so far including
colouring books for kids and adults
bulk backs of girls knickers
multiple pairs of unused shoes
emotional coping books
little fun fact books which hopefully will encourage curiosity to explore the world

I want to help as much as I can but I feel I won't make much of an impact here in Australia.

Are you kidding? Throw in a postcard from Australia saying, "With love from the other side of the world" and can you imagine how special they will feel?

I genuinely hope so as well. I've thought a lot about Genie today. Hard to stop the tears, you know?

I'm with you. This case shook me. Especially the details at the presser. Tearing up a lot. And I'm really worried about some of our qebsleuthers for whom this is seriously triggering.

The photo of Louise with a big smile as she looked up at her lawyer made me ill. It was almost like she was flirting with him! David looked like he had no clue what was happening. How can she afford a lawyer but he has a public defender? He looked uncomfortable with his shackles stretched over his belly. I hope she was equally uncomfortable. Too bad if the police forgot to remove them once they were back in jail. All JMO and my disgust with these two.
Does pleading not guilty mean that the children will have to face their parents at a trial?

Her attorney is appointed and is paid by the county. There's a conflict so they both can't be represented by the public defender. An attorney can't represent two people if there's a possible conflict of interest. There is one automatically, here.

On how she has lawyer and he a public defender. A case I followed (murder of Beverly Carter) a husband an wife team kidnapped here and killed her. He was arrested first and had lawyer then fired and allowed to be ProSe (own lawyer). Wife arrested and got public defender from Pulaski Cty Public Defender office. Later he decided he wanted a lawyer, so Judge had Ar State Public Defender to represent him because they said both being defended by same office conflict of interest. A private attorney paid by Ar State Public Defender. Possible what happened here. Also LT attorney may be pro bono? And say she was also victim. Jmho

I really want to know more about the timeline of their life in Texas. I think it was 17 years?

LE said that the "parents" at one point (when? for how long?) didn't even live with their children, and during that time they "occasionally" dropped off food to their abandoned kids.

WTF? Their oldest child obviously couldn't have been older than 16 or 17 at the time. How is it possible nobody noticed the kids were on their own?! Where were the "parents" staying during this time?

It's been stated that they had a farm during their time in Texas. I believe this was when they lived in Rio Vista. They apparently owned a house and a double wide trailer. I think, although I'm not positive, that the parents moved out and lived in the trailer while the kids stayed in the house. Oh, and according to neighbors and other people from Texas, the house was filled with clutter and filth, to the point where it was unlivable. Truly despicable.

I have added your link (and Gitana’s) and the list of items needed to the media thread at https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...O-DISCUSSION&p=13874652&posted=1#post13874652

Great idea, vmmming! Also, those adult coloring books would probably be nice for the older ones

ETA... went back to pick up where I left off and I see Gitana already had the same idea as mine. :facepalm:

Offer still stands for anyone in So Cal who wants to meet up and take items to the Chamber of Commerce. I would be honored to meet any of you.

In a "double wide" trailer. Hopefully you know what that means because my little Aussie brain had to google it.

The trailer was reportedly on the same property which was a very large acreage farm property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3