CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that ship has sailed for her.ick She was also trying to sound meek when she spoke.Both of them have dead eyes
The father had a tight angry mouth and she looked affronted. IMO

About the only thing she could do at this point to further enrage & disgust folks, imo, is to claim she tortured her own children over all those years because she was herself a victim of an abusive husband (am thinking of the Nussbaums here and of the wife's defense of watching her battered child die right in front of her and yet did nothing).

If I were on a jury listening to what we know so far (there is obviously more & probably worse to come), the single most damning thing I'd be weighing in determining guilt is that both "parents" KNEW what they had done was wrong, or they wouldn't have rushed to unchain their victims.

This case has had me in knots for days.
These poor victims are burnt into my mind and it's all-consuming right now. I'm coping but it's definitely affecting almost everything I do right now.
Each time I grab a snack or wash my hands I'm thinking about how lucky I am and how these victims haven't experienced this FREEDOM (!?) in a long time if at all.

Every now and then another aspect of the case floats into my brain and I have to pause and grapple with the magnitude of this all.

In my brief 20 something years on earth I've never been exposed to something so horrifying. For a Crime Follower it feels intense to be so taken back by one case more than any other ever.

During the arraignment, the judge stated he believes that public interest in this case will fade. I don't think that applies to me. I think I will be following this horror show for the rest of my life. I will never forget this abhorrent time.

Yup. Agreed.

All clothing needs, hygiene items, and games, etc.. have been currently met. Monetary donations are needed at this time.
c12f618ec8bb8a9080d93cbe8b4563cf.jpg

900789495c442f08ccdfb6d8cbfd0242.jpg

c79a08c5960c536d1fa84a7542e81df6.jpg

http://www.mychamber.org/events/details/donations-for-perris-abuse-victims-14222

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Public Defender must have been asked a stupid question:

Speaking to DailyMail.com outside court, Jeff Zimel, the Riverside County Public Defender, said the couple would remain in separate cells at the Robert Presley Detention Center unless the Sheriff decides otherwise.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arents-kept-children-night.html#ixzz54aCZVyIb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I’m annoyed that they sat them at the same table. IMO they should be separated from each other to the point that they can’t even look at each other. No chance for goo-goo eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I read the article in the Daily Mail from the woman who lived across the street from the family when the Turpins lived in Texas. She is now 25 and became friends with three of the older children. On thing she stated sent chills up my spine. She said that after the family moved out, she went snooping at their house and two dogs came running out, and she also found a kitten which she kept. She then said there was a dumpster and it 'smelled of death.' This makes me wonder if somewhere along the way the Turpins may have had another child that died and was disposed of. I hope the authorities went through that dumpster thoroughly and checked out any outbuildings.

Offer still stands for anyone in So Cal who wants to meet up and take items to the Chamber of Commerce. I would be honored to meet any of you.

I live 3,000 miles away and can't justify to myself (much less my DS & DH) winging or driving out there right now (alas ;)), but would otherwise take you up on that offer, forthwith & resoundingly.

Gitana, what possible, plausible defense will the defense mount for these two ? I'm at a loss.........

Also, do you see them turning on each other?

Can you IMAGINE being a co-worker of this guy? Knowing you worked side-by-side? Joked with him... talked about your family... maybe had lunch together... Jesus Mary and Joseph.

I've seen some discussions on other sites with anecdotes of this nature but they aren't a reliable source so I won't be sharing the info or links. Take a look at the "Front page of the internet" and I'm sure you'll see some interesting stuff. Nothing too significant though.

But now they also have HOPE, and that's huge.

They will be worrying about their mom & dad.
They will be missing their siblings.
They will be grieving and scared.
They are scared as their security has been ripped from them.
But then they could be scared that their tormentors will come after them....nightmares.
These children knew nothing else.

Time will heal.

I'll be watching if the lawyers advise him to cut his ugly hair. I know I sound flippant, but I'm serious. That hair is so off-putting that I can picture a lawyer telling a defendant that it has got to go.

jmo

I thought it was a wig!

Gosh..what a sad story. So many questions..

im wondering how the girl knew to use a cellphone, call 911 on a deactivated phone and to even snap photos as proof? Either she's very smart, picked it up from books or tv..or somewhere along the way an outsider has given her tips on how to get away?

as for the parents, both seem mentally ill. I'm wondering if the dad is on the more severe end of the autism spectrum..friend from school stated he was always awkward, very smart, socially aloof, etc.

wondering if abuse occurred in the mothers household, as both she and her siblings seem off. She seems like she's got some mental issues too.

they lived in filth and seem to have no social skills either.

they both seem stuck in childhood somewhere.. they went to Disney many times, the obsession with Disney, Elvis, dr Seuss, dressing their kids like little kids, I get the feeling they visited Disney so many times because they wanted to and enjoyed it, not so much for the kids.

if mental illness is in play here, I'm wondering if they simply didn't know how to raise kids, rather than pure malice?

i hope no sexual abuse occurred.

i also truly, truly hope they don't send the kids to live with ANY family members on either side, they all seem shady to me. David turpins brother has ties to bethel church in his past.

if they must be split up, I hope they end up with families who let them see each other often.

this is straight out of a movie sheesh..I predict some day in the future this story will help someone win some academy awards. and I hope it helps shed light on all these kids out there who need people to watch out for them.

in fact, this has prompted me to make a welfare check call on a homeschooling family I know where something just doesn't feel right.

The Public Defender must have been asked a stupid question:

Speaking to DailyMail.com outside court, Jeff Zimel, the Riverside County Public Defender, said the couple would remain in separate cells at the Robert Presley Detention Center unless the Sheriff decides otherwise.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arents-kept-children-night.html#ixzz54aCZVyIb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Presley Detention Center... the irony is rich.

I live 3,000 miles away and can't justify to myself (much less my DS & DH) winging or driving out there right now (alas ;)), but would otherwise take you up on that offer, forthwith & resoundingly.

Aww, thanks!

I will definitely be going to some of the trial and the pre trial if I can so even though they have obtained all the physical items they need I might still be able to meet some of you!

I'm stoked how quickly all the needs on the list were met. They were probably overwhelmed with stuff and I'm glad because it shows us and most importantly them, that the world is filled with good people.

Damn it. Tearing up again.

In so many cases we see one child that is abused, while the others are forced to abuse the same child, or are spared the abuse. I think this is the first time I've seen 12 children, all abused and the extent of what we're hearing. Not like the nursery rhyme of sending them bed without any bread...no. Outrageous abuse, starvation, torture, chaining, the list goes on.

Now imagine what those children are thinking in those group photos! Spending that money for a show, or whatever the plot was, but neglecting to feed them!!! Going to see Elvis multiple times, but the kids knew the truth. They knew what was happening at home! Having to fake those smiles. I just can't

Two years...an eternity! TWO YEARS they had started planning on how to leave that prison! Heck, most people think two days planning or two weeks planning is a long time. Most of us live in such an instant society. If someone texts and you don't answer immediately, they get offended. If they call, and you don't answer the phone, they get offended. Save up to buy something? No, use credit to get that instant gratification. And yet these children who were deprieved of love, food, affection.... planned for TWO YEARS to get out!

Admiration for the stamina to survive all those have been subjected to. I hope the DA will take in affect the trauma on those with mental issues. There's some law about harming those with disabilities.

And I hope those with the disabilities will be able to receive SS disability payments to help them. I hope they are placed somewhere they aren't subjected to more neglect and abuse ,

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

RUHS Foundation Establishes Support Fund to Assist
13 Perris Siblings with Long-Term Health and Education Needs

RIVERSIDE COUNTY, Ca. (January 18, 2018) – In response to offers of help pouring in from around the country, Riverside University Health System Foundation has opened a support fund for the 13 siblings rescued from their Perris home earlier this month, officials announced Thursday.

“Our phones started ringing almost immediately with calls from private individuals and organizations wanting to know how they can help,” said Erin Phillips, executive director of RUHS Foundation. She said the 501(c)3 charity will transfer 100 percent of all funds raised to a trust being established for the siblings’ long-term needs.

Phillips said the Foundation is focused on raising financial support for the physical, educational and other needs that will arise. The support fund can only receive tax-deductible financial contributions and gift cards, she said.

“We recognize financial gifts will not eliminate their trauma, but additional resources will be extremely important in helping these victims adjust over time,” Phillips said, adding that those needs would be ongoing.

Chuck Washington, chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors, said he is proud of the way Riverside County agencies and community-based organizations are pulling together to help the brothers and sisters.

“We are heartened by the caring individuals around the world who believe no child or adult should suffer abuse or neglect,” Washington said.

Individual contributions can be made by visiting www.RUHealth.org/foundation or by mail to RUHS Foundation at PO Box 9850, Moreno Valley, CA 92552. Corporations, foundations and individuals who need additional details for plans to support the Turpin siblings, please contact RUHS Foundation at marketing@ruhealth.org.
http://www.ruhealth.org/en-us/foundation/donate/Pages/PerrisSiblingSupportFund.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This case is just so heartbreaking. I mean, for God's sake, a 29 year old woman weighs 82 pounds! Only because her parents decided to isolate, starve, abuse, and torture her and her siblings. Every detail that comes out shows more and more the evil that David and Louise Turpin are. I literally just cannot grasp any of this.

Same. I’m overwhelmed and need some time out but I’m glued.
I’m experiencing a mixture anger and anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member