CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a long while before they can do this, because it would make them very ill. Evidently, that's what happens when you try to refuel a severely malnourished person.

Indeed. Well meaning allied soldiers entering Nazi concentration camps inadvertently killed quite a few survivors by handing out chocolate from their rations. The road to Hell, etc ...

Remember there was a comment with photo in red shirts not Thing the ired shirt.. saying 9 months will have baby 13, but baby 13 doesn't match with current toddler age.

Thanks for your work on this
Maybe she was pregnant at the time and lost the baby. That could have been the trigger that got her/them started abusing/neglecting the others to the extent she/they did.

My experiences with treating malnutrition is pretty limited, but I do remember a few things. If you've been eating little or nothing for an extended period of time, they will usually start you with liquid/soft foods that are easily digested, and no more than 800 calories/day. If they're starting with IV feedings, they may be able to start with a higher calorie content, but I've never asked anyone At the time that I was starting the process myself, I couldn't believe that anyone would eat 800 calories in a single day. (I once kept track to prove that I was eating enough, and I had eaten a total of 900 calories in 6 days.) I hope there isn't enough permanent damage to keep them from ever experiencing a normal diet, and especially being able to actually eat some pie rather than just looking at it.

Someone mentioned DT looked like he was on the autistic spectrum and I agree. Socially awkward but clearly super intellectual. Spectrum traits are more commonly passed to boys too which might explain the boys looking even more awkward. Would also explain the coordination issues.

IF he is autistic that raises another issue, since it's now believed that autism's a largely inherited condition. Current estimates are that at least 80% of cases, maybe 90%, are genetic in origin.

The antibiotics have me curious. Why would they need them? Maybe skin infections...

They would need antibiotics for various reasons.
Possible UTIs (urinary tract infections) from being left in their own waste and lack of hygiene (not their fault).
Possible/probable urine scald.
I believe they would have bedsores considering they were restrained for such long periods of time. Bedsores often become ulcerated. When these ulcers become infected the sufferer can get blood poisoning, resulting in death if not treated with antibiotics. I thought this is probably why the parents had these 'children' marching back and forth during the night - their sadistic attempt to reduce the possibility of bedsores or ulcers. (They probably had bedsores and/or ulcers and ALL of the above).!!!!!

On Fox News now; the daughter had been planning her escape for two years.

Terrible......heartbreaking.....

Her name is Elisabeth Jane. I’m just wondering if there could have been a girl named Jane somewhere in the mix?
Unless the 2 year old is named Jane, the Turpins have no daughters with that name. An earlier poster in maybe the 2nd thread posted an obituary for David Turpin's grandmother where David commented and listed all the kids in order. This was before the baby was born.

I doubt the sister, Elizabeth Jane Flores, has any credibility. She's definitely a liar in my eyes. She claims she had no contact in recent years but they were friends on Facebook. Now, this is completely MOO based on what I've seen, heard, and read but I believe that Louise Turpin was closer with her sister Elizabeth than she was to her other siblings. I think she and Elizabeth are close in age whereas the others are younger and were not as close to her. The other brother and sister seem more credible. I can't remember the brother's name but the sister is Teresa Robinette. I believe them when they say they had no clue about anything, I don't believe Elizabeth.

Here's an interesting but short video I found of her brother and sister Teresa speaking about Louise and David Turpin's early life.
https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-new...charged-with-torture-speaks-out-1138262595763

'House of Horrors' parents plead NOT GUILTY to abusing their 13 children as it's revealed the starved siblings were forced to stay awake all night in squalid home - and heroic daughter, 17, who raised the alarm planned her escape for TWO YEARS
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-parents-kept-children-night.html?mrn_rm=rta

This gets more and more disturbing. David Turpin looks like a creep. I wonder what kind of childhood David and Louise Turpin had.

I could see David Turpin as a psychopath. Louise Turpin is a willing accomplice.

I totally agree with you, I also see David Turpin as a psychopath. I see Louise Turpin as a psychopath as well. She is more than just a willing accomplice, she is just as heartless and unfeeling, maybe that makes her a sociopath. She is just as bad, and very manipulative. It was tragic that they met each other and caused so much misery.
These 13 brothers and sisters are lucky that they have been found and saved. Pity all the other victims that were never found and rescued and just had to grow up and learn to live with the abuse.

I think if the dad committed lewd acts against one daughter he committed lewd acts against most, if not all of them. I think we will be seeing more charges against him for lewd acts and rape and incest. After all, who would stop him? Not sure what those charges might be against the mom, but maybe accessory? jmo

:truce:
Agreed. They're probably terrified. And I don;t believe they can feel love for their torturers who tormented them for fun and punished them for nothing.

Remember, they were often punished for MONTHS by being chained to something, for things like washing their wrists.

These poor babies were treated like concentration camp victims.

Bbm: this is such a relevant point, post. People don't know without personal history.

What these children were subjected to is way off the radar of understanding.

It is why I don't hold anyone else accountable, like neighbors, and even family...

Who thinks concentration camps when seeing something "off" in the neighborhood?

And yet, that parallel is exactly what happened, here...

These children have no idea, either. No context, history, or any intellectual thinking ever... It makes me cry. For this is the spiritual springboard of every teenager. They are supposed to fly!

To fly!

While it might be the focus of the heroic 17 year old, who saved her sibs, the focus turns to the eldest sibs... These children, their journals, their captivity perhaps a key player in the escape. I am thinking it was an older/younger child awakening here.

Older child knew, encouraged, supported, younger sib...

I can't wrap my brain around this fully, but I do know the love of a sibling. And I think, whatever is happening here, this love, this thread, this fear for the wellbeing, this cry for help is about loving one's brothers and sisters.

prima.facie :grouphug:

Gitana said:
want to see those crazy effers in shackles.

I will definitely be going to pretrial and/or trial dates on this case.

You need to clear Feb. 23rd on your calendar! Glad to hear you WILL be going to all of it!!! Definitely better when "we" have someone in the court room reporting!

Oh my - I have 550 plus posts to read on this new thread....

Posting this, and will continue to read.... :pcguru:

That these children were polite and sweet with Elvis in Vegas, and the LAPD makes me weep even more for their safety.

I wish for them, in their journey now, they who need it will find a way...

Blessings to all these children. I can't even imagine what they are going through, but am hoping they know they are in good hands.

The antibiotics have me curious. Why would they need them? Maybe skin infections...

Abcessed teeth are a problem for neglected children who have never seen a dentist in their life (IME).

That these children were polite and sweet with Elvis in Vegas, and the LAPD makes me weep even more for their safety.

I wish for them, in their journey now, they who need it will find a way...

Blessings to all these children. I can't even imagine what they are going through, but am hoping they know they are in good hands.

I was thinking today that once those nutrients kick in and they gain enough weight to have energy to spare, that passive sweetness might turn into something else. They will have a lot of suppressed anger to burn off once they have the energy. It will be a positive thing if they reach a place where they are physically and emotionally strong enough to deal with all the complex emotions that must be accumulating under the surface. I just hope they continue to have a safe and nurturing environment, surrounded by people who can guide them through all of this.

In reading articles on long term starvation an interesting tidbit was that there may possibly be lifelong problems in
the body's ability to properly hand nutrients. Obesity is actually a potential problem. As is diabetes.

As I mentioned above, long term neglect may also contribute to early loss of teeth due to failure to properly brush teeth
and adequate dental care.

Until medical help can x-ray children, there may be all kinds of broken bones detected from past abuse. Unless
authorities are looking for these old injuries, they may never be found. (IME)

As details slowly emerge, I believe we will learn there was more sexual abuse than currently reported. These children
lived a life of fear and fear of punishment as well as secrecy of family behavior. This will not change overnight for some
of the children. Some may deny the full extent of the family sickness for the rest of their lives. (IME)

There will be lifelong mental and emotional difficulties involving trust with others. Despite therapy it is very difficult to
erase years of torture and mistreatment from the only blood relatives who should have protected you.

While I'm so glad that young girl mustered the courage to escape and report the monsters, there is much irrepairable damage done to these children. Relief, absolutely, but it's not over yet. (IME)

One of the weirder things in all this is the parents' relation to water.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-perris-couple-children-endangered-20180118-story.html
If the children washed their hands above their wrists, they were accused of playing with water and would be chained up, Hestrin said. They were shackled and fed on a set schedule.
That and the fact the kids showered only once or twice a year.

I thought someone in the very first thread had mentioned that their water bill was low for a family of 13.

<modsnip>

Who got screenshots of the Disney pictures and the “thing” shirts pictures from Facebook before it went down? (Non-blurred)? Care to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Abcessed teeth are a problem for neglected children who have never seen a dentist in their life (IME).

Yes, absolutely. Plus wisdom teeth. People don't realize the multiple health problems. Dental health is a major key to overall health.

These children, I could tell from the Las Vegas pictures have never been to a dentist, or orthodontist... This caring could make a world of difference for them. Their smiles, their spirits, their health!

I truly believe it starts from the physical necessities... Broth, soup, veggies, cream, even lamb... What a miracle just nutrition can do... Oh my, I am so weepy thinking about this.

Once they are stronger in body and soul, the rest will follow. Don't rush it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz