CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's my 2 cents....

They look thin and there are as your kids are many thin and very thin kids that eat a ton, its genetics or whatever. I too don't think they look emaciated (as LE described when found them) in the video and I too think they look awkward, thin but not abused in the sense we are reading about them now. Others think they do look emaciated in the wedding video.
I think the hospital, LE and CPS will have pictures that show these kids vastly different looking than these photos for the prosecution. LE has also stated in the news that things "escalated" in the abuse. So I'm pretty sure they will have evidence to show that. idk

Yes I agree. I fear seeing their "now" photos. I am convinced it got much worse than what we are seeing.

I have been almost obsessively hugging and kissing my boys. They are getting very sick of me.

Heads up to newbies. Against TOS to talk about pm. Requesting someone send pm and so forth according t o rules like whispering.

Not being nosey, I just don't want see anyone get in trouble. Been there :blushing:

Looks like the entire eye is puffy as well as some minor bruising on the other eye. I hope you're correct though. For shame if they hit such a little child in the face.
Anyone have a take of the eeyore pic on page 72 of this thread?

That is awful! I could not see it very well on my phone. I would hope some of the extended family would have questioned that. :(

Completely speculating here, but I wonder if there isn't a good reason to cut L's family some slack here. The parents are just ancient and in denial, but with L's whole family, isn't it possible they had been deceived into thinking that L & D had become too rich, too religious, too wonderful to need or want them? L was posting those Las Vegas & Disney vids, they had smart cars; according to one recent account (sorry, have lost track of which) she allegedly told a sister who was in financial difficulties that she, Louise, couldn't imagine what that was like. And the Bible/virtue stories; a great way of explaining why you might want to keep your brood apart and aloof from the wicked, wicked world. Perhaps her siblings & even her parents felt that DL had become elevated above their income and virtue level and had been frozen out/dropped for this reason. Just a thought.

I hope to God there's some way that the County can run a large house with the loveliest guardians for the whole lot of them. This must be almost unique, the mass emergency placement of 13 siblings, and I so hope that some original and creative responses will be found.

There's also the fact that they shared a FB, both names were on it. Says to me he didn't trust her out there alone on the internet.

Or she didn't trust him. I was never able to find a FB acct for DT, but did find one for LT which was set to private.

To me it looks like she is standing with her weight off that hip, and her jeans are probably too big giving the top an odd shape. I do notice she has evidence of small breasts here.

They look skinny for sure but if I saw them out I wouldn't have paid much attention. I reckon it got much, much worse and that is why the 17yo felt it was now or never. The level of admiration I feel for her can't be described. I am positive she saved lives.

I'm glad you posted. I was getting very caught up in that pic and thinking the worst. Hard not to think the worst with these type of parents.

Monster moms eyes are so dark and hollow looking to me. Wow!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said that while back. She has dark circles too, jmho. She looks spaced out, but photos can be deceiving sometimes

My kids participate in Lego Club, Scouts, Dance, Piano, Book Clubs, Geography Clubs, STEM class, Art, and various other activities..so the “socialization” argument is definitely moot in our case. Homeschooling is not the issue here. Cruel parents who abuse their children are.

OMG, yes!! We also homeschool our kids and when I read one of the articles talking about monitoring home schools more stringently I was like woah wait a minute! Whether intentional or not, It sounded like they were painting homeschooling in a negative light. Most homeschool kids I know have a very diverse social life and their parents are doing it for the right reasons, not to hold their kids captive. At the same time, we're homeschooling for a reason--so we don't have to be bound by school system laws, curriculum, and teaching methods.
That aside, the kept using the term homeschool and private school interchangeably in the press. Seems like a minor distinction, but here in NC one can homeschool in the traditional sense, but there is also another category called "private school". This is still a home type school but a larger group of kids and has different regulations than the "homeschool" but is less regulated than say, a large organized private school open to the general public via application. So when u get into "regulations" this could matter. So if anyone knows CA rules about this I'd be curious to know more. Haven't quite worked out in my mind yet what relevance tre distinction has in the case other than it could elucidate the parents mindset/intent. Did he/they (I have strong gut feelings that he's more the mastermind and brainwashed her too) start out with good intentions (doesn't sound that way) or was it part of his/their plan to abusive and control from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the UK - has the 20/20 already been aired? If so was there any new evidence or is it going over what we already know? Apologies, not familiar with its format

I wish I had won that $400 million Powerball lottery ticket here in the States last week. I would have bought a huge mansion for these sibling and round the clock care. I really hope some very wealthy people get involved and donate vast sums of money.

I'm still wondering where all their money was going. The bankruptcy docs in a previous post indicated that DT was bringing home upwards of $7500/mo net. The mortgage would have been a bit high, somewhere between $2-3000. But if they're not feeding the kids, not getting them medical care, have low electric and water bills due to abusive control tactics....then where is all the money going? They obviously don't pay credit card bills, so guessing it's not going to debt. Is that where the hoarding comes in, are they just spending it on crap? Drugs? Some kind of sexual deviancy? Just something really weird about that to me...

My guess is that they were living on credit a good bit, which is a very expensive way to go. And back when the first bankruptcy occurred credit card companies were poorly regulated and known for upping the limits on card as they were reached. Taking a big family to Vegas or Disney could easily max out a card. Paying the monthly minimum just guarantees debt for life. Some families got into the habit of adding new cards at that point and continuing until the easiest way out would be bankruptcy.

according to one recent account (sorry, have lost track of which) she allegedly told a sister who was in financial difficulties that she, Louise, couldn't imagine what that was like.

RSBM

Ugh more evidence that she was trying to give the perception of living a fairy tale. It says a lot about those happy family photos.

Man the houses are soooo close together. :(

Is it possible that they may think there was an infant, before, or after, the two year old? An infant, that family/friends, who are on social media, may not have been aware of, as the child was not pictured on social media, but a neighbor, may have seen an additional child. It may only have just now, started "clicking" with folks, as to what they've seen, or even not seen, when the Turpin family lived near them.

I think they are looking for anyone who can corroborate, or elaborate on, the info they are getting from the kids. Seems I recall that they older sibs were very cooperative and likely providing details, but that the children were less forthcoming. Gonna take a good long while for them to be able to sort out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper