CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They lived in Fort Worth, Texas prior to moving to the rural property in Rio Vista, TX. There are reports that they lived apart from the children and brought food occasionally, when they lived in Fort Worth.

We don't know if it was when they moved the double wide in on the Rio Vista property. (Though, that seems more logical.)

The double wide was in Rio Vista. They left in 2011 and moved to CA.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/20/horro...me-was-so-disgusting-they-lived-in-a-trailer/

The Elvis impersonator/wedding renewal officiant said that the "weddings" were on:
Oct. 29, 2011
Sept. 2, 2013
Oct. 31, 2015
http://people.com/crime/california-house-horrors-elvis-impersonator-speaks-out/

The baby appears to be +/- 6 months old in the Oct. 2015 one, so she couldn't have been pregnant with her in 2013. Maybe a miscarriage, or she was just chubby?

April 2,2016 was photo of baby and comments were same date. Saying happy birthday. Baby was eating like a little smash cake. Jmho that is pretty spot on and would be 3 this April. Jmho

Thank you for sharing all of that. I want to be you when I grow up!!!

Oh my gosh that's a really sweet thing to say!!

Listening to the sister's interview with Megyn Kelly. I can't deal. We have thirteen victims/survivors, and here she is, not once talking about them. It's about her, her psycho sister, her, then her. Lots of crocodile tears.I don't buy it.

Yeah you know the problem I have with these relatives is they seem to be more concerned with divulging lurid details with the public, and maybe distancing LT and DT from their own beliefs than with the welfare of the kids.

But the media can be persuasive and it's possible these relatives are being made to think they're doing something good by giving these interviews.

Are they speaking with LE though?

This horrifying case is reminding me more and more of the Spurgeon case in Alabama and Florida. I think there were more than a dozen kids involved including foster, biological and adopted kids. Instead of Facebook pictures, the Spurgeons had a blog. Also I read somewhere the Spurgeons had motion detectors set up in the house to prevent the children from leaving. Like moving from Texas to California, the Spurgeons also moved states...from Alabama to Florida. A 19 year old who had moved out of the house went to the police. The Spurgeons had a blog showing idyllic family photos and the blog is still on the internet http://10spurgeons.blogspot.com/ . It was all a cover for all sorts of horrific crimes against the children.

bbm

How about starting with the fact that his mother visited them 5 years ago and said everything was completely normal in their household. Defining "normal" as 12 kids in 1 house for 1 week and never a single argument between them. Sweetie this and sweetie that is how she described it. Gave me a sugar headache just reading what she said. No way does 12 siblings act that sweet toward each other in a normal household. She now says she isn't going to believe anything she reads until she hears his side of the story. Serious denial there as in David would never do anything wrong, must be that horrid media putting out fake news. That says a lot about his upbringing in my opinion. In other words he could never do any wrong so therefore any depravity he visits on his children must be the right thing to do.

JMO

Bingo.

Regarding some of the time frames changing in stories - this does not bother me. I come from a dysfunctional family, I moved away, and I had limited contact with my father for about 5 years. I had regularly flown or driven home, though, over the last 20 years to be by my father's side through multiple health crises.

Now the one where I was told over the phone that he was permanently paralyzed and dying of cancer at one of the best hospitals in the nation, you would think I could remember the year that happened, especially considering all the snafus surrounding this trip. But earlier this year I realized that it was about 15 years ago, but I had been referring to it as 10 years ago. I am terrible about time. But I also know that all kinds of details get forgotten and mixed up when families are apart. When my siblings and I discuss past events, we do not agree, we routinely have moments where we go, OMG I forgot about that! And that's on reasonably recent events, and ones you would think are memorable.

Not only that, but sometimes it takes a while to realize that something that didn't stand out in your mind at the time was actually significantly linked to some greater situation.

I'm also not certain how much of what was going on should have registered with LT's siblings. We haven't talked about it, but it's DT's brother who actually went to Disneyland with the family. He's highly educated, president of a college, supposedly very Christian, married with two kids, and he spent actual time in the presence of these kids, yet apparently did nothing, and seems to be in hiding now, even taking a leave of absence from work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I was referring to an earlier interview given by this same sister. She states having no real connection and not seeing them in years. Today’s interview mentioned family visits and Disneyland trips. There is a stark contrast in how the relationship is and has been portrayed IMO.

http://www.wbir.com/article/news/cr...her-13-children-reacts-to-arrest/51-508581469

“Louise Turpin's sister, Teresa Robinette, said their family lost touch with Louise several years ago after she left home to get married at 16 and cut ties.
My parents before they died in 2016 begged to see her. Even on their on their deathbed they asked to see her," Robinette said. "She didn’t even show up to either of their funerals. So we have really no connection with Louise in a long, long time since we were young.”

OT - I'm a well-educated woman in her 40s who was never sheltered and who cusses a lot, but I am still so naive and not with the times that as much as I have seen the whiskey tango foxtrot thing, I only figured it out yesterday in this thread!

Ok, me too, and I still don’t get it!!

I am just trying to wrap my head around the pictures, thinner here, healthier there. Fun outings with big smiles and lovely pictures some how in spite of the stench and squalor they lived in. No education, yet they kept journals and memorized whole books of the Bible and attended college classes, passed a driver's exam and

It is a Target... the customer service area it appears.

I agree...Target always displays their ads and you can see the ads in the window.

That's one freaky blouse she's wearing...skull & crossbones and broken hearts.

Lurker...this is my first post.

Just a guess here, but I think the similar clothes might be school uniforms. If you aren't near a franchise store, you can order online. An easy way to get around having the children measured. The golf shirts tipped me off because they are a very common "uniform" that is casual for gym days and such. The gingham dresses are common, especially in plaid, and very old-fashioned if you order the summer uniform dresses...

OT - I'm a well-educated woman in her 40s who was never sheltered and who cusses a lot, but I am still so naive and not with the times that as much as I have seen the whiskey tango foxtrot thing, I only figured it out yesterday in this thread!

O/T My spouse just heard me chuckle. I told him about your comment about Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. He didn't know either and he's quite a bit older than me. I then asked him if he knew what the much older use, "Charlie Foxtrot", meant. Nope. Didn't know that one either. He said he learns something new every day. FWIW, I'm the cusser, he is not.

Good point. And remember that LT recently told her brother she was "buying a school bus" and wanted to have another baby.

Maybe they were going to take this horror show fully mobile. Maybe they were getting ready to walk away from that house as well, leaving it in arrears and in squalor as is their pattern. If they did, that may have made escape way more difficult.

The city of Perris in on Interstate 215. If the Turpins traveled north to Riverside and then to San Bernadino, and over the Cajon Pass, they'd be in the high desert. Throughout that area there's small towns and large parcels of property miles from anywhere. There's some abandoned homes too. I could see this as a possible destination area as it would be fairly easy to isolate the family from outsiders.

I can. I can picture her learning to sew as a girl so she would have the skills. And I can see her picking out that pattern and fabric, both of which would be unflattering to her daughters. And I can see her working on the project while neglecting her children - "Look at what I do for you!" Doing a big task that probably means absolutely nothing to the children and then likely making them feel like it's a treat.

Just a guess, however. It's possible she bought them. I don't think she hired a seamstress as that would require an outsider taking measurements.

jmo

I could also see her sewing them herself because tbe dresses were basically for ber own selfish reasons. She would do it for her wedding to make herself happy. How would if look if the children showed up in rags, no shoes and reeking of excrement??

Everybody keeps saying it's target, but Target doesn't have carpet, does it? At first I thought it was the front desk of a doctor's office, but then I thought I saw something on the wall that looked like something from a hairdresser. Still, it looks like the front desk somewhere to me, and not a concrete store.

It almost looks like a registrar's office for a community college of some type. I don't think it's a concrete store either.

The city of Perris in on Interstate 215. If the Turpins traveled north to Riverside and then to San Bernadino, and over the Cajon Pass, they'd be in the high desert. Throughout that area there's small towns and large parcels of property miles from anywhere. There's some abandoned homes too. I could see this as a possible destination area as it would be fairly easy to isolate the family from outsiders.

That is frightening!!

#7 DOB is confirmed to be 7/27/1999

Jmho I believe #8 birthday is either 11/16/2000 or 11/15/2000. Which would have made her 17 years old in 2017. Those date is significant for a reason.

Complaint Count states "in or about 11/16/12 through and including 11/15/13" which is 1 day shy of a year exactly, date wise. Not sure if matters but, 2012 was a leap year, 11/16/12 was a Friday and 11/15/13 was a Friday also.

Also of note #4 birthday is 11/17 (1995)

This exactly. #8 probably told them that something inappropriate happened with David Turpin when she was 12 years old. She was probably born on 11/16/2000 making her 12th birthday being 11/16/2012 and she stayed that age until 11/15/2013. Hope that helps explains the dates.

Also, how do we know #7 DOB is confirmed to be 7/27/1999? Just curious. Thanks!

I was referring to an earlier interview given by this same sister. She states having no real connection and not seeing them in years. Today’s interview mentioned family visits and Disneyland trips. There is a stark contrast in how the relationship is and has been portrayed IMO.

http://www.wbir.com/article/news/cr...her-13-children-reacts-to-arrest/51-508581469

“Louise Turpin's sister, Teresa Robinette, said their family lost touch with Louise several years ago after she left home to get married at 16 and cut ties.
My parents before they died in 2016 begged to see her. Even on their on their deathbed they asked to see her," Robinette said. "She didn’t even show up to either of their funerals. So we have really no connection with Louise in a long, long time since we were young.”

It stands out to me that none of DTs siblings have given interviews (as far as I know, I still have to catch up on anything that happened today) yet some of LTs siblings have been all up in the media. LTs siblings come off to me as looking for their 15 min of fame. The sisters seem to frequently talk about how *they* have also been victims in life. I hate to sound crass, but this isn’t about them. The siblings leave a bad taste in my mouth. JMO.

My guess is at the 2013 wedding renewal because it was taken in Vegas. She has the same hair and she looks pregnant in that video. It is the one time she wears a different dress.

She "looks" pregnant but maybe it's just as simple as she just gained a lot of weight. If that's 2013 and she lost that pregnancy at that stage, she'd have likely needed medical assistance. I lost one, earlier along than it appears that she is, and I was hospitalized (and I was much younger than her. Much.). I don't know that her body would have been capable of maintaining another pregnancy, that quickly, at her age, and having a safe delivery of a full term infant.

O/T My spouse just heard me chuckle. I told him about your comment about Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. He didn't know either and he's quite a bit older than me. I then asked him if he knew what the much older use, "Charlie Foxtrot", meant. Nope. Didn't know that one either. He said he learns something new every day. FWIW, I'm the cusser, he is not.
I don't know Charlie Foxtrot, either. You're going to have to educate me. Now I know who to message when I'm confused, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member