CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the DA stated, the abuse escalated. As with many monstrous abusers, they know how to keep up appearances. How hard is it to have your neglected kids take a shower and put on clean clothes you later return, and pose for happy pictures twice per year?

So many cases where smiling, happy photos of abuse victims are shown and later on its discovered what was really going on.

As to their ability to write well no one said they had no schooling at all. As we have seen, the first daughter went to public school through third grade. And there was evidence that efforts were made in Texas to homeschool them. I'm sure they learned enough to read and write. I assume some
of the older kids were able to obtain more education than the younger.

I mean what's the point? Do you feel the DA, LE, CPS, the children, the neighbors, the medical staff are all lying?

I'm trying to understand. It's been made very clear that the kids are in extremely dire shape. The 29 year old weighs 82 pounds. They are all, except the two year old, suffering from malnutrition and muscle wasting.

The DA explained that the abuse escalated. It appears it certainly did.
I have a potential explanation for some of the big smiles. When I was a kid, I babysat a very poor group of kids who became like my own kids (they recently told me that I was a better mom to them than their mom). They lived in a pretty filthy place and with an alcoholic. The oldest had extreme intellectual disability. She could be completely miserable one moment, and have the biggest, most genuine smile the next. And it didn't take much to produce one.

In fact, all three of them had troubles of some sort, and their living and family circumstances left a lot to be desired, but it was pretty easy to get them to smile.

These kids haven't lived like we have. It's possible that these situations did produce a certain amount of joy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's also possible that they went to Vegas more times than just the wedding renewals that we know about. This photo could be late 2014, and she was pregnant with the born-in-early 2015 baby?
Can't be, her hair is much longer and natural with grey streaks when she had the last baby.

How long ago was that ?
IDK. It's one of the Disney pictures where there's an extra couple and an extra kid or two in the picture.

This whole sordid story has just sickened me - it just boggles my mind that two "parents" could systematically starve and torture 12 children for years and years. I watched the vow renewal video of 2013 and one thing that really struck me was that not ONCE did either of those parents have any physical contact with any of the children, unless it was initiated by the Elvis impersonator. Not once. I suppose it shouldn't surprise me but it just really hurt my heart. And the older girls in those higher heels trying to walk on them and not fall - that got to me as well. If they're using all their strength just to stand up and move around for 41 minutes - I can't imagine the stress of having to figure out how to move around in shoes you are not comfortable in - and clearly they were not comfortable in those shoes. I'm a firm believer in karma and karma is going to come for these two monster parents - and I hope she has her full ***** cape on when she does.

I just figured it meant, "Holy smokes!" I didn't realize it stood for an acronym? "WTF" until now!!
I am so glad to have been able to enlighten folks about something on this thread, anyway!

Me too. But as we are seeing in the R case, if it turns out that a family member was involved, then family could do a whole lot worse.

But how a parent could treat their kids this way is way beyond what I can comprehend. I can only assume (or hope) that the starvation was motivated by financial hardship, getting worse with each child born. I am like you RSD I don't think it began until after a couple of the first kids were born. It may even have began in TX if DT was laid off work. I cannot imagine feeding 4 or 5 kids on unemployment. But I am thinking food stamps were available in the 90"s? But by all accounts the first girl was born in 1988 and went to third grade which if we do the math and assume she started in 1st grade at 6 years of age, she would have been 9 at that time. So that would put it at 1997 and at that time 5 kids or maybe 6. Since their home was foreclosed on around that time then that means they were going through a severe financial setback. I could see LT maybe rationing food at that time to be able to keep the house. That doesn't in anyway make it right though, I would have put my kids first and lived in a tent in order to make sure they got enough to eat. Then as more kids were born the rationing became worse until it was just one meal a day. Of course they had to keep them from going outside and maybe telling someone about what was going on so they began tying them up (and maybe to keep them from getting into the fridge or cabinets and eating up what little food there was?).

Or maybe I am just trying to insert a rationale for totally irrational behavior.

JMO

There is no rational reason for how these children were treated. The parents are just evil IMO.

O/T My spouse just heard me chuckle. I told him about your comment about Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. He didn't know either and he's quite a bit older than me. I then asked him if he knew what the much older use, "Charlie Foxtrot", meant. Nope. Didn't know that one either. He said he learns something new every day. FWIW, I'm the cusser, he is not.

Oh !!! I get it! I am soooo computer savvy,,

She "looks" pregnant but maybe it's just as simple as she just gained a lot of weight. If that's 2013 and she lost that pregnancy at that stage, she'd have likely needed medical assistance. I lost one, earlier along than it appears that she is, and I was hospitalized (and I was much younger than her. Much.). I don't know that her body would have been capable of maintaining another pregnancy, that quickly, at her age, and having a safe delivery of a full term infant.

My guess is she looked further along because of how many times she had given birth. I miscarried my 3rd child but was only 12 weeks. I miscarried at home (on the weekend) and went in to see my OB the following Monday. Fortunately I didn’t need a D&C so I wasn’t hospitalized. A close friend of mine found out her baby was gone the day before her induction (full term). She labored and delivered in the hospital but went home a couple of days later. 3 months later she was pregnant again with her daughter (at 43).

I definitely think it is possible. Every woman and every pregnancy is different. I also would expect that she would have had to go to the hospital because she looked at least 4-5 months. Once you have had several you generally show much earlier. At least, I did and I have not had nearly as many as she has.

Can't be, her hair is much longer and natural with grey streaks when she had the last baby.

I dunno. It seems that those pictures of her with the last baby would have been +/- a whole year after the pregnant one? Plenty of time for hair to change.

*****All too true. At the end of the day, no psychiatric label or inferences drawn from whatever their childhood and marital experiences will ever really explain the choice by both "parents" to torture & degrade & destroy their own children in so many ways.

I'm a survivor myself, know many other survivors in real life and on WS and have read about many more. I long ago divided the universe of folks who have experienced personal trauma at the hands of others into two camps- those who were traumatized who went onto traumatize others, and those who were traumatized but never inflicted their own pain upon others.

Maybe I'm just a hard *advertiser censored*, but I have no use at all for those who inflict their own pain upon others. No piles of labels or intellectual theories & constructs changes my belief that we choose whether or not to harm or hurt others, and that the choice to do so is unforgivable.

Amen to what you wrote...especially the last paragraph. No need to try to attach labels or a psychiatric diagnosis for the Turpins. They were and are just evil.

Another poster upthread closed her post wondering what the end game of all this was for the parents. What did they think was going to happen down the road years from now?

I've been trying to answer that same question myself for the last day or two.

I simply can't fathom it.

As they continued to age, if they thought some of the older ones would take care of them, but both would know that would be near impossible with the treatment and life they received at the parents' hands!

Their behavior and what they have done to these children is just so very demented and twisted! I'm still speechless and I've been around awhile.

I can't wrap my head around this tragedy

would a deactivated phone still take photos? Or maybe she took photos while phone was still active.

I pulled out hubby's deactivated phone and experimented with it. You can indeed call 911 from the phone and also take pictures. Can't call any other # other than 911.

Here's an example. Following the George Zimmerman trial (for the killing of Trayvon Martin), there was some looking into whether Z could be tried for violating federal civil rights law (for profiling Martin). Eventually that was dropped. Not enough evidence to go forward.
I'm not sure how many are adults but I believe they can file their own charges against the parents.

I agree with everyone else that it's completely unnecessary and distracting for the media to be clutching pearls over an open marriage when these children went through such torture.

I do wonder though - IF the story is true - if this was DT's way of atoning to Louise for his abuse of the daughters. She wouldn't have been concerned that her children were violated, but she would have been furious that her adoring husband had strayed. So she took the narcissistic remedy and slept with someone else. Made her husband drive her to the date and then slept with him a year later in the same bed. To me, the story fits with her values and priorities, even if it's not relevant to the court case.
The sisters should stop giving all this material to the media, because it gives ammunition to the defense to argue that their clients can't get a fair trial.
While I agree that marital infidelity is far from the main issue here, if true, this does change how I see this family and this case. I initially thought that this was some extreme religious fundamentalism gone horrifically wrong, trying to protect the kids from the evil world and prepare for Armageddon. DT allowing his wife to meet another man across the country with his blessing is a pretty big blow to the image of him as partriarch of his own cult. So I guess that I said all of that to say, I think that it's OK to consider this story as part of the whole crazy picture in this case.

I'm also intrigued by the idea of DT and LT taking trips without the kids, which if true I guess is further evidence of those "internal chains" that have been referenced before in this thread.

You can take pictures with a deactivated phone as long as it has been charged.

Who is looking for FB pictures of LT and DT?

It is possible that the trips (3) to LV were for another purpose entirely just like the trip to Huntsville AL could have been for something else entirely. Huntsville is over an 11 hour drive from the Fort Worth area of Texas and it seems to me that 11 hours one way is a heck of a long drive for just some sort of motel room encounter with a stranger she met online. Everything that LT was telling her siblings seemed to project some fantasy she was purposefully telling them; therefore, on a positive note, law enforcement can start verifying if credit cards were used to book a hotel room in Huntsville and use those transactions to figure out what was really going on beneath the surface of this whole facade.

The media has far more resources than law enforcement, and can travel and do interviews in a minutes notice. Without the media, I doubt that those pictures from the house in Texas would have come to light. This has been important because this shows long term abuse, and the defense attorneys will have a hard time with a jury trying to convince them that the parents just 'snapped' a couple of years ago and could not pay for food because of financial problems and paint the parents as victims.

The story in the Mirror that was posted a few hours ago about the daily trips to Taco Bell of course paints a picture where the parents were on a first name basis with the Taco Bell employees because they were there almost each and every day, so much so that the staff knew their regular order .https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/house-horrors-parents-visited-taco-11876227 Now law enforcement can go and get statements from the Taco Bell employees.

In terms of the relatives, most of them are probably feeling tremendous guilt over the entire situation and I tend to think that if they did not come forward and speak to the press, they would be accused of being complicit to this horrible situation.

So the first picture is the Oct 2015 renewal where the baby featuresthe last picture I’m guessing would’ve been somewhere between Aug 2014-April 2015 , Aug 14 being when they moved to Perris and it looks like the house is clean in the background, so pic took before house became trashed and sometime just before the arrival of survivor #13 I still can’t figure out the second pic though, to me, she looks pregnant, in that, she looks similar in renewal 2013 hair wise and it’s the only time she wears a different dress, she wears the same dress 2011+2015 and it doesn’t look like pregnancy 13 as the hair is different lengthsidk I’m in agreement with others, I think there was other pregnancies between #12-13*

I haven’t been able to shake that (JMO) the picture of them all in red is a missing baby. The time just doesn’t work out. Like you said, the hair is so different in all of them. It’s hard to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member