CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone here catch David Muir's Nightly News this evening? Just caught the tale end of discussing the Turpin
boy that went to college. They showed a transcript of his courses and said he had perfect grades, 4.0 I believe for
all his courses. So he took numerous courses?

It IS a Target store... look at the reflection in the glass... you can see their advertising flyer.

What is the significance of where the pic was taken? I’m not being sarcastic, I genuinely don’t understand.

Oml. She looks downright scary in this. So weird. No way I can watch that whole thing with terrible Elvis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He should be arrested for impersonating an Elvis impersonator.

Your comments are so interesting. I wish that I could be as certain as you are that she's the main perp. I still maintain
that one was probably more violent/aggressive and the other went along with it and maybe was minorly abusive.
I just can't get past my opinion that they're equally responsible for the home environment as either one could have
stepped in and changed things if they really wanted to protect the children. But neither did. I can't picture that little,
short mother strangling the children or beating them. Starving, ok, I can see that. And of course they both had to be colluding to keep all the family secrets within that household. Wonder if she was aware of the sexual abuse?

Everyone MUST MUST MUST eliminate all pre-conceived notions of what an abuser may look like. MUST
my mother was the abuser in my family. brutally abused us. she is a 'short' woman and was absolutely beautiful. huge smile and elizabeth taylor eyes. model material back in the day. everyone who met her loved her. everyone.

when i was in elementary school, i walked inside the house from playing outside and i caught my mother with my baby brother with his back bent over her knee and she was strangling him. i yelled at her to STOP. i remember that moment in absolute clarity to this day.

she had two diff personalities. the 'at home' personality and the 'outside the home' personality. thats just one thing that bothers me is when people say 'but s/he didnt look like he could do that.

for those saying DT looked wimpy. in all the 'marketing' photos/videos, he absolutely does. looks like a boyish disney type character. that is not who he really is, IMO. this face....I see evil. IMOTurpinCourt-thumb.jpegturpin-court-02-gty-jc-180118_4x3_992.jpg

If you missed Ashleigh Banfield's interview with D.A. Mike Hestrin on HLN's Crime and Justice an hour ago, he is on again now.

Did anyone here catch David Muir's Nightly News this evening? Just caught the tale end of discussing the Turpin
boy that went to college. They showed a transcript of his courses and said he had perfect grades, 4.0 I believe for
all his courses. So he took numerous courses?

Good for him! I hope that is true. I was under the assumption he was taking just a class - like a course anyone in the community could take. Can we confirm he really was enrolled (as that brings up the question of having immunization records, which means doctor visits).

Looking forward to more info about this!

jmo

Just a guess here, but I think the similar clothes might be school uniforms. If you aren't near a franchise store, you can order online. An easy way to get around having the children measured. The golf shirts tipped me off because they are a very common "uniform" that is casual for gym days and such. The gingham dresses are common, especially in plaid, and very old-fashioned if you order the summer uniform dresses...

Excellent point, and very likely.

Just brainstorming... a few of you have referred to the fact that him being in his 20s and her being in high school indicated that he was a controlling figure. The relationship was certainly inappropriate and a red flag.
My take is that he was socially immature, unattractive and didn't have the social skills to strike up a friendship or romance with a woman of his own age - a female peer would have been focused on college education and future career, she would have had more sophisticated cultural references than Disney. So he found his own level with LT, someone who would respect him as a breadwinner and treat him as if he was attractive and interesting and highly educated. I don't see her as manipulated into the relationship, I see her as opportunistic, catching the slowest prey.

Just to clarify - I also see DT as completely evil and sadistic. While the children were starving and isolated, he ate well and he took advantage of their isolation to abuse them further.

Good for him! I hope that is true. I was under the assumption he was taking just a class - like a course anyone in the community could take. Can we confirm he really was enrolled (as that brings up the question of having immunization records, which means doctor visits).

Looking forward to more info about this!

jmo

In the link that Artisticx posted, the article states this:

When found, they hadn't been to a doctor in over four years and had never been to a dentist, he added.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/surveillan...ve-siblings-parents-arrests/story?id=52533621

Hard for me to believe that some may have visited a physician that recently.

And ABC headline once you view the "video" is nothing but clickbait imo. So, who knows?

The impression I got from him is that he seems genuinely nice.

jmo

Agree. If anything, he was a part of giving the victims one day of fun they were “allowed” every couple of years. He made them laugh, dance, and sing. Who cares if it was cheesy? No one goes to Vegas to get married by an Elvis impersonator expecting a black tie wedding. It was fun. the kids appeared to have fun.

I pulled out hubby's deactivated phone and experimented with it. You can indeed call 911 from the phone and also take pictures. Can't call any other # other than 911.

Thanks, I was curious about that. It still has to be charged though, correct?

BBM
This is why the last house on the farm stands empty today. Costs a lot to repair only to be destroyed. One, there was just no salvaging, so the fire dpt was permitted to use it for a practice burn.

Respectfully, are you speaking of the brick home the Turpin family lived in? If so do you have a link for that? As the current owner says he rented it out and in another media report the renter's let media in to take photos. The double wide was foreclosed/repossessed.

Jmho - the roof didn't just get bad because family lived there. Jmho that most likely why they purchased the double wide. House had been vacant for long time by time Baldwin purchased, and just like other neighbors said they went looking in houses after family left. Could have been that way when Turpins left but too many twisted stories. Jmho happens in all high profile.

"Even though Baldwin, who owns several rental properties, said he is "used to working on houses," he described the condition of the home as "bad." The mortgage company had even spent two months cleaning it up to get it "halfway presentable" before they put it on the market, he said.

"It was just nasty," Baldwin said. There was "all kinds of stuff" all over the walls and carpet, the bathroom floor was "totally rotted out," the roof was leaking, and there were holes in the walls and ceilings, he said.

took about three months and up to $35,000 to restore the home, which Baldwin uses as a rental property, he said.

The 2,300 square foot home with four bedrooms and two bathrooms was so trashed that the family bought a "brand new double-wide" and placed it several hundred yards behind the house in the backyard, Baldwin said. Although the trailer was gone by the time he purchased the property, an above-ground water line that led from the house to the trailer and an electrical meter were still visible, he said.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-mal...ed-trailer-texas-home-years/story?id=52477251

Agree. If anything, he was a part of giving the victims one day of fun they were “allowed” every couple of years. He made them laugh, dance, and sing. Who cares if it was cheesy? No one goes to Vegas to get married by an Elvis impersonator expecting a black tie wedding. It was fun. the kids appeared to have fun.

bbm. I am pretty sure the victims were conflicted. One hand, they are out in the open, interacting with the world (even if that was just with Elvis and his staffers). the other hand, they must have felt like wanting to run and never look back.

From Ashleigh Banfield's interview with D.A. Mike Hestrin:

They have learned some new things from the journals.

He did not confirm nor deny that cadaver dogs are being used.

He believes this case will go to trial.

I agree with everyone else that it's completely unnecessary and distracting for the media to be clutching pearls over an open marriage when these children went through such torture.

I do wonder though - IF the story is true - if this was DT's way of atoning to Louise for his abuse of the daughters. She wouldn't have been concerned that her children were violated, but she would have been furious that her adoring husband had strayed. So she took the narcissistic remedy and slept with someone else. Made her husband drive her to the date and then slept with him a year later in the same bed. To me, the story fits with her values and priorities, even if it's not relevant to the court case.
The sisters should stop giving all this material to the media, because it gives ammunition to the defense to argue that their clients can't get a fair trial.

I agree, keep that to yourself, it has zip to do with the case. If they'd been model parents, but down with that, we'd never known. There's enough folks having illicit affairs, seeking prostitutes, or quickies in public bathrooms, withOUT, the spouse's or s/o's, knowledge. What goes on between consenting adults is none of my business.

Thanks, I was curious about that. It still has to be charged though, correct?

Yep. His was completely dead so I charged it all night and got up and experimented first thing in the morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius