CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lay off the family. You may not like them or agree with them, but that doesn't mean you can rip them to shreds.

Like any other case, they are not to be dragged into the case unless there is something definitive that any of them knew exactly what was going on.

Bumping.

Yes, it's still sleuthing. Especially if that person hasn't voluntarily made a statement to the press, and has not been named as a suspect or person of interest.

I personally believe it is acceptable to examine the sister's statements to the media, for instance, but the college president brother has not made any statement.

Don't get us in trouble, please.

Gotcha, and sorry! Thanks for the clairifcation. Will go back and delete those posts.

Yes, it's still sleuthing. Especially if that person hasn't voluntarily made a statement to the press, and has not been named as a suspect or person of interest.

I personally believe it is acceptable to examine the sister's statements to the media, for instance, but the college president brother has not made any statement.

Don't get us in trouble, please.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I just figured since it was on the news in the MSM we could post it here. My apologies. I’ll delete my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree...unless you're leaving a bunch kids at home without food while you do your consenting-adult thing, which is what might have happened. IF this even happened....the sex story could be just a story LT told her sister as proof of their "sophisticated" life.

jmopinion

Yes, LT's relationship with her sister focused not only in preventing her sister from learning of her long-term abuse of her
children, but I think LT also probably took great pleasure in screwing around with sis, portraying her own life as superior to her sister's. Perhaps, even hoping that she could elicit feelings of jealously from her sister and revelling in it all.

I would even venture that it provided LT with great satisfaction!

Just now got in and read the "news" on foxnews.com about LT's sister telling about LT meeting a man from Huntsville online and having sex with him in a motel. I'm just going to say right now that I do not believe it. Those relatives of hers are horrible. We know that LT and DT are the scum of the earth, but the "news" should just quit airing information provided by LT's relatives.

The media will grab and run with anything handed to them.

Washington Post has said the 17-yr old escaped and called LE "minutes before sunrise" for those wanting to nail down the timeframe:

https://tinyurl.com/y7playzl

I think I read another article saying it was around 6:30am - maybe someone has the bookmark? (I can't do bookmarks anymore as my device is too bogged down with data. Too many AW screenshots. :o )

So...seems it was about two hours between the time she escaped/called LE and the time the police arrived at the house (about 8:30am).

It seems sunrise was about 6:58am on Sunday 14th - https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/los-angeles

This is an excellent excellent response post. I agree with everything you said. Some other seemingly small but very relevant dynamics are 1) that she has a private lawyer while he has a public defender. If they were on equal ground they would both be using a private lawyer and possibly being represented together. 2) courtroom affect: she is very alert and involved with her lawyer, smiling inappropriately....given the gravity of the situation she should look scared or remorseful. This is an indicator of her level of psychopathy. She feels justified in what she's done and i wouldn't be surprised if she thought she was going to get off home free or with minimal punishment.
DT's affect on the other hand is, to degree, how I'd expect someone to look. He's frowning, kinda pissed looking (haven't fully analyzed this yet, but I think in part, is directed at LT for getting them into this). I wouldn't say he's remorseful looking tho, which tells me there's something not right about him too (lol well obviously not but I get what I mean). Yet another thing is that I've yet to see LT look at it interact with DT, she's out to protect herself at all costs. She really doesn't give a rip about him I don't think. He's just another human to manipulate. Don't get me wrong. I'm not letting DT off the hook. Even if he's not the primary instigator or had no "active" role in the abuse (which I srsly doubt), he's def off his rocker to be able to stand idly by and watch it all go down. He gives me the creeps as a pervert and she's just downright scary to me. Psycho women frighten me much more than psycho men. lol. Think there are some stats on women who commit violent & heinous crimes. So in general--That overall less likely than men to comitt these crimes but when they do they tend to do it dramatically if u know what I mean.

I hope the IRS is involved in this, with that many dependents the refund would be huge with all of the write offs and "home schooling"... aside from the fact of keeping all "children" dependent by abusing them into perpetual childhood. We know one adult was allowed to take college classes, so he would be considered a student in the eyes of tax law. Big refunds= big trips to Disney, and whatever else they did.

"Homeschooling" is not a tax write off in any state that I know of.

Washington Post has said the 17-yr old escaped and called LE "minutes before sunrise" for those wanting to nail down the timeframe:

https://tinyurl.com/y7playzl

I think I read another article saying it was around 6:30am - maybe someone has the bookmark? (I can't do bookmarks anymore as my device is too bogged down with data. Too many AW screenshots. :o )

So...seems it was about two hours between the time she escaped/called LE and the time the police arrived at the house (about 8:30am).

There is a time somewhere it was iirc 4:30 or 5 ish around time allegedly went to bed to sleep all day. There is video from a neighbor surveillance catching the police taking -DT and LT out and later children.

Anyone have the link to the bankruptcy handy? I thought I remembered reading near the end of it, that HE was not employed for a period of time. Thus the need for the bankruptcy. Maybe I am remembering wrong.

This is an excellent excellent response post. I agree with everything you said. Some other seemingly small but very relevant dynamics are 1) that she has a private lawyer while he has a public defender. If they were on equal ground they would both be using a private lawyer and possibly being represented together. 2) courtroom affect: she is very alert and involved with her lawyer, smiling inappropriately....given the gravity of the situation she should look scared or remorseful. This is an indicator of her level of psychopathy. She feels justified in what she's done and i wouldn't be surprised if she thought she was going to get off home free or with minimal punishment.
DT's affect on the other hand is, to degree, how I'd expect someone to look. He's frowning, kinda pissed looking (haven't fully analyzed this yet, but I think in part, is directed at LT for getting them into this). I wouldn't say he's remorseful looking tho, which tells me there's something not right about him too (lol well obviously not but I get what I mean). Yet another thing is that I've yet to see LT look at it interact with DT, she's out to protect herself at all costs. She really doesn't give a rip about him I don't think. He's just another human to manipulate. Don't get me wrong. I'm not letting DT off the hook. Even if he's not the primary instigator or had no "active" role in the abuse (which I srsly doubt), he's def off his rocker to be able to stand idly by and watch it all go down. He gives me the creeps as a pervert and she's just downright scary to me. Psycho women frighten me much more than psycho men. lol. Think there are some stats on women who commit violent & heinous crimes. So in general--That overall less likely than men to comitt these crimes but when they do they tend to do it dramatically if u know what I mean.

Her private lawyer is just court appointed "alternate defender" counsel, receiving the exact same rate as the public defenders, and the state is paying for it. Not her. Just to clarify.

Anyone have the link to the bankruptcy handy? I thought I remembered reading near the end of it, that HE was not employed for a period of time. Thus the need for the bankruptcy. Maybe I am remembering wrong.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/louise-turpin-david-bankruptcy-family-perris/

I think this is only for one of the bankruptcies. I believed they successfully filed twice.

Edit - I can’t find a legit source for 2 bankruptcies so disregard. I can only find proof of the 2011 filing.

Another poster upthread closed her post wondering what the end game of all this was for the parents. What did they think was going to happen down the road years from now?

I've been trying to answer that same question myself for the last day or two.

I simply can't fathom it.

As they continued to age, if they thought some of the older ones would take care of them, but both would know that would be near impossible with the treatment and life they received at the parents' hands!

Their behavior and what they have done to these children is just so very demented and twisted! I'm still speechless and I've been around awhile.

I can't wrap my head around this tragedy

Thats why i think the older boy was allowed to go to college. They were going to have him start taking care of the finances once monster male retired. . Jmo

No, not at all. I was just trying to articulate that the inconsistency leads me to think that there were periods of some sort of effort towards the children, maybe with each event and move? In no way do I mean to mitigate or minimize the horrors endured by the children. I just think it was not completely linear. Like the DA said things progressed with time and as they got older, but the pictures and tidbits of information indicate it may not have been a straight line.

The impression I got from him is that he seems genuinely nice.

jmo

Agreed. I sent him an email telling him about he nice things people were saying about him here and how thankful we were that he was able to give those poor kids a few moments to feel special.

He responded and was happy to have been able to do that.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/louise-turpin-david-bankruptcy-family-perris/

I think this is only for one of the bankruptcies. I believed they successfully filed twice.

Bless you, bless you, for the link. Any chance you can post it in the media thread so it can be referred to readily? :)

There is a great deal of interesting detail in those papers.

(Relating to recent posts about royalties:

$10,637 in Quick Silver royalties in 2010.
Royalties ceased in March 2011.

Agreed. I sent him an email telling him about he nice things people were saying about him here and how thankful we were that he was able to give those poor kids a few moments to feel special.

He responded and was happy to have been able to do that.

Awwww....

:cheers:

I, too, sent cards to each of the children today. I had a lot of fun picking out individual cards (no repeats) because, from what we've seen, these children and young adults have not been given any room to be individuals or have separate identities. I hope they are able to read them and they feel supported and loved by the world.

I thought of that but I only had two handy! So I addressed one to the older kids whose names I know (inside the card) and the other is for the younger ones. I thought maybe later I could send separate ones but I don't know how long the chamber will collect for them.

Its very sensitive of you to think of their need for individuality! Very sweet.

Bless you, bless you, for the link. Any chance you can post it in the media thread so it can be referred to readily? :)

Ahh I’ve recently had to use tapatalk bc the mobile site doesn’t work for me. I will have to try to figure out how to get to the media thread. Let me work on it. If you have the thread easily accessible feel free to post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member