CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While unusual, I don't think it would have been prohibited. Haven't you heard---teenagers these days are starting to drive later and later. He's probably not the only community college student whose parents drive them to and from school.

And every college campus I've been on is very much a public space, meaning that anyone can walk around campus or sit in common areas.

It would look a little odd, yes, but nothing to call adult protective services about (remember, he was an adult by then).

Yes. I suppose you're right. I was remembering when it was first mentioned I thought I had read that she waited right outside the class. But you make more sense, if she was in the commons, or the cafe, then no one might even had known...Also yes, the transportation thing, that could have been her stated "reason" if it came up at all...

I can only imagine the frustration of trying to nourish a blossoming individual identity, living in that household! :(

I think that you are correct, the middle son is the middle in height and looks to be in a very frail state.

I think he was also the only one still in chains when they were rescued.

I think that you are correct, the middle son is the middle in height and looks to be in a very frail state.

The middle son is the 22 yr old and he was still chained when LEO came in according to DA. 14 and 11 yr old the parents got unchained.

I can only hope these two so called parents are now finding out what it feels like to go hungry, hurt and unloved. Being confined to jail cells like they confined their children...that's too humane of treatment for them. They need to be shackled in their cells, forced to live in their own bodily wastes and endure daily beatings, then maybe, just maybe they might understand how their own children have suffered. The judicial system is too kind IMHO.

Praying for justice, praying all these children are very resilient and can grow to lead productive, semi normal lives after all they have endured at the hands of the people who were suppose to love, protect and provide for them...their pathetic so called parents. These are not parents but merely monsters. May the rot in hell. MOO.

If schools are abusing, there are laws in place that should be used. Were they not and why? There needs to be controls in place for all children. If there are no laws, nothing can be done.

Exactly. The solution to that is so easy. Report it to the police and then school employees will be arrested immediately. If for some reason no action is taken, then a civil lawsuit can take care of the matter. I'm willing to bet that in the 242 year history of American education, not one child has ever been abused in a public school, as bad as these children were abused. There are laws in place to prevent that, and there should be laws in place to prevent it in homeschools too.

This is absolutely unbelievable. I had to read the title of this thread three times because it just didn't register with me....

The middle son also looks very short compared to the others.

My stepfather worked for Northrop Grumman in North Texas. IIRC, he was "laid off" (earlier retirement than he had planned) around 2009 or so. He drew unemployment benefits for as long as he could, and those benefits were extended out pretty long due to the economic collapse at the time. When the unemployment ran out, he started his retirement.

I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened with DT. He was working for NG or Lockheed (which has/had a sizeable plant in Fort Worth), was laid off, drew unemployment, then when that ran out they stopped making payments on the house in Rio Vista. They eventually moved to California NOT TO BE CLOSE TO HOLLYWOOD OR DISNEYLAND (though they told people that), but to chase another lucrative job in the defense contractor tech industry.

General Dynamic was bought out by Lockheed, and LTV (Ling-Temco-Vought) was bought out by Northrop Grumman. So he could of worked at either one. Lockheed is in Fort Worth and Northrop is in Grand Prairie.

Who knows what story she gave the school about why she 'needed" to be there.

That engine performance class may have put her son out in a garage or placed too far out of her reach for her comfort.

All if not most of these Aerospace and Defense companies are located in Huntsville AL that makes the trip to there somewhat odd.

I think both drove themselves to bankruptcy. Did anyone see the article where Turpin brought home a new Mustang every year in the OC Register? https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...-call-police-with-suspicions-about-neighbors/ is the link.

I think I was mistaken in one of my previous posts where I said that the Mustang convertible in the driveway from the Google Maps Street View from Sept 2016 may have been the one that Turpin wanted to keep after the latest bankruptcy proceeding. I think I was wrong with that assumption. It sounds from the OC Register article that it was a brand new Mustang.

Also remember that star in the window that the press refers to as a Christmas decoration? If you look at the Google Maps Street View from Sept 2016 it was there in the window then as well.

Also I think DT is probably the one that bought the floor to ceiling wall to wall meticulously cataloged DVD collection in the garage which at a minimum is probably around 2000-3000 DVDs. Who spends $40,000 - 60,000 on DVDs when the kids are starving?

Someone was quoted from Texas as saying there was 5 feet of filth in the abandoned house or trailer (not sure which one), but that they moved into the trailer when the house became unlivable. The DA also alluded to the parents living at another location in Texas and dropping off food occasionally to the children that were living elsewhere. I get the impression that he wasn't talking about the house/trailer but something else. Perhaps the children were some distance away.

I would agree with Errrr that they are each others enablers.

Exactly. The solution to that is so easy. Report it to the police and then school employees will be arrested immediately. If for some reason no action is taken, then a civil lawsuit can take care of the matter. I'm willing to bet that in the 242 year history of American education, not one child has ever been abused in a public school, as bad as these children were abused. There are laws in place to prevent that, and there should be laws in place to prevent it in homeschools too.

Respectfully, that sounds a bit simplistic. Having "been, there done that", Schools have incredible clout with LE and the system in general. It's astonishing what they can get away with. Not to the degree we see in this case of course, but if "not one child has ever been abused in a public school, as bad as these children were abused is your standard of care", than you have a point. (Look at the case of Tad Cummings, the teacher who was caught kissing a student. Yet he was allowed to continue to work there for weeks, right up until he fled with her!).

The video of the TURPINS in court made me question if he wears a wig...

I could see no discernible part..

and the texture (and the amount, as you indicate above) gave me that impression...

additionally... I noticed her hair thinning, too...

Coincidentally...The woman who stabbed and killed almost all her children and her husband (referred to in prior post in this thread) had an even more accentuated loss of hair than LT...

what any of this means... I don't know...

these are just some observations of mine...

All... JMO...

I have been wondering the same thing since the first video of the wedding 180116-david-louise-turpin-mn-1105_17cc4ca8d024c09a5c912655f62e36b7.nbcnews-ux-1024-900[1].jpg it has the perfect shine and its parted all the way at the back of his head and combed forward. Unless its a thick comb over.. it looks like an old lady Dorothy Hamill-esque wig. The Mugshot looks more like Captain Kangaroo meets Spinal Tap... JMO

Also I think DT is probably the one that bought the floor to ceiling wall to wall meticulously cataloged DVD collection in the garage which at a minimum is probably around 2000-3000 DVDs. Who spends $40,000 - 60,000 on DVDs when the kids are starving?

SBM

I was wondering if they might have bought that entire collection of DVD's from a video rental store that was going out of business. (I suspect LT can never pass up a bargain.) That would explain why they are in alphabetical order. Otherwise, they have a anal-retentive librarian in the family.

I wonder if the middle boy might have some sort of dietary deficiency that causes him to be so thin even if he is eating "sufficient" calories. I'm not suggesting he wasn't mistreated or "starved," but could part of it be that the diet was so nutritionally poor that it caused emaciation?

Thyroid problem? Surely the kids are all Vitamin D deficient from not getting any sunlight. Surely that has side effects other than pale skin.

Anyone here know anything about that?

I haven’t watched any of the videos of the survivors, it feels invasive to me (no offense to those who have). But based on comments about gait, I’m going to say that some of them could be suffering from rickets. Severe Vitamin D deficiency

Symptoms of rickets include:

pain or tenderness in the bones of the arms, legs, pelvis, or spine
stunted growth and short stature
bone fractures
muscle cramps
teeth deformities, such as:
delayed tooth formation
holes in the enamel
abscesses
defects in the tooth structure
an increased number of cavities
skeletal deformities, including:
an oddly shaped skull
bowlegs, or legs that bow out
bumps in the ribcage
a protruding breastbone
a curved spine
pelvic deformities

https://www.healthline.com/health/rickets

JMO but they probably have many other deficiencies as well...MANY. [emoji17]

I may or may not practice dietetics, but I cannot diagnose any of them. But given their history, they have had every vitamin panel drawn. They are in good hands now.

OKAY My True Crime Darlings,

I'll be closing this thread in just a bit and opening thread number 6.

Hang on. BRB

Tricia

I personally believe they purchased them, there are a couple that are a little bit different design. The younger. Plus the boys maybe they rented those. Yes on dressing. There are actually a lot if people doing t he dress up same. I noticed on my own fb feeds. The jeans and solid Polo shirts are popular than. And pajamas too lol I think just as others have said they never suspected anything til that Sunday. No one suspected anything with the photos being odd or out of place.

DA says covers the other home prior to this one yet no one has said anything about there.

To me, the dresses look like Bonnie Jean dresses you can buy in Dillards or Kohls. My daughter had one similar to these a few years ago. Here is an example of a similar one on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonnie-Jea...618529?hash=item4d5b8f9621:g:iFMAAOSw-0xYP3vo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper