CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but saying "DA manipulated information" sounds a little too conspiracy theory-ish to me.

Why in the world would he even need to "manipulate" anything?? The absolute facts of the case - the way the kids were found by the Sheriffs, malnourished and chained up, why the heck would anyone need to embellish anything? And why with something so specific, about them being taunted with food? We know they were chained up and lying in filthy beds in their own waste, and yet somehow the DA "manipulated" information?? Really??

Please explain the logic to that line of thinking.

I never thought you were denying the severity, just as I was not. But why must the the only thing we think be, " And there may be even worse things we don't know yet.". Can we not even hope some things were not as bad as it is being suggested? It would not be the very first the the DA manipulated information. (No ONE would suggest the kids are lying! Or minimize the horror that did occur. )

Sorry, but saying "DA manipulated information" sounds a little too conspiracy theory-ish to me.

Why in the world would he even need to "manipulate" anything?? The absolute facts of the case - the way the kids were found by the Sheriffs, malnourished and chained up, why the heck would anyone need to embellish anything? And why with something so specific, about them being taunted with food? We know they were chained up and lying in filthy beds in their own waste, and yet somehow the DA "manipulated" information?? Really??

Please explain the logic to that line of thinking.

Meanwhile, a defense attorney for the Turpin parents stopped by to collect clothing for the defendants to wear at their court hearing on Wednesday. The lawyer said the district attorney's office was attempting to file a restraining order to prevent the husband and wife from contacting others who might be involved in the case.

They can't be prevented from making phone calls? In jail? Couldn't they just have that privilege taken away? Visitors banned?

I don't know, the spitting doesn't strike me as flirting. She was acting like she just wasn't bothered about being arrested, like it was no big deal.

Yeah, I'm thinking it was more of a big ole middle finger combined with her being bats**t crazy. That woman, does not have the look, of an individual who has a firm grasp on reality. She's lived in her own little world too long.

Is he? I am happy to stand corrected, but I always thought the middle boy was on the far right, sort of still folded forward like he can't straighten out all of the way. But even through the blur I swear he is grinning from ear to ear. I thought the oldest boy was 2nd from the right sunken into the couch as if he didn't have an ounce of energy to hold himself up. The youngest boy is on the other couch toward the middle?

I posted about that picture earlier. I'm a little bit confused about the ages of the two older boys, who are young adults. I don't know whether the one with glasses is the older, or if the other kid is. But in that picture, yes, you can definitely see that the boy second from the right is in VERY bad condition. He looks extremely weak and like he can't even sit up. And he's definitely not smiling. It's heartbreaking. I haven't seen an unblurred version of that picture, and I think if I did, I'd probably cry.

The other boy (one with glasses) is sitting next to him, and yes he does look like he's smiling and looks a little bit better.

Would a doctor have a legal right to interfere if he/she suspected abuse? Or does that vary from state to state and type of doctor?

Satch

Health professionals are mandatory reporters; this includes mental health professionals. There are other professions with mandatory reporting....

Is he? I am happy to stand corrected, but I always thought the middle boy was on the far right, sort of still folded forward like he can't straighten out all of the way. But even through the blur I swear he is grinning from ear to ear. I thought the oldest boy was 2nd from the right sunken into the couch as if he didn't have an ounce of energy to hold himself up. The youngest boy is on the other couch toward the middle?

It looks to me like the oldest boy is on the far right, sitting up, the boy next to him looks younger and sunk into the couch. I would be happy to post it, their faces are blurred but if it isn't allowed I won't.

The last pictures that were posted were taken in October 2015 I believe. Whatever horrible emaciated shape the kids are in now brought the medical staff to tears. Most are on IVs. Lying in their own filth combined with only being to bathe once a year means serious bacterial and fungal infections and possibly open wounds (bed sores). Lack of water means many would probably have UTIs or worse (I read somewhere they were all on antibiotics). They never saw a dentist EVER so the thought that these poor kids have pain from cavities and never cleaned teeth/gums just breaks my heart.

Meanwhile the parents are taking almost daily trips to a pizza parlor and Taco Bell. I suspect that the DA has exercised considerable restraint in describing the absolutely awful shape the children are in. They are still in the hospital and I will bet they will be there for quite a while.

Here is the link to a video and article about the oldest son’s classes at CC. He maintained a very high GPA and some were core classes (Algebra, Freshman Comp, Communications). He took classes in Spring 2014 - Spring 2017. I have a hard time believing he was able to do this well with a first grade education. It makes me think that the reference was to the younger children.

http://abc7.com/perris-torture-case-eldest-son-maintained-393-gpa/2978384/

That's pretty stunning information. First, it shows at least some of the kids have much more education than we thought. Second, it shows the lengths the psycho mother would go to control and stalk her grown child. Three year ya'll! She followed him to every class for three years! How psycho!!

Finally, wow. It also shows how bright that young man is. Imagine getting such good grades under those bizarre and sadistic conditions!!!!

And what reason do you keep adult children from leaving? Because of what they know? Or is it just that they were property? Did they receive government benefits?

I think that it may have started out to keep them from outside influences (one or both parents became paranoid). Could something in DT's job have triggered paranoia? Then, as it went along, it turned into a property situation along with an actual enjoyment of controlling their lives, and meeting out cruel punishments. What an added slap in the face for the kids, especially the ones 16 and over, to have to attend multiple vow renewals, of their parents, yet they were probably never permitted to date, let alone marry the first time.

Bill Carson,

NO, I definitely think the facts of the case are indeed as horrifying as they've been reported...and possibly there are even worse things we don't know yet. I'm just saying that the kids do have some knowledge of the outside world, and they do in fact know that other people weren't treated the way they were. I think, tragically, the abuse, starvation, and torture are just as bad as what the police are reporting. We know that the conditions the kids were found in were appalling, but in order for them to be as severely malnourished as they were, and to look so weak and small in earlier pictures, the abuse must have been very severe and lasted for years.

Maybe the oldest boy picked up some real world ideas in college he transmitted to his sisters. Even though he wouldn't have had many minutes to do so with his mom lurking outside the door as soon as lectures were done.

Thinking about the dresses the girls were wearing. Seeing comments about being homemade. IF they were, then someone has very good seamstress skills.

:waitasec: By the time you get through 3 of those frocks, your sewing skills are going to be very finely honed for the final 7.

Also, with all that fabric, some sewing store clerk (e.g. Joanne's) should remember. That's a lot of yardage, and it's probably normally used for teddy bear clothing.

Is there a Butterick or Simplicity pattern with that style dress?

They probably bought them at Target during Christmas. During the Holidays, moms like to dress up their daughters in party frocks, so stores sell them.

Please can someone help me out and explain this to me in really simple terms? Coming from an island as small as the UK I get really confused with your different state laws and how charges work for crimes committed in more than one state.

If LE believe that the same crimes that they have been charged with also occurred when they lived in Texas, i.e. the same offences against the children but going back to before they lived in California, would this mean additional, separate charges to those already issued or would it mean extending the time period in the detail of the existing charges? Would proof that the children were abused in Texas increase their likely sentences?

Clearly if LE were to be looking for human remains then that’s another story altogether.

Lack of evidence and statute of limitations, would have a lot to do with it. Also the fact that California already has enough evidence against them to keep them in prison for the rest of their lives, means it would just be a waste of resources to try and convict them in Texas of the same charges.

I posted about that picture earlier. I'm a little bit confused about the ages of the two older boys, who are young adults. I don't know whether the one with glasses is the older, or if the other kid is. But in that picture, yes, you can definitely see that the boy second from the right is in VERY bad condition. He looks extremely weak and like he can't even sit up. And he's definitely not smiling. It's heartbreaking. I haven't seen an unblurred version of that picture, and I think if I did, I'd probably cry.

The other boy (one with glasses) is sitting next to him, and yes he does look like he's smiling and looks a little bit better.

Thanks all. I was/am thinking that the son with glasses is the oldest. The one I believe is the middle son is is the one with the short pants in the wedding video, crossed eyes, and walks with toes pointed in, and middle in height of the 3 sons. I could be wrong, just clarifying what I think.

I really admire that 17 year old. I grew up in an abusive home, my adult children have asked me why didn't I fight back?
Because it never ever occurred to me. The thought never crossed my mind. I guess in my mind I just accepted being powerless. But good for her, saving herself and her 12 siblings. I can't say enough about her.

A serious physician would do checks on vaccinations, blood work, see the malnutrition in these kids. Even a complete C-Scan and MRL of their bodies. Would a doctor have a legal right to interfere if he/she suspected abuse? Or does that vary from state to state and type of doctor?

Satch

RSBM

The following are mandated to report abuse (some may vary by state). Failing to report could lead to losing their license/job:

Child care providers
Caregivers
Clergy, clergy-penitent privileged communication is exempt in most states.
Counselors and other mental health professionals
Medical examiners and coroners
Health care providers
Police and other law enforcement officers
School teachers, coaches, guidance counselors, principals and other school personnel
Social workers
Women's Health clinic practitioners (in some states)
Film Developers (for child *advertiser censored* purposes)

That's pretty stunning information. First, it shows at least some of the kids have much more education than we thought. Second, it shows the lengths the psycho mother would go to control and stalk her grown child. Three year ya'll! She followed him to every class for three years! How psycho!!

Finally, wow. It also shows how bright that young man is. Imagine getting such good grades under those bizarre and sadistic conditions!!!!
bbm

I wonder how the heck she even got away with doing that? I don't think the school I attended would have even allowed it, or if they had to, it sure would have raised a few inquiring eyebrows... It would have undoubtedly be seen as a red flag, to my mind.

Shhhh. Don't say that too loudly. I was nearly burned at the stake for suggesting that in the very first thread. After all, why wouldn't we blindly believe everything we read the press? ;) but I ( not so) secretly hope that we're right!

You can be sure the lawyers will point out that every kid under 14 is held against their will at some point. " You're grounded". "Go to your room" etc. Unfortunately for the Ts, the math will do them in. Half a dozen chained adults should keep them nicely locked up.

Thanks for this link. I had missed seeing this video. I paused it at 1:08 and this is what is posted as his classes.

Spring 2014
Math 090 Elementary Algebra
Fall 2015
Engl 098 English Fundamentals
Math 096 Intermediate Algebra
Mus 101 Music Fundamentals
Spring 2016
Mus 125 Guitar 1
Mul 110 Introduction to Multi
Com 100 Public Speaking
Engl 101 Freshman Composition
Math 105 College Algebra
Summer 2016
AUME 100 Basic Auto mechanics
Fall 2016
MUS 127 Guitar 2
Spring 2017
AUME 119 Basic Brake Systems
MUS 214 Guitar Ensemble
AUME 122 Engine Performance 1 *withdrew from class in Feb*
ANTH 115 Intro to Archaeology *B*

With the exception to the last two classes, he made A's! Smart guy!

Serious question, DA states they all slept all day and up all night. Was it evening/night classes?
http://abc7.com/perris-torture-case-eldest-son-maintained-393-gpa/2978384/
That son was a student at Mt. San Jacinto College for six semesters and maintained a 3.93 grade-point-average, according to a transcript obtained by ABC News.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b9gfimgjeXk

Thanks all. I was/am thinking that the son with glasses is the oldest. The one I believe is the middle son is is the one with the short pants in the wedding video, crossed eyes, and walks with toes pointed in, and middle in height of the 3 sons. I could be wrong, just clarifying what I think.

I think that you are correct, the middle son is the middle in height and looks to be in a very frail state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper