CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking about the fact that the 17-year-old started planning her escape 2 years ago. I've been thinking about what might have happened 2 years ago to make her realize that things were unusually bad. Besides the birth of the 2-year-old, that also seems to be about the time that the traveling and Facebook posting/comments stopped. I wonder what kind of trigger there was to make things go downhill even faster than they had been?

Beginning 2016, both of Louise's parents died, 3 months apart. It's my belief that those events may have contributed to increased mental instability and to the 'escalation in abusive behavior the past few years' that LE mentioned. We've been told that June 2016 was when the family trips stopped, and that May 2016 (when her dad died) the Facebook comments from family members stopped. (Likely due to bad feelings over the second family funeral in 3 months not being attended by them.) Increasing isolation only fed the downward spiral.

JMO

Agree, they are usually severed rights here also. I was surprised he had both surface and mineral rights in TX.
I think when they bought that property it was prior to the fracking that made gas wells commonplace in the area.

I can't open the link. It says it's not valid. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Opened fine for me.

It basically says that at age 40, Louise started drinking and gambling (going to Vegas) after always being teetotal. Blames a mid-life crisis.

Some people really like breastfeeding alot.
But I think the brother is right, that she fantasized about being a reality TV star and so the starvation was more important for the older kids to keep them looking like kids. I think the wedding and Disney events were all just photo ops and would be interested to know if she had submitted them to agents or studios.

Ugh, did not know her brother said that. I went and googled the only reality show with lots of kids and found this:

http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/zanessa...862/what-episode-did-jon-kate-go-disney-world

Right down to the matching outfits for the girls/boys. It also looks like Jon and Kate took the kids to Disney multiple times.

I feel ill all of the sudden. SMDH

I tend to agree with those who say the food depravation ebbed and flowed. I don't think they were ever overfed, but sometimes their food was more adequate and sometimes they were forgotten or being punished and went days with nothing but cans of sausage or nothing at all. Ive seen pictures where it looks like these kids are so depleted they are near collapse and others where they look just simply slender. Up and down on the time line. I also think it is implausible that all were always starved equally. Some kids may have even shared their portion with a more needy child or hoarded more than thier share. Perhaps all of the children donated a morsel to the girls who had been chosen to escape to build them up a bit and suffered more for that sacrifice. Or all contributed to the boy going to school. Perhaps that one meal a day was forbidden if a child misbehaved in some way? You also have to account for basal metabolism. Some kids would burn calories differently and process food differently. Imagine the older boy at that buffet thinking that if he could get enough food before Mom came, he could give his portion to some one else for a couple days? The possibilities are endless, but I don't think we should assume that everything was uniform in any way.

I watched that Model Home tour video. The "great room" is quite large, and at the back of the house.....you can see the patio furniture out the window. Reports showed that the window at the FRONT of the house, had the screen cut. I think that that room may have been a bedroom or used as a bedroom, from which #8 escaped. If so, she didn't have to jump a fence.....just get out fast and run down the street. (my guess is that the room was locked....and maybe farthest away from monsters). Originally I thought that window was to the living room and was amazed that no one saw the cut out screen.....but then I realized that the living room is at the back of the house. JMO

The window in the front of the house where #8 escaped is bedroom #4. Yes, it is on the exact opposite side of the house from the master bedroom. The master bedroom and other rooms are near the great room and on the opposite side of the house.

I wonder if the deputy never got close enough to knock on the door or was met out by the drive? I wonder because I was at a home to help someone move, but had no clue til we arrived. I began to smell an odor about ten feet from the front door. I made it to the front door, and past the threshold, and had to back out. It was horrible. My stomach was lurching. The home itself didn't look that bad though, but I couldn't stick around to search out where it was coming from. It was all upstairs, I later learned, from two folks with cast iron stomachs. My point is, the home that I was at, was a pillar of cleanliness based on what it seems the T. homes were, so if I could smell that, within 10' of the front door, of the home that I was at, I have to wonder if the deputy smelled an odor or noticed the piles of rancid trash on the property?

Was this something that was reported? If so, what was the response and outcome? I so wonder why someone did not report the stench. Was the mail delivered out in the street or at the house?

I tend to agree with those who say the food depravation ebbed and flowed. I don't think they were ever overfed, but sometimes their food was more adequate and sometimes they were forgotten or being punished and went days with nothing but cans of sausage or nothing at all. Ive seen pictures where it looks like these kids are so depleted they are near collapse and others where they look just simply slender. Up and down on the time line. I also think it is implausible that all were always starved equally. Some kids may have even shared their portion with a more needy child or hoarded more than thier share. Perhaps all of the children donated a morsel to the girls who had been chosen to escape to build them up a bit and suffered more for that sacrifice. Or all contributed to the boy going to school. Perhaps that one meal a day was forbidden if a child misbehaved in some way? You also have to account for basal metabolism. Some kids would burn calories differently and process food differently. Imagine the older boy at that buffet thinking that if he could get enough food before Mom came, he could give his portion to some one else for a couple days? The possibilities are endless, but I don't think we should assume that everything was uniform in any way.

Thank you, I too feel it was systematic but not necessarily continuous.

forgive my fixation here on the food. I just have this idea about kids subsisting on say 1200 calories a day would need every bit of that to function. They would not have glycogen reserves or fat reserves so any drop from that minimum standard would put them quickly into crisis mode.

I want to share my experience with starvation or near starvation, not to draw attention to something that happened to me in the far past, but to shed some light on what I believe these kids endured. I was starved for 29 months from 15-17.5. The experience still haunts me decades later. My weight dropped rapidly the first weeks of my captivity. I remember on day three climbing off my upper bunk and my legs literally collapsing under me. We were fed three small measured and rationed meals a day two meals on Saturday and Sunday. but those meals were predicated on perfect behavior. Girls who had lost the privilege to eat had to sit and watch the others eat. Girls who were not allowed to eat had to still help prepare, harvest, store and clean up food. Garbage cans were sealed and secured locks on refrigerators, doors etc. The never ending hunger was all consuming. All we thought about was food. Eventually we were forbidden to talk about food because we were all so obsessed. Girls risked bloody beatings to slip a muddy baby potato in their mouth while gardening or eat a crumb off the floor while mopping the kitchen. Girls licked their hands compulsively for the salty flavor and we ate our scabs, snot, paper anything leather we chewed on.
Sometimes there would be a feast, food our bodies desperately needed but created a shock to our systems. After one of these special occasion feasts girls would be doubled over and rocking in pain and vomiting. (Bear in mind that anyone who vomited was beaten for gluttony)
When visitors like board members or parents were scheduled food would be improved. I suspect to fatten us up a bit. We were weighed every Saturday morning and our weight charted publicly for some reason. over weight girls who arrived were put on half portions or our meager fare. That was literally a half cup of food. The for was unspeakably bad. Nothing normal people would eat. Raw bran like you would feed a horse was breakfast. Dinner might be a cup of boiled beans and a cup of boiled greens. None of us menstruated from the first week we were there. We all regressed to look like young children instead of teens and this was proclaimed to be evidence of the work of the Holy spirit softening our hard rebellious countenances and hearts. Our sudden childlike appearance was further enforced by the knee high socks and silly childish pinafore uniforms we wore each day. Bathroom use was considered a privilege and brutally regulated causing some girls to lose control of their bladders. That humiliation was not enough, Diapers were used in a very open and invasive way to further break down these poor souls.
I remember how my joints hurt all the time. Sitting in a metal chair for hours at a time was agony, a fine pelt of hair grew up my spine while my pubic hair and under arm hair disappeared. I was cold always and sleeping was hard on the thin mattresses because my hips and arms and spine had no cushion or protection. I remember that I would intentionally soak the arms of my flannel nightgown when I used the bathroom before bed so I could suck on the sleeves and get some relief from the horrible dryness of my mouth and throat when I slept. I remember that my hips and thighs were so small that I had to either hang on to the sides of the toilet or spread my legs wide so I did not slip in. My knees were the largest part of my legs. Mostly, over everything else, the gnawing pain of hunger. When there was food we ate all of it, as much as we could because we were compelled to by our depleted bodies. One time we were served freezer burned cow tongue baked on cookie sheets in an oven with no seasoning. The taste was awful and the meat was so tough it took us forever to chew it enough to swallow it, our jaws ached, but we sat and chewed and chewed and chewed that precious morsel of vile meat because we had too, our bodies demanded it.
When I left that place I suffered excruciated pain after eating fatty rich foods. Once I even ended up in an emergency room. I gained weight quickly and went from 88 pounds to a healthy 145 for my height in less than 5 months. I was covered in stretch marks, between my fingers, my neck, my breast exploded from a 30 AAA to a 34 DDD and I went through puberty all over again in a matter of months. I have struggled with food every since. I want all of the food all of the time. I feel sick if I have to throw away food and find myself planning for "next time" I cannot get food all the time. That was just 29 months......just a fraction, a parentheses, compared to what these poor children endured.

Oh my! I am heartbroken reading this, for you and for the survivors. Thank you for sharing your experience, you have personified something that I could only imagine. I hope your tormentors were punished for what they did to you. :hugs:

Opened fine for me.

It basically says that at age 40, Louise started drinking and gambling (going to Vegas) after always being teetotal. Blames a mid-life crisis.

Funny how these siblings who haven't seen the Turpins in years know certain details, such as LT and DT experimenting with sex, drinking, gambling, etc... but they knew nada about the torture going on. I don't believe much of what her siblings say. They dived head first into the spotlight far too fast. Not to mention their stories seem to change ever so slightly (or not so slightly) each time they are in the media.

This couple had no long term stability in their history, IMO. Their whole lives were chaotic.
Or it could have been:
Hard living in the feces and urine infested 4 yr. old house.
It was time to let someone else clean up the crap and waste in the home
They were both bored
Ok. is closer to L.V. for their next vow re-newal
Time for another foreclosure or BK -
Someone was on to them

Perris, CA to Las Vegas, NV = +/- 250 miles
Oklahoma City, OK to Las Vegas, NV = over 1,100 miles

(I presume that you were joking with that one, but your geography is way off)

Funny how these siblings who haven't seen the Turpins in years know certain details, such as LT and DT experimenting with sex, drinking, gambling, etc... but they knew nada about the torture going on. I don't believe much of what her siblings say. They dived head first into the spotlight far too fast. Not to mention their stories seem to change ever so slightly (or not so slightly) each time they are in the media.

Totally agree with you. None of this family or his family either, have any credibility for me anyway.

Perris, CA to Las Vegas, NV = +/- 250 miles
Oklahoma City, OK to Las Vegas, NV = over 1,100 miles

(I presume that you were joking with that one, but your geography is way off)

I hesitated putting that in there but I was on a roll.

Only neighbors I am aware of are the Vineyards, talking about animals but may missed.

Media twists. And then people repeat. Other media misreports.
In this article, dogs allegedly came out of brick house, that no one had lived in since Turpin's purchased double wide (5/2004 bankruptcy doc)
Turpin's lived in Rio Vista until 5/2010 (bankruptcy doc) yet neighbors interviewed didn't know were gone until bill collectors came by and knocked on their door inquiring about. This would be summer in Texas so jmho anything in dumpster would smell that way. As far as kitten in dumpster, we don't know how big cat was, but article says allegedly heard other whimpering around property. Jmho very well could be cat climbed into dumpster looking for food as happens not only in country but in town/city as well.
Jmho
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...amily-left-kitten-dumpster.html#ixzz5528FVo7E
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Judging by the way they treated their children, I can imagine they'd have no problem abandoning animals. Also the pictures of the interior of their last home were disgusting.

I wonder if the deputy never got close enough to knock on the door or was met out by the drive? I wonder because I was at a home to help someone move, but had no clue til we arrived. I began to smell an odor about ten feet from the front door. I made it to the front door, and past the threshold, and had to back out. It was horrible. My stomach was lurching. The home itself didn't look that bad though, but I couldn't stick around to search out where it was coming from. It was all upstairs, I later learned, from two folks with cast iron stomachs. My point is, the home that I was at, was a pillar of cleanliness based on what it seems the T. homes were, so if I could smell that, within 10' of the front door, of the home that I was at, I have to wonder if the deputy smelled an odor or noticed the piles of rancid trash on the property?

That dog bite sure is a strange situation. It makes me think of the awful bruising on one of the youngest girls in the castle photo with extended family present. I don't think the dates line up to be where the family saw her, they claimed dog bite, leading to a police report, but the thought crossed my mind originally.

It doesn't explain their ongoing olfactory offensiveness, but I do believe pig is a particularly foul and pervasive fecal smell. Having lived and worked in customer service in farm country: the pig farmers, bless their hearts.

I don't know if one or two pigs could be expected to be that foul, but an overwhelming smell of animal **** from an unkempt farm might not really raise a red flag for a busy, rural cop?

I don't even know if the pig and dog bite are the same house. And I can't even keep the boys straight with blurred faces, so feel free to scroll and roll as needed, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member