CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the kids are wearing Camp Rock/Jonas Brothers t-shirts, I wonder if they were allowed to watch it/were fans or if LT bought them purely because they are Disnay?

Many posters are questioning what triggered the 17 year old to decide to escape now. I don't think she "decided" anything. I think that for two years, she had watched for the opportunity to get away undetected and/or get ahold of that phone /take pictures, and the morning she escaped was the first time everything fit together. The preparation for moving very likely provided her the chance. The parents may have forgotten to properly lock up something. They may have had to put children in different rooms due to boxes in the way. In order to help with the packing, the children may have been allowed in rooms normally forbidden and were able to swipe the phone or charger from storage. Or they may have had the phone for two years, but not been allowed in the rooms where children were shackled or not had the chance to snap pictures undetected til then.

I don't believe it is a coincidence that she had planned this for two years and the youngest child is 2 years old. Or that the youngest child is well fed. She may be breast fed and the child of the 17-yo.

”Mom” and “Dad” surely didn’t go without food. He has a “beer belly” and she has some pretty hefty arms in that wedding dress. So incredibly sad....

The earlier links to their booking information and charges list their weights and heights. They were both "Overweight" according to the BMI calculators on the web while the kids were emaciated and starving.

DT - 6 ft 1 in and 220 lbs
LT - 5 ft 1 in and 140 lbs

Parents are overweight. Kids are skeletal and starving.

Many posters are questioning what triggered the 17 year old to decide to escape now. I don't think she "decided" anything. I think that for two years, she had watched for the opportunity to get away undetected and/or get ahold of that phone /take pictures, and the morning she escaped was the first time everything fit together. The preparation for moving very likely provided her the chance. The parents may have forgotten to properly lock up something. They may have had to put children in different rooms due to boxes in the way. In order to help with the packing, the children may have been allowed in rooms normally forbidden and were able to swipe the phone or charger from storage. Or they may have had the phone for two years, but not been allowed in the rooms where children were shackled or not had the chance to snap pictures undetected til then.
I would lean to think the last trip to LV provided the inspiration. More of them had become adults, they must have had some taste of freedom on those trips, and perhaps that led to an insurrection of sorts that caused the escalation of torture, after all LT couldn't start letting the large family come apart just as she was having the additional kids to make them rich and famous.
I read that the escape plan was more than just Hero#1's idea. And she felt sure that she was risking her life to save them all. Wasn't it smart to have the phone and charger and take photos, cut the screen and slip out. They could not take any chance of not being believed and returned like the first time, not since one or more of the siblings had become quite debilitated. Parents had to be at home but unaware she was missing.

Not medical, but every body is different. I am 5' 3" and if I get below 110 lbs I truly look like a disgusting bag of bones. Other people can look fine at same height and weight. A lot depends on distribution and muscle mass, I think.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Exactly! I am a tall big boned gal who looks gaunt at 160

Gosh look at some of those turn ups on the girls...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have not heard them called "turn ups" before and I think you mean the bottom of the pant legs being folded up so the pants fit. Yea its incredible. You can tell the parents didnt even get their kids properly fitted clothes.

You can tell the bottoms are not sewed because one of the older girls the folded area fell down. Its so sad.

This photo is a good example of their weight being so thin. Look at how all their arms are really thin from the oldest all the way down to the youngest. Very little difference in arm circumfrance. So sad. There should be much more disparity in arm thickness based on their ages and we dont see that. Ugggggg

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=129168&stc=1

They had to receive nutrition through IVs, right? I don't understand the debate about just how thin they were. If you ever weighed only 80 some pounds at some point and did not need IV-delivered nutrition, then your health situation was not comparable.

Agreed!

I was 95 pounds at 26, when I went for my first pregnancy appointment. I was NATURALLY that way. Being naturally thin does not mean you're unhealthy. These children weren't this thin naturally. They were starved. Doctors have said their muscles were wasting. Being naturally thin and being starved cannot even be compared. It's silly!!!!!!!!!!

BBM

But looking at the pictures of LT when she was a girl and of her mother also they were both thin. In the wedding picture of LT when she was 16 she was also very small and I would venture to say she only weighed around 100 lbs.

Does anyone else get that from looking at the photos of LT and her family that were taken when LT was young?

LT mother was thin. The older girls are taller than LT in photos and LT height is 5'1

I wouldn't call myself a brave survivor tbh and I haven't been through anything that even compares to what these poor babes have suffered, but I do have some experience I think. When my sister and I in our late 40s had a few weeks, when due to tragic circumstances, when we together every day and most nights, we did a lot of talking. Because of the situation that was happening then we were trying to understand how someone could act a certain way, ended talking about when we were kids which we quite rarely did, it was too deep sometimes to go into. Anyway we discovered after looking a few things up that mum was very much NPD, not that I'd ever tell her to her face! lol I actually found it really traumatising looking things up and remembering things I thought I'd forgot. So many traits were perfectly described, the scapegoat and golden child, the apparent lack of love for own children but looking like the perfect mum with all her well behaved kids, the gas lighting, the hoarding and the total selfishness that demands everything be about them - nothing else matters. Mum is/was also very beautiful and young looking at any age, always getting male attention and admiration. And still there's the guilt for every time you feel hatred or bad feelings, it's a constant head **** sometimes to be honest. We actually live our own happy content lives as adults, family parties a couples times a year were quite stressful for me due to this constant confusion regarding my feelings to mum. So it was only when my sis and I starting talking that we really realised what we'd lived with as kids, then we found out what it all meant and put a name to it. Although it has given us some answers It's still upsetting and more so when you read something as sad as this. So in answer to your question, it made me feel better that we had discovered why but also really sad to think about it, which I try not to too much.
Yeah, I think it depends on the person. I don't know if it will ever help me or not, but I am really driven to find out what made my father the way he is.

Also, last month I was informed that a beloved friend of mine who passed away had molested his sister when they were kids. She is also much, much loved by me. I nearly started a thread in the jury room to ask for help and advice from WSers. I was really torn up.

I personally had a need to understand more fully what had caused this, but I didn't know if she did. Anyway, I decided for my own sake to do some digging and research. I then wrote a letter to her that I didn't intend to send, just to sort it all out in my mind.

The next time we spoke, the discussion led us there. I carefully told her that I had more information but that it was up to her if she wanted to know. She did, and she said she felt better about it after I gave her what I had come up with.

Bottom line is, I think, that each person may feel differently about this.

He wore the same clothes everyday.

OMG!

I mentioned the following story in another case on our form. I had a high-school teacher, that also taught Middle School, (back than, it was called Jr. High.) On two occasions with two separate kids where he taught in Middle School, they smelled so badly that he finally couldn't take it any more. In each instance, he took the kids down to the gym teacher and said, "These students are kicked out of my class until they are properly cleaned and groomed each day, and wearing clean clothes." I wonder what would have happened if someone had done the same to the Turpin boy?

Of course as an adult, he would be responsible for himself. However, there comes a point in time where you have to take action.

Satch

The earlier links to their booking information and charges list their weights and heights. They were both "Overweight" according to the BMI calculators on the web while the kids were emaciated and starving.

Sickened! Pissed off! Irked! No words strong enough for how this makes me feel.

Has anyone seen this photograph anywhere else? It showed up in the TV interview with LT's sister but I haven't seen a quality shot of it. This is the only photo I've seen in which the kids are all wearing different shirts...but they are all wearing matching baggy pink bottoms? For some of the girls, the t-shirts look like they might have celebrities on them but I really can't tell. So bizarre.
attachment.php

Never seen but jmho any that got came from FB that were not profile or cover photo. They probably selling them. Grrr

Has anyone seen this photograph anywhere else? It showed up in the TV interview with LT's sister but I haven't seen a quality shot of it. This is the only photo I've seen in which the kids are all wearing different shirts...but they are all wearing matching baggy pink bottoms? For some of the girls, the t-shirts look like they might have celebrities on them but I really can't tell. So bizarre.
attachment.php

Probably after bath. She could have at lease rolled the pants under.

Do you link that clothing were "filthy". Possible but stating as fact I want to read. Thanks. Looking at photos example all on couch, the jeans look worn and maybe stained from being hand me downs, but I haven't seen that #2 clothing at CC were filthy. Even in photos one with CARS, middle boy pants are rolled up, in another LT has her pants rolled up. Just things I noticed
We know he wore the same clothes every day. Whether they looked filthy or not, they likely were.

disgusting

Yesterday, the District Attorney made just a few remarks on GMA. He said words to the effect that the children were doing well and working with LE providing good information and would be testifying in the future.

I took that to mean that the children, both minor and adult, are being interviewed and providing good, useful information about their treatment over the years. I'm sure that between now and any future trial, the charges are going to change. More charges are likely to be added, especially in these first weeks/months as new information comes to light.

Oh would I love to hear and see all the kids testifying against their parents, just screaming at them and even cursing them out for what they did to them! If any of you have seen the classic Al Pachino movie, "And Justice For All" with a courtroom ending that has me CHEERING each time. It would just be awesome to have those kids put those monsters in prison for life!

Not saying that they would be ready to do something like that. But if they did, the world would be watching and cheering for the kids!

Satch

It would not mitigate in any way what they did.

I agree. Speaking as someone who has largely come to peace with the abusive parent, that whole process was independent of any diagnosis or issues the abuser had.

OMG!

I mentioned the following story in another case on our form. I had a high-school teacher, that also taught Middle School, (back than, it was called Jr. High.) On two occasions with two separate kids where he taught in Middle School, they smelled so badly that he finally couldn't take it any more. In each instance, he took the kids down to the gym teacher and said, "These students are kicked out of my class until they are properly cleaned and groomed each day, and wearing clean clothes." I wonder what would have happened if someone had done the same to the Turpin boy?

Of course as an adult, he would be responsible for himself. However, there comes a point in time where you have to take action.

Satch

He may not have come back to school if that had happened. Or at least that was the case of a child during my teen school years after a teacher handed a child a bar of Ivory soap and told her to go home and wash with it.
This was done in front of other students and was due to other kids complaining about the child having bugs in her hair and dirt up and down her arms. Horrible.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne