CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, human. All I know is my sheetrock didn't expand like a wet book. My whole neighborhood got right back in asap and removed all wet belongings, carpet, furniture, etc, and threw it out in our front yards. We all removed baseboards and ran fans. In my neighborhood, we were the exception to the rule on sheetrock because we just removed/replaced ours. Most neighbors kept theirs. We didn't opt for this method, but some of my neighbors drilled or cut holes in the sheetrock to let air in to help dry, then patched the holes later.
Another problem is, if your HVAC ducts run under your home, instead of the attic, they also fill with flood water (which ours did).

I have stared and stared at the floor in this picture, and I see Disney characters on the floor...enlarge and if you look carefully (top of princess' head toward large window), you will see them, a lot of them. Was this a blanket or a large rug? If anything looks like poop it is what's on top of it.

If you look at this pic. you can see that there was a bed in the corner under the windows, there is no damage to the floors from the padding being ruined as in the rest of the room, thus not caused from flooding.
When a home is built the sheetrock, or drywall, is installed and baseboards installed then caulked then painted.
When the baseboards are removed, because of the caulking, it tears the paint and paper layer, from the drywall, off the walls. That's why you see the wall damage on the lower walls even in the area where the bed was.

Years ago, there was a boy in the news who had been starved by his parents or foster parents (can't remember for sure).
Over the years, he had learned to regurgitate, and throw up into his mouth to have something to swallow. After he was rescued from that living hell, the new family he went to live with said that even though he had food available to him, and was going through therapy, he was still throwing up to eat it instead of reaching for food.

I was reading a recent article on long term starvation and it mentioned many survivors will have a lifelong eating disorder including even obesity.

For EuTuCroquet:

See link above for article I quoted on long term neglect. Thanks December, this is a very informative article.

You're welcome. Thanks for relinking.

Texas is not prone to earth quakes.

I have not ever seen a chained refrigerator in my life (in the United States). Refrigerators are not really prone to toppling over here, even empty they are pretty heavy.

My new range came with a clip to attach it to the wall, not a chain. I've never seen a refrigerator with a safety clip or chain.

BBM
I'm not trying to minimize anything, but I experienced a devastating flood in 1986. We had to row in a boat to our home to see it. People who haven't lived through such a flood, usually don't have any idea of the filth involved. It's not fresh, crystal clear water pouring into the home. It's backed up septic tanks from your home and your neighbor's, raw sewage, pond scum, etc. Brown sludge/slime coated everything. Dead animals were in my yard, dead fish, snakes, trash washed onto my property from area dumpsters. The photo of that bathtub looks just like my tub did after the flood from the nasty flood water and backed up septic system. Like I said, I'm not minimizing any poor housekeeping habits of LT and DT, but if that house flooded, the defense will definitely bring up the flooding as a defense.

So sorry you went through that, it is devastating. The flooded houses I have seen have clear water lines which I do not see in any of the pictures in either Ft Worth or Rio. And flooding can be researched. Plus, remediation needs to be swift.

Bbm: But, it occurs to me that maybe the septic backed up and was never repaired and that explains the condition of the horror show bathroom in the Rio house?

In the pics where paint is peeling off the drywall I think that is wear and tear in a humid environment. Furniture moving will do that. Imo. And the fridge would have a vent grate on the back which could've scraped the paint in shimmying the fridge to move it out... Just some thoughts.

Without knowing the building materials in this part of the country or dates their houses were built, I hope they test these kids for lead paint poisoning. It's a real issue on east coast houses built before mid 70's.

Years ago, there was a boy in the news who had been starved by his parents or foster parents (can't remember for sure).
Over the years, he had learned to regurgitate, and throw up into his mouth to have something to swallow. After he was rescued from that living hell, the new family he went to live with said that even though he had food available to him, and was going through therapy, he was still throwing up to eat it instead of reaching for food.

I believe that entirely. A lot of children in Foster Care hoard food if it had been restricted during their abuse and neglect. Some do this long after being removed and during the healing process. They develop survivor skills during the depravation.

Also your relationship with food would likely be indelibly shaped, leading to struggles with eating on either end of the spectrum.
So sad.

:moo:

Yes, thank you for pointing out that restricted interests are part of many diagnoses. Therefore, obsessions are not a sure sign of ASD (and saving me a long post ;))!

On the subject of ASD, since I've seen speculation DT may have it, people with ASD do feel emotions! They feel love, compassion, empathy, sadness, guilt, and pain. The difference between someone with and without ASD is communicating those emotions to others may not come naturally to someone with ASD. Autism does not equal unfeeling or sadistic.

Oh yeah, esp w/ his engineering background huh? I know it's a cliche, but...it's a cliche for a reason.

Anyone know the status of the Turpin house at this time?

Is everything out of the home? The power utilities off? Has it been cleaned and sanitized? What is expected to happen to the house?

Satch

Was there a fridge even there while they lived there? Hot dogs and takeaway food have no need for a fridge? is it an assumption that there was a fridge there or are there photos?
The neighbor said he noticed how strange it was that there were locks on the frig, toybox, closets, etc.

So sorry you went through that, it is devastating. The flooded houses I have seen have clear water lines which I do not see in any of the pictures in either Ft Worth or Rio. And flooding can be researched. Plus, remediation needs to be swift.

Bbm: But, it occurs to me that maybe the septic backed up and was never repaired and that explains the condition of the horror show bathroom in the Rio house?

In the pics where paint is peeling off the drywall I think that is wear and tear in a humid environment. Furniture moving will do that. Imo. And the fridge would have a vent grate on the back which could've scraped the paint in shimmying the fridge to move it out... Just some thoughts.

Without knowing the building materials in this part of the country or dates their houses were built, I hope they test these kids for lead paint poisoning. It's a real issue on east coast houses built before mid 70's.

Built 1975. The paint looks newer.

If they were renting and the house was flooded, I cannot see how they would be allowed to live in it.

When houses flood, the sheetrock is removed as well as everything else is replaced. Don’t buy that idea.

I can tell you from personal experience that people can and do stay in their houses after a flood. I own a rental property in a flood plain. It flooded on April 30, 2017 (13" of water throughout the entire house). The tenant stayed in a hotel for a couple days while the carpeting and sheetrock were removed and the blowers were drying everything out to prevent mold.

She then told me that she wanted to stay in the house and she didn't mind the construction going on around her. My property management company had her sign a waiver to ensure that I'd be covered if anything happened to her or her daughter. I thought it was weird, and not something I would do, but it was her choice.

This is an excellent case study/ peer reviewed article on how child torture differs from "traditional" forms of child abuse and perpetrator characteristics.

TRIGGER WARNING. I began reading the article and there are some very graphic photos of the abuse that I did not expect to see, as the scholars did not include a warning. Please proceed accordingly if you are going to read it. I scrolled past.

I have removed link until I can ask a mod if it is okay to post this due to graphic photos.
Has the link been approved? I can't find the link.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for someone to ask you what this means. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I often type like I talk... lol Sugar runs in my family, that's what we always called "diabetes". I have the low kind. It'll drop ya like a rock!

I often type like I talk... lol Sugar runs in my family, that's what we always called "diabetes". I have the low kind. It'll drop ya like a rock!
Me, too. I tried to tell the nurse this before my last surgery when it was delayed by hours. She thought I was just hangry, and so was unconcerned. Finally, she checked my blood sugar and went into a panic. Came back with a HUGE syringe of glucose. Overdid it. Got to surgery and then they had to delay it again and shoot me up with something else to bring it down.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My new range came with a clip to attach it to the wall, not a chain. I've never seen a refrigerator with a safety clip or chain.

My new gas range came with an anti-tip device, some kind of angle iron bracket that attached to the bottom front of the range that would stop it from tipping if someone leaned/climbed on the open door.

I have lived in Northen California most of my life and never seen or heard of stoves or fridges being chained to the wall. Water heaters, yes (strapped to wall, not chained), but not fridges or stoves. Even if they needed to be, straps would be used, not chains which collect grime. Maybe in a steampunk house they would use chains, lol.

Anyone know the status of the Turpin house at this time?

Is everything out of the home? The power utilities off? Has it been cleaned and sanitized? What is expected to happen to the house?

Satch

I think it's too soon for that, unless the Ts have asked friends/family/property management company to do that (unlikely, IMO). Remember that legally they are still innocent until proven guilty, and the house is their property. Of course it's also a crime scene, and that probably takes precedence. I guess if it was declared a public health hazard they would have to do something though.

The power company would shut off power after a while of no payment but I would expect that to take a few months. IMO of course.

They were moving within days, I thought maybe the toys officers saw were boxed in their original packaging for the move. If they couldn't afford to feed them...if that is going to be part of their defense, then they surely would not be able to buy toys to use as torture props.

Also remember that 7 of these "children" are adults and of the remaining 6, most are teenagers. They would be beyond the need for toys.

Edit: Although for these particular adults and teenagers who have been prevented from growing up by their monster parents, they may still appreciate some toy like objects eg Lego

The most common is anti tip brackets, but I've also seen chains attached as well to prevent it from tipping. It is also used on ovens.

https://partsdr.com/part/wb2x7909-a...IP0dsQ8ACJ25xklXDZzyKA55L1Kau-48aAsInEALw_wcB

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
cache.php

I have the exact same chain attached to my free standing stove which was installed by professionals but not my fridge. I live in Australia, no earthquakes at my location.

However the chain on my stove is not as long as the one in the Turpin household. It seems a bit long to keep the fridge upright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220