CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay on closer inspection they are a lot longer and theres two - i have one which hooks into the back of the appliance so i concur they are strange and quote possibly not what i thought they were initially

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the 2nd look ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be poop on the floor, but honestly, it looks like old carpet backing/padding - the older, rubbery kind that gets hard, crumbly, and breaks in chunks when trying to remove it. Our first house had carpet with that old rubber backing that had been glued to the wood floors beneath. We had to get large, square point shovels to try to scrape it up and remove it. A big mess!
Still could be poop, though. I sure don't know.

I just can't imagine poop of that magnitude being left on the floor while being shown on realtor site.

So, Disney characters, no? Lol

Was it brown? All carpet backing I have seen is black
Both black and tan. But the tan becomes brown over time, like most foam and cushion does. It also becomes hard and flattened.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If they were renting and the house was flooded, I cannot see how they would be allowed to live in it.

When houses flood, the sheetrock is removed as well as everything else is replaced. Don’t buy that idea.

They weren't renting that house.

I have stared and stared at the floor in this picture, and I see Disney characters on the floor...enlarge and if you look carefully (top of princess' head toward large window), you will see them, a lot of them. Was this a blanket or a large rug? If anything looks like poop it is what's on top of it.
Omg looking at thus picture again its just hit me...

Those patches of exposed plaster are only ever just above the skirting board. Am i correct?

Well, when our very old dog was a puppy i would have to leave her for a few hours a day home alone and every day that i got home she would have chewed something - door frames, doors, kitchen cupboards etc. I could never cage her up as there wasbt space for a big enough cage so i just had to put up and make mends.

However one thing she used to do (and sometimes still does) is if i wasnt in and someone persistently rang the door bell she was claw and chew at the walls to try and get to them. Literally would go down to the plaster. Looked like those patches on the photos albeit nowhere near as big ir as many spots.

I know theres been reports of pets beinh mistreated at that property so could be dogs trying to escape or hungry or bored.

Jmo

Btw here is a old pic of the start of some damage my dog was doing and you can see it is similar
86ae0ac569cac31b801a5c4dbc4b2b1c.jpg

Eta: looks like theres some considerable chewing on thr door frame and skirting in the turpin photo

Yes, they are on a flood plain

"Back in October of 2015, San Marcos was declared a disaster zone. After record rainfall, rivers across the area flooded and about a thousand homes were damaged. Spectrum News spoke with people in the Rio Vista area and they say that some people are still recovering, and some are still without flood insurance."

"While the 2015 floods were a first for Martinez, across the street, Ray Stone sais he has been dealing with flooding in this Rio Vista neighborhood since he moved in in the '70s."

First, I have to say I am in no way defending the parents.

I do have the feeling the defense team will claim the damage in the home was caused by flooding and use that living room photo as evidence. The peeling paint in the living room appears to be the same height around the circumference of the room and since flood water seeks its own level, that would indicate damage from flood water. If the kids were randomly peeling paint, they wouldn't keep the area of damage so well defined. The brown, nasty smears around the baseboards would be from the flood water (that actually contains raw sewage) and when they pulled up the nasty carpet after the flood, the poopy, sludge in the carpet and saturated furniture smeared the walls.
I've experienced a flood, so to me, that living room photo just looks like the aftermath of a flooded home, IMO.

AGAIN, not excusing or minimizing the T's poor housekeeping practices.

'
I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if they still had some level of caring for their parents. It's just not uncommon. No matter how much we don't understand. That's the only parents they've known and I've seen it in foster care/adopted foster children too. The young lady who stayed a bit with us? No one called on her father. At 12 or 13, SHE figured out her relationship w/her father, and her home life, was very different than that of her classmates, and reported him (took some strength). It seemed she still had a wish for normalcy that never happened, and could never happen, between them. I don't know if that's even how to describe it.

I am curious about the planning to get away for two years. The running into the waiting vehicles when help arrived.

To me it is different than being removed from a home. These children wanted out. They schemed and dreamed for two years.

спасибо, Sofia Petrova :loveyou:

Вие сте добре дошъл.:loveyou:

(I refer to Sofia the City though :heartbeat: :) )

Institutional deprivation Edit From earlier Link-
Children that receive impoverished stimulation due to being confined to cots without social interaction or reliable caretakers in low quality orphanages show severe delays in cognitive and social development.[62] 12% of them if adopted after 6 months of age show autistic or mildly autistic traits later at four years of age.[63] Some children in such impoverished orphanages at two and half years of age still fail to produce intelligible words, though a year of foster care enabled such children to catch up in their language in most respects.[64] Catch-up in other cognitive functioning also occurs after adoption, though problems continue in many children if this happens after the age of 6 months[65]

Just posted this to show potential long term problems from early neglect.

Why would there be flooding to that extent? Are they on a flood plain?
Another poster has commented that they looked it up and yes it is in a flood plain. I haven't researched it. It's just my opinion based on the picture from in back of the fridge and my own experience with flooding.

HEre in the uk, chains on cookers are compulsory afaik, I know when we had a gas safe engineer out to install our cooker it had to be chained to the wall for safety and for him to be able to sign off the connection as safe. I’ve never known people to have their fridge chained to the wall.
the chain used on cookers is not very long and usually is only one chain rather than two. These two chains easily look long enough to pass round the front of a fridge and fasten with a padlock and in my mind I’m in no doubt that’s what they were for.

I personally feel that that they were given a small amount of food each day, just very little and possibly something not all that nutritious-possibly Vienna sausage given the fact old neighbours mention cans strewn everywhere. I doubt they would’ve lost their appetite if they were given a tiny amount each day and LE said they gave the kids beverages and food when they rescued them as they said they were starving.

I have lived my entire 37 years in the UK and have never known a cooker to be chained?

We never chained it shut, but when my middle daughter was two, she would open the door and climb the shelves. We put a fake rubber spider on the handle but in a few days she no longer cared.

I cannot remember what stopped her, but she would climb bookshelves, too. Funny sne did not grow up to be a mountainclimbet.

BTW, chaining a frig is nuts. But maybe you think a spider is nuts.

We had to get appliance latches when one of our kids was 2.5ish, she would also try and climb up the fridge shelves and I was terrified that one would break and she’d fall and get cut. We have a kid level snack cabinet they’ve always had access to and keep things like string cheese and yogurt low in the fridge where they can reach so I don’t even think she was really trying to get food she just climbed everything as soon as we turned our backs. The older kids didn’t have any problem opening the latch and we stopped using it after she quit climbing.

Chaining and locking a fridge so that no one has access is profoundly disturbing and I really think that if I’d gone in that home and found chained, locked fridge, toy box, etc. I’d have had a hard time not alerting the authorities. Even without the reporter having a current address on them authorities could have tracked them down for a welfare check.

Like this-
0428bb88c021f32011897842aa1f9377.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was it brown? All carpet backing I have seen is black
It was actually a very dark brownish/burgundy. This was 40 years ago, though. I don't know how old that carpeting was in the T's home.

ETA: The carpet backing would be brown if saturated with sludge, mud, and poopy flood water.

I have lived my entire 37 years in the UK and have never known a cooker to be chained?
Yep i have. Its actually compulsory in rented properties with a gas cooker -as previous poster said, gas certificate won't be issued without it

Judging from this photo, I would say this house had not been a subject of flooding. I see no flood line behind the fridge. I suspect the filthy walls in the house were animals running around rubbing against them.

I think flooding would be more like roof leaking, or water seeping in on floors. Which wouldn't leave a water line on the walls. But would still cause a lot of damage.

I have stared and stared at the floor in this picture, and I see Disney characters on the floor...enlarge and if you look carefully (top of princess' head toward large window), you will see them, a lot of them. Was this a blanket or a large rug? If anything looks like poop it is what's on top of it.

It appears to me there was probably carpet that was ripped out, along with the floorboards. Maybe what looks like feces is filthy remnant floor padding that’s crusted to the wood floorboards?

ETA: lol, I just saw the post above this one. Seems we’re thinking the same thing!!

I am so heartbroken and troubled for these 13 young people. Like everyone here, I wish that they find peace and happiness in their new lives of freedom.

I am not trying to defend the parents by any stretch of the imagination with what I am about to say. I just keep thinking about this, and I am wondering if any of you might have thought the same way. Something that troubles me about this case is the extreme disparity between the photos of the smiling parents in their vacation photos and their alleged actions. Now, I am not focusing on the children or on the children's weights when I mention the photos. Instead, I am talking about the facial expressions of the parents. In the Disney photos and Las Vegas photos, the parents' demeanor and faces seem to express a sort of guileless joy--a pure happiness and love of life. I am astounded when I contrast these images to the images of their filthy homes and read about what they are charged with doing. I always thought that a person's face could reveal a kind or mean heart. These photographs have challenged some of my core beliefs. If I had encountered these parents at Disney, I do not think I would have ever in a million years suspected they were capable of torturing their children. It scares me that such darkness can be hidden. Just heartbreaking....

I feel so terribly for these young people. May the universe bring them love and joy.

Thank you Spice for checking first. Before I say yes what is the name of the publication this study comes from?

Thanks,
Tricia

This is an excellent case study/ peer reviewed article on how child torture differs from "traditional" forms of child abuse and perpetrator characteristics.

TRIGGER WARNING. I began reading the article and there are some very graphic photos of the abuse that I did not expect to see, as the scholars did not include a warning. Please proceed accordingly if you are going to read it. I scrolled past.

I have removed link until I can ask a mod if it is okay to post this due to graphic photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54