CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got chains like this on my fridge and cooker. They are a safety precaution and used to hold the appliance against the wall so it doesnt topple

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Really? Are they that long? Seems they would be shorter and attach at the rear of the fridge? I doubt that’s what these longer chains were here for and they aren’t behind the drive but attached more on the side of the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wore a size 0 at one time and am considered on the tall side, but small framed. I'd go without eating for days. I now have sugar and can't do that.
I'm waiting for someone to ask you what this means. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really? Are they that long? Seems they would be shorter and attach at the rear of the fridge? I doubt that’s what these longer chains were here for and they aren’t behind the drive but attached more on the side of the fridge.

Just like the electrical cord and water supply hose are extremely long behind the fridge, so would chains or straps. You'd have to have enough length to allow the fridge to slide out to get behind it and unhook it.

Another family that were charged after chaining the refrigerator shut:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ains-refrigerator-kept-kids-locked-rooms.html

Where are people getting this idea from?! It's nuts.

We never chained it shut, but when my middle daughter was two, she would open the door and climb the shelves. We put a fake rubber spider on the handle but in a few days she no longer cared.

I cannot remember what stopped her, but she would climb bookshelves, too. Funny sne did not grow up to be a mountainclimbet.

BTW, chaining a frig is nuts. But maybe you think a spider is nuts.

There were adult people and teens being abused in this case. Most adults and quite a few teens can fix their own food as well as food for others. Except if they can't get to any food.

Maybe LT can't cook. Look at all the older kids she has. Trust me, one of them would have learned to cook if allowed near the food if that is what it took to get enough to eat. Well, IMO, anyway.

We never chained it shut, but when my middle daughter was two, she would open the door and climb the shelves. We put a fake rubber spider on the handle but in a few days she no longer cared.

I cannot remember what stopped her, but she would climb bookshelves, too. Funny sne did not grow up to be a mountainclimbet.

.....fake rubber spider...bwahahahahahaha.

Actually, you make a good point. Parents face kids doing unexpected things. Most parents do as you did, they think of an idea that prevents the behavior without hurting the child.

I have stared and stared at the floor in this picture, and I see Disney characters on the floor...enlarge and if you look carefully (top of princess' head toward large window), you will see them, a lot of them. Was this a blanket or a large rug? If anything looks like poop it is what's on top of it.

Attachments

• GetMedia (26).jpg
    GetMedia (26).jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 188

Their firstborn (a daughter) was born in Los Angeles county in the late 80s-- which fits with the "more than 20 years ago" in this article. They started as newlyweds in an apartment in the SW part of Tarrant County (a suburb of Fort Worth where he apparently was employed), then were in CA at least long enough to give birth to JT1. But by 1990 they had addresses in TX again.

Yes. Thank you, Gae. Your comment about the strap reminded me that my parents had a large fridge/freezer installed years ago. You had to pull hard on the doors to open it and the floor beneath was a little uneven, so the appliance shop sent out guys who installed straps to keep it from "tumping over," as my dad would say.

Just like the electrical cord and water supply hose are extremely long behind the fridge, so would chains or straps. You'd have to have enough length to allow the fridge to slide out to get behind it and unhook it.

My understanding is that when the family moved they left everything. I would think that would mean the fridge. The children would not be able to get in back of the fridge and peel the paint IMO.
I think it is possible that the home looks so horrid is because it was flooded at some point. It would explain the walls with peeling paint, the carpets on the lower floor condition, and the bathroom floor looking like it caved in.
It would not explain the feces on walls, broken windows or the picture painted on the wall. This could of been done by vandals, or it could be the condition the children were forced to live in. The peeling paint in back of the fridge puts a new perspective on all of the pictures from the house to me.
Just my thoughts.

Why would there be flooding to that extent? Are they on a flood plain?

I have stared and stared at the floor in this picture, and I see Disney characters on the floor...enlarge and if you look carefully (top of princess' head toward large window), you will see them, a lot of them. Was this a blanket or a large rug? If anything looks like poop it is what's on top of it.

It could be poop on the floor, but honestly, it looks like old carpet backing/padding - the older, rubbery kind that gets hard, crumbly, and breaks in chunks when trying to remove it. Our first house had carpet with that old rubber backing that had been glued to the wood floors beneath. We had to get large, square point shovels to try to scrape it up and remove it. A big mess!
Still could be poop, though. I sure don't know.

Are the chains as long as are pictured in the rio vista house? I'm trying to get my mind around how that would work. Perhaps it is more common to anchor your fridge to the wall in earthquake prone areas?

The chains in that picture are so long I feel that if the frig toppled, it would fall over,

All frigs we had havelegs on the bottom that adjust for leveling. What would the chains be attached to? If it is the back of the frig, it really looks like the frig would topple. Otherwise, where do the chains attach?

Why would there be flooding to that extent? Are they on a flood plain?

Yes, they are on a flood plain

"Back in October of 2015, San Marcos was declared a disaster zone. After record rainfall, rivers across the area flooded and about a thousand homes were damaged. Spectrum News spoke with people in the Rio Vista area and they say that some people are still recovering, and some are still without flood insurance."

"While the 2015 floods were a first for Martinez, across the street, Ray Stone sais he has been dealing with flooding in this Rio Vista neighborhood since he moved in in the '70s."

It could be poop on the floor, but honestly, it looks like old carpet backing/padding - the older, rubbery kind that gets hard, crumbly, and breaks in chunks when trying to remove it. Our first house had carpet with that old rubber backing that had been glued to the wood floors beneath. We had to get large, square point shovels to try to scrape it up and remove it. A big mess!
Still could be poop, though. I sure don't know.

Was it brown? All carpet backing I have seen is black

Okay on closer inspection they are a lot longer and theres two - i have one which hooks into the back of the appliance so i concur they are strange and quote possibly not what i thought they were initially

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes, they are on a flood plain

"Back in October of 2015, San Marcos was declared a disaster zone. After record rainfall, rivers across the area flooded and about a thousand homes were damaged. Spectrum News spoke with people in the Rio Vista area and they say that some people are still recovering, and some are still without flood insurance."

"While the 2015 floods were a first for Martinez, across the street, Ray Stone sais he has been dealing with flooding in this Rio Vista neighborhood since he moved in in the '70s."

If they were renting and the house was flooded, I cannot see how they would be allowed to live in it.

When houses flood, the sheetrock is removed as well as everything else is replaced. Don’t buy that idea.

Could be...
But how many people keep the original packaging of a toy?
Most people throw away the boxes toys come in.
IMO, the toys were bought (either by DT and LT or relatives) as torture props.

Collectors always keep 'collectible' toys (eg. older Mickey Mouse stuff) in the original packaging to help retain value. The packaging is not disturbed, and the item is never used or even taken out of its box. (Of course, this can be somewhat misguided since any item bought today that is marketed and sold as a "collectible" will likely NOT be such a rare, collectible item 100 years from now. Like collector plates, the market will be saturated, with the item no longer rare and sought after--box or no box.)

Not sure if the boxed toys LE have described fit into any collectible category, though. Just as likely they were gifts sent from relatives that never got opened.

The crud on the floor looks to me like the rubber backing from carpet that was down too long. It becomes hardened, flat, and essentially glued to the floor over time.

When I moved into our first house, I spent a summer scraping it off hardwood floors when we removed the carpet. Gave myself wrist and elbow problems for life doing it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members