CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My new gas range came with an anti-tip device, some kind of angle iron bracket that attached to the bottom front of the range that would stop it from tipping if someone leaned/climbed on the open door.

I have lived in Northen California most of my life and never seen or heard of stoves or fridges being chained to the wall. Water heaters, yes (strapped to wall, not chained), but not fridges or stoves. Even if they needed to be, straps would be used, not chains which collect grime. Maybe in a steampunk house they would use chains, lol.

I think it's too soon for that, unless the Ts have asked friends/family/property management company to do that (unlikely, IMO). Remember that legally they are still innocent until proven guilty, and the house is their property. Of course it's also a crime scene, and that probably takes precedence. I guess if it was declared a public health hazard they would have to do something though.

The power company would shut off power after a while of no payment but I would expect that to take a few months. IMO of course.

I hope you reinstall that clip to the back where it belongs. It's the back that lifts off the floor if too much weight is put on the open door.

I was an elementary art teacher although I went on to other teaching jobs. Using art wiork is what we did because we were trained by the Getty foundation.

A lot of people think art is hand turkeys and puttimg together precut forms. I seriously doubt LT was giving them higher level art lessons.

I also had training in art therapy although no degree. The levels of child development in drawing are well known and researched . The development of children is well researched in terms of levels of learning from concrete to abstract.

I didn't think that she was teaching them higher level art. There were desks and chairs in what looked to be a classroom at one o the homes, I think it was this one. There are k-12 lessons, that are based on the dot and then the concentric circles. It's nothing mind blowing. Just drawing. DT is college educated and is, I'd guess, intelligent. He may have been buying lesson books, and the kids could have just replicated pictures.

He graduated with an Electrical Engineering degree in 1984 from Virginia Tech. He didn't graduate with a degree in Computer Science. He graduated from high school in 1979 so that means he probably was at Tech for 5 years (not sure why). It is hard to say what his actual job is though because there doesn't appear to be anything on the internet about his background in terms of employment that I can find other than the bankruptcy documents.

It is common (at least in the U.S.) for engineering majors to take longer than 4 years to graduate. I went to an engineering school, and most of my peers graduated in 4.5-5 years.

"He obtained a bachelor’s degree in electrical and computer engineering from Virginia Tech in 1984" Link

Back on 1984, he graduated with a degree in electrical engineering. The degree in '84 was electrical engineering - see http://wset.com/news/local/gallery/...-to-beds-graduated-from-virginia-tech#photo-3. He wasn't a CPE major. Now the department is called electrical (EE major) and computer engineering (CPE major), but that is a recent development. In the 1984 Commencement Program for Virginia Tech, there are no graduates in Computer Engineering because it looks like the program did not yet exist in the college of engineering. He is not listed as a Computer Science major.

Natascha Kampusch, who was imprisoned in a home for eight years, has called on authorities to allow the 13 Turpin children who were allegedly (bbm) tortured and locked up by their parents to see them in jail.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...rents-children-Natascha-Kampusch-trial-prison

I know this is me just nitpicking but I wish the media would refer to this situation in a way other than “alleged crimes”. I get that there are legal reasons but it always reads as if the victims are lying IMO. I wish they’d say something like “the Turpins are in jail charged with abuse, etc.... It’s factual and much less slanted against the victim. (Sorry, just feeling so sad in my heart for all the little victims in the cases I’m following on WS.... so many hurting children.)

Well said, Spice and I completely agree with you.
From my experience and perspective, these defective parents were feeding off each other. And yes, from these 'old fashioned' parenting styles, the husband generally leads and the wifey follows. Sometimes wifey complains and bemoans the terrible children's behaviors and husband suggest more control and more depravity. Wifey goes along with this. Again, both are involved and both responsible.

DT and LT BOTH experienced maltreatment in their childhood. DT probably Overly strict parenting and physical and emotional abuse, and LT probably
abuse, physical and sexual. These type families impart "suffering" as part of biblical punishment. It's generational, handed down through families. Normal punishment in their minds for these parents.

If you want to understand more about "suffering" as a normal type punishment I will try to find some articles. It's very
deep and complex but fairly common in religious based, ignorant, patriarchal families.

That would be interesting info

https://www.express.co.uk/news/worl...rents-children-Natascha-Kampusch-trial-prison

I know this is me just nitpicking but I wish the media would refer to this situation in a way other than “alleged crimes”. I get that there are legal reasons but it always reads as if the victims are lying IMO. I wish they’d say something like “the Turpins are in jail charged with abuse, etc.... It’s factual and much less slanted against the victim. (Sorry, just feeling so sad in my heart for all the little victims in the cases I’m following on WS.... so many hurting children.)

Charges are allegations.

Before we go urther on the shirts, just a suggestion. It's been kinda naggin' at me but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. They've been dressed in the matching shirts for so very long... Maybe a tie dye for each? Tie dyes are never the same. Maybe with Survivor!, or something similar, on the back?

I personally cringe when I hear the term "cootie kid". It's so awful and marginalizing and not a label or term they should be identified with. It's so hurtful. I understood the sentiment in the original post from the classmate, but felt while attempting to be compassionate, it was tone deaf to the importance of language, healing, and dignity. ("Cootie Kid").

I appreciate your continual critical thinking, throughout the discussion of this case.

I didn't think that she was teaching them higher level art. There were desks and chairs in what looked to be a classroom at one o the homes, I think it was this one. There are k-12 lessons, that are based on the dot and then the concentric circles. It's nothing mind blowing. Just drawing. DT is college educated and is, I'd guess, intelligent. He may have been buying lesson books, and the kids could have just replicated pictures.

The thing about teaching is that it is not a rote process. In order to teach math, for instance, one needs to understand the reasons . Even though I got top grades in college math because I could memorize and insert the proper formula, I did not understand the concept. For instance, I did not understand the quadiatric forumla until I saw it in three D.

Same with art. It would be impossible to teach about Kandinsky without studying him and his art. Handing a kid some lessons from a book is not teaching.

The reason dots and circles are used is because it is a developmental stage for children in their art development.

I saw that too! But things go so fast I forgot. Yes to everything you said. He is #4, and it’s gone. I also saw these two things. I edited your picture with two yellow circles. He and Jessica (#3) are shoulder to shoulder with no room for any arms between them. I don’t think that is natural. Looks photoshopped to me. Also the circle I drew by #4’s stomach is not natural. It’s weird. As if the stomach isn’t there. The shirt is gathered in... can’t describe it accurately... but his body should be there and it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cache.php
Also, if you enlarge photo with yellow circles, the one in the middle with #10s shoulder circled... her hair appears to go into a fold of cloth. This looks quite unnatural to me. It’s not like it’s behind a person, more that it’s behind a fold of cloth. While conceivably it could be a wrinkle in her brother’s shirt it would be very strange for it to have arrived in that position on its on I think. To me it looks like someone attempted to clone that spot and missed the fact the hair is now lying unnaturally. That said, I’m not sure anything nefarious can be assumed fro the photoshopping of Facebook pictures. I often photoshop my own and am quite good at it if I do say so myself. I think for so ek e like LT who is presenting her life as something it’s obviously not it would be almost a given she’s trying to make the pics look as good as possible. And if her husband was a computer engineer they most likely owned top of the line computers. I own the latest version of photoshop so, while expensive, it’s not out of reach for someone making the kind of money the bankruptciy papers said they made (or someone who went about racking up cc debt silly nilly!) all that said, I don’t think there is definitive proof one way or another for this pic bing edited. IMO.

I read an article that stated there were bunks beds in one of the places they lived. Maybe the drawing was done from a top bunk. MOO.

Here is one such article, though, not the one I was thinking of. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...kids-allegedly-held-captive-article-1.3761773

I don't think they habitually drew on the walls. I believe that once they bought the double wide and abandoned ship, that diagram came to be. Kind of a "so long dump".
I think it was the dad initially and maybe embellished by the kids.
Where do babies come from?
Target.

Charges are allegations.
Yes, I understand that.... just griping about the way it sounds, semantics. Would prefer if it was stated that they were in jail CHARGED WITH the crime instead of the crimes being ALLEGED. Means the same thing, just sounds better to me. (Apologies to all for venting here.... I think it’s time for me to take a break from this thread as my heart is becoming over sensitive to the lives some children are born into and I just want to go outside and scream or something!)

Back on 1984, he graduated with a degree in electrical engineering. The degree in '84 was electrical engineering - see http://wset.com/news/local/gallery/...-to-beds-graduated-from-virginia-tech#photo-3. He wasn't a CPE major. Now the department is called electrical (EE major) and computer engineering (CPE major), but that is a recent development. In the 1984 Commencement Program for Virginia Tech, there are no graduates in Computer Engineering because it looks like the program did not yet exist in the college of engineering. He is not listed as a Computer Science major.
This is directly from the article you linked to:
"Virginia Tech says David Turpin graduated in 1984 with a B.S. degree in Electrical and Computer engineering."

Yes, I understand that.... just griping about the way it sounds, semantics. Would prefer if it was stated that they were in jail CHARGED WITH the crime instead of the crimes being ALLEGED. Means the same thing, just sounds better to me. (Apologies to all for venting here.... I think it’s time for me to take a break from this thread as my heart is becoming over sensitive to the lives some children are born into and I just want to go outside and scream or something!)

I totally agree with you. I even saw on here that there were some trying to justify or explain why there could be things such as chained children or chained and locked everything. The way it is stated implies doubt, to me.

Take comfort in the fact that their parents can never harm them again. They demonstrated their strength by surviving - they are no longer victims - hurray!!

I hope you reinstall that clip to the back where it belongs. It's the back that lifts off the floor if too much weight is put on the open door.

Thanks, you are probably correct that it was attached in the back, if it actually screws to the floor. I wasn't the one who installed it and I trust the instructions were followed. I was picturing it as something that didn't attach to the floor but that rested on it, extended out a bit in front of the front feet, to change the fulcrum point so it would need much more weight before it would tip. Not sure where I got that idea; I'm sure you are correct!

I saw that too! But things go so fast I forgot. Yes to everything you said. He is #4, and it’s gone. I also saw these two things. I edited your picture with two yellow circles. He and Jessica (#3) are shoulder to shoulder with no room for any arms between them. I don’t think that is natural. Looks photoshopped to me. Also the circle I drew by #4’s stomach is not natural. It’s weird. As if the stomach isn’t there. The shirt is gathered in... can’t describe it accurately... but his body should be there and it’s not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
f1dadf7570cd9da14f69e301c689e7d1.jpg

Your 2nd circle - thats the shoulder of number 10, not the boys stomach area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads