CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. I once found out the hard way that any time a tenant called the police (be it due to a domestic issue or be it something involving a neighbor), the police notified the landlady who in turn told other apartment staff. So if you called on your neighbors, odds were they'd find out about it eventually. It was definitely something to take into consideration before calling in.

I found that out the hard way when I called the supposedly anonymous hotline to CPS, aboiut thr abuse and neglect of the little boys down the block, when I lived in Venice Beach. Their parents were junkies and the poor toddlers walked around alone, half naked and hungry sometimes. I would take them in and feed them and give them some of my son's clothing, and no one would come looking for them for a day or more. I reported them 'anonymously' ----and the male junkie came at me aggressively one day because the stupid CPS worker told him about an incident that I had reported. And OBVIOUS one that would point back to my husband and I. It was very annoying. And CPS didnt do anything anyway....:mad:

SB County Sheriff ‏@sbcountysheriff [video=twitter;672602940595507200]https://twitter.com/sbcountysheriff/status/672602940595507200[/video]
Additional photo: The deputy's vehicle received multiple gunshots during the officer involved shooting w/ suspects

I want to know more about the wife. How in the heck does a 27 year old go in and open fire with an assault rifle? No training? What was her up bringing, her parents? I want to hear her story!

I want to know more about the wife. How in the heck does a 27 year old go in and open fire with an assault rifle? No training? What was her up bringing, her parents? I want to hear her story!

Me too. Waiting for more on her. I would think she had some training with assault rifle.

I think they KNEW they were Jihadi's right from the start. They went to that house in Redlands almost immediately. So they knew what was what already.

I think they wanted the public to think it was workplace violence so the public would not go crazy or be afraid or retaliate aggressively. They needed to ease us into what we all already knew, imo.

What was the rationale for releasing Farook's name, but then investigators not releasing Malik's name at the same time?

And after Malik's name was eventually released last night, why was the public told that investigators didn't know where she was from (when reporters asked)?

Malik was here on a K1 visa - ergo, investigators undoubtedly knew exactly where she was from prior to last night's press conference. I refuse to believe that the FBI didn't know that she was from Pakistan when reporters asked about her origin during last night's PC.

Unfortunately, this leads me to have doubts about some of the information that's being reported.

When the public is (IMO) lied to, it causes me to distrust the information given.

I heard a Homeland Security guy on KFI radio, named Mike Baker, with an interesting theory. He said that when the shooter put his info out on the dating websites, he was probably targeted by Extremists because he had several things they look for. He was a Sunni with American citizenship, a good government job, liked to target practice, and he was looking fir a wife. Those things checked all the important boxes for Al Queda or whomever, as making a perfect 'target' for them to radicalize. So they can easily send an extremist female to him by having her contact him online and easy peasy...

I heard a Homeland Security guy on KFI radio, named Mike Baker, with an interesting theory. He said that when the shooter put his info out on the dating websites, he was probably targeted by Extremists because he had several things they look for. He was a Sunni with American citizenship, a good government job, liked to target practice, and he was looking fir a wife. Those things checked all the important boxes for Al Queda or whomever, as making a perfect 'target' for them to radicalize. So they can easily send an extremist female to him by having her contact him online and easy peasy...

Makes sense. I believe this is what the investigation will uncover. Thanks.

What was the rationale for releasing Farook's name, but then investigators not releasing Malik's name? And after Malik's name was eventually released last night, why was the public told that investigators didn't know where she was from (when reporters asked)?

Malik was here on a K1 visa - ergo, investigators undoubtedly knew exactly where she was from prior to last night's press conference. I refuse to believe that the FBI didn't know that she was from Pakistan when reporters asked about her origin during last night's PC.

Unfortunately, this leads me to have doubts about some of the information that's being reported.

When the public is lied to, it causes me to distrust the information given.

In the middle of a sensitive, open investigation, the public does not have the right to know ALL of the facts. Why should they tell us that right at the start? They are still verifying everything and maybe they don't want any other potential accomplices to know how much they know or don't know.

They do not owe us all of the known facts while they are still figuring out who else is involved. it is dangerous for them to do so, imo.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/3/syed-farook-tashfeen-malik-erased-digital-footprin/

San Bernardino killers erased digital presence day before the attacks

The husband and wife who carried out a deadly shooting spree in San Bernardino, California, began erasing their digital footprint a day in advance of the attack — deleting email accounts, disposing of hard drives and smashing their cell phones, according to law enforcement sources involved in the investigation.

Officials are still working to determine what motivated Syed Rizwan Farook and his wife Tashfeen Malik to storm a conference room inside the Inland Regional Center as a holiday party was taking place Wednesday and spray the room with bullets.

Snip

Officials involved in the investigation say the couple appeared to have gone to great lengths to conceal their plans — a cell phone recovered from Ms. Malik’s body was newly purchased and had had been used only recently. Two other cell phones that were recovered had been smashed with a hammer and were expected to be sent to the FBI’s forensic lab in Washington for examination.

Authorities also noted that a hard drive and motherboard are missing from a computer found at the Redlands, California, home the couple rented

That behavior is definitely not indicative of an attack that was semi-preplanned (but not really set into motion until there was a dispute with a coworker). Although, the media should have known this already. They should have completely discarded that theory once they learned the rented SUV was picked up at a local business several days ago and due to be returned the same day of the shooting.

Me too. Waiting for more on her. I would think she had some training with assault rifle.

Give me one day at the range and I (or most any other vet) could train someone with more than they need to know to not only operate an AR-15 but to disassemble, clean and reassemble it too. There's not that much to it.

ETA: PLUS! You might be surprised at what you can learn from internet searches and YouTube videos.

WHOA!!! Lots of info...but THIS...

Brother was a decorated military veteran

Farook’s brother, Syed Raheel Farook, served in the U.S. Navy from 2003 to 2007. He won a number of awards for his service, including the Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, according to a Navy spokeswoman.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/farook-694704-san-bernardino.html

I can't believe there aren't pictures of the wife, by now you would think, there would be pictures all over of her.

Wow. That was my first thought when I followed the link to that site as well. She probably had more militant training when they met than he ever did.

So true.
Let's think this through:
1) he met her online
2) he was overseas for only a few days...yet she comes home with him on a visa
3) she wields an assault rifle like Rambo
Hmmm...I do think this marriage was arranged, but not by Mohamed!

What was the rationale for releasing Farook's name, but then investigators not releasing Malik's name at the same time?

And after Malik's name was eventually released last night, why was the public told that investigators didn't know where she was from (when reporters asked)?

When the public is (IMO) lied to, it causes me to distrust the information given.

I happened to be on Twitter when someone who was listening to police radio tweeted Farook's name. Literally those of us on Twitter knew that he was a suspect before the media.
But 30 seconds later...it was all over media.
Doubtful that they would have released his name if it weren't for this.
So I don't think anyone intends to lie to the public. But they do keep names private for the safety of other family members. Ex: Farook's mother, uncle, brother, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member