CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the middle of a sensitive, open investigation, the public does not have the right to know ALL of the facts. Why should they tell us that right at the start? They are still verifying everything and maybe they don't want any other potential accomplices to know how much they know or don't know.

They do not owe us all of the known facts while they are still figuring out who else is involved. it is dangerous for them to do so, imo.

I agree that the public doesn't have the right to know ALL the facts during an active investigation. I don't expect to have ALL the facts right away. But I also don't expect to be led to believe that the FBI didn't have a clue about the country of origin of a dead suspect who is in this country on a K1 visa. That's ludicrous, IMO.

I would have to be a complete idiot to believe that the Feds didn't know where Malik was from when they were asked last night by reporters. I suspect that many MSM viewers who heard that disinfo last night lapped it up without question. I did not.

IMO, there was no reason for the FBI/LE/investigators to withhold that info.

If I'm misled/allegedly lied to about anything, it causes me to suspect everything.

If we disagree as to the alleged reasons for withholding that info, I'll let it go.

<modsnip>

We just got an example of what a woman militant could do. Would it have made a difference if she'd been male? I don't think so.

<modsnip>

As lethal as that woman was, she was not as seasoned, well trained or war experienced as she could have been. We should not fool ourselves into ignoring the fact that this massacre could have been much worse had only a couple of things gone the way the attackers had intended.

I heard a Homeland Security guy on KFI radio, named Mike Baker, with an interesting theory. He said that when the shooter put his info out on the dating websites, he was probably targeted by Extremists because he had several things they look for. He was a Sunni with American citizenship, a good government job, liked to target practice, and he was looking fir a wife. Those things checked all the important boxes for Al Queda or whomever, as making a perfect 'target' for them to radicalize. So they can easily send an extremist female to him by having her contact him online and easy peasy...

That's actually a very convincing argument.

I heard a Homeland Security guy on KFI radio, named Mike Baker, with an interesting theory. He said that when the shooter put his info out on the dating websites, he was probably targeted by Extremists because he had several things they look for. He was a Sunni with American citizenship, a good government job, liked to target practice, and he was looking fir a wife. Those things checked all the important boxes for Al Queda or whomever, as making a perfect 'target' for them to radicalize. So they can easily send an extremist female to him by having her contact him online and easy peasy...

Bingo!
Unless the dating site was his " open cover "? imo.

It's a good thing you don't live in Texas. When I lived there they tried passing a law where you were supposed to be armed at all times. I don't like hand guns myself, so I never carried. Most of my friends did though. I always wondered why Texas in Norwegian is their slang word for crazy.

I live in Texas so I had to look it up. The city is Gun Barrel City LOL! About 70 miles from where I live.

MSNB Car was rented - they used the term ealier without specfics?

Not Good, -- There is not much left of the car.!!!!!!!
The Rental Company won't be happy. :furious:

My heart goes out to Lt. Mike Madden, the first officer on the scene. He has tears in his eyes. His voice is shaking when recalling yesterday's event. Thank you to LE and all the first responders.

"The carnage was unspeakable."

Lt. Mike Madden was a most impressive man, imo, he spoke was such warmth,strength and candor and kudos to all who worked so hard to save, serve and protect everyone that horrible day.
imo.

It's a good thing you don't live in Texas. When I lived there they tried passing a law where you were supposed to be armed at all times. I don't like hand guns myself, so I never carried. Most of my friends did though. I always wondered why Texas in Norwegian is their slang word for crazy.
Lol, my brother lives in Dallas I have been acquainted with their love of the second amendment. I don't judge. I just am scared Stiff of guns. I remember yelling at my son for 15 minutes for pointing his bb gun at his sister just joking around. I dunno, I'm just funny about them.

Edited to add: I have no problem with an experienced responsible legal gun owner saving my worthless tail in a situation though. I'm not anti handgun, I'm anti assault rifle machine gun type things.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I want to know more about the wife. How in the heck does a 27 year old go in and open fire with an assault rifle? No training? What was her up bringing, her parents? I want to hear her story!

Maybe they went up to one of the gun ranges in Apple Valley or Lucerne Valley or just somewhere in the high desert. That area is not all that far from the San Bernardino area.

His last name is not one of Jewish or Sephardic descent.
His first name is not Jewish, either. JMO.

Didn't mean to start a "thing". I just don't believe it's accurate.

I don't think he was an ethnic or religious Jew. Nicholas Thalasinos's wife said he was a Messianic Jew. And one article said he was a member of a Greek Orthodox Church when he lived back East.

http://www.nytimes.com/live/san-bernardino-shooting/victim-was-gunmans-co-worker/

Ms. Thalasinos said she and her husband were devout Messianic Jews, members of a religious group that incorporates elements of Judaism and Christianity. She said Mr. Thalasinos had worn traditional Jewish tassels, called tzitzit, which draped braided tassels over his pants.

http://usa.greekreporter.com/2015/1...os-among-the-dead-at-san-bernardino-shooting/

Thalasinos was a member of the Greek Orthodox church who recently converted to Messianic Judaism and was a strong proponent of Israel, and pro everything American” according to Kuuleme Stephens, a friend of the Greek-American.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism

Many adherents of Messianic Judaism are ethnically Jewish,[25] and argue that the movement is a sect of Judaism.[26] Many refer to themselves in Hebrew as maaminim (believers), not converts, and yehudim (Jews), not notzrim (Christians).[27] Jewish organizations, and the Supreme Court of Israel in cases related to the Law of Return, have rejected this claim, and instead consider Messianic Judaism to be a form of Christianity.

This man had a good job. In a coveted area of the United States. He earned a pretty good salary, buffered by bonuses that government employees get. Vacations, medical insurance etc.

He is allowed to bring his Pakistan wife to America.

She gives birth to their child in America, all paid for via his job's insurance. He even gets paid maternity leave!!!!

Yet, instead of rejoicing, they start planning how to murder as many people as they can. Even with a new baby, that should have been their delight, they spend their spare hours building bombs, acquiring weapons and enough ammunition to take down hundreds or more innocent people.

I am furious at the two of them.

I don't see 27 virgins as a motive. I see hatred for the United States and everything we believe in as the motive.

Let me guess, the female killer was NOT vetted because she was a woman. Going with a man into this country.

Now we know.
Terrorists can come with pregnant bellies and smiles.
Wake UP America. Jmo

In the middle of a sensitive, open investigation, the public does not have the right to know ALL of the facts. Why should they tell us that right at the start? They are still verifying everything and maybe they don't want any other potential accomplices to know how much they know or don't know.

They do not owe us all of the known facts while they are still figuring out who else is involved. it is dangerous for them to do so, imo.
I agree with this 100 million%. Security first. I'm surprised we know as much as we do. There may be accomplices out there. The less said the better.

WHOA!!! Lots of info...but THIS...

Brother was a decorated military veteran

Farook’s brother, Syed Raheel Farook, served in the U.S. Navy from 2003 to 2007. He won a number of awards for his service, including the Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and Sea Service Deployment Ribbon, according to a Navy spokeswoman.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/farook-694704-san-bernardino.html
A tale of two brothers.

My local Sheriff's office posted on their facebook page about one of the dispatchers during the events.

Even in the midst of it all she remained incredibly calm.

https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonCoSO/?fref=ts

https://www.facebook.com/Washington...376687.466466230256/10156275717500257/?type=3
This is wonderful. I've posted it in the scanner thread. Those of us who follow along down there during tragic events, and even on normal days, have a special appreciation for the work of the dispatchers. I'm very glad to see this young woman receive recognition. She earned it.

Maybe they went up to one of the gun ranges in Apple Valley or Lucerne Valley or just somewhere in the high desert. That area is not all that far from the San Bernardino area.

If they knew how to point a gun and pull a trigger, shooting a gathering of innocent people , would require the expertise needed to shoot fish in a bowl. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member