CA - 14 killed in San Bernardino mass shooting, 2 Dec 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my honest opinion that the guns will be blamed more than the terrorists. The WH had released a statement that is being shown on several news channels stating that there is no evidence that this incident is tied to a cell or larger organization. I think both issues need to be addressed, but what comes first-the terrorists or the egg?

Of course it will lay prominently with guns. But you guys in USA have is it the Second Amendment? Forgive me I'm not too much up on the legalities of Amendments. But the 'Right to bear Arms'?
If I remember rightly there has been a whole lot of Congress and Senators n whatnot people trying to get those rights quashed?
Obama will be playing on that...
Idk where you live USA UK CHINA NORTH POLE... If you want a gun.... have money.... you can get a gun.
I fail to see how Obama is gonna put anything in place with so many weapons about as it is legally.
You will never solve the problem...just drive it underground...
Meanwhile back at the ranch.... We have 14 souls who's families want answers...... so stick the guns up yr b*** and do what the country wants to be done!

I think the mother knew and supported their little terrorist habit. I don't think the classes she attended as 'Muslim education classes' taught as they are by that organization belong in any American public institution. Our sense of 'fair play' has gone way overboard these days...

There is a link somewhere? Father of killer guy states he was aware so if true how could the Mother live with them and not know? IMO

This is the gun capitol of the free world, underground foreign arms dealers buy weapons from us, we don't buy from them.

Virtually every illegally owned weapon in the US was "bought legally" by someone at some point, criminals aren't breaking into the firearm factories and stealing them before they are sold.

I hear ya. And not disputing the fact. I'm assuming that Obama will push for some kind of registry. So that a 'history' of any gun can be found. Easier yes I know on guns sold 'now' I mean Cuz you can walk into Walmart and buy one. Or used to. But as I said earlier. It won't stop the gun running underground.. or trying to 'alter' said gun from its original identity.. or some criminals breaking into an armoury and stealing them. Like someone posted and said earlier.... its a toughie. For sure. Omo

Finally caught up! What caught my eye and is of question to me is the 30+ communications between Farook and the mosque guy about chicken recipes. Who needs that many recipes to narrow down to the one or two that will be prepared?

Sounds very suspicious to me! A red herring that needs to be torn apart for codes. It is these small things that we dismiss that may hold answers to the killers motive.

My opinions only.

Finally caught up! What caught my eye and is of question to me is the 30+ communications between Farook and the mosque guy about chicken recipes. Who needs that many recipes to narrow down to the one or two that will be prepared?

Sounds very suspicious to me! A red herring that needs to be torn apart for codes. It is these small things that we dismiss that may hold answers to the killers motive.

My opinions only.

Yup a red herring to a red herring imo

Edit for brevity

SEE SOMETHING. SAY SOMETHING.
never mind the 'PC' crew. Just report it. Better that than more innocent lives lost to rampaging retards.

Tell that to the city of Irving, TX, who saw something, said something, and have been pilloried by the media, ridiculed by the POTUS, investigated by the DOJ and sued for $5 million because of it.

I think the mother knew and supported their little terrorist habit. I don't think the classes she attended as 'Muslim education classes' taught as they are by that organization belong in any American public institution. Our sense of 'fair play' has gone way overboard these days...

I truly believe she knew and supported it. <modsnip>

Tell that to the city of Irving, TX, who saw something, said something, and have been pilloried by the media, ridiculed by the POTUS, investigated by the DOJ and sued for $5 million because of it.

I'm sorry to hear of that... that is really despicable. How do the Gov think they are gonna win their support in fighting Terrorism when the community is terrorised by following the compliance asked for? Smdh.
If the Feds want American Citizens to 'SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING' then they've gotta put in place that it is JUST a tip off. Better left anonymously. And it will be logged notified and investigated. With no come back from the informant/s.

I agree. If the dad knew that son sympathized with Isis - which he is now saying he did, mom had to know also. However, earlier it was reported that Farook apparently been estranged from dad for awhile, so is dad just saying this or is it true? If so, why did he not report him? I know there are many reasons ... But he should have reported him.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/06/san-bernardino-gunman-obsessed-with-israel-isis-dad-says/

When Obama speaks tonight he better address this event for what it is. I saw a poll today from November that 66% of American's don't believe he has a clear plan on handling ISIS. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-do-americans-think-of-isis-syrian-refugees-terrorism/ I bet that number is even higher today. His administration has to denounce Radical Islamic Terrorism and admit that they've misread and mishandled this. In my opinion he owes the American people an apology for not taking this seriously from the very beginning, had he done that I believe ISIS would now be the JV team and lives may have been spared. I'm so disheartened.

Dream on. I heard a statement put out by the WH, previewing what Obama plans to speak about. It seemed to be heavily geared towards his take on the need for gun control. I am sure there will be a few words about terrorism thrown in though.

is what it seems to me. And it goes back to GWB. Divorcing Islam from the extremists with the premise that these people aren't "Muslims". It's essentially the "No True Scotsmen".

To be honest, I didn't even realize that until recently when I began to really think about and research this issue. I just accepted that the appropriate American response was to not blame a group for the actions of an individual, especially a religion. I was being naive and failing to really grasp what is happening and the importance of correctly characterizing and addressing it.

As I was reading here I was listening to a replay of this mornings Meet the Press with AG Lynch. I don't have a verbatim but she essentially equated the acts here to workplace violence again, saying identifying terrorists is the same thing, looking for people whose behavior has changed, as though it had no relationship to Islam.

And then the idea that the problem is guns. I don't have strong feelings about gun issues. I don't own or use guns and I'm not sure what kind of meaningful gun control can be accomplished in compliance with the second amendment. I don't know enough about guns to even argue about this effectively because a lot hinges on definitions of weapons and weapons are things that can be subsequently altered. Anyway, I don't see it related to terrorism for a few reasons including they are just as happy using bombs which can be even more deadly and terrorists will always find guns as there's no way to outlaw them in the US and they can be altered just like bombs can be built. Seems like a red herring to attach to terrorism.

Anyway, a lot of deflection by the AG as it is completely unacceptable to ever discuss Islam, radical Islam, anything at all about Islam or Muslims other than it and they need to be protected. There are PC rules in place and no matter what happens, they stay in place. That is now creating a worse problem in that most people aren't stupid and they intuitively understand the common link of Islam in the bulk of existing terror related deaths around the world and the establishment of the Islamic State. And the refusal of the government that is supposed to protect them to acknowledge this just ups the fear ante and creates space for xenophobic voices to rise.

The other deflection is to say no evidence tied to a larger cell. That is not saying much if anything. It simply means their actions may have been planned and fulfilled without assistance. But they don't even know that yet. And it doesn't at all mean there aren't other similar individuals or couples or families out there planning similar attacks on their own. It really doesn't matter if they were or weren't personally part of a cell. Neither means anything in regard to whether there are more out there. It creates a false assurance.

It will be really interesting to see what Obama says tonight. I will be carefully listening to the words while understanding there is almost zero likelihood of any change in tone or rhetoric.

It is my honest opinion that the guns will be blamed more than the terrorists. The WH had released a statement that is being shown on several news channels stating that there is no evidence that this incident is tied to a cell or larger organization. I think both issues need to be addressed, but what comes first-the terrorists or the egg?

Sometimes I feel like a lamb without it's shepard, out in the open with no defense against a pack of wolves :(

My opinions only.

<BBM for Focus>

'Yep, I'm thinking Fowl Play, myself'..

Sometimes I feel like a lamb without it's shepard, out in the open with no defense against a pack of wolves :(
So do I, Tillicum. We took my mom out Friday night as the start of her 80th bday week and I kept looking around everywhere. DH asked "Are you looking for ISIS?" I thought about how I was in a small rural town ATM and realized how silly, yet not so silly I was.

Same here. Yesterday we went to the SEC championship game at the Georgia dome. 80,000 people there. As we were standing in the massive line to get in - all I could think about was shooters, terrorism and pipe bombs! They checked everyone's bags but security just didn't seem thorough enough.

is a canard and not a nice fresh one, an old stringy, or perhaps, rubber canard. :rubberducky:

And I think this is a really bad political move, trying to substitute a terrorism response with a gun control one. I gotta believe HRC is freaking. This may be good for the "legacy" Obama is trying to create, of basically perfect PC. But doing this after a terrorist attack plays right into the republican playbook that dems don't know how to deal with terrorism. I can honestly visualize the commercials and it ain't pretty.

Not to mention even people without guns may not respond well to the "idea" of gun control after terrorists gunned down people. That's because everyone knows gun laws won't stop terrorists but a gun law may well stop a citizen who decides to arm him or herself against the terrorists. It just seems a bad move based on psychology.

And, if this country couldn't enact gun control after Sandy Hook, which is when people were most horrified and which seemed to me to be a much more appropriate occasion to address the availability of guns especially in regard to mental health. But people couldn't even come together then and figure out how to enact sensible & meaningful gun control measures. I definitely don't see it happening now.

Of course it will lay prominently with guns. But you guys in USA have is it the Second Amendment? Forgive me I'm not too much up on the legalities of Amendments. But the 'Right to bear Arms'?
If I remember rightly there has been a whole lot of Congress and Senators n whatnot people trying to get those rights quashed?
Obama will be playing on that...
Idk where you live USA UK CHINA NORTH POLE... If you want a gun.... have money.... you can get a gun.
I fail to see how Obama is gonna put anything in place with so many weapons about as it is legally.
You will never solve the problem...just drive it underground...
Meanwhile back at the ranch.... We have 14 souls who's families want answers...... so stick the guns up yr b*** and do what the country wants to be done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiend_nyx